• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
Alright, this is probably a little too serious for this topic but I'm gonna post it anyway.

Yesterday morning, I posted a vague goodbye fully intending on ending my life. Stress was getting to me and I was kinda freaking out. I pulled a gun on myself and eventually cops were called and I was basically in a standoff for two or so hours. It was actually on the local news, some news douche was Facebook Living the entire thing. Looking back, I'm a fucking idiot and regret what I did. I took two bean bag bullets to my legs and they fucking hurt. I'm currently in a mental health facility, not a hospital or anything, but a house with other people with mental disabilities and counselors. I'm actually not gonna be here too long, only until early next week, because it was just a spur of the moment freakout and not a depression thing that's been going on for years and years. I just read all your posts responding to mine and just wanna say thanks for worrying, it feels good to know that people, even if they're strangers on the internet, actually care.

So yeah, tl;dr, I'm still alive. Thanks for caring. See y'all later.

Super glad to hear you're alright. Take care of yourself, duder.

<>

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, I set my alarm to get up way early to play more.

Like the movement feels great, which is important for games like these.

Wish nintendo would just let us fight AI for a set time during the downtimes though,

Min min literally saying "Noodles" all the time is real fucking dumb tho lol.

Joeku

Welp, my Giant Bomb Premium has been expired for a couple weeks cuz I'm broke, and based on these youtube links, I am clearly better off.

But goddamn, I am missing all of the video content that has any personality in it. They should really make a little bit of it available for freeloaders. Getting solely podcasts and quick looks feels borderline clinical.

How did Jeff not know there was a Lego batman movie? That thing was everywhere for a while

I can understand... I think he recently ditched his TV subscription... When I did that I started to lose track of movie releases. I'm a big Comic Book fan, but Logan and Gaurdians of the Galaxy 2 snuck up on me. ( I think both of those were pretty heavily marketed also). I also have no idea what the awareness surrounding Wonder Woman is.

But ditching TV really impacted my knowledge of movie releases.

I can understand... I think he recently ditched his TV subscription... When I did that I started to lose track of movie releases. I'm a big Comic Book fan, but Logan and Gaurdians of the Galaxy 2 snuck up on me. ( I think both of those were pretty heavily marketed also). I also have no idea what the awareness surrounding Wonder Woman is.

But ditching TV really impacted my knowledge of movie releases.

jeff hates brad so much that he chooses not to watch anything on tv in fear of seeing brad on there accidentally

killroy87

How did Jeff not know there was a Lego batman movie? That thing was everywhere for a while

Sometimes I genuinely wonder if Jeff is playing it up just a little bit. Like, I guess he has no reason to, but the dude works in the entertainment industry. If nothing else, he would have been bombarded with ads on the sites he visited.

I fully believe he's never seen it, and doesn't care to. But to be so beguiled that it even exists? If that's true, I really want to see Jeffs user pathway through technology that he never saw an ad.

Dineren

Banned
As someone who doesn't watch TV at all, but browses the web day and night, I had no idea there was a Lego batman movie. I don't remember seeing any ads at all for it.

killroy87

As someone who doesn't watch TV at all, but browses the web day and night, I had no idea there was a Lego batman movie. I don't remember seeing any ads at all for it.
I'm not sayin you're wrong or lying, that just actually blows my mind. That's crazy to me

killroy87

I didn't know there was a Lego Batman movie until it was mentioned on the Bombcast, either.
Are like Marvel movies the only ones you know that exist then? Cuz Lego Batman was a straight up blockbuster, it was a big movie. Out of curiosity, how do you generally find out about movies you want to see?

Like, it impressed me for Jeff specifically more than other people, since the film and videogame industries tend to overlap a bit (the Lego films and videogames absolutely overlap). I think he may have seen ads for it, and might have just thought it was for a Lego Batman game, or for Lego dimensions. The idea that in Jeff's line of work, he never passed by marketing material for that movie, it's almost unbelievable to me.

FluxWaveZ

Are like Marvel movies the only ones you know that exist then? Cuz Lego Batman was a straight up blockbuster, it was a big movie. Out of curiosity, how do you generally find out about movies you want to see?

I'm an outlier, though. I don't really watch movies, and I don't watch TV. I guess I hear about notable ones through NeoGAF, podcasts, YouTube's front page and some internet ads. I usually hear about the major upcoming ones somehow like this.

golf island

x9w8Ckg.gif

cZon0uG.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just finished the bomb cast. What next - UPF or Bring your B-Game?

Edit : if that gif from UPF? Watching that then.

I wish they had a better player so you could skip segments (add chapter marks to the archived videos?) or at least better scrubbing. It's like I'm paying money for a worse player than the free stuff on youtube

Volotaire

Just finished the bomb cast. What next - UPF or Bring your B-Game?

Edit : if that gif from UPF? Watching that then.

I wish they had a better player so you could skip segments (add chapter marks to the archived videos?) or at least better scrubbing. It's like I'm paying money for a worse player than the free stuff on youtube

On QLCrew, users may timestamp specific parts of GB videos.

On QLCrew, users sometimes timestamp specific parts of GB videos.

Man, that website is so good...

In fact GiantBomb.com is the 4th most preferable way to enjoy GB content. I personally much more prefer using the Giant Bomb Video Buddy App, QLcrew.com, and YouTube before the website.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
lol, legit so many instances of Ben confusing left and right :D

I still love him!

Hjod

Banned
I've been watching alot of Breaking Bad the last few days, the Demon Souls videos.

Vinny trolling, Brads almost unhealthy obssesion for Crystal Lizards. So good.

Shhh...did you hear that?

I've been watching alot of Breaking Bad the last few days, the Demon Souls videos.

Vinny trolling, Brads almost unhealthy obssesion for Crystal Lizards. So good.

Shhh...did you hear that?

It's really great! One of my favourite features on the site. Made me finally play Demon's Souls, too.

Speaking of Brad, the last time he was on a video with just Jeff was a month ago from tomorrow.

Why does Jeff hate Brad? Why can't he be alone with him anymore?

Welp, my Giant Bomb Premium has been expired for a couple weeks cuz I'm broke, and based on these youtube links, I am clearly better off.

But goddamn, I am missing all of the video content that has any personality in it. They should really make a little bit of it available for freeloaders. Getting solely podcasts and quick looks feels borderline clinical.

Yeah I've kinda always felt this way, anything worth a damn is premium and the quality divide between non-premium/premium content becomes so much more apparent when you've actually had premium and can see it for yourself. Having a couple free series would go a long way and as a premium member myself I wouldn't feel cheated or feel like my subscription is undervalued either, hell being able to use the YouTube player would be a bonus.

Yeah I've kinda always felt this way, anything worth a damn is premium and the quality divide between non-premium/premium content becomes so much more apparent when you've actually had premium and can see it for yourself. Having a couple free series would go a long way and as a premium member myself I wouldn't feel cheated or feel like my subscription is undervalued either, hell being able to use the YouTube player would be a bonus.

Don't know what you're talking about, there. There's Ranking of Fighters, the Old Games Show, the No Go Show, Blight Club, Project B.E.A.S.T., I Love Mondays, Spelunkin' with Scoops, and much much more. It's an embarrassment of riches.

demidar

Well thankfully, people who would like a free sample of what it's like to be a Premium Member can watch Mario Party Party 1... for free!

Hasney

Well thankfully, people who would like a free sample of what it's like to be a Premium Member can watch Mario Party Party 1... for free!

And Beast in the Eat, Metal Gear Scanlon and one more thing that was released for free during the sale week.

Meneses

Watching Vinny play around with physics engines will never get old.

Their talk about B-games, on the other end, is the worst.

Real Hero

I don't get their reaction to Mario having a gun, it's a cartoon laser thing just like any of the smash bros stuff. Alex reacted like they had done a shadow the hedgehog with it

So with E3 being two weeks away, I'm rewatching the old Press Conferences. Boy were people pissed at them not feeling the last two Sony Press Conferences.

So with E3 being two weeks away, I'm rewatching the old Press Conferences. Boy were people pissed at them not feeling the last two Sony Press Conferences.

I think the biggest reaction (that at least I can remember) is when Microsoft announced backwards compatibility for the XONE. Other than that, can't remember them being stoked about many announcements.

Hasney

I'm just glad the reaction to Sony's conference last year was hugely positive from average people that watched it. It's the style I want to see going forward from all of them if possible. Sure, the one previous was some big announcements, but still too many talking heads. Save that for PSX.

I'm just glad the reaction to Sony's conference last year was hugely positive from average people that watched it. It's the style I want to see going forward from all of them if possible. Sure, the one previous was some big announcements, but still too many talking heads. Save that for PSX.

Sony's approach really didn't click with me. It just felt like an hour long trailer reel, and I'd prefer to just look at the good stuff on YouTube, while ignoring the garbage (Days Gone). With MS, I knew what they had coming in the next year, and found out why I should care.

Also, I need talking heads doing some stupid shit. How else do we get #WEED3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom