• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Isaac

Richard Madden

Though, I prefer Jon Snow played by Kit Harrington (plus he will be in Silent Hill: Revelations playing Vincent...which is currently in limbo thanks to Lionsgate.)
http://i.imgur.com/ZwkAg.jpg
Mmmmhm.

tumblr_lmwhzdAuMJ1qbmv14o1_500.gif

CHEEZMO™;36631419 said:
Yeah, wtf is (not) going on in here?

I guess all of GayGAF has solved its relationship problems.

Eh its time for a new OT. I started to write one but then realized that it was really fucking boring OT and nobody would want to post in a thread with such a lame one.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm saving myself for marriage.

In all seriousness I'm just taking things slowly.

Interesting.

I do have a question for some, my friend and I where discussing whether it is ok to just go all the way on the first date if you like the guy and want to see if it might lead to a relationship. I know for some girls they dont give it away till the 1st and 2nd date, but does it matter for guys?

Kyon

Banned
Interesting.

I do have a question for some, my friend and I where discussing whether it is ok to just go all the way on the first date if you like the guy and want to see if it might lead to a relationship. I know for some girls they dont give it away till the 1st and 2nd date, but does it matter for guys?

i have always had sex after the first date, personally i dont think sex is everything in a relationship but its not NOT important either. If we have no chemistry in bed how the fuck is it gonna work lmfao

DR2K

Banned

You know I initially thought that was the case, but sex on the first date kills any chance of a relationship from my experience.

Are you in a relationship?

Nah, not yet.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Fairly confident that it'd take, like, at least a month before anybody would get in my pants.

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg or something.

Alcoori

If I really like the guy and actually want to see where it leads I usually do not sleep with that guy on the first date no matter how much I want it.

I think it's good because it allows me to think back on the date without being tipsy the next day (since usually first date involves drinks for me) and then I can make my decision as to whether or not I really like him.

I wouldn't wait too long either because sexual chemistry is very important in a relationship IMO. Not everything but damn important.

Lucario

A month is pretty excessive even for straight people.

Wait, what? Why should courting be different for straights? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Personally - if I sleep with someone on the first date, I am probably not interested in seeing them again, unless it's for more sex. A week, less if there's multiple dates in the period maybe, is enough waiting though >_> It's like if I haven't already built up an intellectual connection with a guy before I sleep with them, my brain puts them in a "fucktoy" pile.

ryan13ts

I never sleep with a guy on a first date. Maybe the 2nd if I REALLY like him, but it's usually after the 3rd date when I typically get it on... Call me old fashion but I like to get to know a guy before I hop into bed with him (Well, As old fashion as you can get being a homosexual, lol).

BeesEight

Why the wait?

I mean, girls generally wait longer because they don't want to give up the goods on the first night in case things are just going to be a one night stand (presumably). Also, pregnancies.

Or it's mostly out of a sense of old-style propriety or something. Not that I can really say anything since I've never done anything on the first date either, I'm just curious why people hold to this belief.

I thinking sleeping on a 1st date is generally a bad idea, gay or straight. I've done it both ways and I'd recommend not if you want it go anywhere meaningful.

ajim

Serious question:

When meeting up with a guy for a date (either meeting from online the first time, or meeting up after an initial meeting at a bar etc), how do you greet a guy? Typically when greeting a woman I would give you a welcome 'kiss' on a cheek and say something along the lines of 'Good to see you again!".

Do you do the same with meeting a guy? Or shake his hand?

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Serious question:

When meeting up with a guy for a date (either meeting from online the first time, or meeting up after an initial meeting at a bar etc), how do you greet a guy? Typically when greeting a woman I would give you a welcome 'kiss' on a cheek and say something along the lines of 'Good to see you again!".

according to the last couple of posts you just fuck him right then are there

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Serious question:

Awkward, limp handshake. Make eye contact as little as possible. Mumble.

Shake his hand? It's not a job interview, and this isn't the 1920's.

I usually hug people hello but if it was a first time meeting then a simple 'Hey, how's it going' with a smile on your face should suffice.

CHEEZMO™;36640831 said:
Awkward, limp handshake. Make eye contact as little as possible. Mumble.

Hahaha, I actually had once this happen to me. It was a friend's bf, so it wasn't all bad but I didn't think people actually did that outside of TV/films.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Why the wait?

I mean, girls generally wait longer because they don't want to give up the goods on the first night in case things are just going to be a one night stand (presumably). Also, pregnancies.

Or it's mostly out of a sense of old-style propriety or something. Not that I can really say anything since I've never done anything on the first date either, I'm just curious why people hold to this belief.
More or less the second part. I'm old fashioned and still believe sexuality and givin' it up holds some importance, and deserves to be treated with respect. Plus I have the usual trust and self-confidence issues, so I need to be able to feel immensely close and comfortable to someone before sex (or even kissing) becomes an option. That takes a lot of time.

The idea of making out or jumping into bed with a guy that I've just met (i.e. a few dates) is just... blargh. Yes, I'm a mess.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Serious question:

I hug him

and then fuck him right then and there

BeesEight

Serious question:

Well, if I were meeting a girl for the first time, I don't think I'd kiss her on the cheek either. A simple "Hello" generally works and then proceeding on with the date is more my method.

Then again, I'm not a huge touchy person.

More or less the second part. I'm old fashioned and still believe sexuality and givin' it up holds some importance, and deserves to be treated with respect. Plus I have the usual trust and self-confidence issues, so I need to be able to feel immensely close and comfortable to someone before sex (or even kissing) becomes an option. That takes a lot of time.

The idea of making out or jumping into bed with a guy that I've just met (i.e. a few dates) is just... blargh. Yes, I'm a mess.

To be fair, I doubt I'd ever hop in the sack on a first date either. But I don't think I'd preclude the possibilities if the stars aligned and everything just seemed to click. It seems strange to have some set period of dates before sexual contact seems appropriate. I had a friend in uni who was dating a girl for over a month before they started even holding hands. Life is sometimes too damn short, you know?

Bailey 87

Interesting.

I have no problem going all the way on the first date, especially if you're talking to them (on the internet or on the phone) the conversation turns dirty/slutty and you both clearly want to have sex with each other.

Saying that when I was single I did have the three date rule, that I did "try" to stick to.

Serious question:

Always a hug. I hug everyone I meet. If I had to do a handshake, I would have to do it fresh prince style because I generally dislike handshakes.

Alrus

Serious question:

"Kiss" on the cheek, but that's the norm here when meeting anyone in a not formal context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom