• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Maybe it speaks more to your comic shop that they don't want to stock half of their shelves with covers featuring half naked ladies.

Also, I see the typical dipshits are really trying to start something equivalent to GG.

tim1138

Isn't James Harren in it too? I saw Becky Cloonan also did some pages as well. That's gonna be such a good issue.

I honestly have no clue. I only know about Burnham because a friend talked to him at a con back in May and at that time, that was the only thing he would/could admit to working on.

Don't tell me you thought the multiple high cost Deadpool issues this year were an amazing idea.

I honestly don't have an opinion. If I comic is good, I'll buy it. If you're worried about relative value, this is a bad hobby. Publishers are squeezing every dime out of the process and creatives are working 7 days a week, 17 hour days. If you can't find it in your pockets to support the ones whose work you appreciate, tell your story walking.

fnIZSEl.gif

Because that's totally the same as the superstar packed Thor 700 or Legacy #1.

This too.

BC: Punisher: Platoon Changes Its Rating – And Its Digital Download Offering
Having Marvel return the “Buy Physical Get Digital” offering for its comics, so print buyers can get a digital download of that comic included in the price has done much to justify the $3.99-$4.99 standard price of its comics. That’s when you can get them to work and I can feel another article about that coming on.

But first, it seems that Punisher: Platoon by Garth Ennis and Goran Parlov has fallen foul of this promise. It was solicited with a digital download included, but between solicitation and upcoming publication, it changed its rating from Parental Advisory to Explicit Content. And Marvel don’t allow explicit content titles to be downloaded from its App.

So instead, Punisher: Platoon physical customers will have to be placated by a free digital download of Deadpool Vs The Punisher by Fred Van Lente and Pere Perez.

Messi

When does Thor drop? I'm buying it just for the four pages of new Burnham art.

October 18th

I don't know about Y'all but these books are worth the money just for the talent involved.

Marvel Legacy #1
(W) Jason Aaron (A) Esad Ribic, Russell Dauterman, Chris Samnee, Alex Maleev, Stuart Immonen, Pepe Larraz, Jim Cheung, Daniel Acuna, Greg Land, Ed McGuinness

Mighty Thor #700
(W) Jason Aaron (A) Walter Simonson, Olivier Coipel, Chris Burnham, James Harren (A/CA) Russell Dauterman

BC: An Explanation For The Marvel Amazon Kindle Mega-Sale That Has Come Round Again
Bleeding Cool has noted that every now and then there seems to be an unpublicised Marvel sale on Amazon Kindle. It’s happening right now, with brand new trade paperback collections from Marvel being sold for a third of the price of a single new issue, in some cases. But why?

Well, one explanation I have received from an industry insider is that these are always timed to end of quarters. That Marvel needs a short-term sales and profit boost. But not one that they expect to publicise much, so that the boost can be dismissed as just a result of that. Or train people to just wait for the end of quarter digital sale.

Basically they want the sales, they want the boost, but they don’t want too many people to notice and change their usual buying practices.

Okay, so none of you learn anything from this, okay? None of you start “waiting for the sale” or it will all go away.

So it's exactly what everyone thought.

They should be stocking all of their shelves with all naked ladies. This is why comic shops are struggling. They don't see the obvious.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of Marvel's future monthly linewide variant cover themes. They did some half clothed guys last year(but covered most of them up before the books came out).

Sandfox

Starting to feel the hype for Legacy, saints be praised. This one shot sounds brilliant.
There's quite a bit of stuff in Legacy that I'm excited to read and we still haven't seen Aaron's new project yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of Marvel's future monthly linewide variant cover themes. They did some half clothed guys last year(but covered most of them up before the books came out).
I don't see modern Marvel doing that.

Sandfox

God no... It wouldn't be like modern Marvel to do something completely backwards and shitty

Or continue to hire a man who's only quality is sexualising women for variant sales

No... Never

There's issues there, but they are different from whether or not Marvel would produce a naked woman variant theme.

Top Bottom