• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

kmfdmpig

I think the time is now for another Marvel/DC Crossover. It's been forever since we had one of those.

This is likely not a popular opinion, but other than Amalgam has anyone really liked the Marvel/DC crossovers?

They always struck me as cheesy. I quite like Busiek (Astro City is an all time great, and Marvels is great) and obviously Perez is great, but JLA/Avengers seemed so underwhelming as it was obvious that they had to make both companies happy in keeping their characters looking strong. Previous crossovers like Superman/Spiderman and Superman/Thor from the 70s or early 80s were similarly by the numbers.

A good crossover would be interesting, but another one that does more to show how cookie cutter similar most heroes are with their counterparts in the other company doesn't really appeal to me.

Edit: Nothing like getting the top of a page for an opinion that's likely to be unpopular.

Started reading Batman Beyond Rebirth v1. Went in expecting something fresh (characters and/or villains). Turns out I get a lot of info dump in a couple of pages about how this new Batman was supposed to be dead but was kept imprisoned or something? Then big villain of the trade seems to be some joker groupies wanting to revive Joker?

YsFaEJz.png

Not even sure I'll finish reading the trade.

kmfdmpig

xyz/Batman Crossover where always great. Loved the one with Captain America

Good call.
That one was good, as were the ones with Punisher. Batman crossovers, as you say, always seem to be good. Hellboy, Spawn, Aliens, Predator, Dredd. It always seems to work out well.

Started reading Batman Beyond Rebirth v1. Went in expecting something fresh (characters and/or villains). Turns out I get a lot of info dump in a couple of pages about how this new Batman was supposed to be dead but was kept imprisoned or something? Then big villain of the trade seems to be some joker groupies wanting to revive Joker?

YsFaEJz.png

I actually like the twist with the groupies.
It's not Joker

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was about to meet the dancing lady later today to go for a walk. Now she asked me if I like Sushi and I said I want to try it.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

kmfdmpig

I was about to meet the dancing lady later today to go for a walk. Now she asked me if I like Sushi and I said I want to try it.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Sushi is great. If you like cooked salmon you'll almost certainly like raw salmon. If you're worried about trying raw fish you can always get something like a California roll.
Congrats on the date!

vPBzObT.jpg

Alex Ross posted this then took it down. Fantastic Four returning?

What do we think guys/gals? Does it work as an avatar or do sketch drawings not really work so well?

EDIT - Seeing it on my post it actually works better than I thought :) , probably loses marks as not anime or cute doggo related though

It's a good image, but at least on a desktop browser it's a bit hard to see as it's fairly light on a similarly colored background.

Hmm I get you, right okay, everybody change to gaf dark theme just purely for the sake of my avatar..................I'll wait...............................okay thanks

Think I'm going to roll with it for a while anyway, haven't changed from the school of xavier logo since I joined a few months back

EDIT - I actually shamefully normally use light theme as well, its easier to read in the dark theme but jeez so much dark, reminds of me of those amateur fan group websites people made about there favourite tv shows in the 90,s ha

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Did 2 quickies incase you wanna use them.
gHUQmpu.png

y0OlPf8.png

Sharpened it some so it wouldn't be as blurry and increased the contrast so it would look better on the light theme. (eww)

Did 2 quickies incase you wanna use them.
gHUQmpu.png

y0OlPf8.png

Sharpened it some so it wouldn't be as blurry and increased the contrast so it would look better on the light theme. (eww)

Thanks Einchy, I've used the second one you've put up there as you get more of the new uniform detail, definitely looks better with the constrast increased :)

Aizo

Banned
I met some Japanese bankers in an 80s bar I went to with my friend tonight. One of the bankers hit on me a lot haha. Financially secure girls can support my comic purchasing habits! Weeeee

Sandfox

YsFaEJz.png

I forgot that Batman Beyond even exists. It's probably the least talked about Rebirth title.

Dj Convoy

I quite like Busiek (Astro City is an all time great, and Marvels is great) and obviously Perez is great, but JLA/Avengers seemed so underwhelming as it was obvious that they had to make both companies happy in keeping their characters looking strong.

I found it to be a mixed bag, but overall enjoyable. There are some great character moments in it that got over shadowed by the hoopla of the whole event. Take, for instance, the Thor/Superman fight. Everyone got so outraged about that that they overlooked what happened next; a perfect moment where the Avengers are so shocked that Thor got taken down that they get mad (!) and gang up on Superman, yelling "YOU DON'T DO THAT TO THOR!" A lovely, perfectly Avengers-y kind of moment.

Nothing really tops the first Superman/Spider-man crossover (altho' I do have a deep fondness for the second one), IMO. I was probably eleven or twelve when the trade paperback of those first crossovers came out (TPBs were a much rarer occurrence there, you whippersnappers) in 1990 or so and I saved up my own money specifically to buy it because I was so mind blown that Marvel and DC had ever collaborated on anything.

I met some Japanese bankers in an 80s bar I went to with my friend tonight. One of the bankers hit on me a lot haha. Financially secure girls can support my comic purchasing habits! Weeeee

Hmm could really do with a comic momma myself at the moment, hit me up if she has friends

You live in Tokyo? :p
They invited me to go out with them Wednesday next week, so I'll see the friends then. She said some beautiful girls would join us. Haha

I don't at the moment but it sounds more appealing all the time, no beatifull banker girls are offering to buy me comics here in Burnley, and it rains...............a lot

Phamit

I liked Metal #2 a lot more than #1, because the chase after Batman was a lot thrilling than the colloseum fight with the Voltron and I like how Snyder connects the story with his Batman run. I doesn't feel artificial.

Top Bottom