• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I cant wait to make vehicles later tonight. That's all i will be doing. Hovercrafts cars and rollercoasters. I am a huge physics based gaming person. I wish I did not have a test to study for. :lol I hope all of you have luck finding the game early. This will probably consume so much of my time.

I got a beta key but never got into the beta so I will be ultra fresh.

Have there been any major changes from the beta to this. Do levels take up less thermometer and is there a bigger area you can build in?

Superbone

Costanza said:
That was dumb.

I don't know. It's kind of cool to see all the negative review points in one place. I mean no game is perfect. There are some areas they can clean up for LBP 2. :) But yeah, they are mostly minor and some contradict others.

There's no way to make a perfect editor that's easy to use but extremely deep. But MM did a pretty great job at it.

mr_nothin

Banned
Superbone said:
I don't know. It's kind of cool to see all the negative review points in one place. I mean no game is perfect. There are some areas they can clean up for LBP 2. :) But yeah, they are mostly minor and some contradict others.

There's no way to make a perfect editor that's easy to use but extremely deep. But MM did a pretty great job at it.
Ummm, i think they achieved that with the editor.

One should expect it to take some time and patience to create something that other devs are creating.

But people can make levels...and easily.

Ranger X

Superbone said:

That's so false. Unless you mean so extremely deep that it would create games that we can't even see on PS3 and 360 right now.

spwolf

it is pretty hilarous - metacritic is 96 average so far, while user rating is 5.9 - with 1569 votes so far... :lol

womfalcs3

Banned
DMPrince said:
anyone got their mini guide from amazon.com? i would like to have it too if it's worth having.

No e-mail from them yet. I believe they will send the e-mail after the game releases.

spwolf said:
it is pretty hilarous - metacritic is 96 average so far, while user rating is 5.9 - with 1569 votes so far... :lol

Man ... some fanboys must be all pumped up and tossing the "1 bomb" at it. :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
FWIW, you can't detach a jetpack with the face buttons - only shaking - tried it tonight.

Loving the different costumes. I did the savannah levels as a zebra, then had full lion getup, and now I'm dressed as a beautiful senorita :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Fenderputty said:
Man ... some fanboys must be all pumped up and tossing the "1 bomb" at it. :lol

I'm really curious about the motivation behind this.. looking at other ps3 (and indeed 360) games, there doesn't seem to be this kind of score spamming. Why LBP? :|

I presume their system would be sophisticated enough to weed out repeat votes from a small number of people. Has some forum 'declared war' on the user rating for LBP or something?

spwolf said:

Man, this couldn't have been just a bunch of random dudes. This was probably a organized attack and the results have been excellent(for them) :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Flek said:
I just created a level called "trophy whore" where you get 3-4 trophys after playing it. So its basically just for getting the 4x 8x and 20x trophy and eventually one more. It is finished and i will put it online as soon as MM switches the servers to ON. Here is a youtube video of it :

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkz0c-PgBSk (i dont know why but the sound isnt in - whatever)

so if you want easy trophys feel free to use my level for it ;P

bah, 8x is easy enough on the meerkat bounce level...

is there a list of trophies published in the OP yet?

Ranger X

gofreak said:
I'm really curious about the motivation behind this.. looking at other ps3 (and indeed 360) games, there doesn't seem to be this kind of score spamming. Why LBP? :|

I presume their system would be sophisticated enough to weed out repeat votes from a small number of people. Has some forum 'declared war' on the user rating for LBP or something?

Xbots are angry at the PS3 getting the GOTY that's all. They need to maintain the "PS3 has no games" reputation. After November NPD result they will all go cry in a corner and try to like Banjo. Actually i feel for them. :lol

Wurm

Banned
My god is today dragging :lol

I feel sorry for the postman tomorrow. I will not feel sorry for him (or the consequences) however if he does not yield THE GOODS.

I've also been thinking about what the first big 'content pack' and what I want it to have in it.

- Climbable material. Basically a material where if you grab it, you go into climbing mode. This would open the game up a lot more vertically, and allow for platforming exploration like in the Knytt freeware games.

- In a similar vein, a Magnet material. 2 pole attributes, and maybe another material which is a SackMagnet, in that it essentially switches the gravity around. This could be set to a timer or permanently on with a radius of its effects.

I'd want both of these before any kind of water is introduced, but when it is:

- Have an entire content pack themed entirely around Water. Not only have water as a material to swim in, but also include "Water Pistols" to add the extra dynamic of a proper 'weapon' for sackboy. Its cute, non-lethal and will enable all those more confrontational designers to make more 'hardcore' megaman/etc styled levels.

I'm also interested as to whether the 'Freeze' lethal material will have made its way into there. No-one has commented that it has or hasn't yet, so wondering if its on the cutting room floor..

iceatcs

Rice-Eater said:
Man, this wasn't just a bunch of random dudes. They've been planning this for months now and the execution has been excellent :lol
It is obvious that one person (we know who - someone GAF or Redmond for sure) doing that. If you refresh about every 5 mins and you can see the number of voter increasing.

Dever

Banned
gofreak said:

Not only is it exclusive, many people will probably vote 1 because it looks kiddy and "ghey".

Ranger X

Wurm said:
My god is today dragging :lol

I feel sorry for the postman tomorrow. I will not feel sorry for him (or the consequences) however if he does not yield THE GOODS.

I've also been thinking about what the first big 'content pack' and what I want it to have in it.

- Climbable material. Basically a material where if you grab it, you go into climbing mode. This would open the game up a lot more vertically, and allow for platforming exploration like in the Knytt freeware games.

- In a similar vein, a Magnet material. 2 pole attributes, and maybe another material which is a SackMagnet, in that it essentially switches the gravity around. This could be set to a timer or permanently on with a radius of its effects.

I'd want both of these before any kind of water is introduced, but when it is:

- Have an entire content pack themed entirely around Water. Not only have water as a material to swim in, but also include "Water Pistols" to add the extra dynamic of a proper 'weapon' for sackboy. Its cute, non-lethal and will enable all those more confrontational designers to make more 'hardcore' megaman/etc styled levels.

I'm also interested as to whether the 'Freeze' lethal material will have made its way into there. No-one has commented that it has or hasn't yet, so wondering if its on the cutting room floor..

The biggest, best and more sandboxing addition for me would be:

- Music edition module
- Jump after a grab
- Liquids

TheOddOne

Ranger X said:
common, i had to post that classic type of answer :lol

''After November NPD result they will all go cry in a corner and try to like Banjo. Actually i feel for them. ''

You sneaked edited that one fast didn't ya :lol but whatever i'm having a blast :lol :lol :lol

CoG

http://forums.metacritic.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/217108/m/3280066675?r=5720068675#5720068675

I wrote this as an email to Metacritic:
I'm used to seeing a lot of premiere games on Metacritic get lower user scores because of fanboys, particularly Halo 3 receiving a 7.4 compared to a critic 9.4 rating. I have to say that the most impressive one I have seen yet is LittleBigPlanet which has a 6.2 user rating with 1168 votes (Halo 3 has 1813 votes and it has been released for over a year) and the game hasn't even been released yet. It doesn't even have any user reviews (how can you review a game that hasn't been released yet?) I mean seriously either there is some scripting going on are some CRAZY fanboy alliance.

I received this response:
Hey Alex,

We're on the verge of a redesign which will seriously curtail that type of thing. Our main product is the Critic score, but you're right that certain idiots are trying to manipulate the fact that we don't requre a full registration to vote for stuff.

We're aware of the situation and should have it resolved soon,

thanks,

Marc Doyle
metacritic.com

Also would like to note LBP now has a user score of 5.9 with 1524 user ratings that's about 400 more since I sent the email yesterday. Yeah, I am definitely suspecting a script of some sort. That's more votes than Metal Gear Solid 4 (1434) which was released June 12th.

Ranger X

TheOddOne said:
''After November NPD result they will all go cry in a corner and try to like Banjo. Actually i feel for them. ''

You sneaked edited that one fast didn't ya :lol but whatever i'm having a blast :lol :lol :lol

glad to share laughter ;)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
list of trophies in the game. I've spoilered the hidden ones just in case. I have no idea why they're hidden in the game but the full descriptions are below. I'm assuming its fine to post these, as you can see them immediately in the XMB when you have the game.

from nexgn.com

Bronze Trophies

The Gardens - Complete all levels in The Gardens
The Savannah - Complete all levels in The Savannah
The Wedding - Complete all levels in The Wedding
The Canyon - Complete all levels in The Canyon
The Metropolis - Complete all levels in The Metropolis
The Islands - Complete all levels in The Islands
The Temples - Complete all levels in The Temples
Expert Creator - Complete all levels in the tutorials
Artist - Place a sticker
Homemaker - Place 10 stickers or decorations in your pod
Fashion Sense - Choose a costume for your sackperson with at least one item on your head, at least one item on your body, and a material
Forager - Collect 25% of the prize bubbles on the story levels
Sticky Fingers - Collect 50% of the prize bubbles on the story levels
Treasure Hunter - Collect 75% of the prize bubbles on the story levels
2X Multiplier! - Get a 2X Multiplier
8X Multiplier! - Get a 8X Multiplier
Incredible Speed! - Travel at incredible speed
Incredible Height! - Travel to an incredible height
Friendly - Complete a level with more than one player
Party Person - Complete a level online with 3 other players who are on your friends list
Socialite - Complete a level online with 3 other players who are not on your friends list
Top of the Class - Win a 4-player game
Traveler - Complete a community level
FIRST! - Be among the first 10 people to complete a community level
Opinionated - Tag a community level
Neighborhood - Watch Heart 5 community levels
Networking - Heart 3 authors
Talkative - Post a comment on a community level
Creator - Build and save a level with the thermometer more than 30% full
Team Creator - Build and save a level with more than one player with the thermometer more than 30% full
Publisher - Publish a level
Look What I Made! - A level you published was played by 5 or more people
Trendsetter (Hidden) - Place a sticker or a decoration on another player’s sackperson
Cranium Collector (Hidden) - Kill 100 Creatures across all levels
Secret Stickerist (Hidden) - Unlock the race in First Steps
Sackbird (Hidden) - Spend 8 seconds or more in the air

Silver Trophies

Just Beginning - Complete all the main path story levels
20X Multiplier! - Get a 20X Multiplier
Hi Score - Collect 1,000,000 points over all levels you have played
Booty Master - Collect all the prize bubbles on the story levels
Dr Frankenstein - Create a living creature with at least 2 eyes, 2 legs or wheels, and a brain
Crowd Pleaser - A level you published was played by 50 or more people
Feel the Love - A level you published was hearted by 10 or more people
Celebrity - You were hearted by 5 or more people as a player

Gold Trophies

Play - Complete all story levels without dying, with the exception of those levels that only end when you die
Create - A level you published was hearted by 50 or more people and you were hearted by 30 or more people
Share - Play 150 community levels, tag 50 community levels and heart 10 community levels

Platinum Trophy

Earn all LittleBigPlanet trophies to unlock this platinum trophy

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ranger X said:
Xbots are angry at the PS3 getting the GOTY that's all. They need to maintain the "PS3 has no games" reputation. After November NPD result they will all go cry in a corner and try to like Banjo. Actually i feel for them. :lol

:lol

Good show.

Flek

Banned
mrklaw said:
bah, 8x is easy enough on the meerkat bounce level...

is there a list of trophies published in the OP yet?

yeha 8x but you can also get the 20x and the "Hi Score
Collect 1,000,000 points over all levels you have played" trophy after finshing my level. Infact i got a 79x once :lol

Ranger X said:
You're telling me. I've felt nothing but the flamethrower on high from them with my RRoD level on youtube. Probably didn't help when I added the "cry moar" annotation on my vid. :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
donkey show said:
You're telling me. I've felt nothing but the flamethrower on high from them with my RRoD level on youtube. Probably didn't help when I added the "cry moar" annotation on my vid. :lol

lol, got a link to that please?

Teknoman

donkey show said:

Well to be fair, there were too many crudly put together "3sixty sukz" LBP levels posted on youtube. They probably saw your level and just lumped it in with the rest without even watching the video.

Kagari said:
lol, got a link to that please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUNgGhOsJRM

Some of these people act like he suplexed their grandma or something.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
mr_nothin said:
Ummm, i think they achieved that with the editor.

One should expect it to take some time and patience to create something that other devs are creating.

But people can make levels...and easily.
There is a lot of power user type things still missing from the editor that are probably intentionally sacrificed to promote ease of use. That's just how things go in software.

Simply the fact that you have to use a controller makes it not as quick/powerful as it could be. I mean as an engineer, I want to be able to make a block that is 8.4x10.6 positioned at 2.3,3.0 and I want to be able to do that by typing those values in.

You can get there, but it takes a lot more effort than simply being able to type that into some sort of properties grid. Many people probably also want to have power over all of the physical properties of objects. How high is the gravitational constant, how much do things weigh, exactly. Exact frictional coefficients, etc.

I'm sure I could go on with more and more editing functionalities that I would prefer to be there but never expect to see added because of ease of use constraints. Overall I think MM found a pretty good balance but to think it is both perfectly easy and perfectly deep is silly.

neoism

Play - Complete all story levels without dying, with the exception of those levels that only end when you die

man thats fucking hard

Teknoman said:
Well to be fair, there were too many crudly put together "3sixty sukz" LBP levels posted on youtube. They probably saw your level and just lumped it in with the rest without even watching the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUNgGhOsJRM

Some of these people act like he suplexed their grandma or something.
I kinda wish I did. :lol

Man, it's rather scary what the mentality of a lot of gamers are out there. And there's much stupidity on both sides of the PS3/360 hatefest. I mean, I'm no fanboy in the least... I mean my entire 360 is literally chromed out.

Regardless it was pretty funny seeing the reactions of the xbots.

Kagari said:
I loled. Nice level design!

Haha, thanks! It was my first level, too.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I know you can't have "videos" in your levels like the tutorials, but I heard that one of the Parsons levels used a cool technique for animations. They pasted a sticker on a circlular plate, had it rotate, and then put a cover over the plate with one "wedge" cut out so you could only see one part of the sticker. So it was sort of animating. I hope to see more of this type of ingenuity in the final game. I bet people will come up with even better solutions.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
neoism said:

man thats fucking hard

I *hope* that means over time, not all at once without losing one life. So you can die multiple times across levels, but you have to have completed each one at least once without dying.

Teknoman

donkey show said:
I kinda wish I did. :lol

Man, it's rather scary what the mentality of a lot of gamers are out there. And there's much stupidity on both sides of the PS3/360 hatefest. I mean, I'm no fanboy in the least... I mean my entire 360 is literally chromed out.

Regardless it was pretty funny seeing the reactions of the xbots.

Haha, thanks! It was my first level, too.

Heres some award winning comments from the video:

"dude, the original xbox was a copy of the ps2"

"i bet u as much money as u want that the only reason y u hate the 360 is cuz u wish sony had the brains to create amazing game as which microsoft duz, in other words Pshit 3 is...shit"

"Your an idot!"

"i dont like this game :S
its like a mario of super nintendo whit HD
grafics and u can put shit on u char(cloths and these pise of dick), woow!is so incredible!! -..-? XDDDDDD"

Flek

Banned
really the only thing missing in the editor is custom pictures (not just for ps eye cam users..) custom sounds and cutsom videos. With those 3 things you could do batshit awesome levels. But well i think you can dooooo so mouch already. LBP really lives up to the hype.

For exampe the final level of the wedding mission, holy fuck that whas SOO awesome.

Top Bottom