• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

robotuw

Maintenance is 5 hours long, I'm guessing the game isn't coming back until they figure out how the hackers managed to get inside.

That's the message from the scheduled maintenance. We have no clue how long this one will last. The current standing record is ~20 hours back in November I think.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It would be a bad look if they rolled back the lapis.

They should let everyone keep it and make sure everyone got it PLUS give compensation for the hack and unannounced downtime.

There are players who used the lapis, players who thought it was a gift, and more importantly, this happened because of poor security at Gumi, which potentially puts our accounts and personal information in danger.

If this was due to a hack, that's serious. Don't roll it back. Fix what happened, make up for it, move on.

Doctor_No

It seems pretty significant.

It'll be interesting to see how Gumi handles this.

It might be just to give everyone 5k lapis (even those of us who didn't get it) and to keep the base happy. Given its a no event or banner week, and the bad vibes recently, it might be the smarter business move.

Alkez

When it's 1am and you're about to set up TM farming before bed but Gumi have other ideas.

I didn't check my lapis before the maintenance cause I was playing arena. Was there a specific set of events required to get it or was it just random?

Yikes......well they could do us a solid and obtain the info for the GL crystal rates :)

Maybe Hippo went rogue and turned against his employer
(we miss you bro!)

Zera you can't LOL

[JP] Dammit...was that story event extra short? I was sure there would be another week. Id had a busy week so was dumping all the nrg into 40 nrg maze. Was it actually the proper length and I just was too busy to realise?

Yeah I didn't finish it either. I did the first 9 but part 10 was split into 8 parts, which was awesome...if I had the time to do it lmao.

It seems pretty significant.

It'll be interesting to see how Gumi handles this.

It might be just to give everyone 5k lapis (even those of us who didn't get it) and to keep the base happy. Given its a no event or banner week, and the bad vibes recently, it might be the smarter business move.

So they're going to roll everything back and give us 100 lapis as compensation. Got it.

wilstreak

Interestingly from Reddit, some people didn't get 5K lapis.

i guess it will cause a shitstorm if Gumi didn't rollback and some people really didnt receive 5k lapis while other people got it.

LowParry

Interestingly from Reddit, some people didn't get 5K lapis.

i guess it will cause a shitstorm if Gumi didn't rollback and some people really didnt receive 5k lapis while other people got it.

Me and one friend got the 5k while about 3 others we know didn't get it. Pretty odd situation.

wilstreak

Some people? I bet it's a lot of people, me included/

Me and one friend got the 5k while about 3 others we know didn't get it. Pretty odd situation.

well then to be fair they can rollback and give everyone 5k lapis as compensation.

It would not be fair to give another compensation for people who already receive 5k lapis.

And giving compensation less than 5k will makes them seems cheap. But, let's see how they handle this situation.

Kouriozan

Anyway I took a screenshot all my normal/EX/10+1 tickets in case of another f*ckup. And I posted 4 of my units earlier here where I can see my lapis.
(I'm paranoid)

Kouriozan

night814

I have a friend who said he didn't get the 5k but I definitely did, I noticed it and didn't even think about it because I was raid summoning.

I've been saving all my nrg for farming and already have up to the king pots in the raid rewards so no real loss if the game is down for a few days. Just hope Gumi gives some nice rewards for something that they likely could have avoided. 100% moogles incoming!

Celegus

Whoa, now the maintenance doesn't even have an end time. The first message I saw put it at 7am EST I believe. Just glad I cleared and claimed my daily quests literally 10 minutes before it happened. Saw the hubbub about 5000 lapis showing up, which it did for both me and the wife. Definitely curious what the aftermath of all this will be (hopefully) tomorrow.

Whoa, now the maintenance doesn't even have an end time. The first message I saw put it at 7am EST I believe. Just glad I cleared and claimed my daily quests literally 10 minutes before it happened. Saw the hubbub about 5000 lapis showing up, which it did for both me and the wife. Definitely curious what the aftermath of all this will be (hopefully) tomorrow.
Hopefully I wake up, everyone wakes up, to a treasure trove of compensation and gifts.

Muku

Incoming 7-8 day emergency maintenance.

Gumi, this is definitely the most interested 'event' yet. I take back what I said earlier. Please continue to entertain.

On a serious note... I figured this was coming. Everyone was thinking the hackers were bluffing. Now though, Gumi has been proven to be incapable of running anything secure. Let this be a lesson Gumi. Also, if you stopped with shit rates, maybe people wouldn't go batshit insane on you.

jnWake

I got the 5K Lapis and did a 11 pull. It sucked haha.

Earlier this year FFRK had a bug where a pull in one banner gave 11 "rainbows". It was glorious and they didn't take it back.

le.phat

Incoming 7-8 day emergency maintenance.

Gumi, this is definitely the most interested 'event' yet. I take back what I said earlier. Please continue to entertain.

On a serious note... I figured this was coming. Everyone was thinking the hackers were bluffing. Now though, Gumi has been proven to be incapable of running anything secure. Let this be a lesson Gumi. Also, if you stopped with shit rates, maybe people wouldn't go batshit insane on you.

Victim blaming, classy. The hackers are self-righteous pieces of shit. Can't belive all it takes is a bunch of 'free' in-game currency for people to abandon their moral position on hacks.

UrSuLeTzU

Victim blaming, classy. The hackers are self-righteous pieces of shit. Can't belive all it takes is a bunch of 'free' in-game currency for people to abandon their moral position on hacks.

What about Gumi's moral position on fair rates and transparency? I'm not saying they deserved this.. but they totally did.

robotuw

People were feeling...less than sympathetic to Gumi before this even began. Consider the whole game is based on predatory practices in the first place. Then combine the recent slowed rate of content, the screw-ups and the total lack of communication. Add in the facts that we were facing a week with little going on anyway, and that we stand to lose basically nothing from this (and may very well gain some things) unless the hackers wipe the whole server, and you can see why people are having trouble feeling sorry for Gumi. I do feel bad for the people undoubtedly panicking and pulling at least one all-nighter. They didn't deserve this. For Gumi the company however, I can't deny feeling some schadenfreude. Cheering the hackers is a bad idea though. They have no love for this game or its players. The 5k lapis was not a gift to us but a show of force to Gumi. For all we know they could have just as easily set everyone's lapis to 0. The best scenario (for us included) is for Gumi to get a handle on this asap.

wilstreak

wow, it still didn't go up.

I don't like Gumi recent stance on BS rate and character balancing, but crime is a crime.

fuck those hacker.

In the end they just work for their own personal gain.

Rixa

Yup no Lapis here either. Logged 14h ago and now tried and ah maintenance, scrolled back and saw hackers etc. Iam 100% sure hackers did that 5k Lapis too. It will be shit storm if people can keep their Lapis and rest of the folks wont get nothing.

This is not the situation of simple one daily free pull anymore. My guess is that 5k is gone when game comes back up (might be long maintenance).

Anyways it will be shit and storm and more shit.

Yup no Lapis here either. Logged 14h ago and now tried and ah maintenance, scrolled back and saw hackers etc. Iam 100% sure hackers did that 5k Lapis too. It will be shit storm if people can keep their Lapis and rest of the folks wont get nothing.

This is not the situation of simple one daily free pull anymore. My guess is that 5k is gone when game comes back up (might be long maintenance).

Anyways it will be shit and storm and more shit.

considering they got hacked and got my fb reference........
weeeeeeeeeelllll, gumi i expect some serious compensation..

smh, this is why gumi should have their own registration system...

wilstreak

considering they got hacked and got my fb reference........
weeeeeeeeeelllll, gumi i expect some serious compensation..

smh, this is why gumi should have their own registration system...

What are you talking about?

By using FB login authorization, you personal FB information is stored safely in Facebook database which is basically impossible to hack. Everytime you login, FB just give Gumi notification "they pass". So does with your credit card information which is stored in Google and Apple system.

If they have their own registration system, all your personal info will be compromised when things like this happen.

Pls be excited for compensation of 100 lapis, 3 Rare Summon tickets and 10 NRG pots.

The game will likely be down over 12 hours, that on it's own is worth more than that (before we get into what they decide to do with that 5k lapis and those who might have spent it)

wilstreak

What about email address, do hackers now email address we use?

This is what Facebook state in their developer guide
"If your app requests information beyond people's public profiles, email and friends list, you need to submit your app for Login Review."

So basically aside from email and your information available for public FB audiences, anything should be safe.

This is not in the scale of Sony PSN hack where people put their Credit card information and hacker got access to that.

That's why in general relying on 3rd party with more robust and secure system is better for them.

Rixa

This is what Facebook state in their developer guide
"If your app requests information beyond people's public profiles, email and friends list, you need to submit your app for Login Review."

So basically aside from email and your information available for public FB audiences, anything should be safe.

This is not in the scale of Sony PSN hack where people put their Credit card information and hacker got access to that.

That's why in general relying on 3rd party with more robust and secure system is better for them.

Regardless of things, I did inform this Gumi hacking to FICORA.
Notification of information security breach

Private persons, companies and organisations can notify FICORA's NCSC-FI of information security violations targeted against them, such as phishing or denial of service attacks, and attempted violations related to these.

Because Fuck Eve

On the basis of the notifications, the NCSC-FI investigates violations of and threats to information security in respect of network services, communications services and added value services, collects information on these incidents, and disseminates information security matters. The NCSC-FI also provides help in information security matters. In addition to general knowledge of information security, the help can be of technical nature.

I want some words from Gumi beside "Emergency Maintenance" and as EU citizen I felt like informing forward. Gumi Europe HQ is in France. Hopefully someone asks things from Gumi why this happened and how they did handle it.

"Rest assured that we will provide timely updates through our official channels regarding the status of the issue."

I think they need to look up the definition of timely

Syntsui

"Rest assured that we will provide timely updates through our official channels regarding the status of the issue."

I think they need to look-up the definition of timely
It could be every minute, or hour, or day, or week, or month, or year or NEVER THE GAME IS DEAD. @_@

Top Bottom