• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

Bisonian said:
2bc8ygg

BRINGGGGG ITTTTTTTTT.

Awesome OP Zealous, that complaints page is epic and sadly needed. One more week!

Nice picture, who took it? Keke.

Does anyone know why the hell they took Tychus off the cover and replaced him with a super-generic looking Raynor? The Tychus art had so much more personality.

zoukka

BananaBomb said:
Does anyone know why the hell they took Tychus off the cover and replaced him with a super-generic looking Raynor? The Tychus art had so much more personality.

He's the main character?

And yes game of the forever going by the beta. I'm thinking of changing my avatar for the first time in years :eek: Maybe mod my current one or just draw a new one.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but there's an error in the OP under the "Download section"

Currently it reads:

"If you intend to purchase a digital copy of StarCraft II instead of a digital copy"

Shouldn't it be:

"If you intend to purchase a digital copy of StarCraft II instead of a physical copy"

Sorry if not.

LaneDS

zoukka said:
He's the main character?

And yes game of the forever going by the beta. I'm thinking of changing my avatar for the first time in years :eek: Maybe mod my current one or just draw a new one.

Nothing wrong with a temporary change of avatar to celebrate the GOTF!

LowParry

fanboi said:
No since it would destroy the lore without mercy.

And they would be uber powerful.

:(

Would be so fun to have a zerg/protoss race in MP. Ah well. Four years later though. The Queen Bitch of the Universe surely has preserved.

LaneDS

fanboi said:
No since it would destroy the lore without mercy.

And they would be uber powerful.

They could bring them down from god-like level in SC2 and the expansions, leaving them as an option for SC3 (in 2025).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ZealousD said:
Starcraft 2 Official Thread - The Abridged Version

It comes out July 27th for PC and Mac.

Blizzard made it.

It's good.
It's... beautiful.

Swag

Great OP, thinking of cutting my vacation early by 2 weeks and going back to the USA so I can play this before school starts :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Avatar list in the OP has been updated to reflect current claims.

Yoshichan said:
GUYS.

so everyone who has claimed an avatar from the OP needs to resize them.

I've already resized the avatars. Anybody who directly linked to the Photobucket account I had setup for these is already in the green. If you're not seeing that change, do a force refresh so that your browser ignores your current cache. CTRL+F5.

However, anybody who moved an avatar to their own host needs either needs to grab one of my updated avatars or resize the avatar themselves. If I see any stragglers on this by tomorrow, I'll send PMs.

Hypno Funk said:
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but there's an error in the OP under the "Download section"

Thanks for the tip. It's fixed now.

Rez said:
It's... beautiful.

See!? Now everyone is happy!

Jokey665

Sebulon3k said:
Great OP, thinking of cutting my vacation early by 2 weeks and going back to the USA so I can play this before school starts :lol
Heh, I go on vacation for two weeks on Wednesday, so I'll be gone for launch :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Truant said:
Am I the only one playing this exclusively for the campaign?
prior to the beta I would have been like you, but after realising how great the matchmaking is I'm actually really excited for the MP.

Big Chungus

If I buy the digital download version of SC2 off battle.net, can I play with friends located in any region (north america and south america)?

Swag

Truant said:
Am I the only one playing this exclusively for the campaign?

I'm going to be really wary of the MP for a while after launch, I've never been good at RTS games and I know I'm probably going to be terrible at this for quite a while.

Truant

I enjoy playing skirmish on the easiest setting, and build the biggest base possible with cool base layout and whatnot.

LaneDS

fna84 said:
If I buy the digital download version of SC2 off battle.net, can I play with friends located in any region (north america and south america)?

Any region, no. I'm not sure if North and South America are considered different regions, but I'm guessing yes they are. You'd need two copies in that case. I'm not a Battle.net 2.0 hater, but that part certainly sucks.

I'm so incredibly hyped for this. I guess the fact that the campaign is split into expansion packs will allow for a longer and more epic storyline so I don't really mind it anymore.

Too bad I need an upgrade for this :/

Big Chungus

LaneDS said:
Any region, no. I'm not sure if North and South America are considered different regions, but I'm guessing yes they are. You'd need two copies in that case. I'm not a Battle.net 2.0 hater, but that part certainly sucks.

That sucks since you could play on North American and South American servers using the North American client.

ChRoNiTe

Awesome thread. I've got my copy paid for and ready to pick up day of release. Hard to believe I've been waiting for this game for a decade.

LaneDS

fna84 said:
That sucks since you could play on North American and South American servers using the North American client.

For the beta? If that's the case, then you'd probably be able to do the same in retail. Like I said, I wasn't sure if North and South America count as a different region or not. If Battle.net considers them the same, then you should be able to only buy one version of the game.

Big Chungus

LaneDS said:
For the beta? If that's the case, then you'd probably be able to do the same in retail. Like I said, I wasn't sure if North and South America count as a different region or not. If Battle.net considers them the same, then you should be able to only buy one version of the game.

Sorry I meant to say the WoW NA client allowed you to play on NA and SA servers.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm pretty sure that NA and SA go onto the same server. If you go onto the new battle.net site, it splits the world into 5 regions. Americas, Europe, Korea, China, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia.

LaneDS

ZealousD said:
I'm pretty sure that NA and SA go onto the same server. If you go onto the new battle.net site, it splits the world into 5 regions. Americas, Europe, Korea, China, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia.

Nice, sounds like you're in luck then fna84.

zoukka

Why fear the online? There are people like you in there and the matchmaking is good. Or hook up with a GAF newb party and build cities together.

Acidote

zoukka said:
Why fear the online? There are people like you in there and the matchmaking is good. Or hook up with a GAF newb party and build cities together.

There's no people like me out there. I've been crushed in every single match I played in the beta. I'm just too bad for anyone else.

LaneDS

Playing through all of the campaign and the challenges (which are designed to make you a better player) should hopefully get some of the folks too gun shy to try MP to actually give it a whirl. And doing things like reading this thread or watching replays being cast online will do wonders for your game.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Acidote said:
There's no people like me out there. I've been crushed in every single match I played in the beta. I'm just too bad for anyone else.
Play against me. There is no fucking way you are worse than me. I am by the far the worst SC player I know of.

Nyx

The CE will be delivered here on monday, then I need to wait another month before I can play cause my GFX card died... (and I don't have enough cash for the CE and a new card in 1 month)

Oh well...

Truant

godhandiscen said:
Play against me. There is no fucking way you are worse than me. I am by the far the worst SC player I know of.

That would be me.

I feel like playing SC multiplayer is like trying to become a professional soccer player at the age of 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom