• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Speaking of Image books ending:
Just finished a coherent synopsis of Year Four of WicDIv, which leans heavy - like, 7000 words or so? It's leaning treatment. And I'm wondering why I feel so much weight lifted, because there is a huge amount of work left. WicDiv scrips are not easy. And as I'm walking to the cornershop, it strikes me why I feel it is significant.

Because now, if I die, WicDiv could still be finished.

Before it would be impossible to move from my notes to something approaching what we're aiming for.

Now Jamie could talk someone else into taking this map and actually writing the fucking thing.

In other words, while WicDiv is far from finished, now it's certainly finish-able with or without my continued existence.

It's not done, but it COULD be done.

Which is why I think I deserve a Magnum Double Caramel.

Delicious magnum which I definitely deserve.

Yeah, I have always had a somewhat morbid streak with certain bits of my work.

For the first two phonograms I approached two writers and asked, if I died before Jamie drew it, if they could handle a lettering draft.

(They sweetly said yes, and doubly sweetly didn't say YOU ARE VERY GOTH)

So that's what I was alluding to finishing last week, and I've moved onto the next task, which is writing a proper synopsis for Spangly New Thing. It's going well, but let's not jinx it, oh no, I've jinxed it.

I really hope Simone's and Dixon's respective Birds of Prey runs get recollected and published in these nice big trades DC has been doing. I really want to read them, but they seem tough to get a hold of right now.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Well it looks like Tynion has been getting harassed on twitter.

I'll never understand being an asshole to people who create things you enjoy, and even if you currently don't enjoy them, being a dick to them over Twitter isn't going to magically make them start making stuff that you like again.

Sandfox

I'll never understand being an asshole to people who create things you enjoy, and even if you currently don't enjoy them, being a dick to them over Twitter isn't going to magically make them start making stuff that you like again.
Seeing people defend that guy all over the internet and in this case say that they are going to drop Detective makes me upset.

Messi

I really hope Simone's and Dixon's respective Birds of Prey runs get recollected and published in these nice big trades DC has been doing. I really want to read them, but they seem tough to get a hold of right now.

Boy have I got news for you. They have been releasing them for the past 2 years in lovely trades.

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/BIRDS-OF-PREY-TP-VOL-01/JUL150312
https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/BIRDS-OF-PREY-TP-VOL-02/NOV150276
https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/BIRDS-OF-PREY-TP-VOL-03/SEP160339

Cho Halloween Harley variant!

DKRAqYaVoAAmboE.jpg

VanWinkle

Yup, was just going to say. Unfortunately they're going really slow. They likely still need two more volumes before Dixon's run is fully collected. And who knows when or if they'll start Simone's.

Also, I don't always like the Cho Harley variants, but that one is great.

Vyer

ugh more D&C garbage. not that this is a newsflash, but a sizable amount of people in comics fandom are apparently real pieces of shit about certain things

Aizo

Banned
This variant is everything. Oh, I bought and read the two Harley comics you recommended, by the way. They were really fun! Thank you.

ElNarez

Banned
Didn't know Diversity and comics became this big

Really out of the loop

There's good money in shouting at minorities on Youtube. Always been.

There's also good money in pretending these fuckers can be talked out of a lucrative gig, HINT HINT I'm talking about Rich's coverage of the whole thing on Bleeding Cool. It's either that or you're being played for a fool, HINT HINT I'm talking about Mark Waid.

mreddie

It's sad the people with D/C say they are for diversity but go after everyone who isn't a straight white guy. They only do if you talk about how the guy sucks.

Sandfox

There's good money in shouting at minorities on Youtube. Always been.

There's also good money in pretending these fuckers can be talked out of a lucrative gig, HINT HINT I'm talking about Rich's coverage of the whole thing on Bleeding Cool. It's either that or you're being played for a fool, HINT HINT I'm talking about Mark Waid.
Bleeding Cool likes to act like they are against these guys, but put out articles that pump them up for clicks.

Oh D&C

Inhumane garbage.
You are a beautiful person
It's putrid melted garbage for the eyes and mind.
Well ain't that a bitch.

Yup, was just going to say. Unfortunately they're going really slow. They likely still need two more volumes before Dixon's run is fully collected. And who knows when or if they'll start Simone's.
I've been really craving some BoP lately. I've been reading a lot of Batgirl, Batwoman, and overall Batfamily stuff. Plus Black Canary in Green Arrow. I've also really been digging the current BoP run (not the best book, but it's good fun). A Birds of Prey crossover pack for DC Deck-Builder was just released.

I'm curious what Chip said about what happened to Sex Crims. I don't like the book, but I like gossip.

I'm intrigued by the Metal Batman who laughed one shot and I don't even care about Batman or Metal. But that design, wowza.

Going to Hawaii tomorrow for like 9 days. Yay! Hope to read comics between adventures and beach frolicking. Prolly keep working on X-Men Legacy, Rebirth Green Lanterns, and the most recent Gwenpool trade.

Also, I don't always like the Cho Harley variants, but that one is great.
Think they've just started to re-release Simone's WW run.

I know its a bit early for a next week list and I usually buy most stuff in trade waiting, but it seems like everything thing I do buy in single issues is out in one week next week, an epic week:

Hi - Fi Fight Club (is this only going to be 4 issues? :( )
Batman Murder Machine
Suicide Squad 26 (Metal tie in)
Black Monday Murders
Saga
Black Panther
Marvel Legacy

Thats some good reading.................hopefully

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
It is going to be an amazing week for me too. But I'm not posting my list early like a rube. :)

Regarding Hi-Fi I'm pretty sure everything Boom series starts out as a 4 issue mini and if it does well they will promote it to a full series.

It is going to be an amazing week for me too. But I'm not posting my list early like a rube. :)

Ha well I usually only GAF when I'm at work between doing jobs and I'm off Monday and Tuesday next week so I'll have time to read all my Thought Bubble purchases from the weekend :) So I got in there early this time

There's a joke somewhere to be made in there about premature listation, but probably not wise to make it about myself ha

EDIT - Well heres hoping for a longer run on Hi-Fi, has there been any sign on sales yet or is it too soon after one issue?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
EDIT - Well heres hoping for a longer run on Hi-Fi, has there been any sign on sales yet or is it too soon after one issue?

The first issue sold 5600. It was Boom's 9th best seller. I'm not sure if that is good or not. For comparison another Boom book Mech Commander Yu #1 sold 8400 and has already been promoted to a full series. Boom's best seller is a Power Rangers book at 14k.

The first issue sold 5600. It was Boom's 9th best seller. I'm not sure if that is good or not. For comparison another Boom book Mech Commander Yu #1 sold 8400 and has already been promoted to a full series. Boom's best seller is a Power Rangers book at 14k.

Doesnt sound too bad, so hopefully. Mech Commander Yu they probably will have expected a sales bump from having Greg Paks name attached, whereas to be honest I'm not really familiar with the writer of Hi-Fi. Power Rangers is always going to do okay, a lot of fan love and nostalgia attached to that brand.

Spidermen 2 #3 was boring as hell and not just because it didn't have any Taskmaster in it.

Flashback issues suck and is 616-Miles
just a normal human? Not much of a parallel if he's just some dude named Miles who doesn't even have powers.

Miles has powers generally. Not sure what they do in this mini since I have not read it yet.

Yeah but issue 3 seems to imply heavily 616-Miles has no powers at all.

It follows his prison days and how he became friends with Kingpin. He gets in a couple fights, including the ones showing his scars, and he shows no signs of any superhuman abilities. Gets his ass whooped, frankly.

Maybe we'll see something new from him, since he confidently threatened Taskmaster, but so far, he just seems like a normal dude.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thanks

Yeah but issue 3 seems to imply heavily 616-Miles has no powers at all.

It follows his prison days and how he became friends with Kingpin. He gets in a couple fights, including the ones showing his scars, and he shows no signs of any superhuman abilities. Gets his ass whooped, frankly.

Maybe we'll see something new from him, since he confidently threatened Taskmaster, but so far, he just seems like a normal dude.
Never head of any of this. Maybe I should read more Miles-Man.

Top Bottom