• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trillion: God of Destruction |OT| Vita means Death

CfaSWH8UEAIsiWu.jpg:large

Perpell slayed the
second form
like nothing. Onto the
final
, though she won't survive much longer so she's gonna have to serve as a sacrifice as the second trio comes in. I don't care much for Ruche or Ashmedia but I love Fegor so let's see how this plays out, since my initial ranking of the original trio still stands, haha. (Perpell>Mammon>Levia)

Just started my 3rd Overlord on a NG+. My only goal is getting the true ending, but I'm also experimenting with a few handicaps to get a feel for some different builds etc. Unsurprisingly, it's proving more challenging than my first run.

Also spamming the Interact option has shown me a bunch of Overlord scenes that I missed on my first playthrough (even with 100% affection), so that was a nice surprise. Still finding new normal events as well.

Just started my 3rd Overlord on a NG+. My only goal is getting the true ending, but I'm also experimenting with a few handicaps to get a feel for some different builds etc. Unsurprisingly, it's proving more challenging than my first run.

Also spamming the Interact option has shown me a bunch of Overlord scenes that I missed on my first playthrough (even with 100% affection), so that was a nice surprise. Still finding new normal events as well.

I think there might be some additionally limits on some events that stops them unlocking until some criteria is met eg I've been save scumming the hell out of the first 2 weeks of Mammon's training and I've never been challenged by another Overlord (and I've mainly focused on training), I've seen the Double Trainer Training once though (I got reallly lucky and got Multi-Attack out of it).

I'm kinda suspecting that some events might also get "marked off" when they happen increasing your chance of getting other events.

Also there are scripted events but those are easy to identify, story events occur at the beginning of a day, random events at the end.

SerTapTap

Is there ever a reason to use anything but "extend trillion's resting period" for a death skill? Even with >500 attack I swear "final blow" did like less than 10 billion HP, which I was dealing in 2 strikes with that character. The "increase damage you deal" one seemed useless too, I did WAY less damage with that overlord than the prior one, actually!

Only advantage I can think of would be part seal on the FINAL form but to have enough people left to do that would be extreme

Is there ever a reason to use anything but "extend trillion's resting period" for a death skill? Even with >500 attack I swear "final blow" did like less than 10 billion HP, which I was dealing in 2 strikes with that character. The "increase damage you deal" one seemed useless too, I did WAY less damage with that overlord than the prior one, actually!

Only advantage I can think of would be part seal on the FINAL form but to have enough people left to do that would be extreme

Final Sealing the middle form can be useful depending on how wide your skill selection is.

Strengthen Weapon actually halves the Exp cost of Active Skills and apparently increases your normal attack range by 1.

Final Strike is actually dependent on your Total Stats not your Attack and it's necessary for the true ending so you'll have to use it at least once (you also apparently get a slightly different ending for each character if they defeat Trillion with Final Strike). So being strongly focused on Attack is actually the worst thing for Final Strike relatively.

But yeah for the most part increasing rest period is probably the best.

I haven't really experimented enough with death skills yet to have a definite view on this, but yeah, demon barrier seems consistently useful. The final form's the exception, since I'm pretty sure that part sealing
its torso
was more beneficial overall than a few more weeks of training would've been.

I didn't actually see how much damage Final Strike did the one time I used it, because it killed Trillion!

Final Strike is actually dependent on your Total Stats not your Attack and it's necessary for the true ending so you'll have to use it at least once (you also apparently get a slightly different ending for each character if they defeat Trillion with Final Strike). So being strongly focused on Attack is actually the worst thing for Final Strike relatively.
Wait, seriously? I've got what I assumed was a checklist for the true ending here and it doesn't mention this bit. Can you elaborate in a non-spoilery way?

I haven't really experimented enough with death skills yet to have a definite view on this, but yeah, demon barrier seems consistently useful. The final form's the exception, since I'm pretty sure that part sealing
its torso
was more beneficial overall than a few more weeks of training would've been.

I didn't actually see how much damage Final Strike did the one time I used it, because it killed Trillion!

Wait, seriously? I've got what I assumed was a checklist for the true ending here and it doesn't mention this bit. Can you elaborate in a non-spoilery way?

Maybe ? How much do you know about the true end requirements already ? If you're worried about missing it though, don't worry, it's not actually something you can "miss" because it's literally the last thing you do.

Maybe ? How much do you know about the true end requirements already ? If you're worried about missing it though, don't worry, it's not actually something you can "miss" because it's literally the last thing you do.
This is the list I've got, though there're a couple of points that I'm not completely sure on:

- Get 100% affection with every character
- Get either 1 billion or 1.5 billion total affection points across all characters. I'm going for 1.5 billion just to be safe.
- Win Ruche's fight with the Agent in chp 5.
- Let Elma die during her first battle. I'm assuming this means her first fight with Trillion.
- Choose not to revive anyone in chp 9.
- Beat Trillion with the final character.
(Zeabolos)

So should the last of those instead be:
- Beat Trillion with the final character using their Final Strike death skill
?

True ending better be marrying
Mammon.
Ashmedia
can be side bitch.
I can't speak badly about any of the characters in this game, so I'll settle for saying that your taste isn't as good as it could be.

I can't speak badly about any of the characters in this game, so I'll settle for saying that your taste isn't as good as it could be.

;_______;

Ha ha ha, I just have a kryptonite weakness for underboob and I like her personality. All the girls are great though.

I actually specifically like how
Levia's death and her relationship with Zeabolos actually indicates that Zeabolos cared just as much about her and wanted more than friends.
Thought that was an interesting touch considering the vast majority of the relationships aren't romantic at all, since they're either family or just very close.

I did have to dig a little to connect Levia with her Sin though because all the Overlords are way more prominent in why they are what Sin they are; Levia's was way more subtle.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I love Perpell and she's probably my favorite after Fegor, but damn if her story wasn't riddled with incestuous undertones. And that gray area of "looks 12 but is actually a 900 or whatever year old demon" thing.

Really? Maybe I'm missing those interacts but Perpell's seemed super un-incesty to me and was more "niece loves her uncle because her parents are dead" I didn't get an incest vibe at all from her. Most of her interacts were sad or sweet.

To be fair, I've only gone through the first three and Levia isn't related and Mammon has had maybe like...2 embarassments due to praise (is she related to him? I forget)

bomblord1

Banned
Really? Maybe I'm missing those interacts but Perpell's seemed super un-incesty to me and was more "niece loves her uncle because her parents are dead" I didn't get an incest vibe at all from her. Most of her interacts were sad or sweet.

To be fair, I've only gone through the first three and Levia isn't related and Mammon has had maybe like...2 embarassments due to praise (is she related to him? I forget)

Wait till you get to his Ruche and Ashmedia. Ashmedia is his sister I'm sure you've already seen a few of those interactions.

Perpell was the only one of the 5 characters I played that I didn't get pairing vibes from. There was the dumb shit Ashmedia was teaching her to say, but aside from that she and Zeabolos just felt like a caring uncle and childish niece.

Wait till you get to his Ruche and Ashmedia. Ashmedia is his sister I'm sure you've already seen a few of those interactions.
Ashmedia's his cousin. You mean Fegor?

bomblord1

Banned
Perpell was the only one of the 5 characters I played that I didn't get pairing vibes from. There was the dumb shit Ashmedia was teaching her to say, but aside from that she and Zeabolos just felt like a caring uncle and childish niece.

I'm pretty sure he referred to her as "sister" multiple times. No I didn't mean Fegor. Still even being cousins the point stands for the tone of their interactions lol.

Unrelated: Is the Neptunia DLC worthwhile?

SerTapTap

I'm pretty sure he referred to her as "sister" multiple times. No I didn't mean Fegor. Still even being cousins the point stands for the tone of their interactions lol.

Unrelated: Is the Neptunia DLC worthwhile?

It's free and takes a few moments to happen. It's main effect so far is more people "inhabiting" training events for more 10% boosts. I just grabbed all the DLC. Otton is the only one I'd recommend maybe ignoring.

Mild relationship/interaction spoilers for the next block

I didn't mind it the first time (with Mammon, for me), but then Levia did it...then Ashmedia...then Ruche...I could buy one, MAYBE two, but not 4 (hopefully not Fegor but I'm not there yet.). But it's cheap and disappointing after Perpell had a totally non-pairing reason for her death to be devastating.

If I could rewrite, I would say only Ashmedia and Levia should have the pairing crap. Mammon and Ruche have plenty of stuff to go on about without relationships. Ashmedia and Levia make sense because of their sins at least. With Mammon it felt a bit forced because we already know
the whole orphanage situation
which is plenty to base a character on. Ruche is just awkward and her vs Fegor/the pride thing seems like they could write plenty without resorting to that again.

I swear if he does this stuff with Fegor, his friggin sister, I will be pretty damn annoyed.

Still enjoying the game, but the writing is certainly up and down. After Perpell I was so excited to have a raising sim with a male "Producer" with no shipping/harem shit. But then...

The Neptunia DLC does populate your bonuses for training, but there are events for each Neptunia character that take the place of regular training events and only give you an okay accessory each.
They only happen once, but that's still like 5 events that might have been something more beneficial in the long run. Personally I don't care but others might.

This is the list I've got, though there're a couple of points that I'm not completely sure on:

- Get 100% affection with every character
- Get either 1 billion or 1.5 billion total affection points across all characters. I'm going for 1.5 billion just to be safe.
- Win Ruche's fight with the Agent in chp 5.
- Let Elma die during her first battle. I'm assuming this means her first fight with Trillion.
- Choose not to revive anyone in chp 9.
- Beat Trillion with the final character.
(Zeabolos)

So should the last of those instead be:
- Beat Trillion with the final character using their Final Strike death skill
?

Yeah, as far as I know. I haven't actually tried it yet but that's what one of the reviews said.

The Neptunia DLC does populate your bonuses for training, but there are events for each Neptunia character that take the place of regular training events and only give you an okay accessory each.
They only happen once, but that's still like 5 events that might have been something more beneficial in the long run. Personally I don't care but others might.

There seems to be some randomness in those events too (I've had the same choice pass and fail on the Neptune one for example) and they don't complete until you get the item, so you might see them more than once).

bomblord1

Banned
So just lost Fegor and found out
that Elma is next.

Nope nope nope F that reloading my last save and hoping I can plow through 300 billion HP with Fegor

Onto my 5th NG+ Overlord. Turns out magic builds are viable
for the first 2 forms at least
, but they're harder to justify, not least because of the cost of INT between 100-200 and 200-400 points when compared with ATK. Plus it hinders your ability to build MP, which is more valuable than HP. All the generic attack boosting passives I tested applied to INT as well.

On a related note, the Challenger passive is way more OP than I initially gave it credit for, since it seems to count every part of Trillion as a separate enemy. At Lv2 (where the boost = 5% x no of enemies) I was getting around a 40% attack boost just from Trillion's 2nd form alone. With its dirt cheap cost it's an absolute no-brainer if you're having trouble.

Also this just arrived in the post:

Art might look familiar to those who ordered the LE, but it's the JP art/guidebook. I haven't looked through it yet since it has a bunch of CGs I haven't seen, but it has a guide to all of the game's events. Which, uh, I can't read.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I love Perpell and she's probably my favorite after Fegor, but damn if her story wasn't riddled with incestuous undertones. And that gray area of "looks 12 but is actually a 900 or whatever year old demon" thing.

Ya after getting to
Elma
and seeing more event scenes for the characters before her, going to definitely have to agree that most characters have some pretty heavily implied incest undertones to them. I've read it only takes things up a notch when it comes to several of the characters endings.

I've played for maybe 35-40ish hours and kept trying to figure out where the Compile Heart part of development came in, well there it is.

I've noticed that the events definitely happen more than once each, when I now have 2-3 accessories each on the current playthrough. It's not like some of them are "bad" exactly (even if you can buy better later on), it's just that it's hard to deny that multi attack or some of the other abilities that may or may not be OP as hell. The main benefit from having the dlc though, is having extra training partners, especially as you start losing overlords.

Ya after getting to
Elma
and seeing more event scenes for the characters before her, going to definitely have to agree that most characters have some pretty heavily implied incest undertones to them. I've read it only takes things up a notch when it comes to several of the characters endings.

I've played for maybe 35-40ish hours and kept trying to figure out where the Compile Heart part of development came in, well there it is.

I've noticed that the events definitely happen more than once each, when I now have 2-3 accessories each on the current playthrough. It's not like some of them are "bad" exactly (even if you can buy better later on), it's just that it's hard to deny that multi attack or some of the other abilities that may or may not be OP as hell. The main benefit from having the dlc though, is having extra training partners, especially as you start losing overlords.

Yeah, the extra training partners is definitely a major advantage when you're looking at Fegor and latter.

Does anyone have any idea on the best way to get Overlord battles ? I could use some Fegor fights to raise my multi-attack level.

Just finished chapter
on an NG+.

I don't know what's going to happen first - I get the true ending or I start taking anti-depressants.
Elma's death scene
isn't something I ever want to see again.

Trying to fight Trillion's last form without part sealing, Final Sprint or weapon seals turned out to be about as hopeless as I was expecting. You need around 700 SPD before you get a turn advantage over it, and without that it's incredibly difficult to get in close to deal any significant damage without getting blown up.

I noticed that you can still damage its armour durability even
if it's nulled your skill's damage
, so maybe there's a viable strategy that involves using long range attacks with Lv3 Armor Strike to break its parts. I'm assuming the fight becomes less ridiculous once they're broken.

Does anyone have any idea on the best way to get Overlord battles ? I could use some Fegor fights to raise my multi-attack level.
Nope, they've always felt like dumb luck to me. I swear I got Levia 3 times in a week with my first Overlord.

Man with my first Overlord I'm guessing I beat Trillion's first form because I had amazing luck getting abilities from events. Now on my third I feel like I've seen 2 events over seven weeks and my stat gains are kinda middling. I got Affection points coming out my ass though.

bomblord1

Banned
So I lost
elma
within a few turns of starting. Trillion ganked me with an attack too large to dodge within a few turns.

Now I'm on freaking
Cerberus
are you making fun of me game? I think the games making fun of me for
losing all the overlords

True ending get.
I figured that would be the outcome given the huge body count you need to unlock it. I love the cast so I'm glad to see a happy ending for them, though at the same time it detracted from the sacrifices they all made and was a little deus ex machina. The brief insight into Trillion was fascinating, and honestly, I don't think they needed to reveal any more than that. Part of what makes her such an effective adversary is that she's an uncompromising natural disaster, with no complex motivations or redeemable traits.

Kinda said it in an earlier post, but this is one of my favourite games I've ever played. Basically haven't thought about anything else for the past week. If it doesn't end up as my 2016 GOTY then I'll eat the earth's core.

I still have 9 freaking endings left to unlock. Because NG+s stack with each-other, my next playthrough'll start with about 7000 in all stats, so that should speed things up. I'll probably just settle on getting endings for my remaining favourites for now, so that's Fegor,
Elma and Faust.
Oh, and Levia. But I also want to see Ashmedia's too. And Perpell's and Mammon's. ...Fuck.

After testing it turns out the Armor Strike + long range skills strategy is a completely viable one against Trillion's last form. Once you break its body the difficulty of the fight drops significantly, allowing you to get in and land the damage you need. Trying to fight it normally while it's fully intact is asking for trouble, unless you're using Final Sprint or 8 SPD+ weapon seals or something.

The final Overlord is an absolute beast, though I'm not sure if you get to play as them if you revive one of the others in chapter 9. Also unsure if anyone else can learn that passive Protection skill from an event, and ditto for Elma's revival passive.

Oh yeah, IFI put up a hints video that probably won't be of use to anyone here.

sasari

I could do with some legit tips, I'm determined to get the true ending now. Any recommendations on skills/builds etc?

bomblord1

Banned
I feel like the amount of points I get overall goes down with each overlord. Am I crazy?

Well specifically at the beginning. For example Fegor I was able to send about 2/3rd of her stats to 333 in the opening. But now I'm on
Faust
and can't even break 300 on any of them

I feel like the amount of points I get overall goes down with each overlord. Am I crazy?

Well specifically at the beginning. For example Fegor I was able to send about 2/3rd of her stats to 333 in the opening. But now I'm on
Faust

Depends on the amount of training you do since you bring something like 60-80% XP onto the next overlord. I basically stopped all training once I felt like I got Trillion low enough to beat for the true ending, so not having 3 overlords doing any training makes your stats plummet when you go on to the next (I also have like 30 shots at the training grounds since I never did any with past overlords, so XP is a non issue). That and you need a significant amount of affection to even get the true ending, which I didn't want to chance not getting it. I've seen some say 1.5bil and others think it's only 1bil to go along with the trophy, with 1.5bil you would actually need to interact quite a bit.

Wow, Final Sprint really is broken.

If you pump even just one point into it you never need to raise any of your stats above 333 and can then spend it on HP/MP + Charm and since your Att. will be maxed out you can save money and just use it on Seals that increase shit like crits or cut damage or lots of minions with your new super high Charm.

It's like playing on EZ mode. Mammon took down
Dragon Form
by herself.

OMG I'm going to throw up in anger. I got Trillion from 650 to 360 in one battle and my game just froze.

I am so fucking angry right now.

Few thoughts on the end of the game.

I ended at about 40 hours after getting both Fegor's and the True Ending. After seeing Fegor's, if the other are anything like hers, I would probably like them better than the true. I didn't mind the true ending and knew it would be super cliche before getting it, but I honestly feel like an ending with a sense of loss has more feeling to it than having a super happy "everyone is alive" ending. Also feel like the game could have used maybe half a dozen more music tracks as well. The music was good for the most part, I just feel like it started to get old after hearing the same track used in dozens of scenes.

I honestly think the game would have been better if it focused even more on the VN elements, rather than the training sim part. It really feels like it's going to suck going back and getting anything else when the training sim takes up so much time even if you skip all the scenes. The Trillion fights feel the same way as well once you get enough XP in NG+ that you can just stomp it with any character you play as.

The Valley of Swords dungeon also wasn't the most thought out thing in the world either. Once you started gaining affection and any kind of movement ability, no matter what layout you got, you had no chance of not collecting everything on the map and you could laugh at any enemy. Really didn't see the point in having said dungeon if the mobs posed no form of challenge and all the items/chests were always easy to collect.

In the end the game had quite a few flaws that could have been fixed had they tried to focus more on 1 or 2 elements, rather than a handful. I enjoyed it for what it was and the characters were pretty well done if you actually saw all their events. I'll probably go back at some point and try for more endings, but with how deep some of those endings are in the story itself and how much of the sim you have to go through to get to them, I don't think I could do all of them. The artstyle was also really great and I hope they make use of that Disgaea artist more.

I could do with some legit tips, I'm determined to get the true ending now. Any recommendations on skills/builds etc?
Not sure how far you are or how much you've learned yet, so apologies if some of this seems basic:

Worthwhile passives:

- Solid Mind. If you have enough MP/Affection to constantly spam movement skills, this is amazing for increasing your attack. It resets if you ever move normally (with the d-pad) though. Willpower works a similar way for boosting defence, but it's far less relevant since you never want to get hit.

- Armor Strike. Incredibly useful for all of Trillion's forms, especially combined with AoE skills. Breaking its armour not only doubles your damage to that part but also disables some of its attacks, which is almost necessary to survive its final form.

- Ambush. Never actually used this myself, but apparently it 100% guarantees crits if you're attacking Trillion from behind. Which you'll be doing a lot for the first 2 forms. Combine it with the Critical Hit passive for even higher damage.

- Final Sprint. The most OP passive in the game. It severely reduces your starting stats, but then gradually increases them until they're at 300% of what they originally were. The downside is that you'll need to spend the early stages of the battle being evasive, which means Trillion can end up closer to the defence line than you'd like (depends on its form). Don't use this if you want a challenge.

- Fair 'n Square. Nothing special, but I spent a lot of time smacking Trillion's last form from the front, so having it at Lv1/2 is fine if you have EXP to spare. Ambush shits all over it though.

- Eagle Eye. If you're using ranged strategies (e.g. Thunder Ray spam), this is worth getting at Lv1/2 for a cheap attack boost.

- Ace. One of the best passives for Trillion's first form, since it likes summoning minions while you're behind it. Still very useful for the other forms as well.

- Challenger. Also one of the best passives, especially with its low cost. As far as I can tell, it counts all of Trillion's parts as separate enemies. At Lv2 I got a 40% attack boost from Trillion's 2nd form alone.

- One-on-One. I didn't test how it works on Trillion, but I'm guessing it'll proc as long as your attack is only targeting one of its body parts. At the very least, it's worth investing in if you're using Cannon Spike, Thunder Ray or a lot of regular attacks.

- Eco-Spell. Assuming you're not getting hit, this is essentially an increase to your Affection/MP. Fairly cheap, so I always had it at Lv3 for the last form.

- Critical Hit. Get it if you're using Ambush or critical+ weapon seals. Probably worth getting at Lv1 regardless.

- Offense Boost. HP is largely worthless, so this is an excellent attack boost.

- Meditation. Expensive, but might be worthwhile at Lv1/2 if you want to tank the final form's miasma.

- Aggressive/EX Focus. Possibly worthwhile if you have high MP and intend to survive for a while when your Affection's at 0.

- EXP Boost. Get this at Lv2 asap. Maybe Lv3 if you have the EXP to spare, since it's an investment for the future.

Having Final Sprint makes a lot of the other attack-boosting passives redundant, but I mentioned them anyway since I don't like using it.

Worthwhile Skills:

I haven't experimented with skills enough to give as much advice here. Really need to fix that on my next run.

Spoiler for Trillion's last form:
Once you hit it with a skill, for the rest of that battle it won't take any damage from that same skill. For that reason, the only ones that're worth using on the final form are long range / large AoE ones, since you can still break its armour with them.

- Cannon Spike. Cheap to upgrade, cheap to use and hits for the strength of 4 normal attacks at Lv3. If you're able to stick close to Trillion, this is a godsend. Particularly if you haven't learned Multi-Attack from the random events.

- Charge and Flame Dragon. The cheapest and most useful movement skills. Get them at Lv1 on everyone. If you really need the extra movement and have a ton of EXP/MP/Affection, you can upgrade Charge to Lv3, but I never did.

- Lai. RIP Trillion's tail. This at Lv2/3 with the Armor Strike passive will absolutely destroy it. You can learn/upgrade it from a common event, so getting it at Lv1 immediately is usually a good idea (in case that event comes up).

- Sonic Speed. RIP Trillion's tail if you're attacking from directly behind it. Also just generally useful as a ranged attack for ATK-based characters. Get it at Lv1 minimum.

- Star Prayer. Cheap, powerful and (slightly) ranged. Worth getting at Lv2 on ATK-based characters, since it costs Mana/Spell/Charm EXP which you'll probably have going spare.

- Schuzrum Fang. Limited long range usefulness at Lv2. Too expensive at Lv3.

- Aerial Pierce. Worth getting at Lv1, just to give you another damage + movement option.

- Twin Nova. As with most magic skills, I never used it myself, but I can see it being useful for tail-shredding at Lv2/3.

- Thunder Ray. Cheap, powerful, long range. Likely one of the best magic skills. Break Trillion's armour and then snipe it with this.

- Fire Wheel. The magic equivalent of Sonic Speed, except with even longer range. Low EXP cost, so it's worth getting at Lv2 minimum on all INT characters (and possibly at Lv1/2 for ATK ones as well, since it gives a long(er) range option for killing minions / finishing off armour).

- Deviant Storm. High MP cost at Lv2 (which is probably where you want it), but it's another great tail-shredder with a little range thrown in.

Stats:

SPD - The most important stat up to a point. At multiples of 100 it may (or may not depending on the form) give you a turn advantage over Trillion, meaning its attacks take longer to activate. Basically, for the first form you want 200 minimum, then 400 minimum for the other forms. Well, for the last form you really want 900+ if it's fully intact, but good luck getting that without Final Sprint or 8 SPD+ weapons seals.

ATK - The more consistently useful of the two offensive stats. Because of the EXP it uses, it won't interfere with raising MP. You'll usually want to focus on this and SPD.
I have no idea how an INT-based character would handle Trillion's last form.

INT - Magic builds are viable for Trillion's first 2 forms, but they're harder to justify than ATK ones, not least because of the cost of raising INT between 100-200 and 200-400 points when compared with ATK. Using EXP on INT also makes it much more difficult to raise MP, which magic characters need for their skills since their regular attacks are trash.

HP - Never really bothered with this, especially if using Offense Boost. Most Trillion battles for me were just a case of dodging everything until either Trillion reached the defence line or I ran out of MP/Affection for movement skills.

MP - Affection will be your main MP source, but it's still worth building this up so that you don't die quickly when your Affection hits 0. If you're using an ATK based character, you should have Mana/Spell EXP to spare. Good luck if you're INT based.

DEF/RES - Pretty worthless, since your aim is to avoid getting hit by anything that isn't miasma or a minion. Trillion's last form in particular will vaporise you even with high defence stats.

Affection - Your main MP source, and incredibly important to build, since you're basically dead once you can't use movement skills anymore. I always liked to have 100,000k minimum when going into a Trillion battle (less if I'd already retreated twice).

---

This is basically all based on my 2 playthroughs of the game only, so I may well be wrong on some points.

Few thoughts on the end of the game.

I ended at about 40 hours after getting both Fegor's and the True Ending. After seeing Fegor's, if the other are anything like hers, I would probably like them better than the true. I didn't mind the true ending and knew it would be super cliche before getting it, but I honestly feel like an ending with a sense of loss has more feeling to it than having a super happy "everyone is alive" ending. Also feel like the game could have used maybe half a dozen more music tracks as well. The music was good for the most part, I just feel like it started to get old after hearing the same track used in dozens of scenes.

I honestly think the game would have been better if it focused even more on the VN elements, rather than the training sim part. It really feels like it's going to suck going back and getting anything else when the training sim takes up so much time even if you skip all the scenes. The Trillion fights feel the same way as well once you get enough XP in NG+ that you can just stomp it with any character you play as.

The Valley of Swords dungeon also wasn't the most thought out thing in the world either. Once you started gaining affection and any kind of movement ability, no matter what layout you got, you had no chance of not collecting everything on the map and you could laugh at any enemy. Really didn't see the point in having said dungeon if the mobs posed no form of challenge and all the items/chests were always easy to collect.

In the end the game had quite a few flaws that could have been fixed had they tried to focus more on 1 or 2 elements, rather than a handful. I enjoyed it for what it was and the characters were pretty well done if you actually saw all their events. I'll probably go back at some point and try for more endings, but with how deep some of those endings are in the story itself and how much of the sim you have to go through to get to them, I don't think I could do all of them. The artstyle was also really great and I hope they make use of that Disgaea artist more.
Yeah, I agree with much of this.
Most of the game's emotional impact comes from the characters' suffering and sacrifice, so to have that effectively undone by the true ending left a slightly unsatisfying after-taste for me.
Looking at the music list in the Royal Quarters, I think they could've spread some of the tracks out better. Practically all of the Overlords have their own theme, but when I actually listened to them I could barely remember when they'd played. For repeated playthroughs, the game could really use a 'Skip to Trillion Fight' button.

Ok what the ACTUAL HELL GAME even the
FREAKING DOG HAS SEXUAL UNDERTONES
wait wat. I'm pretty sure I saw all their scenes and I don't remember this.

Faust
Losing Mokujin
once you reach the final form removes one of your main EXP sources. So yeah, I found my EXP carry-over going down from that point as well. Luckily I'd saved up a ton of training medals, so I used the Valley of Swords to top myself up.

OMG I'm going to throw up in anger. I got Trillion from 650 to 360 in one battle and my game just froze.

I am so fucking angry right now.
RIP, sorry man. Out of curiousity, what triggered the freeze?

RIP, sorry man. Out of curiousity, what triggered the freeze?

Trillion's
dragon form
used that alternating space laser attack, something he had used in the fight previously with no issues. Used it, cut back to my Overlord and it just froze, music still playing. This has happened twice now, once when I used Sonic Speed.

It may be because something weird happened to my game and whenever I did training the number level up screen background would just turn pure white. I didn't see it affect the game at all but maybe whatever was doing that caused the freeze. It keeps happening though.

bomblord1

Banned
What stat governs your chance of hitting the enemy?

So I think I figured out why my exp keeps going down it seems exp spent on skill doesn't carry over. I was averaging about 4k on each stat for a while but this time focused on skills instead of stats and carried over only about 1k on each

Also steamrolled
1st form
Trillion with my first overlord that time doing about 11 billion a hit got
the 2nd form
down to 490 billion with the 1st overlord

What stat governs your chance of hitting the enemy?
There isn't one to my knowledge, you should have 100% accuracy unless the enemy has some special ability (like the ghost armours in the Valley of Swords that can't be damaged from the front), or you have the Savage Warrior passive that makes all your attacks either miss or crit.

Trillion's
dragon form
used that alternating space laser attack, something he had used in the fight previously with no issues. Used it, cut back to my Overlord and it just froze, music still playing. This has happened twice now, once when I used Sonic Speed.

It may be because something weird happened to my game and whenever I did training the number level up screen background would just turn pure white. I didn't see it affect the game at all but maybe whatever was doing that caused the freeze. It keeps happening though.
Hm. The one time I got freezes was against Trillion's
final form
on my 1st playthrough, and it was always a certain attack that triggered it, but it wouldn't happen until really late in the fight and even then there was some randomness to it. Also if I just closed and restarted the game after it froze (rather than powering off the PSTV) then it'd freeze up again shortly after retrying the fight. I eventually just let Levia lose slightly early and sealed the part to prevent it happening again.

On my 2nd playthrough, it must've used that same attack 50+ times across at least 5 battles and it didn't freeze once, so I have no idea what caused it the first time.

bomblord1

Banned
There isn't one to my knowledge, you should have 100% accuracy unless the enemy has some special ability (like the ghost armours in the Valley of Swords that can't be damaged from the front), or you have the Savage Warrior passive that makes all your attacks either miss or crit.

Yup I figured "well my attacks never miss so always criting would be great. Didn't realize it cuts your accuracy down so low with no way to recover it.

Top Bottom