• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meguro

Banned
I should get to Blood and Wine. I bought it at launch for PS4 and then shortly bought a new PC afterward, making me the dumbest idiot.
Maybe I'll just play the entirety of Witcher 3 again on PC?

J_Viper

I should get to Blood and Wine. I bought it at launch for PS4 and then shortly bought a new PC afterward, making me the dumbest idiot.
Maybe I'll just play the entirety of Witcher 3 again on PC?

I'm in this same predicament.

Great game, but god, I don't think I can start over from scratch. Base game and Hearts of Stone took me well over a hundred hours.

Strax

I just played the Colorado map for the first time yesterday and I really enjoyed it because how different is from the other maps.

Zaph

XUgmwgj.png

Is there a game on the site with a higher count that isn't an ER or MGS?

I'm in this same predicament.

Great game, but god, I don't think I can start over from scratch. Base game and Hearts of Stone took me well over a hundred hours.

Yeah don't do that. The expansions are standalone so it's not like you need to know backstory. And the mechanics of the combat are simple enough to get back to being proficient after 30 minutes.

TraBuch

Banned
Did Jeff ever listen to the rest of those terrible Eminem covers on Mixlr? He said something like "Maybe we'll listen to the rest of that next week".

Is something going on with Giant Bomb right now? I tried to login but it failed, and saying I forgot my password gets me a message saying there's an issue with my account.

popo

As someone who considers himself a terrible singer I though y'all were just being mean about Dan's singing. Oh boy. Maybe I am not so bad after all. Brad pissing himself trying not to laugh the whole time.

btw, anyone know how much the Brad stream raised for the kids?

Khezu

Have they given a time frame for when they are hiring a new dude for west coast?

Jeff really needs someone he can play off of, Dan kinda worked, but he was no Vinny.

Joeku

Like, I'm glad Hitman did well in GotY talk, but it is lessened somewhat because none of them seem to know what the flying fuck is going on in the game. And this "I'm doing it on camera" excuse is bogus. The game's been out for nearly a year. I have performed on-stage numerous times in my life and I never forgot what a fucking eyeline was, despite having a live audience. Nor fallen over my own feet, nor forgot how to speak words, nor drooled all over myself. They've consistently done the video game equivalent of those, from release to today.

Except Vinny. Dude is like digital chaos theory. Fuck you, Santa!

Like, I'm glad Hitman did well in GotY talk, but it is lessened somewhat because none of them seem to know what the flying fuck is going on in the game. And this "I'm doing it on camera" excuse is bogus. The game's been out for nearly a year. I have performed on-stage numerous times in my life and I never forgot what a fucking eyeline was, despite having a live audience. Nor fallen over my own feet, nor forgot how to speak words, nor drooled all over myself. They've consistently done the video game equivalent of those, from release to today.

Different people act differently in same situations. Dan and Brad probably play well by themselves, but on camera they get nervous.

Not everyone can perform infront if an audience.

Joeku

The whole #weed3 bit will never get old.

Oh, it's lit.

Different people act differently in same situations. Dan and Brad probably play well by themselves, but on camera they get nervous.

Not everyone can perform infront if an audience.

I totally completely get that, and I'm sympathetic to it. But not being able to see filled-in and non-filled-in circles and not recognizing a difference for nine months isn't nerves, it's blindness.

Someone should really tell Brad and Dan that being found trespassing doesnt automatically mean to start shooting because its game over.

Its been nearly a year now

Looks like Brad's stream archive on YouTube is fucked. Shows as 24h long but only has the last 4 hours.

Yeah, that happens with super long live streams on YouTube. I think the "archive" is essentially the same link from when it was live, and there's a limit to how much it can archive. Eventually, a real, full, archive will happen.

Tubobutts

Not everyone is a good boy.

Would anyone watch a series like Giant Bomb Makes Mario called Giant Bomb Makes Doom, where Brad (and Jeff?) and chat make a Doom SnapMap multiplayer map and then do deathmatch in said map?

Salarians

After starting a TW3 NG+ Death March file when NG+ was released, accidentally losing my original saves, falling away from this run for months until last summer, respeccing Geralt in a way that made the game easier than the first time, beating the game, grinding out the platinum trophy, and replaying HoS (because I originally played it with a generic Geralt), I am finally prepared to start Blood and Wine.

Would anyone watch a series like Giant Bomb Makes Mario called Giant Bomb Makes Doom, where Brad (and Jeff?) and chat make a Doom SnapMap multiplayer map and then do deathmatch in said map?

Hmm, could be worth a trial run. Wasn't id talking about allowing single player levels to be built using snapmap? It could be fun to see them try to build really difficult levels for one another to play.

Xater

I think it would be funnier to see Brad trying to make a map for the original Doom. A whole different kind of Breaking Brad.

popo

Have they given a time frame for when they are hiring a new dude for west coast?

Jeff really needs someone he can play off of, Dan kinda worked, but he was no Vinny.

When have they ever given timetables? AFAIK they have not even advertised it yet - something CBS will likely make them do even if they already have a hire in mind.

erawsd

I totally completely get that, and I'm sympathetic to it. But not being able to see filled-in and non-filled-in circles and not recognizing a difference for nine months isn't nerves, it's blindness.

Personally, I think watching them fumble and overthink their way through the hits is exactly what makes the Hitman videos fun to watch. If they fully understood the systems and the deficiencies of the AI, then it'd be too easy unless they turned off a lot of the options. Its one of the reasons I got bored of Metal Gear Scanlon with MGS4, Drew was able to just breeze through it.

Meguro

Banned
Excuse me, call it what you like but if there's one thing Drew didn't do in any of the MGS games it is breeze through them.

Megasoum

Banned
I spent the last month at my parents' place to recover from a surgery. I just got back home.

Man... A whole month with only 5Mbps and 100gb monthly cap is fucking torture.

Now back to my 130Mbps and no cap. I'm freeeeeee! I think I'm gonna patch and download everything just for the fun of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom