• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

attachment.php

The thought of this kit is scary D:

lol poppy + lb? op

First time to play Cho in a long long while.... :D Duo'd with Amumu.

iuPxm.jpg

Game started out pretty even but eventually, Ashe and Eve kept getting on each others' throats. We started to lose pretty bad then... getting pushed as far to the nexus towers and all inhibs down but we only took down two of their towers.

Started to get back at around the 40 min mark but it was slow work because our creeps were pushed way back. Teamfights went great thanks mainly to Amumu. After like 5 aces on our side we finally won.

Gotta love GA. The two times it saved my ass from death were two great comebacks. GP killed me, but I revived and I chased him down with Q then ate him. OM NOM NOM. Later, I get killed then score a double kill when I revived. OM NOM NOM.

Does Thornmail work on GP's Q?

Spectate mode: Now you can watch GAF lose to AD Janna in real time.

Me and a couple friends did this yesterday. We decided to troll the enemy team throughout the game. IIRC we had swain solo top, an Olaf at mid and Janna in bot playing as our carry while I jungled trundle. Scary stuff. Janna went 7/0/? and the enemy team gg'd at 20.

Blizzard

Banned
summons, what's the skill order/runes/mastery for riven?
I may have become too set in my ways to be a very good Riven, and Ferrio/Xero may have better advice. However, I think I do something like this:

Level 1 get Q, level 2 get W, level 3 get E. Max W next, max R when possible.

Max Q after W (unless you're taking a lot of damage that you think the shield would help negate, in which case mix in a few levels of E with Q).

For runes, I'll have to check...I think I might have switched to straight AD quints/reds, or maybe AD quints and arpen reds. Either AD or arpen should be good, movespeed quints might be fine too. Armor yellow! I use CDR blue but you might like magic resist blue...CDR is really nice on riven though.

For masteries I think I go 21/9/0, normal AD stuff. Take damage and arpen masteries over attack speed ones since presumably attack speed riven isn't a great idea.

If you can get safely to the top lane bushes before the enemy top champion, and if you can do the full Q-auto-Q-auto-Q-auto combo on them straight from a bush, it should be quite a beating at level 1. There might be one or two champions this isn't a good idea against, but it's certainly a nice way to start the game if you can do it safely.

Oh and last note, go boots potions first! I won't go into further item stuff because you didn't ask, but I at least recommend boots potions.

Blizzard

Banned
Do you pick Q in level 1 when facing Teemo?
Out of 113 games I wrote down Riven notes for, I've only ever faced Teemo twice. Once was apparently top versus ashe + teemo, and I went 6/1/4 and won. The other was top versus teemo and then blitzcrank, I went 2/1/3 and apparently got carried by a strong Graves on my team.

I would expect Teemo SHOULD own Riven as long as he can harass from a distance and use move quick to escape. I think I would still take Q if I was going to try to attack from a bush when Teemo entered the lane, hoping that he was not already in the bush. Taking W? No good, you'd have to close the gap and you'd still get blinded before you go there to autoattack. Taking shield? You might eliminate the blinding shot damage, but then you can't hit your autoattacks so it's still no good. I'd just wait until I had all 3 abilities unless I caught him with the Q combo out of the bush, I think. I don't think blind blocks Q.

Ideally, there are probably better champs to play top against Teemo -- I'm not sure which. Yorick, but then Yorick is strong top versus nearly everyone I assume.

Inskipp

I would expect Teemo SHOULD own Riven as long as he can harass from a distance and use move quick to escape.
Riven is very much capable of laning against Teemo, her shield can block most of the damage Teemo will try to initially lay in, and his autoattacks will thus cause the lane to be pushed, due to attracting creep aggro.

Riven is a strong laner because she can alter her skill order to suit your needs. Starting with E against a harassing cunt is just one example.

Achtius

Riven is very much capable of laning against Teemo, her shield can block most of the damage Teemo will try to initially lay in, and his autoattacks will thus cause the lane to be pushed, due to attracting creep aggro.

Riven is a strong laner because she can alter her skill order to suit your needs. Starting with E against a harassing cunt is just one example.

do you take q at lvl 1 against teemo?

Out of 113 games I wrote down Riven notes for, I've only ever faced Teemo twice. Once was apparently top versus ashe + teemo, and I went 6/1/4 and won. The other was top versus teemo and then blitzcrank, I went 2/1/3 and apparently got carried by a strong Graves on my team.

I would expect Teemo SHOULD own Riven as long as he can harass from a distance and use move quick to escape. I think I would still take Q if I was going to try to attack from a bush when Teemo entered the lane, hoping that he was not already in the bush. Taking W? No good, you'd have to close the gap and you'd still get blinded before you go there to autoattack. Taking shield? You might eliminate the blinding shot damage, but then you can't hit your autoattacks so it's still no good. I'd just wait until I had all 3 abilities unless I caught him with the Q combo out of the bush, I think. I don't think blind blocks Q.

Ideally, there are probably better champs to play top against Teemo -- I'm not sure which. Yorick, but then Yorick is strong top versus nearly everyone I assume.

Wow! You take notes? Goddamn.

Blizzard

Banned
Wow! You take notes? Goddamn.
I figured I wanted to be consistent with someone, so I started making brief notes with the record and matchup for each Riven game. I planned to post the stats but I've been too lazy to put it all together (most common top lane champions, win percentage, etc.). And I'm only like 55% wins with riven anyway, up to 68% with kat in ranked now. I'm doing the same brief note thing with kat trying to get consistent.

Then in theory I'd reach a point where I can no longer win with kat, so I'll need to be consistent with still more champions.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm gonna go ahead and post this since after like 1200 League of Legends games, I don't know if I'll ever get 10 normal/ranked wins in a row. 8 seems to be my limit (with the custom games to throw off the nice picture)

kat_1diktx.png

I keep getting lucky with good teammates and stuff though, so I'm afraid I might end up with a huge losing streak. =/

John

I figured I wanted to be consistent with someone, so I started making brief notes with the record and matchup for each Riven game. I planned to post the stats but I've been too lazy to put it all together (most common top lane champions, win percentage, etc.). And I'm only like 55% wins with riven anyway, up to 68% with kat in ranked now. I'm doing the same brief note thing with kat trying to get consistent.

Then in theory I'd reach a point where I can no longer win with kat, so I'll need to be consistent with still more champions.

dude 0_0

i enjoy playing you because you're very communicative (and that's why i'm always bugging you about invites xd), but this is just neat. do share your stats sometime.

JesseZao

One bug I've found with spectating is when the game is launching (logo in center screen) and I click another window to keep it in front (I play in borderless/windowed mode) the game launches with the top left corner in the middle of my monitor. So I can only see the NW quadrant of the game and I can't access the menu since it's partially off-screen.

Since the menu goes off-screen when I choose any option, I get stuck and have to manually close the game and restart it.

Rayven

aka surume
One bug I've found with spectating is when the game is launching (logo in center screen) and I click another window to keep it in front (I play in borderless/windowed mode) the game launches with the top left corner in the middle of my monitor. So I can only see the NW quadrant of the game and I can't access the menu since it's partially off-screen.

Since the menu goes off-screen when I choose any option, I get stuck and have to manually close the game and restart it.

Think we're aware of this bug. You should be able to alt TAB and then come back to LoL to resolve.

Rayven, two queries:

1) Is there a hotkey to toggle chat boxes in spectator mode? Manually clicking is cumbersome.

2) I hate hate hate that I can't click on the minimap to move my viewpoint. The directed camera is really, really good, but sometimes I just want to drag the box around. It's kinda instinct at the point to click the minimap to get to a point of interest.

Ferrio

Banned
Either all the spec matches I watch people don't chat or it doesn't work. All it shows is the alerts to items people bought.

Inskipp

Either all the spec matches I watch people don't chat or it doesn't work. All it shows is the alerts to items people bought.
Are you referring to team chat or all chat? Team chat is intentionally hidden, to my understanding. As for the lack of all chat, that could be due to the recent all chat- disable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Remove Yorick from the fucking game.

Or just Dominion.

Such a stupid ass hero.

I think you guys might want to practice the headbutt pulverise combo in a custom games :p

Took me about 30minutes to perfect it. It becomes an instinct after a while.
My problem with the combo is when I'm chasing someone and they're just out of range, it's sort of hard to tell when W is going to land.

Tankvelynn OP

nmuNU.jpg

Complete build would've be:
Merc Treads
Randuin
Wit's
Trinity Force
Rylai
Sunfire / Atma

Pretty funny (and expected) that I had four dodges before the game started. Still, teammates talked shit about me in the pre-game chat.

Remove Yorick from the fucking game.

Or just Dominion.

Such a stupid ass hero.

Play Cho'Gath, Tryndamere, or Nasus. If you're against him in Dominion, play Morde and start with armor or Sivir. Boomerang as soon as the red ghoul comes out.

Alistair with armor also out-pushes him. AP Yi destroys Yorick.

The red ghoul deals physical damage and heals Yorick for a % of that. If you build armor, it can't deal much damage to you.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Play Cho'Gath, Tryndamere, or Nasus. If you're against him in Dominion, play Morde and start with armor or Sivir. Boomerang as soon as the red ghoul comes out.

Alistair with armor also out-pushes him. AP Yi destroys Yorick.

The red ghoul deals physical damage and heals Yorick for a % of that. If you build armor, it can't deal much damage to you.
Of those champs, only Trynd is worth a shit on Dom so I'm still left with a quandary.

I haven't considered AP Yi, surely he would get outlaned in the very start?

Ferga

Of those champs, only Trynd is worth a shit on Dom so I'm still left with a quandary.

I haven't considered AP Yi, surely he would get outlaned in the very start?

Nope, he can't stop your heal. Just alpha strike, AA him and let him get you really low and press heal.

This is if he doesnt take ignite. Never seen a yorick with ignite though.

Koomaster

Think we're aware of this bug. You should be able to alt TAB and then come back to LoL to resolve.
This worked for me yesterday. Loaded up a match to spectate but the 'borders' of the screen were off so I couldn't access the menu. Just Alt+Tab and then clicked the icon to bring it back and it was fixed.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I was doing solo ranked and got up to 1400ish in like 15 games. Then my friend decided we should duo queue because he was only 12-something.

We lost six games in a row. Almost every single game we had 0-2 deaths combined throughout the laning phase, but some other lane would go 0/9 and feed their lane so bad that he wrecked the entire team in teamfights. I'm starting to believe in ELO hell.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I was playing Renek/Skarner/Support Ali. None of them can really carry too hard. I was 11/3/11 in one game, but their carries were fed too much for it to mean anything.

Practically every game was played against people with 500+ ranked wins too, that probably didn't help.

bjaelke

Renekton is a decent carry. He can really dominate top lane transform the lead over to the team fights. I've found that a lot of people underestimate his ultimate in team fights. I think it does 100 dps at rank 3 but unfortunately scales off AP.

Just lost a game where the kill score was 47-16 in our favor :((((

John

just did my first game as ryze, went from 1/4/2 vs kass to a 7/4/7 win maybe eight minutes later when we got every mid tower in one run. fuck skillshots, who needs ahri and lux xd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom