• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykra

watervengeance said:
Idra gg's. I felt like Idra was a bit TOO aggressive with his zerglings but didn't do any damage at all.

Actually if he had attacked the zealot for those 3-4 seconds he miss clicked he would have taken the game right there, shame :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

mr stroke

Great OP!!!!

can't believe its almost here. CE version at midnight(if GS does a midnight release?)

any word on if the game will let you use AA in the retail version?

ZealousD said:
Here's the Wall of Shame from the beta thread.

wallofshame.jpg

Hazaro wins... by a single post!
Man and I stopped post 2 months ago

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man, I feel crappy not being in the Wall of Shame... it felt as if I complained something at least one time every day!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
And that fellas, is why you don't wait until 200/200 to attack.

Sykra

Idra got scared or something, because there was a window for attack when 1st two collosi were building. If he had a-moved into tester's base he would have won that fight.

Yoshichan

ZealousD said:
And that fellas, is why you don't wait until 200/200 to attack.
Lesson learned.

I'm still amazed that Tester was able to get Stargates, Blink Stalkers, Two Robotics Facilities, Upgrades, healthy gateway units, and more on only TWO BASES. What the hell?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
watervengeance said:
I'm still amazed that Tester was able to get Stargates, Blink Stalkers, Two Robotics Facilities, Upgrades, healthy gateway units, and more on only TWO BASES. What the hell?
The magic of being Korean?

Man I have like 3 bases and I cant get enough for alot of that stuff :lol

mcrae

ZealousD said:
Here's the Wall of Shame from the beta thread.

wallofshame.jpg

Hazaro wins... by a single post!

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 183 posts? i just made it in! lol

looking forward to playing with you guys once the game is out. i'll actually be bothered to add everyone since it will finally have stopped resetting over and over

GJ on the OP, ZD

Yoshichan

piratepwnsninja said:
Any idea if there is a review embargo and when it's up if there is one?
How does one even review the online parts when there's (barely) no one to play against? That's the thing that always bothered me with reviews :/

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Dam, is pre-load awfully slow for anyone else? I'm downloading the USA version even though my recommended area is Latin-America, mostly because I don't want a dubbed version. Maybe that's the cause? The downloader has 70 hours to go....

Yoshichan said:
How does one even review the online parts when there's (barely) no one to play against? That's the thing that always bothered me with reviews :/

I'd guess sites could do a single player only review then do a multiplayer review. I know that some sites have done this for some games in the past, though its a rarity.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
piratepwnsninja said:
Any idea if there is a review embargo and when it's up if there is one?

I don't think we've heard either way. But when in doubt, there's an embargo.

Lonely1 said:
Dam, is pre-load awfully slow for anyone else? I'm downloading the USA version even though my recommended area is Latin-America, mostly because I don't want a dubbed version. Maybe that's the cause? The downloader has 70 hours to go....

Try turning off Peer-to-Peer in the downloader options. I've heard that helps some people.

Yoshichan

piratepwnsninja said:
I'd guess sites could do a single player only review then do a multiplayer review. I know that some sites have done this for some games in the past, though its a rarity.
Yeah IMO that's the only thing that would make any sense for a game like this... but then again, I've never seen any sites do this.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
One more question. I'm planning on buying the USA version even though I'm Latin America based, mostly because I hate dubbed games. Will I have any problem playing this online?

Corran Horn

Lonely1 said:
One more question. I'm planning on buying the USA version even though I'm Latin America based, mostly because I hate dubbed games. Will I have any problem playing this online?
Maybe some lag but you should be fine if you have USA account.

Yoshichan said:
They'll host an event where the reviewers and journalists all play against each other.

Yoshichan

MrCompletely said:
They'll host an event where the reviewers and journalists all play against each other.
Oooh, that's how they do it? Kinda cool, I guess.

EDIT: Hmm, all those avatars are scaling 90px × 137px...

Yeah Zealous mentioned earlier he didn't size them right, so everyone who has claimed an avatar from the OP needs to resize them.

Also for some reason I thought SC2 was $50 on Amazon this whole time. Guess I'll just go to a midnight launch then, I was okay with waiting until morning to save $10, but oh well.

Max

I am not Max
Is it wrong to want to buy this for the single player? I'm not really into competitive battle.net matches.

Will UMS be present? Should I bother?

Max said:
Is it wrong to want to buy this for the single player? I'm not really into competitive battle.net matches.

wrong? to buy sc2 for any reason? shirley you must be joking.

Corran Horn

Max said:

Should be tons of UMS support. Was a nice abit for the beta.

Yoshichan

GUYS.

so everyone who has claimed an avatar from the OP needs to resize them.

LaneDS

Excellent. Had my Best Buy CE preorder cancelled on me so thanks for the heads up on the Amazon CE availability. Release day delivery with Prime is oh so sweet.

After nearly 600 matches in the beta (which I'm sure compared to a lot of people here isn't all that much, scarily enough) I am both totally psyched and somewhat ready for the 27th. I say somewhat because I certainly have a long way to go before I'll call myself good at SCII.

Oh, and awesome OP Zealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom