• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trillion: God of Destruction |OT| Vita means Death

BTA

Just started the game and following this guide. Hoping I can get the platinum trophy before the end of the month without skipping the story.

I still haven't gotten around to it and was debating using something like this. But I feel like removing the challenge of at least the first play through might not be a great idea, since I'm mainly interested in trying it to see how it tries to get you to feel emotional about losing the overlords through mechanics, and effectively pushing things into easy mode feels like it'll mess with that?

Then again, it's not something I'm expecting to be an amazing thing to play, so I'll turn to a guide eventually no matter what.

B.K.

I hope they touch up the translation a bit. It was pretty rough on Vita. Especially skill descriptions.

Remk

I've been enjoying the game to bits but just recently hit a wall.

I got to the
final form of Trillion
that is if the game doesn't decide to troll me.
But anyway, I take on the fight with
Ruche
and got my ass handed to me, like less than a billion damage embarrassing performance.

No big deal since I went back to a previous save and buffed up speed and tried to avoid any hits, but that just got me to barely 25 billion down.
The battle flow felt like
the area of its attacks were so large that I was barely close enough to get a hit and still had to be on the run the whole time to not be wiped out

So... am I missing something?
the previous Trillion forms had some recognizable patterns that made it easier to plan an offensive and the attacks didn't seem as overwhelming.
It feels that if I continue playing I will just be wiped out with my last overlord

Any tips? I don't want to go to a faq but instead get some pointers and finish the battle since that Trillion bastard has caused me enough sorrow already :/

Sacrifice an overlord then seal a part of the body. Do it again if you need to.
It's really hard to avoid that form's attacks hotel you seal up some pieces.

Remk

Awww man say it isn't so Mr. Crocodile :(

All that training down the drain, almost want to just quit at this point *sigh*
Oh well, what's the best part to seal first?

Torso, no question. It removes the huge surrounding AoE attack and the miasma. Also weapon seals that boost your normal attack range and events that teach Multi Attack are your best friends. That form nulls any skill you hit it with more than once, so don't bother investing in skills unless you plan on using the long range Armor Strike strategy (sniping it with ranged skills to break its body parts).

Not sure how much you know about the game, but if you're worried about the number of overlords you have left, don't be. Not yet anyway.

Remk

^^^
Well, I'm just playing it normally and only watchaed a couple videos before release.

Am I getting some reinforcements? Can i send Faust into the fight or something??? :D

Actually dont tell me, I'll just keep ahead, seal the torso and turn Felgor into the ultimate killing machine

Remk

The following post could be considered a spoiler, so don't read it if you haven't reach the end of the game

And so after the past defeat I set out on making the ultimate killing machine by focusing on physical attacks and speed, also used all possible gifts and all available money for weapon upgrades and unlock seals slots to then use the best ones I had available, and this was the end result:

cXUcONu.jpg

Seemed good enough and I went to battle, the first time I got over 120 billion down but got careless and was defeated. So I chose to take a more conservative approach for the second (and third) time and managed to get a few more billions down and not take any damage except Trillion reached the end line.

This was pretty frustrating, since it could mean all that training was still not good enough and I was bound for defeat again. So I chose to just go with as much of a full frontal attack as I could and that turned out to be how the battle took a turn, I was even able to stand right in front of Trillion and deal blows of 13-14 billion!

Still the range of his attacks was a problem and often had to attack from the sides which wasn't nearly as effective and only gave me around 5 billion.

And just as he was sitting by the end line and I was on a red square ready to be wiped out by his next movement (since I got an unfortunate hit but was revived by lifeline) the choice was to go for an uncertain final 5.5 billion hit or move to a safe square and have him cross the line. And well...

BLasU78.jpg

I DID IT! I DID IT! I yelled out as soon as that final strike hit and I heard that squeal from Trillion, I can almost pinpoint the exact moment when I got that dopamine shower on my brain.
It was a great feeling to finally overcome an enemy that seemed impossible to defeat at times :)
Now I think I need a drink to both celebrate and ponder if I want to embark on a NG+

Remk

The forums has spoiler tags for a reason you know.

Right, except there are no actual story spoilers I just put it there as a courtesy if someone new to the game didn't want to know how some of the gameplay elements may look like at the endgame.

Unless you think I should spoiler tag something? I am open to go back and do it :)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Right, except there are no actual story spoilers I just put it there as a courtesy if someone new to the game didn't want to know how some of the gameplay elements may look like at the endgame.

Unless you think I should spoiler tag something? I am open to go back and do it :)

Its a simple common courtesy as just telling folks to skip your post is not an option. If you think that something is considered a spoiler just use the tags. That is the reason why the feature exists on the forums in the first place.

Can't see any spoilers in that post. Congrats on the win, and double congrats on ensuring Fegor survived. Never want to see her death scene(s) again as long as I live.

This is an actual spoiler (for the remaining overlords you had left):
If Fegor had died then you still had Elma, Cerberus, and then either reviving one of the original six overlords, or Faust followed possibly by Zeabolos

Incidentally, it would've been fine if you'd taken that last hit, since you could've just killed it with Final Strike instead. Doing that also gets you an extra scene.

Remk

Its a simple common courtesy as just telling folks to skip your post is not an option. If you think that something is considered a spoiler just use the tags. That is the reason why the feature exists on the forums in the first place.

Fine, I don't think it should require a spoiler tag based on its content and the conversation on this thread overall.

Would you be ok on me going back and delete that phrase from my other post?

Remk

Can't see any spoilers in that post. Congrats on the win, and double congrats on ensuring Fegor survived. Never want to see her death scene(s) again as long as I live.

This is an actual spoiler (for the remaining overlords you had left):
If Fegor had died then you still had Elma, Cerberus, and then either reviving one of the original six overlords, or Faust followed possibly by Zeabolos

Incidentally, it would've been fine if you'd taken that last hit, since you could've just killed it with Final Strike instead. Doing that also gets you an extra scene.

Why thank you sir, couldn't have done it without your torso suggestion since the lack of miasma is a game changer; also I wanted to avoid more overlord deaths since some of them were indeed painful, I'm still sorry Levia...

Also I think you are already spoiling
the fact that there are more overlords since the game doesnt reference it at all?
until the end game credits sure
make it clear by showing their fighting and losing images
But wouldn't that make the game
too easy? since you get 4 more chances to finish the fight?

A great experience overall, I think I wanna go back for another playthrough...

Why thank you sir, couldn't have done it without your torso suggestion since the lack of miasma is a game changer; also I wanted to avoid more overlord deaths since some of them were indeed painful, I'm still sorry Levia...

Also I think you are already spoiling
the fact that there are more overlords since the game doesnt reference it at all?
until the end game credits sure
make it clear by showing their fighting and losing images
But wouldn't that make the game
too easy? since you get 4 more chances to finish the fight?

A great experience overall, I think I wanna go back for another playthrough...
I finished my first playthrough with Ruche, but if I'd played a little smarter Ashmedia probably wouldn't have needed to die. Still feel guilty about that.

Anyone reading the thread won't figure much out from that. Don't worry about it too much, otherwise you'll end up with silly things like 'the game ends when you beat Trillion' being technically classed as a spoiler. Also if you don't catch on to the game mechanics quickly, build your characters badly and/or don't seal up certain parts then it's definitely possible to run out of overlords.
You're not guaranteed to get to use Zeabolos, or even some of the others depending on how you've been playing.

I enjoyed the game so much that I did 11 playthroughs back-to-back to see all the endings. It gets easier on NG+(s) since you get to carry stuff (most notably some of your EXP) over.

Torso, no question. It removes the huge surrounding AoE attack and the miasma. Also weapon seals that boost your normal attack range and events that teach Multi Attack are your best friends. That form nulls any skill you hit it with more than once, so don't bother investing in skills unless you plan on using the long range Armor Strike strategy (sniping it with ranged skills to break its body parts).

This post helped me so much. Just fought third form with Levia and got absolutely destroyed, didn't land a hit. I figured I needed to seal a body part but I couldn't really figure which one, so I'll go for torso.

Looks like I'm going to kill him within the 7 Overlords at this rate though, which is nice. But from the spoilers in this thread (I didn't mind looking), sounds like I'm missing some interesting stuff by doing that :eek:

This post helped me so much. Just fought third form with Levia and got absolutely destroyed, didn't land a hit. I figured I needed to seal a body part but I couldn't really figure which one, so I'll go for torso.

Looks like I'm going to kill him within the 7 Overlords at this rate though, which is nice. But from the spoilers in this thread (I didn't mind looking), sounds like I'm missing some interesting stuff by doing that :eek:
It's worth going back and playing the game on NG+. And then you'll have a better idea of proper time management of training as well!

It's worth going back and playing the game on NG+. And then you'll have a better idea of proper time management of training as well!

Oh, I plan to. I'm going to go for all the endings eventually.

I was just getting a little frustrated with the game, so I looked for hints and found which skills are best (i.e. active skills with movement and final sprint, which is ridiculously overpowered) and it's made the game easier to the extent which I feel I'm going to kill Trillion in the next 2-3 overlords.

Does each character have an ending? Including
the bonus ones I saw in the spoiler post
? So I'm going to have to sacrifice some overlords on future playthroughs to get all the endings?

Also, since someone's actually here replying to this thread - after torso, which is the second best body part to seal on his final form?

Oh, I plan to. I'm going to go for all the endings eventually.

I was just getting a little frustrated with the game, so I looked for hints and found which skills are best (i.e. active skills with movement and final sprint, which is ridiculously overpowered) and it's made the game easier to the extent which I feel I'm going to kill Trillion in the next 2-3 overlords.

Does each character have an ending? Including
the bonus ones I saw in the spoiler post
? So I'm going to have to sacrifice some overlords on future playthroughs to get all the endings?

Also, since someone's actually here replying to this thread - after torso, which is the second best body part to seal on his final form?
Yeah, every character has an ending so sacrifices will have to be made.

I always liked sealing her weapons on the final form. The knife one I think but it varied depending on whatever attack I thought was the most annoying.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I got this on Steam.

Question: I assume that there is a "true ending" that you either get by sacrificing everyone, or by beating trillion with the first candidate.

In the event that it is the former - is there a point of no return? IE: Can you fuck yourself over by getting Trillion's HP too low before a certain point (like say, once he gets to 100 billion HP, he will destroy hell on the next failure). What game over conditions do you have to watch out for, and what are the best ways to prevent them, without screwing yourself out of the true ending?

I got this on Steam.

Question: I assume that there is a "true ending" that you either get by sacrificing everyone, or by beating trillion with the first candidate.

In the event that it is the former - is there a point of no return? IE: Can you fuck yourself over by getting Trillion's HP too low before a certain point (like say, once he gets to 100 billion HP, he will destroy hell on the next failure). What game over conditions do you have to watch out for, and what are the best ways to prevent them, without screwing yourself out of the true ending?

These are the true ending requirements. Tried to make them spoiler free, but they're still a bit spoilery:

- Get 100% affection with every character
- Get either 1 billion or 1.5 billion total affection points across all characters. I got 1.5 billion+ just to be safe. There should be a trophy/achievement for getting 1 billion, so you can use that as a marker.
- Win the pre-Trillion fight against the sub-boss in chp
- Some people say you need to let
Overlord #7
die during her first battle with Trillion and not retreat. Spoiler for character name:
_Elma_
- Choose the
'stop'
option in chp
- Beat Trillion with the final character. Spoiler for character name:
Zeabolos.
Some people say you need to finish it with the Final Strike death skill.

Your best bet is to get Trillion's HP low as soon as possible, then stop dealing damage to it + eventually finish it with the final character, while frequently raising all characters' affection through the Interact command. If you retreat too many times and Trillion munches his way to the castle then you get an instant game over. Likewise if all your characters get killed. Other than that, just fulfil the above conditions.

I'm usually someone who goes out of their way to get the true ending on their first playthrough, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it for this game. It's probably the least satisfying good ending + playing to meet its conditions is IMO less enjoyable than doing a normal run. It's better saved for an NG+ with carryovers.

Jintor

This game's core concept is pretty good and the writing isn't as objectionable as I feared. The SRPG/roguelike elements kinda suck but whatever.

However, here's my problem: this game doesn't respect my time. I can't button through shit as fast as I'd like and Trillion's attacks take ages to do anything. I'm not going to have a lot of free time very soon so that might be a dealbreaker.

Anyway I guess I'll keep occasionally playing until I get bored and watch youtube for the rest of it i guess

Jintor

okay i lost two weeks because of a glitch and i can't be bothered starting it up again so buh-bye trillion. I liked the time I spent on it but I can't really justify the time investment for the gameplay and the story/writing isn't that good imho.

Character designs are boss tho

Zolo

Started playing this after watching a bit of a let's play on it and getting it for sale on Steam. Feels like I'm cheating a bit since I already know what passive skills are the best to get. Just got through my first fight against Trillion with Mammon & took out about 20 billion HP from it. Would have done more, but a mage started taking down a decent amount of my AP since they have more range than I thought they would. At least now I know to get a ranged skill or something.

Zolo

Just beat the first form of Trillion with the first overlord. 0.0

Wasn't expecting to get it down to so much HP after only taking off about 100 billion in the first two encounters.

Edit: Damn! Dragon form killed me pretty easy though!

Top Bottom