• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

McShay has a new mock up. The only reason I bring it up is for LJ11 who has an admitted man crush on his Giants pick at #32:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/37589/weve-got-ourselves-a-new-mcshay-mock

Round 1, pick 32: Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska

Round 2, pick 63: Mitchell Schwartz, T, California

If the Giants came out of the first two rounds with a linebacker and a tackle, I'd have to think they'd be thrilled. And if David is still there at 32, he's the kind of value pick the Giants wouldn't be able to pass up.
So apparently your both on the same line of thinking on what the Giants will do, LJ.:D

Striker

I won't buy the Giants drafting a LB in R1 until they finally do so. With Reese mentioning Mike Boley's name in at ILB (smokescreen perhaps), along with Herzlich and Jones, I'm not sure it's a big need for them. They can roll with Williams-Boley-Kiwanuka at LB next season, and look to bring back Blackburn or Goff if one comes back when he knows they aren't worth too much.

I've been watching more of Doug Martin and Lamar Miller at HB and they're pretty interesting. I can see DE, OL, or WR also in that pick.

Striker said:
I won't buy the Giants drafting a LB in R1 until they finally do so.
I see it as more probable than RB at this point. There's some quality talent to be had in this draft at the position.

If Boley moves inside, then we're likely going to ask Sintim (coming off of an ACL tear) to move outside on Boley's side as well. It's doable especially since those won't be the majority of plays. We're usually in the big nickel package anyways.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
As long as we take Kalil, I'll be happy with our draft.

Funny thing about teams taking OTs in the first five picks of the draft.

Not a single one has won the Super Bowl in the past decade.

In fact, only Jonathan Ogden (drafted by Baltimore in 1996) and Orlando Pace (drafted by St. Louis in 1997) helped their team win a Super Bowl!

jakncoke

Banned
OT and Gaming Ghetto now. Our ghetto>>> their ghetto.

Gaming Ghetto come out and play-i-ay

warriors-come-out-and-play.jpg

Funny thing about teams taking OTs in the first five picks of the draft.

Not a single one has won the Super Bowl in the past decade.

In fact, only Jonathan Ogden (drafted by Baltimore in 1996) and Orlando Pace (drafted by St. Louis in 1997) helped their team win a Super Bowl!

But to be fair, one of them is the Cleveland Browns.

BigAT

So the new sub-forum link header at the top of OT takes up pretty much the same amount of space as the old stickies used to. What was even the point?

RBH

So the new sub-forum link header at the top of OT takes up pretty much the same amount of space as the old stickies used to. What was even the point?

eznark put it best when he said that all of this change is basically "solving" a problem that doesn't even exist.

jakncoke

Banned
To clean up the OT.

There needs to be more room for dog peeing on steak threads.

Yeah, I don't see why it needed more space. OT is filled to the brim with terrible threads. May as well just shut that bitch down. It's useless. Change OT to HEREBETHESPORTSBITCH section

effzee said:
What did he say?

Here you go:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...riffin-iii-doesnt-fit-with-shanahans-offense/

“A lot of times ego gets too involved when it comes to being in Washington,” McNabb said.

Where ego comes into play, McNabb said, is that the Shanahans think a quarterback has to fit himself into their offense — the same offense that Kyle Shanahan ran when he was the Houston Texans’ offensive coordinator — rather than tailoring their offense to accentuate the quarterback’s strengths.

“Here’s a guy coming out who’s very talented, mobile, strong arm, we’ve already heard he’s intelligent, football mind,” McNabb said of Griffin. “Are you going to cater the offense around his talent, and what he’s able to do, or are you going to bring the Houston offense with Matt Schaub over to him and have him kind of be embedded in that?”

McNabb then took a shot at both Mike Shanahan and the other quarterbacks who have played for them, saying that Shanahan hasn’t had success with a quarterback since John Elway in the 1990s.

“We talk so much about Mike Shanahan and the things he was able to do in Denver,” McNabb said. “Well, I have a couple of names for you that Mike Shanahan — quarterbacks he’s coached — and the lack of success that he’s had.”

At that point, McNabb ran down the last decade of quarterbacks Shanahan has coached (although McNabb curiously excluded himself from the list) and proceeded to suggest that the win-loss record proves Shanahan had failed with all of them.

“We had John Beck, who was 0-4,” McNabb said. “Rex Grossman: 6-11. Jay Cutler, who was his prize possession: 17-20. Jake Plummer, a guy who had success, led them to the AFC Championship against Pittsburgh, as we know, and then benched him the next year, because he wouldn’t do what he wanted him to do. Brian Griese, who was supposed to be the heir apparent to John Elway, hasn’t had a lot of success.”

McNabb then suggested that if Shanahan can’t make the offense work with Griffin, Shanahan could be fired at the end of the season.

“I don’t think it’s a good fit,” McNabb said. “If this doesn’t work this year, if we don’t see a splash like a Cam Newton splash, this could be it. . . . How long does he have with RG3? The seat is hot right now.”

McNabb compared his own talents to Griffin’s talents, and McNabb indicated that Shanahan doesn’t know how to use a quarterback with those talents.

“I was misused,” McNabb said. “Absolutely, I was misused.”

And McNabb thinks Griffin will be misused, too.

jakncoke

Banned
McNabb should come to a better conclusion. All the qbs he just listed either sucked/ him getting old and shitty. Shanahan just sucks with having a good qb after Elway retired.

In a bathroom stall right?

edit: after further reflection, you made a very Ray Lewis statement.

8lkIz.jpg

I do what I gotta do

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Where ego comes into play, McNabb said, is that the Shanahans think a quarterback has to fit himself into their offense

learning the playbook is probably the minimum...

effzee

I could see his point because its obvious since Elway, Shanahan the supposed QB guru hasn't replicated that success. He also seemingly likes to stockpile old and over the hill RBs. But on the other hand McNabb has to look at himself for a lot of his own failures since leaving the Eagles. Its not like he scrambles or likes to move around much so even if Shanahan tried to do that how would it work? But yeah a lot of what happened in Washington was weird to the point that ungodly creature Banner spoke out against it.

And I keep hearing from Redskins fans that he didn't work hard or was lazy there, which is weird because despite all his accuracy issues/flaws in his game, while with the Eagles you never heard he didn't try, practice, or put the time in. Oh well the very first player I grew up watching/loving has basically declined to the point he can't even back up in the NFL. A lot his fault but a lot of "what ifs" early on with the Eagles. Still think Eagles should have brought him in as a backup to Vick instead of Trent Edwards. Sign him to a 1 year back up QB deal, let him retire as an Eagle, and hear the boos one more last time.

Top Bottom