• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

eznark

Banned
At this point we should probably start finding a new place to go. Seems kind of obvious sports talk flat isn't welcome here.

h3ro

So, just a heads up for those who view the forum via their phone during the day: this subforum isn't visible on the mobile app site. Only way to get to the thread right now is via Subscriptions.

cajunator

Banned
So, just a heads up for those who view the forum via their phone during the day: this subforum isn't visible on the mobile app site. Only way to get to the thread right now is via Subscriptions.

This forum section is perfectly viewable on my phone.
Its not a mobile app though, its the dolphin browser on android.

h3ro

This forum section is perfectly viewable on my phone.
Its not a mobile app though, its the dolphin browser on android.

Yeah, you can read the forum via the regular URL. The mobile app is fantastic though, well formatted and good customization options for how you view the threads. Sucks that those who already left for work today and didn't subscribe to the threads won't be able to see them while using it.

Milchjon

Yeah, you can read the forum via the regular URL. The mobile app is fantastic though, well formatted and good customization options for how you view the threads. Sucks that those who already left for work today and didn't subscribe to the threads won't be able to see them while using it.

Could someone who's using the mobile app post a direct link to this thread for people like me who never used subscriptions? Thanks.

Striker

Yeah the tab is better than what it was earlier this morning. I wonder if there's a change in the title, like OT Community so it isn't confused with the Gaming type?

should just rename this the Cleveland Browns OT

It's a work in progress, I understand. You guys should be a bit more patient.

It's a five year plan which was set back when my deal to trade nba gaf, nhl gaf, mlb gaf, and the bronies was refused by Hitokage for a lesser deal with eznark...who only traded an fmt ban and 3DS thread derail.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I've seen enough silly anti-sports sentiment from some mods that I don't really care what their ultimate goal might be. That the piss on steaks and the cuckold discussion threads seem more acceptable to them for OT discussion just makes this whole thing stupid.

eznark

Banned
I've seen enough silly anti-sports sentiment from some mods that I don't really care what their ultimate goal might be. That the piss on steaks and the cuckold discussion threads seem more acceptable to them for OT discussion just makes this whole thing stupid.

There is a dedicated thread to Alex Smith?

bionic77

Ugh. I can't access the site on the mobile app. That is like where I view and post from 90% of the time.

Am I going to have to go back and start discussing sports with my friends (none of whom are big sports fans) again?

One of you web nerds start a new forum to compete with NeoGAF. Nerds who like sports are obviously not wanted here. Now I know what a black person in Wisconsin must feel like. :(

eznark

Banned
should just rename this the Cleveland Browns OT.

It's a work in progress, I understand. You guys should be a bit more patient.

I have no patience for fixing things that aren't broken. The first thread dear leader posted provided no real reasoning behind it and the implementation is scattershot at best. All the stickied threads, poligaf and a handful of other large OT's are moved while Formula 1, comics and others remain. It's nonsensical.

I also need to rethink the way I make threads for interests. I made a general Tested thread, however if that results in the thing getting moved to the dungeons, I'd just as soon make a new thread for each piece of content I find interesting on the site and each new podcast.

Slo

I for one have no problem with being segregated away from the weirdo threads. Now how do we tell the ponies thread that they aren't welcome at the cool kids table?

bionic77

I have no patience for fixing things that aren't broken. The first thread dear leader posted provided no real reasoning behind it and the implementation is scattershot at best. All the stickied threads, poligaf and a handful of other large OT's are moved while Formula 1, comics and others remain. It's nonsensical.

I also need to rethink the way I make threads for interests. I made a general Tested thread, however if that results in the thing getting moved to the dungeons, I'd just as soon make a new thread for each piece of content I find interesting on the site and each new podcast.
Sports talks somehow offends gaming nerds. Just like liking a console that they don't own or saying that a game that didn't sell 5 million copies is good.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I for one have no problem with being segregated away from the weirdo threads. Now how do we tell the ponies thread that they aren't welcome at the cool kids table?

Wait what?

:(

And yes I think the 4 forum solution is ideal. It looks like that's what they are working at, and if that's the case then I'm a happy camper.

Slo

Good point. Giant |OT| threads are the preferred format, but if they get popular enough they get sent to purgatory. That encourages you to make smaller event threads so they get more eyeballs by staying in Off-Topic.

Maybe in Week 1 we should make 16 individual event threads in Off-Topic, one for each game. It'd be interesting to see the fallout.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Good point. Giant |OT| threads are the preferred format, but if they get popular enough they get sent to purgatory. That encourages you to make smaller event threads so they get more eyeballs by staying in Off-Topic.

Maybe in Week 1 we should make 16 individual event threads in Off-Topic, one for each game. It'd be interesting to see the fallout.

Don't be stupid. Having a weekly thread for NFL games and a general NFL community thread is a good idea, in fact its really the ideal. Doing what you propose is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Fox318

tKU4i.png

Vikings.

Top Bottom