• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trillion: God of Destruction |OT| Vita means Death

This is probably just a case of not looking into the game enough before buying it. I also wish some of the concepts were different than how they turned out, but they never once tried to make the game seem like it was about something other than the characters. They want you to care about them so their eventual deaths have some sort of significance.

It's pretty goddam effective at that, to be frank. Taking a character I thought was boring and annoying and making me legitimately depressed at her death.

Since when does that count as separate hits? I was spamming a lvl 2 meteor (3x3 square) and Trillion and it was only registering as 1.
Haven't tried that skill myself, but it has the same description as the multi-hit skills, so it should be hitting multiple times (providing more than 1 of the AoE target squares is on Trillion). Check the battle log (Start button) to see how many hits it landed.

Dangit how are all of you beating
his first form
on your first Overlord :'( I literally fight him until he crosses the line and retreated as many times as possible but it took me 3 overlords.
The
first form's
easy to dodge, so it's really a race against time before it crosses the defence line. If your SPD's decent and you're good with your movement skills, you can stall it by baiting the fist smash move. As far as I could tell, while its fist's on the ground it can't use a lot of its other moves, including the jump.

I didn't do that much damage to it on my first try with Mammon, but after some more training I got Multi Attack, a handful of decent passives and higher ATK/SPD, which together made a huge difference.

Mainly focusing on ATK, CAP and SPD but throw some points towards others as well (just not as much). I pretty much spam The skill that moves you forward 3 spaces (that's what apparently caused my game to freeze) however
specifically on the second form
I can't even get a hit in because the entire area around him is consistently red. And the few turns it's not is when he's surrounded himself with poison tiles or is using the attack that blows you back. Every time I try to get closed I also get ganked by
his floating balls of death
within a few turns and have to retreat.

Haven't used any passive skills really just the ones I've got naturally through training. Most of them sound pretty much useless. I had one that was supposed to increase my attack for every enemy I killed but I was blasting them left and right and wasn't noticing any appreciable difference so I don't know if I was using it wrong or what.
For the
Dragon Form
, I had the most success by
baiting the two orbs to one side of the tail, then Flame Dragon'ing over the tail and smacking it from the other side. As long as I stayed opposite the orbs, they wouldn't move around the tail and would instead just occasionally fire lasers at me, which can be easily dodged. Lv2 Lai + Armor Strike destroyed the tail armour in 4 attacks, limiting its tail smash attack and causing my damage to skyrocket. If I couldn't get close enough for Lai, I used Star Prayer Lv2 instead.

There are some really good passive skills, so they're worth looking into. Armor Strike + multi-hit skills will rip through armour, Ambush is useful if you're attacking it from behind, Challenger is worth its small price (particularly against
Dragon Form, since I think its orbs count as separate enemies
, One-on-One is a decent damage spike. I haven't tried it myself (since it sounds kinda game-breaking and I want to keep some of the challenge), but apparently the Final Sprint passive is OP as hell.

The Ace passive (the one that increases your ATK when you kill an enemy) definitely works and makes a huge difference for the
first form
. With its low cost, it's probably still worth it for the
Dragon Form
as well. Again, check the battle log to see the increase in damage.

It's pretty goddam effective at that, to be frank. Taking a character I thought was boring and annoying and making me legitimately depressed at her death.
Tell me about it. Mammon and Perpell were the two characters I figured I wouldn't give a damn about, but both of their deaths killed me. Now I'm on Levia and I'm shitting myself.

bomblord1

Banned
Haven't tried that skill myself, but it has the same description as the multi-hit skills, so it should be hitting multiple times (providing more than 1 of the AoE target squares is on Trillion). Check the battle log (Start button) to see how many hits it landed.

The
first form's
easy to dodge, so it's really a race against time before it crosses the defence line. If your SPD's decent and you're good with your movement skills, you can stall it by baiting the fist smash move. As far as I could tell, while its fist's on the ground it can't use a lot of its other moves, including the jump.

I didn't do that much damage to it on my first try with Mammon, but after some more training I got Multi Attack, a handful of decent passives and higher ATK/SPD, which together made a huge difference.

For the
Dragon Form
, I had the most success by
baiting the two orbs to one side of the tail, then Flame Dragon'ing over the tail and smacking it from the other side. As long as I stayed opposite the orbs, they wouldn't move around the tail and would instead just occasionally fire lasers at me, which can be easily dodged. Lv2 Lai + Armor Strike destroyed the tail armour in 4 attacks, limiting its tail smash attack and causing my damage to skyrocket. If I couldn't get close enough for Lai, I used Star Prayer Lv2 instead.

There are some really good passive skills, so they're worth looking into. Armor Strike + multi-hit skills will rip through armour, Ambush is useful if you're attacking it from behind, Challenger is worth its small price (particularly against
Dragon Form, since I think its orbs count as separate enemies
, One-on-One is a decent damage spike. I haven't tried it myself (since it sounds kinda game-breaking and I want to keep some of the challenge), but apparently the Final Sprint passive is OP as hell.

The Ace passive (the one that increases your ATK when you kill an enemy) definitely works and makes a huge difference for the
first form
. With its low cost, it's probably still worth it for the
Dragon Form
as well. Again, check the battle log to see the increase in damage.

Tell me about it. Mammon and Perpell were the two characters I figured I wouldn't give a damn about, but both of their deaths killed me. Now I'm on Levia and I'm shitting myself.

You know what? I think I'm going to dump my current save and try from the beginning with these things in mind. The multi hit thing in particular is something I experimented with and dismissed after not seeing the damage go up.

SerTapTap

If nothing else the game is great at tricking you into thinking you're doing well then pulling the rug from under you. Also the endgame stretch just seems cruel, anyone got any tips?

I'm down to Ruche and Fegor next...uh...no one's dealt half as much damage as Mammon or Levia were dealing (granted, against earlier forms). I'm not sure if I fucked up or if
the training dummy not appearing just totally ruins your potential stat growth
but I can't push my attack and speed stats as high as I could before. But I bought a ton of passive skills early on so learned skills from "events" would be more potent, maybe I spent more than I realized.

I assume there's some sort of NG+ and I'm starting to think I might not win until that at this rate. went from "I CAN DO THIS!" with my third overlord to "I can probably do this" on my fourth to "what" on my fifth. Unless there's some sort of trump card on the fifth, her stats are amazing or I really ace this next fight
that I CAN'T FUCKING PRACTICE FOR
I don't really see this happening right now.

Surprised people could beat the first form with their first Overlord, but I'm too far in to restart. There's definitely a lot to learn about the systems in this game

Since when does that count as separate hits? I was spamming a lvl 2 meteor (3x3 square) and Trillion and it was only registering as 1.

I was wondering about that too. The descriptions are very unclear.

Jesus Christ. So I chose Perpell because I was like "I like Levia and Mammon and don't wanna kill them" so I chose the dumb little girl character cause I wouldn't care.

After raising her affection to 100%, doing all the scenes related to her, having her fight and retreat against Trillion 3 times until I couldn't run anymore...
and she beats Trillion's first form only to have me struggle to figure out his 2nd form in time and then get killed and that fucking death scene?
Jesus Christ. I felt like the biggest sack of shit. All those scenes about
her wanting to stay just a little longer with Zeabolos ;_____;

I think this game has found an incredible midpoint between emergent gameplay and scripted scenarios getting you into the game emotionally. You get the cutscenes that add onto you becoming invested due to spending so much time with your girl and trying to make her stronger and stronger so all the futility of sending them off to die is brutal.

Perpell's writing is really good, and I think they make her sort of a deliberate "I'll pick this one because who cares about this little brat". Though
TBH every character has either a devastating backstory or a surprising real personality so far

Levia's dead. Fuck everything.

Annoyingly, I started getting freezes late in my 2nd fight with
Trillion's final form.
So this time I sealed the part that kept causing it
(the knife)
out of spite.

If nothing else the game is great at tricking you into thinking you're doing well then pulling the rug from under you. Also the endgame stretch just seems cruel, anyone got any tips?

I'm down to Ruche and Fegor next...uh...no one's dealt half as much damage as Mammon or Levia were dealing (granted, against earlier forms). I'm not sure if I fucked up or if
the training dummy not appearing just totally ruins your potential stat growth
but I can't push my attack and speed stats as high as I could before. But I bought a ton of passive skills early on so learned skills from "events" would be more potent, maybe I spent more than I realized.

I assume there's some sort of NG+ and I'm starting to think I might not win until that at this rate. went from "I CAN DO THIS!" with my third overlord to "I can probably do this" on my fourth to "what" on my fifth. Unless there's some sort of trump card on the fifth, her stats are amazing or I really ace this next fight
that I CAN'T FUCKING PRACTICE FOR
I don't really see this happening right now.
I'm going through the same feelings right now. Although Ashmedia's base stats are higher, I'm pretty sure the EXP I've inherited was less than Levia started with. Without Mokujin it's significantly harder to build it up. Though I've been neglecting the Valley of Swords, which actually gives a considerable amount of EXP, so I'll try to fix that this time around.

My advice for
Trillion's final form
:

- SEAL THE TORSO WITH A DEATH SKILL. It was considerably easier to survive during my 2nd fight, because it didn't have its most threatening AoE attack or any miasma. I was able to stand in front of it and slash away, then use movement skills to avoid Roundabout.
- You can seal some of its other parts if you have the Death Skills to spare, but it's less essential than sealing the torso. I still have at least 3+1 Overlords left, so I've sealed it twice now.
- Attacking the main body (front 2 squares) does about 2x damage over targeting its wings or cutlery. With no armour destroyed, at least.
- Whenever it does "I don't like you" (self barrier) or "On the dish" (field barrier), it'll cancel out any attacks it was charging.
- Pray for one of the events that teaches Multi Attack, since regular attacks are your main damage source. I've gotten it from the Ergo/Ragon 2-vs-1 training event and the Fegor duel, though that was only with my first Overlord (Mammon).
- Apparently there's a weapon seal you can get which gives your regular attacks longer range. Haven't seen it myself, but it'd be incredibly useful for bypassing its self barrier.
- If you really get desperate, learn the broken Final Sprint passive and hold out until you become a monster. I'm only going to do this if I get down to my last Overlord.
- BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...
- BE PRAYING
- BE PRAYING
- BE PRAYING

Also don't forget that you can
revive one Overlord that you had 100% affection with. I'm not exactly sure when / how this triggers, but I suspect the main six all have to be dead first.
There is an NG+, although I don't know the specifics.

Levia's dead. Fuck everything.

Annoyingly, I started getting freezes late in my 2nd fight with
Trillion's final form.
So this time I sealed the part that kept causing it
(the knife)
out of spite.

I'm going through the same feelings right now. Although Ashmedia's base stats are higher, I'm pretty sure the EXP I've inherited was less than Levia started with. Without Mokujin it's significantly harder to build it up. Though I've been neglecting the Valley of Swords, which actually gives a considerable amount of EXP, so I'll try to fix that this time around.

My advice for
Trillion's final form
:

- SEAL THE TORSO WITH A DEATH SKILL. It was considerably easier to survive during my 2nd fight, because it didn't have its most threatening AoE attack or any miasma. I was able to stand in front of it and slash away, then use movement skills to avoid Roundabout.
- You can seal some of its other parts if you have the Death Skills to spare, but it's less essential than sealing the torso. I still have at least 3+1 Overlords left, so I've sealed it twice now.
- Attacking the main body (front 2 squares) does about 2x damage over targeting its wings or cutlery. With no armour destroyed, at least.
- Whenever it does "I don't like you" (self barrier) or "On the dish" (field barrier), it'll cancel out any attacks it was charging.
- Pray for one of the events that teaches Multi Attack, since regular attacks are your main damage source. I've gotten it from the Ergo/Ragon 2-vs-1 training event and the Fegor duel, though that was only with my first Overlord (Mammon).
- Apparently there's a weapon seal you can get which gives your regular attacks longer range. Haven't seen it myself, but it'd be incredibly useful for bypassing its self barrier.
- If you really get desperate, learn the broken Final Sprint passive and hold out until you become a monster. I'm only going to do this if I get down to my last Overlord.
- BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...
- BE PRAYING
- BE PRAYING
- BE PRAYING

Also don't forget that you can
revive one Overlord that you had 100% affection with. I'm not exactly sure when / how this triggers, but I suspect all the others have to be dead first.
There is an NG+, although I don't know the specifics.

Regarding: Don't forget
(The spoiler tags here aren't for jokes. They spoil pretty much every character based plot twist in the game)
You're correct everyone else has to bite it first. It's actually even more than that. If Ruche beats the Envoy then you also get a chapter with Elma and if she bites it one with Kerobos, After that you can either revive 1 girl you had 100% affection with or if you choose not to then you get Faust. If Faust bites it then you get to play as Zeabolos (who's starting stats are more than enough to win if you get Solid Mind / Final Sprint).

To get the true ending Zeabolos has to finish the Final form with his Death Skill (which is super messed up).

I can confirm Final Sprint is broken AF. You have neutered stats so can't bring many minions with you, but by the time you get to Trillion your stats are about back to normal so every turn after is just you getting stronger. And that's at level 1.

Omg where were these maids before and why haven't I seen scenes with them

I adore the designs in this game. It can't be said enough

UCBooties

Any tips for raising affection? It seems to depend a lot on luck with what gift items you get. I've just retreated from the first Trillion fight using Perpell and her affection is still under 50%.

bomblord1

Banned
You start a fight with lowered stats, but they increase each turn. It doesn't take that long to reach 999 in all stats.

I think I will abuse this.

Any tips for raising affection? It seems to depend a lot on luck with what gift items you get. I've just retreated from the first Trillion fight using Perpell and her affection is still under 50%.

The basics of their personality are pretty strong clues as to what the best gifts are. For example Perpell loves anything food related except for 1 random fermented sushi item. If I remember right one of her 1k gifts is
the 3d picture book

SerTapTap

You start a fight with lowered stats, but they increase each turn. It doesn't take that long to reach 999 in all stats.

Huh, really? I might try that one then. Even doing TERRIBLY as I did in my last fight against trillion it still took like, 50 turns to lose.

Does HP go up though?

Interact helps (I forget if it's like 3%?), but you really should get enough items with proper training at least in my experience. Though your first overlord is your hardest to max in time. finding "good" yellow ones increases affection by 5% each and the "perfect" item is like 10% or something plus a scene?

TBH you should basically consider your first Overlord a lost cause/practice, I'm not sure my first hit 100% anyway. Don't waste too many blue/purple "don't really like" items on your current overlord and you should have plenty of crap for your next overlords. It's a balancing act.

UCBooties

The basics of their personality are pretty strong clues as to what the best gifts are. For example Perpell loves anything food related except for 1 random fermented sushi item. If I remember right one of her 1k gifts is
the 3d picture book

That's pretty clear, I meant that it is luck whether or not you get any items that your overlord likes. I wondered if there was something I was missing since I only seem to get 1% increase when I do interactions using the rest menu.

Saphirax

Huh, really? I might try that one then. Even doing TERRIBLY as I did in my last fight against trillion it still took like, 50 turns to lose.

Does HP go up though?

Interact helps (I forget if it's like 3%?), but you really should get enough items with proper training at least in my experience. Though your first overlord is your hardest to max in time. finding "good" yellow ones increases affection by 5% each and the "perfect" item is like 10% or something plus a scene?

TBH you should basically consider your first Overlord a lost cause/practice, I'm not sure my first hit 100% anyway. Don't waste too many blue/purple "don't really like" items on your current overlord and you should have plenty of crap for your next overlords. It's a balancing act.

I don't think HP and MP increased, but I could be wrong. I don't pay much attention to them unless I'm out of affection :p.

But yeah that + the skill that increases your damage if you don't move = a lot of damage.

autoduelist

This is probably just a case of not looking into the game enough before buying it. I also wish some of the concepts were different than how they turned out, but they never once tried to make the game seem like it was about something other than the characters. They want you to care about them so their eventual deaths have some sort of significance.

Oh, yeah, I'm not saying I fully researched everything about the game beforehand. I thought it was more combat oriented than relationship oriented. My mistake, it's just a case of 'so close, so far' for me.

SerTapTap

I don't think HP and MP increased, but I could be wrong. I don't pay much attention to them unless I'm out of affection :p.

But yeah that + the skill that increases your damage if you don't move = a lot of damage.

Speaking of the skill that buffs damage for not moving, it's exploitable via skills that move your character. As long as you don't move normally using just the d pad, you're counted as standing still for those skills. The 5% def buff per turn is useful too.

I kind of hate that the game has "physical" and "magic" and I have no idea which of Trillion's attacks are which

Saphirax

Speaking of the skill that buffs damage for not moving, it's exploitable via skills that move your character. As long as you don't move normally using just the d pad, you're counted as standing still for those skills. The 5% def buff per turn is useful too.

I kind of hate that the game has "physical" and "magic" and I have no idea which of Trillion's attacks are which

Yeah, I've been using that dragon skill pretty much 100% of the time. Some of the skills are worded poorly. Magic isn't all that useful, but there is a skill that lowers magic cost by 10% per level. Except that it works on skills too.

And then there were 2. RIP Ashmedia.

However, I'm now feeling much more confident. With Perpell's and Levia's weapons stuck in its body,
Final Form's
attacks are manageable. They're still coming out ridiculously quickly but I always seem to have a 2-3 square escape option. The downside is that Trillion now seems keener on using its forward thrust attack, meaning it's moving towards the defence line faster. But it's still infinitely preferable to when it was unsealed.

I've been a bit cautious about using items/money so far, but I'm going all in for the next battle with Ruche. If it goes well it'll be the last. Feels appropriate to finish it with her, especially after
the revelation about Trillion's Agent.

Also after some experimenting, I think the Valley of Swords gets better loot after you clear it a few times with the same Overlord, but then resets when you switch to a new one. I got junk on my initial runs with Ashmedia, but after a few clears I started seeing stronger enemies and better items. Found a Pierce weapon seal (normal attack hits 2 squares in front of you) after a handful of runs, which is going to be ridiculously useful for the next fight. Then I tried it just now with Ruche and it's back to garbage again.

I adore the designs in this game. It can't be said enough
You're right that it can't be said enough, so I'm going to say it again. This has probably my favourite designed cast from any game I've played.

bomblord1

Banned
Is it just me or did they rip the games soundtrack straight form corpse party? Especially the title screen and Trillion fights

Also I adore Fausts english VA like seriously.

FiveOVER

Neo Member
What were the developers thinking when they put the final sprint skill in? It's just way too overpowered compared to other skills.

Only read this if you want an easy way to beat the third form. I suggest figuring out your own methods instead. It's way more fun that way.

- Max out the skill that increases armor damage.
- Max out the magic that has the longest range. (Lightning)
- Snipe the body armor until it breaks.
- Trillion nullifies health damage but not armor damage.

bomblord1

Banned
What were the developers thinking when they put the final sprint skill in? It's just way too overpowered compared to other skills.

Only read this if you want an easy way to beat the third form. I suggest figuring out your own methods instead. It's way more fun that way.

- Max out the skill that increases armor damage.
- Max out the magic that has the longest range. (Lightning)
- Snipe the body armor until it breaks.
- Trillion nullifies health damage but not armor damage.

I've been using the final sprint skill and honestly it's not as OP as I was hoping my damage barely goes up only if I can manage to survive for an insane amount of turns does it actually become useful (which is typically at a point where my affection is near 0).

Also regarding the spoilers. Is the
increase to armor damage
really that significant? The skill reads
that it increase your attack by 1 when you hit armor
which is tiny.

FiveOVER

Neo Member
I've been using the final sprint skill and honestly it's not as OP as I was hoping my damage barely goes up only if I can manage to survive for an insane amount of turns does it actually become useful (which is typically at a point where my affection is near 0).

Since the stat increase is based on percentage, the base attack have to reach a certain point before it increases fast enough. I'd say around 300 ATK would do. Not difficult to reach if you focus your points on attack and speed. If you make full use of the movement skills, it is not difficult to survive until the attack stats hit 999.

Also regarding the spoilers. Is the
increase to armor damage
really that significant? The skill reads
that it increase your attack by 1 when you hit armor
which is tiny.

The 3rd form has 70 armor. A lv.3 armor strike means your character deals 4 armor damage per hit. It takes 18 hits to destroy the armor. Less if you have minions to help. Minions are really important in this fight.

bomblord1

Banned
Since the stat increase is based on percentage, the base attack have to reach a certain point before it increases fast enough. I'd say around 300 ATK would do. Not difficult to reach if you focus your points on attack and speed. If you make full use of the movement skills, it is not difficult to survive until the attack stats hit 999.

The 3rd form has 70 armor. A lv.3 armor strike means your character deals 4 armor damage per hit. It takes 18 hits to destroy the armor. Less if you have minions to help. Minions are really important in this fight.
Oh so it's plus 1 to armor damage (total being 70?) specifically not plus 1 to your attack stat when hitting armor?

RIP...

...Trillion. Killed it with Ruche's Death Skill. Probably my most satisfying gaming moment ever. It doesn't count as Ruche dying for the story, since
Trillion's not alive to finish her off after she uses it.
So I got her ending, and jesus, I was not ready for
adult Ruche.
I also wasn't ready for one of the CGs I accidentally saw during the credits (was trying not to look), but that's another story.

I think the last 4 days might be the most engrossed I've ever been in a game. I know that objectively it has a bucketload of flaws, but subjectively it's one of the most enjoyable things I've played. Very glad I didn't wait before starting it, since I think the experience partially relies on you having little idea what you're doing and Trillion intimidating the shit out of you. It also relies on you giving a damn about the characters, which I was initially sceptical about for some of them, but I ended up blubbing over every death scene (as well as a few others).

There's a true ending which I missed by a mile, so that's my next objective. In some ways it's more lenient than the run I just did, so I guess I can relax a bit on my NG+.

There's also something called Challenge Mode that opens up once you beat the game. Basically it's a fresh run where you can pick any character you've previously played as in any order, but there's no retreating allowed and no story (except the intro?). I can only choose from 5 characters, so I'll need to replay the main story anyway to unlock the remaining ones.

I also wasn't ready for one of the CGs I accidentally saw during the credits (was trying not to look), but that's another story.

Yep that wasn't really something I was expecting either. I knew the extra characters you would play as if you went for the true ending, I just didn't expect their cgs to be part of the ending if you finished the game before you got to them. Not really looking forward to that first one.

Free Trillion DLC has released in NA. EU is coming a little later per the IFI twitter. Some of it is Neptunia themed items and a Neptunia skill.

I haven't had as much time with this as I've wanted. Only been able to play it in very short bursts. Haven't even had my second battle with Trillion yet. :/ Luckily I should get some more time to play today.

I think the last 4 days might be the most engrossed I've ever been in a game. I know that objectively it has a bucketload of flaws, but subjectively it's one of the most enjoyable things I've played. Very glad I didn't wait before starting it, since I think the experience partially relies on you having little idea what you're doing and Trillion intimidating the shit out of you. It also relies on you giving a damn about the characters, which I was initially sceptical about for some of them, but I ended up blubbing over every death scene (as well as a few others).

I heavily agree with this statement. This game has a boatload of flaws, a lot based around it's budget or lack thereof, but I am fucking invested in this game.

I really just wish the Valley of Swords sections were longer/more fleshed out.
When I can get into roguelikes, I REALLY get into them so to have just the slight taste of one here is pretty annoying.

Free Trillion DLC has released in NA. EU is coming a little later per the IFI twitter. Some of it is Neptunia themed items and a Neptunia skill.

I haven't had as much time with this as I've wanted. Only been able to play it in very short bursts. Haven't even had my second battle with Trillion yet. :/ Luckily I should get some more time to play today.

The skills seem weird. Like a Kangaroo seems to be Charge Lvl2 but there also doesn't seem to be a way to upgrade any of the skills.

Also when do Devil Envoys open up ? Or am I just blind and missing where you recruit them from ?

The skills seem weird. Like a Kangaroo seems to be Charge Lvl2 but there also doesn't seem to be a way to upgrade any of the skills.

Also when do Devil Envoys open up ? Or am I just blind and missing where you recruit them from ?

You can buy them from the Research tab that also sells items and equipment.

So I got to battle Trillion again with Mammon, and it went much better. Was able to knock a huge chunk of HP out of him. Retreated to train some more rather than going to the next girl.

The DLC has some pretty decent skills and stuff. The Otton attack and Neptunia movement in particular.

When I can get into roguelikes, I REALLY get into them so to have just the slight taste of one here is pretty annoying.

Yeah, I do wish there was more to do in the VoS. Specifically, it would be nice if the further in you explored the more rare items you could get. It's a decently fun area, but it feels like they missed a bit of an opportunity there.

I'm not sure if this is an exploit but if you need more affection points, try the item purchase method, provided that you have gold. Buy 5 diced steak individually since the first item purchase will give you 100k, then 80k, 60k, 40k, and 20k. Anymore purchase after the 5th will only give you 10k. After getting 300k, sell those diced steaks (can't hold more than 9 of the same item), save game and return to menu title. Load game, and repeat the same process. This can easily be done in just 30 seconds.

I'm really low on gold since I lost the 50k bet with Doctor's event lol. Didn't want load previous load since I got fever time.

Edit: source is from gamefaqs

SerTapTap

I heavily agree with this statement. This game has a boatload of flaws, a lot based around it's budget or lack thereof, but I am fucking invested in this game.

Yeah, the writing and feeling of progress (which is then pulled from under your fucking feet) are great. It's a mixed bag but it's so unique it's very compelling.

I also find it hard to play a ton at once, I feel like I've been playing it forever.

Also wish I had the Neptunia characters the whole time, free 10% training buffs that I've been missing the whole game now...

Yeah, I was expecting a lot more from Valley of Swords but it's more about optimizing movement than it is about being a roguelike. The game could use a bit more gameplay and a bit less pure raising sim. I don't mind the raising sim, but I'd much rather raise for 10 days than 100. By overlord 3 I wished I could like plan a week at a time or something.

I've misinterpreted like a Kangaroo. While it's a move skill you also select a target square and then you move somehow (the diagram is .... less than useful for a skill of that nature)

Yeah, the writing and feeling of progress (which is then pulled from under your fucking feet) are great. It's a mixed bag but it's so unique it's very compelling.

I also find it hard to play a ton at once, I feel like I've been playing it forever.

Also wish I had the Neptunia characters the whole time, free 10% training buffs that I've been missing the whole game now...

Yeah, I was expecting a lot more from Valley of Swords but it's more about optimizing movement than it is about being a roguelike. The game could use a bit more gameplay and a bit less pure raising sim. I don't mind the raising sim, but I'd much rather raise for 10 days than 100. By overlord 3 I wished I could like plan a week at a time or something.

The Neptunia character's aren't completely free. They become part of the event pool and their events are not great (if you pick the right item out of the 3 offered you get an item that's about equivalent to the other DLC items) , which is probably significantly worse than some of the existing events.

SerTapTap

I've misinterpreted like a Kangaroo. While it's a move skill you also select a target square and then you move somehow (the diagram is .... less than useful for a skill of that nature)

The yellow square on the diagram is a move square...but unless I'm forgetting, Like A Kangaroo somehow lacks the yellow square? I was confused too.

The Neptunia character's aren't completely free. They become part of the event pool and their events are not great (if you pick the right item out of the 3 offered you get an item that's about equivalent to the other DLC items) , which is probably significantly worse than some of the existing events.

Most of the events have low payout rates anyway though. The best ones by far are the "learn a random skill" ones and all of those seem to have less than 50% chance to happen or are exceedingly rare or both. Like the "extra training" with Buff McCigar or DragonBro one I get constantly, maybe one in five times it actually works. On the plus side you don't get punished for "failing" that one/

The yellow square on the diagram is a move square...but unless I'm forgetting, Like A Kangaroo somehow lacks the yellow square? I was confused too.

Most of the events have low payout rates anyway though. The best ones by far are the "learn a random skill" ones and all of those seem to have less than 50% chance to happen or are exceedingly rare or both. Like the "extra training" with Buff McCigar or DragonBro one I get constantly, maybe one in five times it actually works. On the plus side you don't get punished for "failing" that one/

Ha, so I'm not going crazy. That event really doesn't have any downside so there's no reason to ever turn it down.

(I'm still wondering what the downside to Faust's Body Mod was since it was +100 XP to every stat when it succeeded which is a *lot* of training. Like ~2 Excellents of every training. The downside must have been awful. )

Tf is this nonsense?? Couldn't even make it through the trailer. Vita can't catch a break lol

It's about 20% Rogue Like, 20% Rogue Like Boss Fight, 40% Stat Management Sim and 20% Visual Novel (and also approximately 120% emotional abuse). It's kinda like one of those old stat management dating sims as a result.

bomblord1

Banned
So final sprint caps after a set number of turns. Was expecting to eventually hit 999 on everything by hanging back but most of my skills didn't go over 500 (with the exceptions of 1 that over 800). Still considerably higher than I could have got without it but disappointing to say the least.

SerTapTap

Protip: do not use energy vitamins (reduce fatigue) until you learn the +50% item effect skill. It works on those too, making them MUCH more effective.

Also, if anyone's confused by the bandages, they only heal training injuries. Don't take them into battle, they're useless.

I kind of wish they didn't add Otton, I was enjoying the (mostly) lack of such things in the game. I know I could have just not downloaded him, but still. Also the game has a bit more Haremy stuff than I thought (I started with perpell who just has the least/none of that) but it still doesn't go far into the territory that I usually hate so I can forgive it.

Ha, so I'm not going crazy. That event really doesn't have any downside so there's no reason to ever turn it down.

(I'm still wondering what the downside to Faust's Body Mod was since it was +100 XP to every stat when it succeeded which is a *lot* of training. Like ~2 Excellents of every training. The downside must have been awful. )

Yeah, just keep accepting the training (if it's from the "training buddies", the one from the doctor can give you +30 fatigue if it fails, +20 to all stats if it succeeds, seems 50/50). I've never gotten a benefit from turning it down and it CAN give you a skill.

Usually downsides are just fatigue or nothing (or if you paid money, your money of course). I dont' think I've ever lost XP, a skill, or even gotten injured from an event. It pays to be risky basically, as long as you have some energy vitamins left. The worst case is usually just nothing or +10 to 30 fatigue, which is less than a day of time wasted.

Are the stat gains gained through training different for each overlord? I feel like some stats I trained on Perpell and got good gains on are DEFINITELY not as good on Levia. It seems like each overlord has stats they're good at and gain more in vs others

So final sprint caps after a set number of turns. Was expecting to eventually hit 999 on everything by hanging back but most of my skills didn't go over 500 (with the exceptions of 1 that over 800). Still considerably higher than I could have got without it but disappointing to say the least.

It caps at +200% so to hit 999 you need 333 as your stat without it.

bomblord1

Banned
Are the stat gains gained through training different for each overlord? I feel like some stats I trained on Perpell and got good gains on are DEFINITELY not as good on Levia. It seems like each overlord has stats they're good at and gain more in vs others

I think it's more their base stats are different.

I think it's more their base stats are different.

Hrm. Interesting.

I just keep noticing that when I did Reflex training with Perpell I'd get gains in the 20s and for Levia I only get gains in the 10s.

Also if I kill
one of the orbs in Trillion's dragon form does it stay dead the next time I fight it?

Hrm. Interesting.

I just keep noticing that when I did Reflex training with Perpell I'd get gains in the 20s and for Levia I only get gains in the 10s.

Also if I kill
one of the orbs in Trillion's dragon form does it stay dead the next time I fight it?

No. Only way to make stuff stay dead is to Seal it and even that only lasts until a form change.

Top Bottom