• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 7

how you let them get a Penta with some rocks

all these Ori picks when that champ still sucks and you can whiff her entire ult

during CLG game where they had 3 oceans, Blitz recovered half his hp in 1 minute

Game 3 of TSM/C9 was slick. Love seeing one of my favourite champs played so well in a difficult comp to execute (Nunu).

And KT just ran into the wall that is SKT. Smashed the hell out of them in the first game and built up big leads in both 2 and 3, but SKT simply refused to lose. Their understanding of late game teamfighting is unparallelled, as shown in game 2. They narrowed in on the goal of giving Bang a few seconds free time and committed Gnar and Ori ults to buy it for him, and Bang himself used his arrow expertly to head off Score's flanks. And Faker's Orianna was devastating despite the scoreline. His surprise Corki roam in game 3 to catch Smeb when he thought he was safely staying away from Untara was genius. Unarguably the best team in the world, 4-0 in series over KT so far this year.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If Jenson was not mediocre to trash on my boy they would have won game 1
Are you sure you watch these games? Jensen is the highest KDA player in NALCS and it's not even close. They lost game one because Ray was running around in circles through the jungle.

Are you sure you watch these games? Jensen is the highest KDA player in NALCS and it's not even close. They lost game one because Ray was running around in circles through the jungle.
He got 1v1 at one point and it was just plain dumb after I saw it and then I posted that after I saw it
And I saw him waste his ult a few times on bad targets

All the good in the world...still only does as much to champs as gragas why don't ppl just play gragas mid again if he does as much with much less than Galio

No one watching Rift Rivals? Games have been super fun, it's a neat idea I hope they expand it next year.

I'm watching Rift Rivals, I just don't check this thread much outside of LCS because almost no one is around to talk during EU events or even a couple recent international events.

clemenx

Banned
NA - EU turned so boring in a hurry. Would have never expected this kind of difference.

Hopefully some things change in EU after this humilliation.

Leezard

NA - EU turned so boring in a hurry. Would have never expected this kind of difference.

Hopefully some things change in EU after this humilliation.

Yeah, EU teams gotta work some more to show up better at Worlds.

I hope Rift Rivals will return more years, it's a good event to have.

NSESN

EU always do bad in these mid split tournaments. Yet they do well in the end of split. remember all the hype TSM had after IEM in 2015 that quickly went away after MSI. I think it has a lot of to do with EU teams not taking regular season games seriously, the "Soaz" effect.

And I wouldn't call this a humiliation, it is more like they didn't give a fuck about the tournamente. Perkz was playing better than bjergsen this year but then went back to his 2016 self.

dimb

EU always do bad in these mid split tournaments. Yet they do well in the end of split. remember all the hype TSM had after IEM in 2015 that quickly went away after MSI. I think it has a lot of to do with EU teams not taking regular season games seriously, the "Soaz" effect.

And I wouldn't call this a humiliation, it is more like they didn't give a fuck about the tournamente. Perkz was playing better than bjergsen this year but then went back to his 2016 self.
Of course it's a humiliation. The EU scene looks terrible coming off RR and there is no real hope for things to right themselves anytime soon. Saying that they didn't care or didn't try is an even bigger joke and regardless of the case it would just reflect on how bad the teams are. EU doesn't magically become some kind of force of power, they just had one team luck out with brackets at Worlds last year.

NSESN

Of course it's a humiliation. The EU scene looks terrible coming off RR and there is no real hope for things to right themselves anytime soon. Saying that they didn't care or didn't try is an even bigger joke and regardless of the case it would just reflect on how bad the teams are. EU doesn't magically become some kind of force of power, they just had one team luck out with brackets at Worlds last year.

It is overreaction at its finest.

dimb

Okay. Top two current NA teams did not even participate in Rift Rivals and EU is struggling to take games, so the team that advances for them went 3-3 in groups. Then EU goes 0-3 at the end. But they must just be having a goof.

See this isn't fair. When the outcomes of the tournament are either 'lul NA got crushed' or 'EU never shows up at these tournaments, it doesn't count' why should anyone care about your opinion? I was ready for NA to get stomped and I would've just said 'welp, that's life as an NA fan' then been pleasantly surprised. Fnatic got their dream team comp that they've been dominating the EU with and still got crushed. Throwing your best strategies at teams and losing isn't 'not caring'. It's finding out maybe your strategies aren't bad.

I don't think this tournament means a lot for worlds because to roughly quote doublelift, EU is not a bad region. They'll take this tournament and learn from it and probably incorporate stuff they lost to and get better. But this tournament was humiliating because people were expecting FNC to go 5-1, 6-0 and they only took games off P1. TSM out team fought UoL. G2... well they've been having troubles in the EULCS.

In this tournament NA was better. One side didn't care more or less. It doesn't mean NA is always better as we know from plenty of past experience.

NSESN

See this isn't fair. When the outcomes of the tournament are either 'lul NA got crushed' or 'EU never shows up at these tournaments, it doesn't count' why should anyone care about your opinion? I was ready for NA to get stomped and I would've just said 'welp, that's life as an NA fan' then been pleasantly surprised. Fnatic got their dream team comp that they've been dominating the EU with and still got crushed. Throwing your best strategies at teams and losing isn't 'not caring'. It's finding out maybe your strategies aren't bad.

I don't think this tournament means a lot for worlds because to roughly quote doublelift, EU is not a bad region. They'll take this tournament and learn from it and probably incorporate stuff they lost to and get better. But this tournament was humiliating because people were expecting FNC to go 5-1, 6-0 and they only took games off P1. TSM out team fought UoL. G2... well they've been having troubles in the EULCS.

In this tournament NA was better. One side didn't care more or less. It doesn't mean NA is always better as we know from plenty of past experience.

It is something that always happenned with EU, old Fnatic was like this, last year H2K was like this, Origin with Soaz was 100% this. I am not saying that it is good. You could argue that it is one of the motives EU is way behind Korea.
I think that was the reason S5 FNC and G2 before this split were so dominant. They were the only teams that took their regular season seriously. I also think that's why EU teams were so good before LCS era.
If there's one thing NA teams, and TSM in particular excels at is taking regular season seriously. Every split is the same TSM starts bad but gets much better at the end of it, and then it pays off in the play-offs. China and EU don't so no matter how much talent they have they can't complete against Korea that has both talent and good practice.

faridmon

Anyone watching the LCK?

The last 2 rounds have been amazing

- SKT losing twice in a row (Losing 2-0 in both of them) and looking fairly weak. Huni have been found pretty hard and Marin of Afreeca and CuVee of SSG just plain destroyed him

- Lungshzuu continue to be amazing. Communicate well, and just play aggressive while adapting to different styles and formation. Khan is absolute monster on Carry champs and the Rookie BDD is also plain amazing to watch

- You all need to watch that MVP x Rox Tigers. seriously, just watch it!

- KT Rooster just plain struggling against the minnows Ever 8 while beating the likes of SSG and Longzhuu

Leezard

Anyone watching the LCK?

The last 2 rounds have been amazing

- SKT losing twice in a row (Losing 2-0 in both of them) and looking fairly weak. Huni have been found pretty hard and Marin of Afreeca and CuVee of SSG just plain destroyed him

- Lungshzuu continue to be amazing. Communicate well, and just play aggressive while adapting to different styles and formation. Khan is absolute monster on Carry champs and the Rookie BDD is also plain amazing to watch

- You all need to watch that MVP x Rox Tigers. seriously, just watch it!

- KT Rooster just plain struggling against the minnows Ever 8 while beating the likes of SSG and Longzhuu
It is crazy. Jin Air Greenwings just won 2-0 against SKT T1. How is this happening.

faridmon

It is crazy. Jin Air Greenwings just won 2-0 against SKT T1. How is this happening.

Just saw that

Its beautiful what is happening.

I have a feeling that Huni is not happy about the lack of confidence by the team and is gonna leave SKT by the end of this summer, or is that just me?

clemenx

Banned
LCK the past weeks is how I wish pro lol was more often. Everyone is so close in level and games have been tight and fun. Seriously fun stuff.

Top Bottom