• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 7

At first I wasn't worried, but four 2-0 losses in a row must have smashed their confidence. Faker's been repeatedly caught overextending and trying to do too much, wasting his Flash in the first couple of minutes almost every game. I still think they'll get it together for playoffs, but Samsung, KT and Longzhu look like they'll hold spots 1-3 going in and so they might need to win 3 series there to avoid going to the gauntlet for Worlds qualification (depending on other results).

faridmon

i have been told that they might miss out on World qualifications, is that true?

I assumed that the fact that they won the Spring split, they would automatically qualify for Worlds

It's possible that they could. If they keep sliding like this they would probably have to qualify in the post season gauntlet to choose third seed. Even going 0-9, these players have such a history that I'm not going to assume they're out of worlds contention until they drop out of the gauntlet.

I agree with YamatoCannon's post-game talk - take as many inhibs as you can, probably 3, then run for it. With sOAZ already in base you're pretty safe. Trying to down a full HP tower without minions was a terrible mistake - it's way too tanky.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I don't follow League as much as I used too

is Faker still considered the best player in the world?
pretty much

although not as dominant as he was
Dardoch has fucked up every chance he has had to prove that he is not an issue lmao

seriously

if he could just chill and work on improving himself he could be a top tier jungler

but instead he's throwing away all these chances at redemption

Vena

seriously

if he could just chill and work on improving himself he could be a top tier jungler

but instead he's throwing away all these chances at redemption

His invading always ruins his team's games. I've never considered him *that* good compared to his peers.

The fact that he's a toxic little shit is just icing.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Over the course of the split, we found that Joshua “Dardoch” Hartnett did not align with our focus on teamwork and culture. We therefore brought in Omar “Omargod” Amin as part of a six-man roster in order to show Dardoch what a group of five people invested in teamwork can accomplish.

Rip dardochs career after this? Only question is why did tl pick him back up?

What I don't understand is how Steve is giving Dardoch another chance after they released a video to show off his big attitude problems and why they released him in the first place. The dude was giving major lip to the guy giving him his paycheck. I'd buy that Steve is doing what he needs to for his team to succeed if he wasn't bringing back a guy who actually creates issues with current members of the team. Piglet isn't going to magically work better with Dardoch. Dardoch isn't going to suddenly stop being an ass. I just don't understand this move.

What I don't understand is how Steve is giving Dardoch another chance after they released a video to show off his big attitude problems and why they released him in the first place. The dude was giving major lip to the guy giving him his paycheck. I'd buy that Steve is doing what he needs to for his team to succeed if he wasn't bringing back a guy who actually creates issues with current members of the team. Piglet isn't going to magically work better with Dardoch. Dardoch isn't going to suddenly stop being an ass. I just don't understand this move.
He promised Steve he was reformed :^)

Tizoc

These matches are becoming 10 minutes too long if not 15 :v
I'm starting to think that whoever has a trista on their team has a higher chance of winning.

This College team, Team Liquid is playing pretty well in game 4

Also kinda sad for dota2 to have 650k ppl watching their finals on YouTube + twitch
This promotion tournament with teams no one likes is doing 100k

Zig completely choked at the end of game 5. Threw out one awful Rumble ult when TL sieged bottom inhib, then didn't use it at all (what the hell?!) when they pushed through the last inhib with multiple members below half HP. Needed to take charge of comms there and tell his team to dive them with it. Mickey carried the series for TL. Their bot lane lost 4 games out of 5, neither jungler did too much, top lane was irrelevant, but both mids did great work, Mickey when it counted. Matt's Bard was a great gambit in game 5 too, though.

This College team, Team Liquid is playing pretty well in game 4

Also kinda sad for dota2 to have 650k ppl watching their finals on YouTube + twitch
This promotion tournament with teams no one likes is doing 100k

Is that if we don't count China? Because I'm pretty sure China's not viewing the game on twitch. And it's also not counting people watching the finals in game.

janoDX

Is that if we don't count China? Because I'm pretty sure China's not viewing the game on twitch. And it's also not counting people watching the finals in game.

Valve said Dota Finals were watched by 4.7 million people

You know what baffles me?

TL Dota 2 being so glorious winning what it is the World Championship of Dota 2 meanwhile and at the same time TL LoL struggling with Challenger teams.

Valve said Dota Finals were watched by 4.7 million people

You know what baffles me?

TL Dota 2 being so glorious winning what it is the World Championship of Dota 2 meanwhile and at the same time TL LoL struggling with Challenger teams.

The difference is that TL's Dota team had champions who have a history of being pretty good players.

Boo H2K and UoL for not picking fun champions

Yeah it was sad. H2K didn't even win with their tryhard picks.

I'm so disappointed C9 lost game 4.
My boy Sneaky clutched it at baron, then threw it right after by standing on Taliyah's Seismic Shove.

I'm so disappointed C9 lost game 4.
My boy Sneaky clutched it at baron, then threw it right after by standing on Taliyah's Seismic Shove.

Double AD comp is on a timer. Phreak pointed it out at one point after C9 lost 3 team fights in a row when he says, "I don't think C9 can win these fights anymore." At a certain point, they basically had to surrender.

Not the worst draft if you can close out, but they couldn't do it.

Top Bottom