• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Muku

Next 5* enhancement is probably Gilgamesh and Yun or White Knight Noel depending on how much they want to buff them.
Feel like Ling should be coming soon but it might make her super broken again, maybe when 9S is released with his 50% breaks.

Please, dear god .. no. Or at least make some of them meh. I have all three units on main and that could potentially kill me if they were all good. And came out all at same time.

Alkez

Infernal Armlet will kinda be obsolete once Desch comes to GL. But still, it depends.

Bracer = +30 atk, +15% hp
Infernal Armlet = 20% atk, 20% def
Desch Earring = +45 atk

20% def or 15% hp might be preferable on some boss fights.

Yeah I think the HP is more valuable tbh. Unless it's on a (non-true) doublehander or you're running Wisdom the health will be missed imo.

Its not about getting 100% evasion, but about with how much equipment you get that 100% evasion

I see that point I guess, although in the end I don't see it making much difference. You might be able to add a little bit more attack I guess by saving a slot or something similar. If the unit wasn't legit garbage then sure, if he gets good enhancements I could see him being useful, but as is I would hope no one would chase that dude just for that cloak.

I see that point I guess, although in the end I don't see it making much difference. You might be able to add a little bit more attack I guess by saving a slot or something similar. If the unit wasn't legit garbage then sure, if he gets good enhancements I could see him being useful, but as is I would hope no one would chase that dude just for that cloak.

Eh, I agree w/ Val. I have a 100% Evasion Noctis, but I can't use the Safety Bit yet.....so he can't solo trials yet.

Still nice to have an unkillable punching bag on the team though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Can someone tell me the name of the unit that will have the True Doublehand TM ? Hope its a 3* or 4*.

Shouta

Can someone tell me the name of the unit that will have the True Doublehand TM ? Hope its a 3* or 4*.

Cloud and Elfried have True Doublehand, Cloud has the TDM TM which is 100% while Elfried has the Martial Glove that gives 40 attack plus 50% TDM

Both are 5-star.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cloud and Elfried have True Doublehand, Cloud has the TDM TM which is 100% while Elfried has the Martial Glove that gives 40 attack plus 50% TDM

Both are 5-star.
Some scrub nub named Cloud. He's a nobody!

/s

Oh shit...thanks, for some reason i thought the TM was on some other unit but that Clou just benefits the most from it.

Both are 5* ? Yikes...is Cloud this a 2017 release for Global ? If so ill have to start saving up after this Nier Event.

Imagine getting TDM and Olive Enhancements around the same time...would be lit.

forgrim

Man thats really good - grats. 2 1/2 hours is actually pretty fast compared to other numbers ive seen in this thread.

I wont attempt to clear it but its weird seeing you clear the Trial with units i also own. How much luck was involved in the clear ? Any Premium MvP Premium TMs you had to use ?

Very nice, job.

Why ? I pulled her a while ago but i cant think of a single reason why i would wanna use her.

Just rikkus pouch...used bracers and stuff for hp but there's substitutes for that, and dual wield andt twin Lance for cecil for orb generation

Other than that, a strong emperor friend

(JP) So after shit tier luck since the first day of playing I used two of my tickets from the raid, and 2 rainbows in a row. Tidus and Fire Veritas. Cool!

Interesting read regarding Aigaion's glove and fist mastery.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...genji_glove_no_problem_fists_are_your_friend/

If you don't have a Genji Glove and are trying to maximize your damage dealers consider fist weapons. Using Aigaion Arm, Use Grappling Weapons and Martial Arts Mastery with most units with one or less innate weapon mastery chances are you will have more attack than your current set up.

Regulandu - 970 Attack

Orlandeau 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Genji Blade +107ATK
Left Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Large Sword Mastery +50% ATK w/ Great Sword
Ability 3: Blade Mastery +50% ATK w/ Katana
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200
Total Stats: HP: 6467 MP: 246 ATK: 970 DEF: 268 MAG: 192 SPR: 189
FistLandu - 1027 Attack

Orlandeau 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Aigion Arm +145ATK+100%LBFillRate
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 3: Use Grappling Weapons Can equip Fists
Ability 4: Martial Arts Mastery +50%ATK w/ Fist
Total Stats: HP: 5264 MP: 246 ATK: 1027 DEF: 388 MAG: 192 SPR: 189
Surprise it also beats a similarly geared Genji Glove build! - 1015 Attack

Orlandeau 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Genji Blade +107ATK
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Large Sword Mastery +50% ATK w/ Great Sword
Ability 2: Blade Mastery +50% ATK w/ Katana
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Total Stats: HP: 5865 MP: 246 ATK: 1015 DEF: 268 MAG: 207 SPR: 189
Bonus Build for those with Yun's Crimson Slayer - 1055 Attack

Orlandeau 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Aigion Arm +145ATK+100%LBFillRate
Body: Crimson Slayer +52DEF+25%Fire +30%ATK With Fist Weapon
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 3: Use Grappling Weapons Can equip Fists
Ability 4: Martial Arts Mastery +50%ATK w/ Fist
Total Stats: HP: 5264 MP: 246 ATK: 1055 DEF: 389 MAG: 170 SPR: 189
Are there better units to use this on like Aileen? For sure! But seeing how this will work on most units out there (Try it with Tidus or DKC!) this opens lots of gearing options for whatever your squad composition may be.

If you haven't tackled Machina of Destruction yet hopefully this is some extra motivation. Good luck!

Edit - As pointed out by /u/SpanishYes Fistlandu w/Genji is an excellent option for those lucky souls! - 1035 Attack

Orlandeau 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Left Hand: Aigion Arm +145ATK+100%LBFillRate
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Ability 1: Use Grappling Weapons Can equip Fists
Ability 3: Martial Arts Mastery +50%ATK w/ Fist
Total Stats: HP: 5264 MP: 246 ATK: 1035 DEF: 328 MAG: 207 SPR: 189
Edit 2 - Due to the nature of how DW Physical Damage is calculated /u/testmonkeyalpha brings up a good point in saying "The 1015 ATK genji glove build should do about 1.5% more damage than the 1027 fist build." Here is the link to their comment. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...ove_no_problem_fists_are_your_friend/dknsykz/

Alkez

(JP) So after shit tier luck since the first day of playing I used two of my tickets from the raid, and 2 rainbows in a row. Tidus and Fire Veritas. Cool!

Alim finally recognised your Gumi employee ID I see. Took their time haha.

Seriously though congrats. Tidus is quite common on my FL, and if you have Camille you can chain with her.

tuffymon

Eh, I agree w/ Val. I have a 100% Evasion Noctis, but I can't use the Safety Bit yet.....so he can't solo trials yet.

Still nice to have an unkillable punching bag on the team though.

You could buy the Kaiser Shield, and then you'd still keep the 100% evasion, you just won't be dual wielding.

What is the Lorraine accessory you guys are talking about?

Genji Glove +1 pretty much...
Wield Two Weapons & +15% ATK when equipped with Katana & +15% ATK when equipped with Sword & +15% ATK when equipped with Dagger & +15% ATK when equipped with Greatsword

forgrim

To make an aigaion build, all i need is two champions belts from my six snows...guess i farm 3 at a time after the gazillion other tms im doing

Syntsui

This shit is extremely frustrating

9CfoDDf.png
Everything was under control, the breaks, the mitigated covers, OK's wind resist, Roy singing, Ayaka renewing the auto res and healing, Aileen using imperil... Until one single bad roll where I didnt have the AoE cover up and he killed three important character fucking up my entire run.

It doesn't matter if you have the dream team composition, if you lack defensive TMs you are going to sweat. I really need another FF XIV raid >.>

Celegus

Wield Two Weapons & +15% ATK when equipped with Katana & +15% ATK when equipped with Sword & +15% ATK when equipped with Dagger & +15% ATK when equipped with Greatsword

Too bad it costs hundreds of dollars, so I'll never have one. Nice for the whales though!

robotuw

Everything was under control, the breaks, the mitigated covers, OK's wind resist, Roy singing, Ayaka renewing the auto res and healing, Aileen using imperil... Until one single bad roll where I didnt have the AoE cover up and he killed three important character fucking up my entire run.

It doesn't matter if you have the dream team composition, if you lack defensive TMs you are going to sweat. I really need another FF XIV raid >.>

Stuff like this makes me glad I'm working on 4 Raslers at the moment, and a couple Queens are up after that. Really gotta start shifting gears from all-out offense to survive-ability.

Celegus

Stuff like this makes me glad I'm working on 4 Raslers at the moment, and a couple Queens are up after that. Really gotta start shifting gears from all-out offense to survive-ability.

I'd love to as well, but the selection for defensive ones are generally kind of meh. Rasler is great but I only have one of him. Amarant/Guy don't seem worth it to me with Rasler around and Crowe coming.

tuffymon

Too bad it costs hundreds of dollars, so I'll never have one. Nice for the whales though!

I won't drop whatever the cost day 1, but if I keep playing this over time I will. Some of the bundles are hard to pass up imo, but everyone knows their boundaries, worst case you'll have a bad ass friend unit or 17 from gaf :p

Xion86

Just went back and cleared up obtaining all the Flamering and Aurora keys! :) had quite a few missed out, glad that's out the way, some cool rewards too. Can focus just on the new story areas now.

wilstreak

best healer, best physical tank, best magical tank, best DPS, best support buff

I cant even imagine how hard it is with scrub unit.

Syntsui

best healer, best physical tank, best magical tank, best DPS, best support buff

I cant even imagine how hard it is with scrub unit.
If they have a few specific TMs, pretty easy. There is a video online of a trash team killing in one turn after friend Sakura built up her Lightning move ten times on her own team. I have zero elemental coverage and HP TMs.

fionel

While his attacks look like wind elemental I found that wind resist does nothing to migitate damage. I used Mystair at first as well but eventually found her redundant as WoL with Rikku's ultra nullall can soak in all the damage with brave presence. After his hp drops below 50% he will buff himself every single turn and I thought it's pretty crucial to dispel his buff and also re-debuff him to avoid getting anybody killed. (I had Ayaka to heal stop and Yuna as a backup healer and dispeler) As long as you can keep that up you shouldn't have to worry about the "bad rolls".

Syntsui

While his attacks look like wind elemental I found that wind resist does nothing to migitate damage. I used Mystair at first as well but eventually found her redundant as WoL with Rikku's ultra nullall can soak in all the damage with brave presence. After his hp drops below 50% he will buff himself every single turn and I thought it's pretty crucial to dispel his buff and also re-debuff him to avoid getting anybody killed. (I had Ayaka to heal stop and Yuna as a backup healer and dispeler) As long as you can keep that up you shouldn't have to worry about the "bad rolls".
Fuck, I forgot I had Rikku lmao. I'll use her thanks hahahaha.

EDIT: Ah, I can't really level up her right now. I'll try again with this team as I got really close to beat him.

Oh and dispelling him does nothing as he will immediately rebuff before even attacking you.

Shouta

I had 2 Sage Sakuras doing my damage while I had a Tidus to just build LB for the objective on that Bravely boss, lol.

Syntsui

Killed him :DDD

I used the exact same team and I went through a lot of close calls, there were two situations where he killed three characters at once but luckily Ayaka resurrected everyone and Roy was free for another set of songs. It can't be stressed enough how lucky I was there, the RNG is strong in this boss >.>.

How the fuck can he kill three fully buffed, wind resisted characters and then not be able to kill anyone without wind or cover set ups? This was Titan all over again lol.

EDIT: AND THEN WITH THE REWARDED TICKET......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I EARNED THAT SHIT!!!!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
GENJI GLOVE IS MIIIIIIINE!!!

All this time and now I finally have one ... which means I now have my very first 900+ ATK unit in Noctis.

So with Viking Axe and Genji Glove off the table, I'm working DoubleHand and another Quick Assault for the inventory.

I can't get a 6* to save my life since Reberta and Fohlen, but I sure as hell am racking up the TM inventory.

What's your Tidus look like (numbers wise) with the fist build?

Aigaion Arm
Brotherhood
Black Cowl
Demon Mail
Champions Belt
Genji Glove

Martial Arts Mastery
Use Grappling Weapons
Dark Knights Soul
Wisdom

30/30 Attack and Odin equipped

5553 Hp
980 Atk
153 Mag
229 mp
305 def
178 spr

I see, so you have to use specific weapons but you can get 30% out of it.

GENJI GLOVE IS MIIIIIIINE!!!

All this time and now I finally have one ... which means I now have my very first 900+ ATK unit in Noctis.

So with Viking Axe and Genji Glove off the table, I'm working DoubleHand and another Quick Assault for the inventory.

I can't get a 6* to save my life since Reberta and Fohlen, but I sure as hell am racking up the TM inventory.

Obtaining all the top TMs is more important than getting rainbows IMO. They are the biggest power jumps you can add to your units.

fionel

Killed him :DDD

I used the exact same team and I went through a lot of close calls, there were two situations where he killed three characters at once but luckily Ayaka resurrected everyone and Roy was free for another set of songs. It can't be stressed enough how lucky I was there, the RNG is strong in this boss >.>.

How the fuck can he kill three fully buffed, wind resisted characters and then not be able to kill anyone without wind or cover set ups? This was Titan all over again lol.

EDIT: AND THEN WITH THE REWARDED TICKET......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I EARNED THAT SHIT!!!!

Grats! Goddamit I'm so salty about your pulls. Rainbow rate has been like back to 1% to me this month!

I had 2 Sage Sakuras doing my damage while I had a Tidus to just build LB for the objective on that Bravely boss, lol.

Sage Sakura is OP and you know it ;p

Lyrian

Man, it's a slow week on Global, especially if one doesn't have either of the two magical units to not take 4 hours on the Robot (screw that). Decent for farming T4 crysts from the story event, though.

ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzz

Anyways, for those that marginally care, Reddit is reporting that the esper summoning damage formula has finally been cracked.

And here they are:

Reddit said:
Esper damage involves all 4 stats, not just ATK or MAG.

All stats are divided by 100 then rounded down, so you will need to increase a stat to +100 in order to increase damage. finally the esper's damage depends if atk type or mag type

So if Odin's stats is 6250, he will use 62 ATK

If ATK type the formula is round down ( (ATK + DEF + MAG/2 + SPR/2) * (1 + EVO MAG%) ) ^ 2) * esper damage mod * esper level mod * 1 / enemy def * final variance of (85% to 100% in 1% increments)

If MAG type the formula is round down ( (MAG + SPR + ATK/2 + DEF/2) * (1 + EVO MAG%) ) ^ 2) * esper damage mod * esper level mod * 1 / enemy spr * final variance of (85% to 100% in 1% increments)

Unit level does not matter

Only thing outside the Esper that matters is evo mag %

I pretty much agree with that, from personal observation with using espers on many teams over the last year.

Top Bottom