• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oxenfree, Stardew, & Axiom Verge - Which Switch games are you buying this week?

Narrative driven exploration-horror game taking place on a small island with a focus on naturalistic conversations between characters. Light puzzle solving elements, great atmosphere, fantastic soundtrack by scntfc. Easily my favorite game of last year. It was like a really excellent YA novel, really captured the feel of being a teenager about to move into the into the next phase of life.

Ah, good thing I know that. Will have to give it a miss. I'm stupidly easily startled (even Bioshock scared me back in the day).

I got Oxenfree in a humble bundle for $4 about a year ago, got Axiom Verge for ~$13 on PS4 early last year. I've been waiting for Stardew Valley on Switch, so I'm excited to pick that up when it releases.

I bought Golf Story on Saturday, but I bet I'll be close to done by the end of the week. It's been a lot of fun.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Trrrrriple DIP DIP DIP for stardew. That dev can have my money anytime. Fuck chucklefish tho.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Yeah this is a tough one. I think I'm going to go with Axiom Verge because of the mood I'm in. Can't go wrong with any of them I think.

Edit: Uh.. Volgarr looks amazing.

Axiom verge. The OST seems awesome! Oxenfree is free on XBL Gold ( Europe ). Other games look great too, but hell I'm playing 4 games at the same time atm already..crazy.

AEREC

SDV and Volgar for sure.

Oxenfree if it runs well with no compromises. I have it on PS4 and PC and never played it, but just want it portable (and not on the iphone).

Axiom Verge Im going to wait on.

Definitely getting Stardew. Been wanting this game for a while, and I can’t think of a better system to play it on than Switch.

Makonero

I already played all three, but I'll be getting Stardew for the portability. Looking forward to my replay with some of the knowledge I have now!

Renna Hazel

Probably wont buy any of them this week but maybe in the near future. I'll wait for credible impression on Stardew since I have some interest in that one. I also have no idea what Oxenfree is, so I'll check it out and if it looks interesting I'll buy that.

Mr. Hyde

Stardew valley. It was one of the main reasons I bought a Switch this year. The game is for both my wife and myself. Good game to relax to while having a baby around. I own it on PC and PS4 but I just never wanted to commit until I can play on a handheld.

Tarrin

Stardew Valley.

Been waiting for this; it's why I didn't purchase the PS4 version.

Will also get Oxenfree, because I love the game. Own it on every platform it's been released on (well I will as soon as I download it on the Switch).

Autofokus

Maybe Stardew.
I bought the game in a sale ~2 months ago for the PS4, but after playing more than ~2h (in one session) it somehow messes up the system software and the PS4 can’t properly shutdown/enter rest mode anymore.

I want to play the game, but I'm not sure I should reward the developer for their PS4 efforts. 😑

aett

Definitely Stardew. I'd like to get Axiom Verge at some point, just not right away, because I already have it for Vita but I didn't like the way it looked or played on that handheld. I bet it looks amazing on Switch.

limlark

I am excited to play Stardew Valley for the first time!

I had Oxenfree wishlisted on Steam for a while, but then I guess I decided I didn't care.

I don't know what Axiom Verge is.

Stardew, Axiom, Love in a Dangerous Space Time, and maybe Oxenfree.

I'll probably wait on Oxenfree. I'm still going to pick up Gungeon when it drops, and Fire Emblem / Mario later this month. I don't have time for everything.

Cerium

I am excited to play Stardew Valley for the first time!

I had Oxenfree wishlisted on Steam for a while, but then I guess I decided I didn't care.

I don't know what Axiom Verge is.
Axiom Verge is considered one of the best Metroidvanias ever made, done by an ex-Nintendo employee.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Already own them on other platforms. No chance of double dipping with the onslaught of games coming.

Great games though!

trikster40

I've played through axiom verge and oxenfree on the PS4, but stardew seems like a good fit for my switch. Enjoying golf story ATM.

Thoraxes

I'll probably pick up Stardew this week, but I'm waiting for the physical version of Axiom Verge which isn't far off.

jariw

Seems like Earth Atlantis seems to indeed arrive on October 05 as well. I'm actually more hyped for that game than for most other games arriving this week.

Ventara

Definitely getting Stardew Valley! I'm very excited for it! I already have Oxenfree on Steam, otherwise I would've gotten it, too.

Dremorak

Banned
Stardew to just finally have it until I finish steamworld and then I'm going all in on stardew, with splatoon 2 ranked mode being my go to other game.

Then when mario comes out that'll take splatoon's spot and probably the same thing with Xenoblade.

Ramsiege

For those who have played both, Stardew Valley or Golf Story? Only got money for one to hold me over until Mario Odyssey.

I didn't get very far with Axiom Verge on my Wii U (meant to go back to it all year and just haven't set the time aside) and while it may be more convenient to play on the Switch, I can't justify the double-dip. I chose the Wii U as my platform for it partly for the dual-screen features, too, although they didn't turn out to be as consequential as the second screen in Guacamelee! or Samus Returns.

I know deep down that I'll double-dip on Stardew Valley sooner or later, but all the hype around it has actually done more to entice me to sink into my farm on PC all over again. And I really shouldn't; this game is all-devouring. But I will.

For those who have played both, Stardew Valley or Golf Story? Only got money for one to hold me over until Mario Odyssey.

If you've never played Stardew, that's the one. Golf Story is good fun, but there's no comparison when it comes to depth and value.

I actually haven't bought a Switch game since Splatoon 2 in July. (I also bought Blaster Master Zero around the same time.)

Been spending way too much money on games hardware this year, so I'm trying to curb software spending in the second half. Got a few things on my list after Odyssey hits, though. (Including the physical version of Axiom Verge!) There're also a few Wii U games I want to go back and clear from my backlog. (Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Yoshi's Woolly World.)

I'm also enforcing a "don't buy anything that's $20 or more on eShop until you've given it six months after all DLC to possibly receive a physical version" rule that's kept me from buying a few things over the last few months. Still waiting on Shovel Knight, Fast RMX, and Sonic Mania. Stardew Valley is technically launching at sub-$20 but it got physical versions on other consoles so I'm debating whether I want to wait six months for it, too. (After the major patches?)

Cerium

You're gonna have to narrow it down.

Stardew Valley is the kind of game that can take over your life and end with you playing it for literally hundreds of hours. It's open ended and addictive.

Golf Story is a wonderful RPG that will take you for a 20 hour ride.

In for Stardew Valley, got Oxenfree on GWG so will play there if I want to play it, unsure about Axiom Verge, want it but don't want to pay the physical tax so might wait

Azriell

I've been interested in Oxenfree for awhile, but I haven't picked it up yet because I wasn't sure if I'd like it. I've finished Stardew and Axiom Verge, so if I finish Mario/Rabbids and Golf Story before Mario Odyssey, I'll probably get Oxenfree.

Top Bottom