• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Made a quick strawpoll:

Would 3% Rainbow Rate change your money spending pattern for FFBE?

Interested in what the results are.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13984139

Gumi isn’t getting any money until they change a lot of things and empower the community. I don’t mind dropping money on games; I really don’t, considering I buy all of 1-2 console games a year.

But unless there’s something approaching the Orlandu craze again - or even the Robot trial - ... probably not.

Pejo

Man, what a bummer that this happened during a raid. NRG can be compensated for, but not raid orbs.

Kinda nice to have a vacation from the game. If this goes past 24h they better not ruin my login streak.

Vashetti

Banned
I voted more likely, because there is absolutely no chance I will spend money at the moment, and a rate increase would at least make it possible.

This is my reasoning. Plus I don't need anything in the game at the moment. I have some pretty top-tier units, just not all geared up with the best TMs or equipment.

Man, what a bummer that this happened during a raid. NRG can be compensated for, but not raid orbs.

Kinda nice to have a vacation from the game. If this goes past 24h they better not ruin my login streak.

Gumi will just extend current events by 1 week.

So one extra week of Raid and one extra week for this weeks event, which is nothing.

night814

If anything we won't miss a single thing and when they come back we will be where we were yesterday or where we would be today in log in rewards and time left on the raid event.

We are definitely going to get the 10+1 ticket no matter what, this is all on Gumi for making it easy.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Voted equally likely, because let's be real, a 3% drop rate for cold, hard cash is not much of an improvement.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I mean, in Dokkan you have about a 10% chance to pull an SSR (the top tier of unit, basically a rainbow) but a lot of SSR are junk. On any given banner, the chance of pulling an actual banner SSR is usually around 0.7%.

So is a 3% total rainbow rate in this game better or worse than that? I'm not sure. When people whale out in Dokkan, they aren't doing it for that 10%. They are chasing the 0.7%.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yes, I am okay with the break. I was planning on pounding out a ton of story missions last night though, while 1/2 energy, so kinda bummed about missing that oppty. I doubt they extend that because most ppl didn't really care about the half energy. But for us new folks, it was amazing.

vato_loco

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I mean, in Dokkan you have about a 10% chance to pull an SSR (the top tier of unit, basically a rainbow) but a lot of SSR are junk. On any given banner, the chance of pulling an actual banner SSR is usually around 0.7%.

So is a 3% total rainbow rate in this game better or worse than that? I'm not sure. When people whale out in Dokkan, they aren't doing it for that 10%. They are chasing the 0.7%.
4* pulls in Marvel Puzzle Quest (the equivalent to rainbows here) has a supposed 5% pull rate, but I can confirm from having played this game for over 1000 days, that this is an absolute lie.

If it IS true, then 3% is a nice way of saying "pay me for the privilege of most likely not getting a single unit, ever."

Syntsui

Imagine how many heads will roll after Squenix see this shit. The guy responsible for their infrastructure, if he even exists, is forever done in this business.

tuffymon

Weeeee what a roller coaster reading the last 3 pages to catch up on. I actually thought it might have been up this morning... guess not. Several buds managed to use the lapis, while others like me were conflicted from having high enough lapis that if I had spent the 5k, that my lapis could take a 5k hit anyways, oh well. With no actual update on fb, I don't expect this to come up anytime soon, especially before the 24 hour mark. Depending on how Gumi handles this, this could be Nier 2.0 in terms of players dropping...

Vashetti

Banned
On the official FB page just now

Attention FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fans:

On September 21 (Thursday), around 3 p.m. (PDT), we experienced a system disruption.

We have determined upon investigation that this disruption was caused by someone who gained unauthorized access into our system for the FFBE game, and made a threat to our hosting company.

We are currently conducting maintenance to ensure the integrity of the game system including all game data and players’ personal information.

We would like to assure all players that this matter is of utmost importance to us. We sincerely ask that you bear with us in the meantime while our teams are hard at work, trying to resolve this matter, and resume the game services as soon as practicable.

We will be providing updates on the situation via our official channels in a timely manner.

Thank you very much for your patience and continued support through this trying time.

Kouriozan

They'll need to give the last normal reward of the month for everyone if we miss a day.
And we're supposed to get another 10+1 ticket soon too, from the fan festa.

Syntsui

Holy fucking shit, used another ticket on JP and got another rainbow. It's a freaking dupe Chibi Rydia. The RNG gods are playing with me.

Hey im enjoying the break and debating whether I want to come back

I know they have a ton of shit planned for the next month or so but if that plan doesnt include massive system and QoL changes I think im out

Yeah man, RIP to him.

Well, this leaves time for Guild Wars 2 Path Of Fire and more Destiny 2 Trials Of The Nine for me to do this weekend.

These were the thoughts that went through my head in order:

Man this game is still down.

Oh shit I forgot GW2 expansion was out.

Up to 275 power in Destiny so close to raiding.

How the hell am I getting into a raid?

I just bought a switch I really should get back to that.

My god my backlog is larger than I thought.

Thanks for being down, Gumi.

This has been a pretty wild turn of events. Quite frankly maybe it's a sign to just end it. The investment will never go away but it's not like I was enjoying Exvius anymore anyway. Depending on the compensation and ramifications from this it might be time to throw in the towel. For example if some players keep that 5000 lapis and others do not. Gumi better fix everything.

This has been a pretty wild turn of events. Quite frankly maybe it's a sign to just end it. The investment will never go away but it's not like I was enjoying Exvius anymore anyway. Depending on the compensation and ramifications from this out might be time to throw in the towel. For example if some players keep that 5000 lapis and others do not. Gumi better fix everything.

Honestly their whole end of year fan festa push is make or break

But even if they made it as good as JP im still not sure its enough

They need to pour over every piece of content and revamp the game

The formula is too rigid and stale and Im about cashed out

These were the thoughts that went through my head in order:

Man this game is still down.

Oh shit I forgot GW2 expansion was out.

Up to 275 power in Destiny so close to raiding.

How the hell am I getting into a raid?

I just bought a switch I really should get back to that.

My god my backlog is larger than I thought.

Thanks for being down, Gumi.

Don't get me started on back log lol. Witcher 3, Dishonored 2, and 3 more games sitting on my ps4 pro lol.

Currently have all 3 of my characters in D2 at or past 300. 2 Hunters and a Warlock.

I'm looking forward to GW2 POF, GW2 is an amazing MMO. Now to decided between what I'm going to main. Ranger, Thief, Ele or Mes. I've been mainly Mes/Ranger since launch but the Weaver and Deadeye look amazing.

robotuw

i am beginning to think the game will never come back.

I will come back. It makes them too much money to be dropped entirely. It may take a while though, and it's not clear how it will look when it does come back.

As nice as an immediate upgrade like the 3% would be, I don't think it's going to happen. Features like that are planned out ahead of time and it may not even be possible to drop it in unplanned. They are trying to put out fires and get the game running again; new features are the last things on their minds. Expect currency/items and if we're lucky they might accelerate the schedule for some things at a later date. I also think this will take them longer than 24 hours to fix.

Yes, I am okay with the break. I was planning on pounding out a ton of story missions last night though, while 1/2 energy, so kinda bummed about missing that oppty. I doubt they extend that because most ppl didn't really care about the half energy. But for us new folks, it was amazing.
Same here. I logged in earlier and did expedition / dailies / spent raid orbs, so at least I have my logins in tact (although, I may have forgotten to collect my daily lapis and didn't get on during the 5k either). I was going to use the evening to finish up the last update and get the latest Esper before 1/2 cost disappeared. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly their whole end of year fan festa push is make or break

But even if they made it as good as JP im still not sure its enough

They need to pour over every piece of content and revamp the game

The formula is too rigid and stale and Im about cashed out

I would love a ton of qol changes. Unfortunately until they really see a huge drop off of profits who's to say when that will be. I bet their graphs of people spending look like a cliff after Nier though lol

night814

There probably pursuing the hacker through legal means while also trying to close whatever he used to get through to their system.

God speed to them.

Celegus

I still like the game, not going anywhere anytime soon! Business model and pricing has seemed ridiculous to me since day 1 which is why I haven't spent money. I'd rather "protest" the prices by not buying in rather than cheering on hackers. Whole situation is crappy all around for everyone involved, though of course I'm also morbidly curious what will come of it when it's over. Also lol at people thinking it might never come back, hasn't even been a day.

This is actually a bit crazy. Sounds like we'll be waiting a bit here. Is fan festa even worth attending at this point?

A break will be nice I think, and if it comes back Ina reasonable amount of time, some great updates and compensation. But really, I don't know what to think.

You know what I would be happy with as compensation?

Free daily every single day going forward, permanently.

Oh yeah, I want Lapis too.

But how must trust will people have with them now going forward? If I bought stuff in the game with my iPhone, any chance hackers got that info or is that all stored in my phone?

I thought I read somewhere that not even Apple stores that kind of info.

You know what I would be happy with as compensation?

Free daily every single day going forward, permanently.

Oh yeah, I want Lapis too.

But how must trust will people have with them now going forward? If I bought stuff in the game with my iPhone, any chance hackers got that info or is that all stored in my phone?

I thought I read somewhere that not even Apple stores that kind of info.
I'd take a free daily permanently as well...

I'll definitely be coming back to at least see where things stand, what the plan is, etc. Though patience with Gumi is stretched a bit thin.

vato_loco

Oh hey, it's back.

5K Lapis are still there. Compensation pack is:

- NRG Restore 10 x 20.
- Lapis x900.
- Rare Summon Ticket x3.
Advance Token x20.
Ancient Coin x3.

And that's about it.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah I just tried too and it's still down. Since I didn't log in before this(I was going to later on in the night but then the maint happened) and I doubt I received the 5000 lapis

robotuw

Seems back up for me. It's downloading an update now. I never got the 5k lapis so maybe I'm on a less-fucked server.

Ok I'm back in. Still don't have the 5k lapis. People are going to be pissed about this one.

The amazing enhancements seems to still be up.

vato_loco

nqXKSl9.png

Here's the compensation.

Don't get me started on back log lol. Witcher 3, Dishonored 2, and 3 more games sitting on my ps4 pro lol.

Currently have all 3 of my characters in D2 at or past 300. 2 Hunters and a Warlock.

I'm looking forward to GW2 POF, GW2 is an amazing MMO. Now to decided between what I'm going to main. Ranger, Thief, Ele or Mes. I've been mainly Mes/Ranger since launch but the Weaver and Deadeye look amazing.

Been a guardian/engi main since launch but haven't checked into the new specializations yet. What's the best ones?

Top Bottom