• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUPARSTARX said:
Can't wait!! few more days!!

claimed!
hightemplarportrait_static.jpg

lol I took that one three posts above yours! You can have it. juniors. :lol

overseerportrait_static.jpg

claimed.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
watervengeance said:
I don't see why they would change it.

I was expecting them to lowball the beta requirements so that they could test the game on lower end machines. At the very least, I was expecting a change in the "recommended" specs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Second time going through OP... so ridiculously good. Best OP ever?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Reserving my spot for the awesomeness.

Just hope they give us some opportunity to play as Zerg in the campaign, if not for a brief period. After all, you got to control multiple different races in all the Brood Lord campaigns if I'm not mistaken...

ZealousD

Just want to call attention to this one part of the OP, as I'm sure it's easily missed in the Bonus Media section.

This is a video series I recorded of all the story sequences in the original Starcraft. If you need a quick story refresh before playing SC2, you need to watch this.

Milabrega

ZealousD set up so many people claiming these avatars, I understand why he's doing it though. So when they have their Gaf avatar rights taken away, they'll know what its going to be like when they first pop onto Bnet2.0 a week from now and experience all of the online multiplayer features Acti-Blizzard has restricted that we used to take for granted in every other PC game.

Amazing OP!

http://beta-us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/22212

What A Long, Strange Trip It’s Been

by Zarhym
// Jul 20, 2010 1:46:06 AM UTC

It doesn’t seem like that long ago that StarCraft II was announced. It’s been just over three years since that news broke, but the game has been through various concepts and stages of development for far longer. We’ve seen StarCraft II mature and grow throughout its infancy, and now it's almost ready to be released into the world. No part of this process has been more exciting and demanding than the extensive beta testing we’ve been conducting since February of this year. With the release of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty rapidly approaching, let’s take a casual look back at some beta highlights. Slippers are suggested footwear for reading this article.

When the beta test first began, demand for keys was high. Enthusiasts were invited to participate in the beta test through many different methods, whether opt-in or via promotional opportunities. Let us look back with nostalgia on the key grab which took place on the StarCraft Facebook page. While it wasn't the most exhilarating promotional method at first (with only a few given out each day), that was quickly rectified with a relaunch of the contest, which then resulted in the distribution of many more beta invites. With a great deal of anticipation, excitement, and momentum from the community of testers we’d assembled, we were very quickly under way. Players began giving feedback on everything from the user interface, new Battle.net design, and leagues and ladder functionality, to art direction, unit types, and game balance. Optional surveys linked to from within the game delivered us responses from tens of thousands of testers.

Of course, not everything was perfectly balanced and many changes were made along the way. Who could forget about the epic mothership or planetary fortress rushes destroying just about everything in their wake? And what good was a force of battle-hardened units when SCVs could get the offensive job done just fine? Oh and yes, honey, we shrunk the Thor. Watching battles play out with that behemoth hogging the map was certainly interesting, so much so that the terrans had to make some budget cuts and buy smaller parts.

One real game changer was the long-awaited introduction of the StarCraft II Editor. Custom map creation was available in late April, and map publishing became available approximately a month later. Committed testers painted the Internet red with footage of their unique maps, match shoutcasting, and live game streams. Some of the more popular videos racked up hundreds of thousands of views. There are still a great many gems out there if you haven't taken the time to check them out.

It’s been a true pleasure to present years of work to our playerbase through the beta test. The beta has come to a close and the full game, including the single-player campaign, will hit stores shelves next week. As you’re installing your copy, don’t forget to reflect on all of the information we’ve released about StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, the quirky bugs and balance issues tackled during testing, and last but not least, all of the blood, sweat, and tears of our testers -- your help was invaluable in making this the best game possible! Until then, we’d love to hear your reflections on all things StarCraft II, from the initial announcement, to any beta testing experience you had or videos you've watched.

Cheers!

P.S. In before “yo mommaship.”

jasonng

ZealousD said:
Just want to call attention to this one part of the OP, as I'm sure it's easily missed in the Bonus Media section.

This is a video series I recorded of all the story sequences in the original Starcraft. If you need a quick story refresh before playing SC2, you need to watch this.

I was looking for this too. Thanks Zealous! Can't wait to play with you guys again. I've gotten better!

ZealousD

Milabrega said:
ZealousD set up so many people claiming these avatars, I understand why he's doing it though. So when they have their Gaf avatar rights taken away, they'll know what its going to be like when they first pop onto Bnet2.0 a week from now and experience all of the online multiplayer features Acti-Blizzard has restricted that we used to take for granted in every other PC game.

:lol

Honestly, I set them to have a height of 120 pixels, thinking that would be fine. But I forgot that the system worked the other way around.

dwin45

I am interested in putting this game on my laptop with an i3 processor and 4GB of RAM. I don't have any video card though. How will this game run?

Moussi

dwin45 said:
I am interested in putting this game on my laptop with an i3 processor and 4GB of RAM. I don't have any video card though. How will this game run?
well you still have to have a video card. D:
Since it has an I3 processor I'd be willing to bet it has a decent integrated card. Do you have a link to the laptops specs? better yet go to your display properties and check your settings. We'll be able to figure out your integrated card.

dwin45 said:

terribly. sorry. terribly sorry. :-/

BTW zealous, I imagine you may already know this but a quick fix to the avatar size thing is just to run them all through irfanview batch resize them all to 90x120. I did that to mine and it still looks good, only an 11 pixel stretch.

watervengeance said:
If you're lucky, probably on low settings.

nope. at least, when i use my integrated card it runs like utter shit, I'm talking about the 4500mhd too. SO skippy in the menus too of all things. his i3 probably isnt very far from my 2.4ghz c2d either.

dwin45

I think the integrated card is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD.

graphic.png

nope. at least, when i use my integrated card it runs like utter shit, I'm talking about the 4500mhd too. SO skippy in the menus too of all things. his i3 probably isnt very far from my 2.4ghz c2d either.

Shit.

ZealousD

-Eddman- said:
Thanks, now my reaction changes from "wow" to "fuck you Blizzard!". So now we are getting a shitty dubbed/crippled version of the game. Hope the american one works here as well :(

You can get the DD version for the normal price if you want the unlimited plan.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that Latin America is being placed on the same server as the US.

Zyzyxxz

Amazon's SC2 CE has been pre-ordered since it was available and I can't believe its finally coming!

Bring on the great plethora of custom maps!

my God, I remember back when the beta OT went up....so insane, 6/2009 FFS. It was like like 8 months after that that the beta freaking started, and it's been 5 months since then!

Damnit blizzard.

traveler

Not Wario
It's amazing (or kind of disheartening, depending on your opinion of WoW) to think that this is the first non-expansion release by Blizzard in 6 years and the first non-expansion RTS release by Blizzard in 8 years.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jasonng said:
Yoshichan, I recall you giving up on this game multiple times during the beta.[/QUOTE]
Haha, that's just me raging when getting 6-pooled...! Did someone ever believe I gave up?! :lol

Chony

I'm going to be in Korea for another month and a half, will I be able to play this at the PC rooms with just access to the computers or will I have to purchase the Korean version of the game or something similar? I usually just play off my steam account at PC rooms here (my laptop sucks) also because all the games (sans starcraft) are in Korean without an English option, thence, will there be an English option in the Korean version? I'm a little bit confused, I guess I could just wait until I get back to America (cries).

ZealousD

Chony said:
I'm going to be in Korea for another month and a half, will I be able to play this at the PC rooms with just access to the computers or will I have to purchase the Korean version of the game or something similar? I usually just play off my steam account at PC rooms here (my laptop sucks) also because all the games (sans starcraft) are in Korean without an English option, thence, will there be an English option in the Korean version? I'm a little bit confused, I guess I could just wait until I get back to America (cries).

If you have a Korean WoW account by any chance, you get to play SC2 for free.

Otherwise, you'll want to buy a one month subscription, which is 9,900 won (~$8).

I don't know whether an English option exists for the Korean version or not. It'd be kind of funny if it didn't, considering that English was the only option in Korea for SC1. :lol

-Eddman-

ZealousD said:
You can get the DD version for the normal price if you want the unlimited plan.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that Latin America is being placed on the same server as the US.

Looks like I'll be importing a US one anyway, I'm a big Blizzard fan and have physical copies of most of their games. I just can't stand mandatory localizations, it's totally cool if they want to show interest in the Latin market, but at least give me the option to switch to the original language if I don't like the localization (according to some sites, most of the unit names are horrible, they're renaming Reapers as some indigenous deity, WTF!).

Damn, this is the worst thing I have heard in the whole week, had so much fun in the Beta :(

Moussi

dwin45 said:
I think the integrated card is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD.

graphic.png

Shit.
Fucking intel has ruined PCs when they put this fucking garbage in every god damn PC.
Yea, I'd say low on your native resolution..

Yoshichan

Got the CE preordered, 60 bucks! SO worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom