• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

His potential is up there and when he's played he has shown marked improvement.

The problem is that he has missed the majority of his first two seasons due to injury and legal trouble. My feeling is that if he gets a full season he can prove himself as a very capable CB.

Not a bust considering he's only been in the league for two seasons, but he's already had two knee surgeries and two serious altercations involving police officers.. he's being forced into the starting line up by necessity and we'll have a definitive answer on him by season's end.

Didn't realize he had the injuries and legal troubles. Too bad, because he looked like a big and physical corner who could match up well with the likes of Megatron, Jennings, and now Brandon Marshall.

Doorman

Kind of late with this but who is Jacob Lacey and should I fear him getting burnt every Sunday?

He was a corner with the Colts last year. IIRC he's only like 24 so still a young guy, from what I hear he did o.k. but not great in the Colts' secondary (then again, who did play well on the Colts as a whole last year?). I wouldn't worry too much about him getting burnt because I don't think he'll be in the starting lineup.

At least, he won't until about week 4 when the typical Lions tradition of their first three or four defensive backs getting injured kicks in.

How the hell is FF8 the best FF
W4jO3.gif

Jtrizzy

Vikings fans...are you hearing the rumors that they might take Claiborne over Kalil now?

Panther blogosphere is trying to figure out how far we could trade up packaging J stew with the #9 pick.

Vikings fans...are you hearing the rumors that they might take Claiborne over Kalil now

Yeah I have been hearing rumblings.

I have to be honest. I would really prefer Kalil. It's not the glamour pick but he will instantly secure our entire left side of the O-Line and make Ponder/AP/Gerhart better instantly.

With that said, after watching video on Claiborne I would not be blindly enraged by it. He is an exceptionally talented player at a position we need. I would still want Kalil though as he is by far and away the third best player in the draft.

I wont get into trading down but that might be our best option.

Jtrizzy

I you are a Browns fan what would you want? Stewart is proven and young with low mileage, put that with the 9 pick. Or just make that trade with anyone above us considering Richardson...

Jtrizzy

I think it's trade bait talk.

Stewart will end up in Denver if there is no trade up. They need a back plus Foxy obviously likes him... Panthers can't keep Tolbert, Stewart, Williams, and Goodson. Besides the low mileage, Stewart will be playing for a new contract next year, which never hurts. Signing Tolbert was a pre emptive move knowing that we can't resign Stewart after already committing to DeAngelo.

And for the first time since I've been a member, I won't be posting on gaming side at all during E3.

The trick is to not get angry about video games and you will be fine, especially at E3 time.

It's totally nuts how serious some people take things over there. Mention that you enjoy MGS4 and you have laid the groundwork for a bloodbath.

Safe bet though.

snesfreak

Banned
I was banned for the last e3 and nba finals :[
Hey, saw you quit irc before I could ask.
You think you could add another OP for the channel?
Since you're not always around, and just in case someone comes in there trying to cause trouble or something.

squicken

If the Vikings take Claiborne at 3, I will be enraged. It's Kalil or a trade down. Although Frazier has really been about Blackmon in interviews lately.

There is some question about his base strength. He's certainly not the next Ogden or Pace. I think it's just a soft draft, and even though there are 5 or six guys who separate from the others, that's more an indictment on the rest of the class.

Claiborn isn't in Peterson's league but will go in a similar slot as he did.

I'm thinking I might take up a Viking avatar.

I've got a goofy Ponder pic that I've been wanting to use for a while.

Edit: Sweet Jesus what have I done?

Top Bottom