• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I got two guest passes for Killing Floor when I bought it. If anyone's interested and want to try before they buy PM me. Maybe we can play together, my Steam ID is the same as my GAF name.

AlexBasch

Only thing that stops me from getting that MW2 is the multiplayer, heard it's either empty or full with hacked lobbies and whatnot.

Then again, I just got Bad Company 2 and BF3, so I'm not sure why I'm even looking at it. Dungeon Defenders maybe?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Killing Floor: Awesome, everyone go buy it now.

Dinner Date: Terrible. Extremely short, over-priced, boring as all heck. You basically move fingers and tilt a guy's head as he whines and blabbers about a Japanese girl while drinking himself drunk.

CoolS

Damn, just bought MW2 on amazon but now I can't activate it on Steam because I live in germany. Anyone trustworthy here willing to help me out by logging into my account for a second and activating my key?
I would forever be in your debt!

Damn, just bought MW2 on amazon but now I can't activate it on Steam because I live in germany. Anyone trustworthy here willing to help me out by logging into my account for a second and activating my key?
I would forever be in your debt!

im not doing anything...hit me up if need be

I'm going to risk that coupon stuff in the topic not being enforced...

I have a 50% off Killing Floor coupon, taking the price down to $1.50. Only works on the base game, not any DLC.

First reply gets it.

bigace33

I have a Toki Tori key I could give to someone over the PMs if interested. I'll be giving away some other games from that new bundle later this week as well, so check back often. :p

Edit: And the key is gone.

jediyoshi

weekend deal is MW3, comes with a free weekend for you can try out the MP if you like. (via registry)

Update news popped up about the free weekend, nothing about an actual sale. Oh Activision.

Also, heading to MW3's store page has frozen any webpage/community viewing for me for the first time. It's a conspiracy.

kanugo

Dear Esther, which just got an enhanced re-release today.

Thanks, but I bought it today. It was on Dear Esther's OT that I found out about Dinner Date. Like I've said on my previous post: I'm really liking Dear Esther, but I can see a lot of people hating it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hehe, guess I'll find out in a moment. Also, I only paid 2,24€ for the game. :)

EDIT: Is there any "experimental game" you can recommend? Thanks.

On Steam? Tell Tales games are often talked about and I like them (though the Graveyard is a bit short, The Path and FATALE I can recommend if the genre of exploration story-based experimental games interest you).

I-Fluid! I can definitely recommend that one, it's a game where you play as a drop of water. Surprisingly fun and engrossing.

There's all sorts of games they try new things but with familiar formulas, and plenty off Steam if interested.

EDIT: And I thank you bigace33! I can't buy any games right now (do have my eyes on the commercial release of Dear Esther when I do however), but I've really been wanting to try Toki-Tori.

MRORANGE

if anyone is on my steam friends list want's EDGE, just ask.

capsule_184x69.jpg

else if not someone else can have it/

jediyoshi

Hehe, guess I'll find out in a moment. Also, I only paid 2,24€ for the game. :)

EDIT: Is there any "experimental game" you can recommend? Thanks.

Wow, I looked up one I remember playing from a year or two ago and after loading it up was still in the state it was when I left it. It's a quick flash game called One Chance.

The Stanley Parable is pretty similar to Dear Esther. Only other one off the top of my head is The Graveyard.

kanugo

Thanks guys, all the recomendations are written down. Can't wait to search some of the names.

EDIT: Not for the game, but I'm trying to add you, MRORANGE, and It says: "Could not invite this friend".

Nabs

If you're on my friends list and want to play some MW3 this weekend, just send me a message. Every time I play it alone I end up on a shitty team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom