• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 7

I feel that WildTurtle is just an average ADC. Kinda consistent but can't be pushed to do wonders when needed.

Doublelift's micro is outstanding. I still remember his Lucian from a few months back where he looked like he was ulting but was actually stringing everything so smoothly, and this was before they buffed his cast speed.

clemenx

Banned
If an Ori does no damage that's on the player. It has always bugged me how she's always painted solely as a "control mage" Ori does insane damage as well.

Why doesn't Galio mid build at least RoA or something? Just put him top if he's gonna be full tank, no?

If an Ori does no damage that's on the player. It has always bugged me how she's always painted solely as a "control mage" Ori does insane damage as well.

Why doesn't Galio mid build at least RoA or something? Just put him top if he's gonna be full tank, no?
Ori takes too much work to do damage, then the pro's don't do it so she does little til like 35 minutes

Galio mid having no AP is dumb as well. If you get some your Q would hurt most junglers/arc/support

This IMT game is 5 damage vs 3

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Echo Fox looking fcking good this week!
I mean...they are looking at easy games for week one. I don't think they looked that strong. Their play calling still is not really there so all they can do is strangle teams out and brute force a win. It doesn't work against better teams.

TheFlow

Banned
Echo looked solid but still made a lot of mistakes against weaker teams.

CLG not only played strong, but actually solid comp picks.

Immortals were scary.

I am actually excited because anything can still happen this split. Lot of upsets, and questionable decisions for everytime though.

faridmon

Echo looked solid but still made a lot of mistakes against weaker teams.

CLG not only played strong, but actually solid comp picks.

Immortals were scary.

I am actually excited because anything can still happen this split. Lot of upsets, and questionable decisions for everytime though.

Yeah, I am sure teams like TSM and C9 will bounce back, but I really enjoy this upsets all of the park so far. hope it continues.

I am not sure what to make of Team Liquid though. They could be good or bad.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah, I am sure teams like TSM and C9 will bounce back, but I really enjoy this upsets all of the park so far. hope it continues.

I am not sure what to make of Team Liquid though. They could be good or bad.

lol nah. TL just has inferior players outright. Look at their macro. they suck at farming even when kills are close together.

I like watching LCK the most. because if a top tier team makes a mistake they can actually lose for it, same can't be said for LCS.

TL's lack of response to Echo Fox's lane swap in game 1 was just really sad. You shouldn't get two towers (plus half of mid tower, plus a cs discrepency) for free just by plonking Galio against their bot lane while they abandon Shen to get pushed in for five minutes. Macro befitting a bad challenger team.

Really hope EFX can continue their good start. They had their moments last season, but their bot lane struggled hard towards the end of the split and teams got a better handle on Akaadian's early game aggression (not TL today, obviously). And IMT, courtesy of Pobelter playing out of his mind, got a banner win against TSM, so maybe they're going to be a big factor this split.

i don't like pro's disrespect towards Ocean Drakes. sure 1 ocean drake is useless but you kill it so something else can spawn and if a 2nd one spawns THEN it's good.
Cloud you just kill to get it out of the way unless you get 3 of them lol

faridmon

i don't like pro's disrespect towards Ocean Drakes. sure 1 ocean drake is useless but you kill it so something else can spawn and if a 2nd one spawns THEN it's good.

I agree, in fact I hate the fact some Drakes are prioritized over others. I honestly think having 2x Cloud Drake is massive, considering it could be the difference between getting a kill or not.

The problem is spending resources to kill first Ocean might cost you objectives somewhere else in the map. Why would you ever trade Ocean or Cloud for a turret or Herald?

faridmon

is this lck finals? this game is fucking good.
Also *Kirks voice* KHAANNNN! I'm surprised this isn't a meme yet on reddit.

Khan is killing it so far. I was kind of disappointing with him against bbq, but the focus on the pick and ban stages was on him. (His fiora kind of sucked)

But he is owned Huni in the first game

Soooo good

Edit: SKT win on that second game. why on earth was Zed picked against a Lulu. in fact why was Zed picked against a comp like that.

The problem is spending resources to kill first Ocean might cost you objectives somewhere else in the map. Why would you ever trade Ocean or Cloud for a turret or Herald?
There are numerous times where nothing is being pressured and they still don't take it. And it's not like dragons early take much depending on the comp

Also just saw that Afreeca/Samsung throw. Man how far Kuro has fallen and how he still seems to have a champion depth problem

There are numerous times where nothing is being pressured and they still don't take it. And it's not like dragons early take much depending on the comp
It's not just having nothing to get on the map, teams are never gonna do Ocean / Cloud unless they can get it completely uncontested. Ocean and Cloud will fuck your team up if the enemy forces a contest, doing those "just because" is a quick way to get aced which is why no one really goes out of their way to do them.

DBwT_AOUwAAyhvK.jpg:large

this meme team is going too far with this draft

dimb

Why don't teams ban Ashe again?
It isn't really a power pick. If your ADC or bot lane has weak players the utility can make up the gold deficit in mid/late. These are pro players on LAN though, so you really shouldn't see too many arrows hit. Someone like Svenskaren really has no excuse, but it was also a result of poor vision, which also falls on the support and midlander.

Kangi

Sven feeding, check.
Dardoch flip-flopping between stomping and losing his mind, check.
FlyQuest suiciding by way of not banning a 100% banrate champion, check.
Team Liquid Team Liquiding, check.

Another fun day in the NA LCS.

Vena

they were smart enough to trick Bjerg into going Galio mid again for the free win. they messed up being too greedy when they were down in game 3

They'd have lost if they didn't try for the win, it was simply not a good position to be in at that moment. Biofrost and Svenskeren played the defense damn-near perfectly with the minion aggro and subsequent defense.

If they hadn't pushed for the win, Bio and Sven still had the buff to ram their base when the team had respawned and Hauntzer was tearing them apart 5v1. That match was over if TSM was allowed to respawn. When you are seeing your team get near mauled to death by a Renekton in a 5v1 in the late game, you know you've fucked up nigh-irreversibly.

Galio in G3 was just terrible.

NSESN

They'd have lost if they didn't try for the win, it was simply not a good position to be in at that moment. Biofrost and Svenskeren played the defense damn-near perfectly with the minion aggro and subsequent defense.

If they hadn't pushed for the win, Bio and Sven still had the buff to ram their base when the team had respawned and Hauntzer was tearing them apart 5v1. That match was over if TSM was allowed to respawn. When you are seeing your team get near mauled to death by a Renekton in a 5v1 in the late game, you know you've fucked up nigh-irreversibly.

Galio in G3 was just terrible.
I disagree. They could get the inhib and then sacrify someone to escape. Renekton late game is weaker than Galio so they could stall the game a bit.

dimb

I disagree. They could get the inhib and then sacrify someone to escape. Renekton late game is weaker than Galio so they could stall the game a bit.
No...gold deficit was way too big. Not possible to hold. The game was over. Aphro made a big play and they did their best with the window but you are not going to get another catch like that.

NSESN

No...gold deficit was way too big. Not possible to hold. The game was over. Aphro made a big play and they did their best with the window but you are not going to get another catch like that.

I don't think it was impossible. Aphro could get another play like that. TSM also is known to not close properly.

Vena

I don't think it was impossible. Aphro could get another play like that. TSM also is known to not close properly.

That was a lucky initiation, and they still almost got erased in the backline by Hauntzer.

TSM would have, on respawn, marched down the middle with their whole team together, and two players with Baron, and ready to initiate a siege on your base. That game was over.

Galio was simply too far behind Renekton, and Renekton was still too fed relative to the entirety of the rest of CLG. There's just something irreversibly wrong with how you've played when you find your entire team losing to Renekton in the late-game. He's not a hyper-carry, you just royally fucked up.

NSESN

That was a lucky initiation, and they still almost got erased in the backline by Hauntzer.

TSM would have, on respawn, marched down the middle with their whole team together, and two players with Baron, and ready to initiate a siege on your base. That game was over.

Galio was simply too far behind Renekton, and Renekton was still too fed relative to the entirety of the rest of CLG. There's just something irreversibly wrong with how you've played when you find your entire team losing to Renekton in the late-game. He's not a hyper-carry, you just royally fucked up.
Hauntzer didn't kill anyone there. The game was aproaching a phase where gold leads doesn't matter and baron was almost over. I also don't believe in "lucky" initiations.

clemenx

Banned
Jesus, Goldenglue is such a non factor DPS wise... I feel for Piglet.

Just roll the dice putting Lourlo on Fiora every game to see if something sticks.

And Lol at the 8/1 Olaf being useless late.

Haven't been so enthralled in a game as I was just there between IMT and C9. Super intense and well played by both teams. Xmithie's baron steal the big highlight. Jensen nailing ice cold Shockwaves and ending up 10-0-3 at one point, Flame splitpushing C9 to death like it's 2013, Cody Sun staying calm under intense pressure, Pobelter applying relentless pressure around the map and using Taliyah's wall as well as anyone I've ever seen. Lots of high stakes gambits and clever rotations. Great example of the classic splitpush v teamfight strats.

Top Bottom