• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 Review Thread

Hanmik

For the reviewer:
Easy to Platinum as the first game? I did it on Vita and PS4 and loved it.

the trophy list is not known.. (as far as I know)

trophies just pop up, but the list is not online yet.. you can't check your trophies yet.

and the team behind the game are wiping the servers (the ones storing ghost runs, treasure photos etc) on the 12th.. so maybe the trophy list will update after that date?

LotusHD

Banned
It feels the game is quite similar than the first one, just with a "bigger" scope.

Yea that seems to be the general consensus from these reviews. A grander, longer version of the first game, I figured as much from the demo.

If you were already a fan of the game, you'll likely love the game. If you really disliked it, then I doubt your opinion would magically change, though the reviews made it seem like the combat additions made things a bit more interesting and not as repetitive. Probably not enough though for those who noted that the game's combat was their main issue. And then for those that just had a few gripes, perhaps the sequel may have the solutions they've wanted.

Is this priced stupidly in other countries or just the UK. £46 isn't going to sell well here.

It'll just do what TLG ended up doing, and go from £40+ to £25 in one fell swoop. I don''t know why these publishers price their games at such unreasonable amounts at launch. I'm about as fanatical as you can get when it comes to Gravity Rush and I sure as hell ain't spending £46 on a game, especially when I know it's going to be discounted in no time.

Would happily pre-order at £35.

LotusHD

Banned
It'll just do what TLG ended up doing, and go from £40+ to £25 in one fell swoop. I don''t know why these publishers price their games at such unreasonable amounts at launch. I'm about as fanatical as you can get when it comes to Gravity Rush and I sure as hell ain't spending £46 on a game, especially when I know it's going to be discounted in no time.

Would happily pre-order at £35.

Well sure, in a perfect world, games in general would be cheaper. But nothing about Gravity Rush 2 leads me to believe that it should be cheaper compared to other games.

ok, I removed screenshot

It'll be funny if people complain on Kotaku's review

Vasili2K38

Good scores! I'm currently playing the first one in the Vita and I love it, a underrated gem. The "falling" mechanic has a bit of learning curve, but when you master it, it's really good.

DunpealD

Good scores! I'm currently playing the first one in the Vita and I love it, a underrated gem. The "falling" mechanic has a bit of learning curve, but when you master it, it's really good.

It is indeed a falling mechanic.
The two styles also affect your "falling" speed. Which means if you want to travel fast switch over to Jupiter Style, due to the added weight.
If you want to avoid a drop from too high putting Kat into the annoying animation where she has to stand up again, you can use the Lunar Style at the last second or utilize the dodge roll.

Hanmik

Are the stealth section that much different from the ones on first game?

not much.. there is a "alert bar" at the top.. once you are spotted it starts filling. Take out the guard spotting you or get out of sight, to make the bar go down.
The biggest problem is not being able to see who spotted you... and you have no indication whatsoever to where the guards are.. it mostly comes down to trial and error runs..

black070

It should be cheaper because it doesn't appeal to me seems to be the general gist here, which is an odd narrative. The title itself is a full fledged release, so I think it more then justifies it's launch price.

sora87

Rrp isn't that at all it's way higher, can't remember many full price titles launching at the £30 mark day one?. I would say the average price is £40 plus day one resident evil is around £42 for example and yakuza 0 is £40. First party titles normally launch a slightly higher price last guardian was £49.99 at launch.

Could find TLG for £39.99 easily tbf. Not sure why Gravity Rush 2 is more expensive than most games, least the reviews are good!

AllGamer

Great reviews. Played the first one on Vita thanks to PS+. Will definitely buy Gravity Rush 2 but it needs to wait. Backlog is just too big.

not much.. there is a "alert bar" at the top.. once you are spotted it starts filling. Take out the guard spotting you or get out of sight, to make the bar go down.
The biggest problem is not being able to see who spotted you... and you have no indication whatsoever to where the guards are.. it mostly comes down to trial and error runs..

Eeh, that kinda sucks, I hope these aren't too much difficult then.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It should be cheaper because it doesn't appeal to me seems to be the general gist here, which is an odd narrative. The title itself is a full fledged release, so I think it more then justifies it's launch price.

i agree. seems like a great title.

Well sure, in a perfect world, games in general would be cheaper. But nothing about Gravity Rush 2 leads me to believe that it should be cheaper compared to other games.

It'll be funny if people complain on Kotaku's review

Well things were quite nice the way they were last gen when your average game was priced around £35 at launch. Now, instead of supporting the devs I want to day one, I have to wait a few weeks for the inevitable discounts to happen instead.

LotusHD

Banned

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, who knows? PAL and NPD charts will be interesting.

i agree. seems like a great title.

Yea like I don't blame a person if they want to get a game on sale or whatever. (Probably sucks a bit more in particular for this game, since everyone thinks it'll flop) But nothing about it indicates that it should be cheaper than other games.

Well things were quite nice the way they were last gen when your average game was priced around £35 at launch. Now, instead of supporting the devs I want to day one, I have to wait a few weeks for the inevitable discounts to happen instead.

Meh, for the games I actually want (GR2, Nier, Zelda, etc.), I buy it Day 1. I do have Prime and such to lessen the blow though, but even if I didn't, I'd probably still pay the full $60. If I'm waiting for a discount or w/e, it's a game I'm somewhat interested in, but not enough to pre-order it or get it Day 1. Right now that's Dishonored 2 for me lol

Hanmik

Eeh, that kinda sucks, I hope these aren't too much difficult then.

they are not "difficult".. just annoying.. One of the sidemissions was driving me crazy.. because the game decided not to use mission markers. The mission could only be finished in one way, while I tried to finish it in several other ways.. and the way to finish the mission is not obvious. You had to trigger a cutscene, and that only happened in one place..

Gekzee

Banned
It's odd that despite all of the great games that came out over the end of last year and some decent ones beginning this year including massive sequels to great games, GR2 is probably the one I'm hyped for the most.

LotusHD

Banned
I wonder if it will stay above 80?

I humorously want it to at least beat FFXV, because while that was my GOTY last year, had GR2 not been delayed, it likely would've taken its place lol, especially considering XV's flaws.

Would be an amusing case of irony for a game that got delayed because of its existence to beat its score.

Vasili2K38

It is indeed a falling mechanic.
The two styles also affect your "falling" speed. Which means if you want to travel fast switch over to Jupiter Style, due to the added weight.
If you want to avoid a drop from too high putting Kat into the annoying animation where she has to stand up again, you can use the Lunar Style at the last second or utilize the dodge roll.

I'm very curious to try the GR2 demo or/and the final release with the new Styles, it seems like a better mechanic to control speed than the falling & falling with speed boost of GR1.

Meh, for the games I actually want (GR2, Nier, Zelda, etc.), I buy it Day 1. I do have Prime and such to lessen the blow though, but even if I didn't, I'd probably still pay the full $60. If I'm waiting for a discount or w/e, it's a game I'm somewhat interested in, but not enough to pre-order it or get it Day 1. Right now that's Dishonored 2 for me lol

There's a very big difference between £46 and $60, or at least there was before Brexit happened and killed the pound stone dead. A year ago, £46 equated to around $85 or so.

EGOMON

Or Sony thinks lower price wouldn't drive newcomers and instead wants to profit from the smaller hardcore base.

This^
I want to play the game but can't justify more than $40 price, Sony should just look at their own example to realize sometime pricing can drive a success of games (see: Ratchet & clank)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Giving the direction of where you're being spotted from sounds like something that could be patched in. I typically really dislike stealth sections, so I hope the developers can make it as painless as possible.

Top Bottom