• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Surfacing Best Of's on the site is handy when you missed a bunch of content and don't have time to catch up.

But yeah, the name is a bit unfortunate but works for YouTube.

"A lot of people who loved the first game are going to really not like it."

kickstarter-logo.png
You would think the one good thing to come out of KS would be a decrease in demand for sequels and revived IP.

Jintor

Should I get SuperHot?

I trust yalls tastes way more than the duders.

Still bitter about getting burned on The Witness and Stardew this year.

It's the most innovative shooter I've played in years*

*okay it's not really but it's pretty damn fun

To be honest I think apart from the styyyyyle of the story the story itself's not worth too much. But endless mode makes me happy. I want to be able to dodge around more and stuff though.

Rainmaker

Banned
the person who makes the best of's also made it sound like a best of 2016's best of's was requested by fans on twitter. Nothing wrong with this at all.

It's 30 minutes long and is a cool way to cap off the year.

Should I get SuperHot?

It's pretty short but it's really fun. That last mission in the story mode is a real bitch and tests your understanding of the mechanics to a pretty absurd degree.

Xater

Well it's basically a $20 game. Which is weird for something you can't even know what it is unless you want to ruin the surprise.

And it's Windows only. The lat one you just had to launch in a browser. It was a very low commitment.

hamchan

Should I get SuperHot?

I enjoyed my 1 and a half hours of SuperHot more than my 20 hours of playing the Witness.

I dunno, do you like shooting and stabbing dudes in slow motion. I sure do.

Should I get SuperHot?

Yes, you should. It's very short though and while it has many unlockable modes, it won't hook you in because it's the same levels just with different rules(finish the level with just punching dudes). However, if you end up loving the game you'll appreciate the new ways of finishing said levels.

sixghost

Wow! MK9 not getting into the top 10 is a huge surprise for me considering Brad AND Jeff loved it.

I know in the time that I played that game, the multiplayer basically never worked. They had this ridiculous lobby system that required you to join a chat channel, then look for a match in that channel. Most of the time you couldn't connect to the match, and the few times you actually got through, you would get disconnected sometime before it was your turn to play.

kai3345

Banned
I don't know, I think it's weird they have best of videos featured ON THEIR OWN SITE. Like, pat yourself on the back much?
It's a way to be able to pay TurboMan for the work he's been doing for years. Plus I think Jeff has said in a jar time or something that those videos have led to a large number of people getting subscriptions

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
And it's Windows only. The lat one you just had to launch in a browser. It was a very low commitment.
Checked Steamspy/SteamDB now and I guess only about 4k people played it.
This would've maybe ended up on the most disappointing list with an earlier release...

p2535748

I don't know, I think it's weird they have best of videos featured ON THEIR OWN SITE. Like, pat yourself on the back much?

In addition to what a lot of other people have said "best of" isn't inherently bragging. It's saying "here's some of the best moments we've had," and doesn't actually say anything about the objective quality of those moments.

If they had called it "Best of the internet" or something, you'd have a point.

Atleast its not as pretentious as the youtube rewind stuff

Hey remember that time this year the Rock held up a youtube button

I dont

But hes the only real star in that whole damn thing so heres the Rock holding up a button

Meguro

Banned
Man sometimes people in here get bothered by the weirdest shit.
I like the Best Of stuff. It's a fun way to revisit funny moments.

Man sometimes people in here get bothered by the weirdest shit.
I like the Best Of stuff. It's a fun way to revisit funny moments.

I agree. The best thing about these videos is that people could catch up content that they've missed. I assume some of us here watch everything they put out, me included so these videos don't necessarily workout for us as much as it does for the people that don't watch everything they put out.

For the people that watch everything though, it's a nice way to look back on things. A nostalgic trip if you will.

Zocano

Da fuck is this. I wasn't even complaining about the c word, just asking a question.

Going to file a formal complaint to MCGrammar because of this.

They really should do more game tapes tho.

We can officially start complaining about lack of content again now, yes?

Well to be honest none of the content they put out in the last week was subscriber only...

I'm placing bets we won't see it release this year.

Oh no way. Activision just had the worst sales of Call of Duty last year that they've ever had. And music games and toys to life are dead. Activision (minus Blizzard) is in a bad way right now and absolutely must have Destiny 2 this year.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Well to be honest none of the content they put out in the last week was subscriber only...

I was actually noticing how the videos from last week are normally the kind of stuff that would be Premium. Its actually a pretty good idea, I'm sure traffic to the site spikes around GOTY, a perfect time to put up videos and say "hey look what else you could be watching for $5 a month"

I'm not mad at all, its a good plan

I was actually noticing how the videos from last week are normally the kind of stuff that would be Premium. Its actually a pretty good idea, I'm sure traffic to the site spikes around GOTY, a perfect time to put up videos and say "hey look what else you could be watching for $5 a month"

I'm not mad at all, its a good plan

Yup

And content is content.

popo

Geometry Wars is a really good arcade game, basically. The love is justified, but they also have some weird 360 release nostalgia for it.

Oh and Witcher 3 and my ocd might kill me:
unbenannt3xhsm0.png

Missing one fucking card...

There is a website where you can tick off all the cards you have and it will tell you what you are missing and who sells it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There is a website where you can tick off all the cards you have and it will tell you what you are missing and who sells it.
Doesn't work for the "players of no particular renown" cards. You just have to find NPCs you missed. Oh and I did it now!

Fun fact: the game first said to me I was missing 3 cards. I then found 3 NPCs I hadn't played yet, won 3 cards....it now said I had 1 card left. I think that's when some people start throwing controllers.

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED MY EYES should have been the OT title you ingrates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom