• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

This isn't mentioned in the OP but is a command list going to be patched in at some point?

I believe it's on the list?

Anyway, people better start stocking that alcohol and snack food, because the tenth and eleventh of this month are the two true dates for radical launch parties (and streams, hopefully!)

FairlySadPanda (XBL)|United Kingdom, Europe|GMT/BST

alstein

I've read the OP and I still don't know why GAF has been hyping this game for months. What are this dev's previous releases ?

It's their first release. The reason for the hype is a combination of artwork, music, gameplay demos where competitive players have loved the game, and a bunch of fan-friendly options.

Also, there's a dissatisfaction with Capcom these days that is fueling this. KOF ate into that some- but it's still there.

I don't think this game will end up being for everyone, and it might not even be for me, but I think it will be good.

danmaku

I've read the OP and I still don't know why GAF has been hyping this game for months. What are this dev's previous releases ?

It's their first game. It's getting a lot of hype because it starts from a solid base (Capcom/Arcsys fighters) and adds a lot of neat little touches that look simple but no one did before, like their anti-infinite and anti-unblockable engine, or were never seen toghether in a single game (in-depth tutorial, hitbox viewer, 1/2/3 characters team, custom assists, tournament mode...).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I hope too many people aren't turned off by the lack of a move list. I mean I personally don't care, but if a lot of newer people are attracted by the often praised training system, they might be a little bummed.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I hope too many people aren't turned off by the lack of a move list. I mean I personally don't care, but if a lot of newer people are attracted by the often praised training system, they might be a little bummed.
That's still hilarious to me. Talk up your thorough training/tutorial/strategy features; forget to implement and cover the most basic of instructions. How does that even happen?

V_Arnold

That's still hilarious to me. Talk up your thorough training/tutorial/strategy features; forget to implement and cover the most basic of instructions. How does that even happen?

I assume it happens exactly like that: you are focusing so much on the more advanced options that you are not even questioning things like movelists that, I assume, never cross one's mind when they are the ones creating the characters....

I doubt it was forgotten. It was probably just a really low priority thing to put in the game, and they never had the time to get it in. I think either Ravi or Mike mentioned that it would have taken about two weeks to implement. I'm glad I don't have to wait an extra two weeks to get to the game.

udivision

I doubt it was forgotten. It was probably just a really low priority thing to put in the game, and they never had the time to get it in. I think either Ravi or Mike mentioned that it would have taken about two weeks to implement. I'm glad I don't have to wait an extra two weeks to get to the game.

it was probably just an oversight. There's no need to hound them about it, especially sine they're going to fix it or have made accommodations. It's not a major feature either. Likewise, there's no need for silly (sounding) excuses, even if straight from the horse's mouth.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This is sooooo bought.

There's no movelist? I mean, it's not going to stop me from buying it, but it's a pretty silly oversight and really inconvenient.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Lol

I would have gladly waited two weeks for an in game movelist. and respected them for delaying to put out a better product

but then again I was never one of the people highly anticipating this game. Was gonna wait for impressions regardless

Tobe

considering the amount of people playing this game day 1, i dont see why this game would not have all the move list discovered by at least day 2. i know its still a mistake but i dont think this game will have weird motions so just try dp, qcf, qcb, hcf, hcb, charge moves, etc etc etc.

Let's hope you're right but that animation is bad:

Forced transition between frames, no shadow...
One example a M.U.G.E.N. HD character:
K564w.gif

Have you even played Skullgirls yet? I'm going to say: NO.

Yeah... that's a major DERP on Reverge Labs part. Haha

Azure J

Oh I almost forgot:

XBL: AzureJericho|Northeast US (Brooklyn, NY)|EST

Releasing April the 11th needs added to OP.
Get hype everybody. This studio is incredible.
-art pipeline/work ethic stuff-

Ravi, I think I'm going to have to shoot you a PM in the future about this. I'm interested in the game design side of things more, but I'd still love to talk a bit about this side of things. :p

Beats

considering the amount of people playing this game day 1, i dont see why this game would not have all the move list discovered by at least day 2. i know its still a mistake but i dont think this game will have weird motions so just try dp, qcf, qcb, hcf, hcb, charge moves, etc etc etc.

The SRK wiki in the OP has a complete move list for each character already. Well I'm not sure if it's totally complete, but it definitely looks like it.

Jarlaxle

Really nice OP.

After not really knowing too much about this, I'm pretty excited and will definitely be picking it up. I just hope there are some other people of my admittedly low level out there to play with. I don't mind losing online (only way to get better) but it sucks when you can't even get a hit in 20 games in a row.

I think I'm going to try Valentine first.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Jarlaxle (EST/ Highland, NY)

LakeEarth

Will buy just to support. Maybe I'll like it.

Anyone else actually starting to cringe when they see "GGPO" in the list of features? Yeah good connections feel great, but with crappy connections it's the worst. It's more up to the matchmaking than anything.

Anyone else actually starting to cringe when they see "GGPO" in the list of features? Yeah good connections feel great, but with crappy connections it's the worst. It's more up to the matchmaking than anything.

You can set the input delay yourself and there is a proper indicator of ping instead of that silly shit we got in SF3OE

You can set the input delay yourself and there is a proper indicator of ping instead of that silly shit we got in SF3OE

I've been waiting to see the ping in a console fighting game for a while.

For those who don't know, playing someone on GGPO with a ping of under 100 ms is great. Lag is unnoticeable. Up around 250 you will see some rollback, but it is playable.

zlatko

Banned
Bought. Peacock all day 'ereday.

No movelist? LOL.

They can just put one up on their site for now under each character can't they?

Nyoro SF

They can. Or they have some sort of in-game secret that lets you view the movelist, but not in ways you would expect...?

Ravid said earlier in the thread that they're going to be putting up a pdf of the Skullgirls movelist on the site (Skullgirls.com) before its release.

Edit : And yeah, the Shoryuken wiki for Skullgirls is jam packed with relevant info that goes beyond the movelists, really worth checking out if you want to get a more indepth look at your respective characters.

Tizoc

ibbowCTABMEU7c.gif

Holdin' it down in this OT, y'all

*sniff* Can I have bro-hug?

Here's a movelist for you guys:

http://i.minus.com/iRF0i8CGlkcV8.png

Don't let the lack of one prevent you from enjoying the game!

Also, the SRK Wiki has extensive information on each character's moves, normals and all:
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls

Ha, I've waited for this game long enough for something simple as lack of a movelist to stop me from enjoying.
Besides it'll get patched in eventually~

Also, anyone who questions the animations of this game will be in for a fucking surprise when they see this game in motion on their HDTV.

PSN ID: SousedLouse|South US|EDT

I'm looking forward to playing the game soon, both locally with my friends and (hopefully) with some GAF members online.

alstein

I've been waiting to see the ping in a console fighting game for a while.

For those who don't know, playing someone on GGPO with a ping of under 100 ms is great. Lag is unnoticeable. Up around 250 you will see some rollback, but it is playable.

HDR showed ping and had some input delay setting options. Sirlin fought hard for that.

Also, looking at that movelist- gotta give Mike Z credit for having sane specials and no stupid Chicken Wing crap.

Ravidrath

In-game command list is, like... the first thing we will be patching. We always intended to put it in there, but we ran out of time, and there were other things that took priority.

In the meantime, we will be releasing some very nice printable PDFs on our site. They're designed by our amazing UI / graphic design guy, have a lot of extra info about secondary effects of moves that we wouldn't be able to fit in the in-game one, and will be localized as well.

This is kinda where I'm at. I love what they are doing, and it's just $15, but really the actual gameplay and engine looks more MvC2 than anything else, and that's pretty far down my list of favorite games. Love the animation as well, but not a fan of the actual character design aside from maybe Cerebella.

SUPARSTARX

HDR showed ping and had some input delay setting options. Sirlin fought hard for that.

Also, looking at that movelist- gotta give Mike Z credit for having sane specials and no stupid Chicken Wing crap.

Why the hate for chicken wings? They're delicious.

It's an awesome move to go over lows.

Top Bottom