• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

That's a horrible idea.

The whole point of Big Brother is being secluded in a house and playing a game with no outside influence.

The irony is in Derrick's season, there was someone screaming with a bullhorn into the Big Brother house backyard. Derrick started panicking and grabbed everyone out of the backyard and had them run into the house.

He was so scared he was going to be outed as a puppet-master, that he did everything he could to protect himself from any outside influence.

It's just bizarre to me that all over social media, people are saying they hope Derrick goes into the house and exposes Paul for manipulating everyone. I don't think I have ever watched a season where fans wanted a houseguest to have their game ruined by an outside force, until this season.

So again...it's interesting how with Big Brother, white men are celebrated for being masterminds and controlling everybody in the house, but yet an ethnic man does not have that same right and must have his game derailed - even from outside forces (thus compromising the entire spirit of the game).

EDIT: Found the video of Derrick ordering everyone out of the backyard during the bullhorn incident (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J60D82AtrAI).

I don't follow. Is Paul an ethnic man?

Tregard

Soothsayer
I know people in here dislike Paul, but the guy was a constant target last season and always managed to get out of it. Derrick's season was full of idiots, and Paul is having the same luck this season, lol. Be a shame if they allow his salty ass to spoil it.

I still hold the belief that Paul threw away winning last season by 1) taking Nicole to F2 instead of James, which would have been a sure thing and 2) Not just apologising for calling Meech a c*nt, which would have won her vote over.

He doesn't deserve to just be handed a victory on a silver platter because he came so close last year, and it's super boring to watch him do that.

JettDash

I still hold the belief that Paul threw away winning last season by 1) taking Nicole to F2 instead of James, which would have been a sure thing and 2) Not just apologising for calling Meech a c*nt, which would have won her vote over.

He doesn't deserve to just be handed a victory on a silver platter because he came so close last year, and it's super boring to watch him do that.

Paul definitely gave Nicole $500k.

What if Matt has been throwing all the comps to make himself less of a threat?

He has. That's his game. He said so in the diary room. Notice he never gets involved in any spat, and just chows down on cereal instead? He barely ever raises his voice.

Not saying he's going to turn around etc.. but what he's done by volunteering to go up on the block and not use the veto on himself shows he's a trustworthy guy who keeps his word.

That's huge in this house. He can call in favour if there's any real danger.

JettDash

He has. That's his game. He said so in the diary room. Notice he never gets involved in any spat, and just chows down on cereal instead? He barely ever raises his voice.

Not saying he's going to turn around etc.. but what he's done by volunteering to go up on the block and not use the veto on himself shows he's a trustworthy guy who keeps his word.

That's huge in this house. He can call in favour if there's any real danger.

Did he volunteer to go on the block against Elena?

I think I might have if I was in in position just to seem like a team player.

Wait like a week a two to start winning comps.

Jasper

But Meech voted for Paul to win.

It was the dumbass Natalie who said from the very beginning of the season that she would NEVER vote for a man to win, if there was a woman in the final 2.

Also don't forget Paulie was in the jury, and his family was close friends with Nicole's family (they have gone on vacations together, etc) because of the Cody in BB16 connection. Likewise brain dead Zakiyah was in jury and she just voted for whoever Paulie told her to vote for.

Plus Corey was in jury too and Nicole was giving him handjobs all summer long!

Parch

What if Matt has been throwing all the comps to make himself less of a threat?
Possible I suppose. He looks capable of being physically able so he could be just playing dumb.

It's not a dumb strategy. Avoid the target first half of the season. He's certainly done that. Float. Throw comps. Be the loyal alliance member. He's pretty low on the target list. Once you get deep into the game then you can start to be a more involved player. Win key comps. Ramp up the strategy and start making big moves. The end game is the most important time to make an impression on the jury.

Nobody has Matt on the win radar. Nobody. Perhaps that's exactly what he wants.

Ramirez

I only watch the TV show, but Alex seems pretty adamant on breaking up Matt and Raven, so I wouldn't say he's not on anyone's radar?? Unless they just cut it like that.

MisterHero

Christmas should put up Paul and Alex
Muhahahahaha.
Easily.
Kevin, Mark, Josh could be ready to vote on either. The only effort required is to get Matt and Raven to flip on Paul. Fuck Alex

If Paul/Alex is just a ruse to backdoor Mark, I'll never forgive this house. =(

That's a horrible idea.

The whole point of Big Brother is being secluded in a house and playing a game with no outside influence.

The irony is in Derrick's season, there was someone screaming with a bullhorn into the Big Brother house backyard. Derrick started panicking and grabbed everyone out of the backyard and had them run into the house.

He was so scared he was going to be outed as a puppet-master, that he did everything he could to protect himself from any outside influence.

It's just bizarre to me that all over social media, people are saying they hope Derrick goes into the house and exposes Paul for manipulating everyone. I don't think I have ever watched a season where fans wanted a houseguest to have their game ruined by an outside force, until this season.

So again...it's interesting how with Big Brother, white men are celebrated for being masterminds and controlling everybody in the house, but yet an ethnic man does not have that same right and must have his game derailed - even from outside forces (thus compromising the entire spirit of the game).

EDIT: Found the video of Derrick ordering everyone out of the backyard during the bullhorn incident (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J60D82AtrAI).

eh, I don't so. nobody even views Paul as ethnic and all of the other so called white puppeteers have more than their fair share of haters. I personally can't stand Derrick, Dan, Dick, Dr Will, Boogie etc. and one of the most popular BB "mastermind players" even tho he played the game pretty terribly was Kaysar. It may just seem like Paul is getting more hate now, because his previous season was just last year and a lot of people hated him then as well.

Yeah, check out last season's thread. I hated Paul before it was popular to do so lol, it has nothing to do with him being a so-called "mastermind" or the way he looks, and everything to do with how much of an obnoxious, annoying, attention whore fake he is.

Jims

Now that Jessica and Cody are gone, every episode they're going to have a random houseguest nostalgically reminiscence about them. It's the newest Big Brother twist.

Farsi

MAJOR SPOILERS FROM THE NEW TEMPTATION TWIST

It appears that during the Friday episode they had some sort of temptation twist, the twists feature
+Can't play in HoH next week
+Second Veto
+Save a friend
+Bounty On Your Head(Cash Prize)
+Eliminate 2 eviction votes
????????

KdHYQUL.png

BwwQayW.png

Meanwhile in Paul HQ
hbd4Pj7.png

Production had to spice up the game some how. Gotta keep those ratings.

JettDash

Christmas is the HoH as someone reported before. Jason and Matt are currently the noms. Seems like they are trying to backdoor Mark.

This season has become a total drag. Quickly becoming one of my least favorite. I wish Jess/Cody/Mark/Elena could've done some damage.

Paul was my fave. last season. I'm growing tired of even him this season.

This sucks.

Jasper

Surprise...surprise, Josh (Paul's biggest minion) revealed that Derrick had pulled him aside and instructed him to "play his own game", and to "stop being a follower".

I knew jealous & insecure Derrick would try and mess up Paul's game. He's still bitter as fuck Paul turned on Paulie (Derrick's precious protege) last season. Even after Derrick's visit to the house this week, he's gone right back to trashing Paul on twitter.

JettDash

Surprise...surprise, Josh (Paul's biggest minion) revealed that Derrick had pulled him aside and instructed him to "play his own game", and to "stop being a follower".

I knew jealous Derrick would try and mess up Paul's game. He's still bitter as fuck Paul turned on Paulie (Derrick's precious protege) last season.

Paulie was a fucking idiot.

The only reason that Derrick likes him is that his brother gave him $500k.

Jasper

Paulie was a fucking idiot.

Yes, but remember all season long Paulie was bragging about how he was "bred to win" Big Brother because Derrick had been coaching him. So obviously Paulie flopping so bad at Big Brother can be seen as a reflection on Derrick.

Paul was the one to convince Victor to turn on Paulie and nominate him (and thus Paulie was evicted that week). Also remember Paul's "blindsided" dance and song he made about Paulie in the diary room?

blindside_friendship.gif

Like I said before, Derrick, Paulie, Cody, and Cody/Paulie's dad...have been trashing Paul all the way since last year. They are all still very angry and bitter about the way Paul turned on Paulie.

TheYanger

Yes, but remember all season long Paulie was bragging about how he was "bred to win" Big Brother because Derrick had been coaching him. So obviously Paulie flopping so bad at Big Brother can be seen as a reflection on Derrick.

Paul was the one to convince Victor to turn on Paulie and nominate him (and thus Paulie was evicted that week). Also remember Paul's "blindsided" dance and song he made about Paulie in the diary room?

blindside_friendship.gif

Like I said before, Derrick, Paulie, Cody, and Cody/Paulie's dad...have been trashing Paul all the way since last year. They are all still very angry and bitter about the way Paul turned on Paulie.

They should've bred him not to be a piece of garbage to other human beings. That might've helped him win.

JettDash

Yes, but remember all season long Paulie was bragging about how he was "bred to win" Big Brother because Derrick had been coaching him.

blindside_friendship.gif

Victor was the one to evict Paulie? Crazy. I guess my memory isn't so good.

They should've bred him not to be a piece of garbage to other human beings. That might've helped him win.

Yeah, as much disdain as I have for the yahoos this season, Paulie is on a whole other level. I'd rather have a threesome with Jessica and Cody than hang out with Paulie for 5 minutes. :p

Cody: "stop making victim noises!"
Jessica: "Do YOU have a hymen?"

Jasper

Natalie also said from the very beginning of her season of Big Brother that she would NEVER vote for a man to win if there was a woman in the final 2.

Apparently she felt it was imperative that a woman MUST win her season, and therefore she voted for Nicole (even though Nicole massively disliked Natalie).

But it's not just Natalie who's trashing Paul, I would say the vast majority of former houseguests are trashing Paul on social media. I stick by my belief it's because they are jealous that this season is "The Paul Show", and they wish they were in Paul's shoes. After all, we are talking about a prime-time CBS show with millions of viewers every episode (all of which are majorly centered around Paul), and most former houseguests wish they had that kind of attention (especially considering most are desperately clinging onto their 15 minutes of fame and searching for ways to get back in the public eye).

MisterHero

There is a certain point to where Paul's game can be respected. He exercises great control over his alliance and has done it beyond the time his temptation's protection has given him.

But attempting to incite violence and cutting players off from all contact with other players for just for trying to play/campaign is beyond sportsmanlike.

Sure there may be former players going "Technically he's within the rules. Why didn't I think of that?" but on the other hand anyone who does what Paul does just comes off as juvenile. It's $500,000. Grow up; there are better things in life.

If Paul does shit to piss off jury members and they realize it, it's his own damn fault. Unfortunately no one except Kevin is capable of respecting their fellow players/jurors, and it will cost Kevin.

Koomaster

Shunning other players for talking to players outside of the alliance is fair game. Why do they need to talk to them? Creates paranoia within the alliance, causes possible fractures and trust issues because no one knows if something is being planned behind their backs.

Any outside talk can lead to deviation from the week's plans. Why allow that?

MisterHero

Shunning other players for talking to players outside of the alliance is fair game. Why do they need to talk to them? Creates paranoia within the alliance, causes possible fractures and trust issues because no one knows if something is being planned behind their backs.

Any outside talk can lead to deviation from the week's plans. Why allow that?
1. You can't criticize an outside player for having a poor social game if the house has a stranglehold on everything they can do. You can't say they aren't playing the game when no one is, except for the one idiot controlling the alliance. The outsiders are forced to play and the others just sit behind Paul's decisions. Yeah, it's a valid strategy for them to stay safe, but does anyone seriously think a player like Matt or Raven is actually strategizing?

2. Paul's group goes after their defeated after they've conceded defeat. It's poor jury management. Unfortunately the jury has to vote for a scumbag if both Final 2 are scumbags, and it seems our remaining houseguests are all in that territory.

Farsi

Natalie is against Paul too apparently.

Saw a tweet where she wanted to be in the house to get him out this season.

When Natalie is not out there scamming her fans for cash she likes to pretend she was a decent big brother player.

I'll take "She Ain't Shit" for 200 Jerry.

Ganhyun

When Natalie is not out there scamming her fans for cash she likes to pretend she was a decent big brother player.

I'll take "She Ain't Shit" for 200 Jerry.

I dont know what happened between her and James but she straight up loathes him now apparently.

On the current house status:

lol @ christmas thinking this is her move and not paul's

Top Bottom