• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

But does that mean... :O

Also, this thread is going to become filled with people trashtalking other people's games while no longer playing themselves. It is our DESTINY.

haha your detective work is lacking. Also, I've seen people talk about how they watch LoL more than they play now, but i don't really see gaf going out of its way to criticize other gaffers too much. It will bring a degree of transparency though (the whole post a match, talk about it and people only have your word to go on thing).

@Rayven
But yeah, is there a function to disallow spectating? I probably wouldn't use it personally, but this does bring a degree of panopticism that makes me feel uncomfortable.

And sometimes some people on your team are kind of morons (dat solo queue), and make horrible decisions, and you are trying to move on from the mire of their stupidity, but then someone whispers (Ferrio) that your vayne has no sense of positioning, why did she build pd first, etc. I knowwwwwww :(

otherwise spec function seems great. I watched chronos's game (I don't know how many solo queue games I will be watching in the future, it's like deciding to watch big hot messes), the automatic camera functioned well, no bugs. The transition from automatic to manual camera is seamless, whatever ai failings it has can be mitigated really easily. I wish I could watch in real time, but of course that is asking for a bit much.

Are the grand finals in LA closed to the public? What are the chances we could attend? Kiunch should go too, because there will likely be ahri cosplay.

How come I can't see chat in Spec mode? I turn All-Chat on, but I only hear the chat, not see. Are those the chat problems they were talking about?

Flare

How ccome I can't see chat in Spec mode? I turn All-Chat on, but I only hear the chat, not see. Are those the chat problems they were talking about?

You have to turn chat on, it should be under the Interface Visibility options beside Fog of War toggles.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So with spectating mode there's no way to save replays is there? I hope they're working on that next.

https://twitter.com/#!/psotto/status/197447842833502208

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=23823381#post23823381

We are working on it. There's a big gap between "OK" and "meets or exceeds our players' expectations", and we are shooting for the latter. Doing that does take significant amounts of time and effort though. Spectator mode is part of the process in achieving this.

I'm glad that they're taking their time with these updates. I think they could've released the spectator mode without the direct camera much much sooner but it would not have been as great. I'm looking forward to the replay system giving Blizzard a run for their money.

I had to log out and back in. Then again because nothing was displayed in the window to spectate. It was gone. Watching now, though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Not sure if laggy on my end or if it's PvP net.

JesseZao

Dyrus is such a downer when he duos with oddone. Even though he gets a bit silly, oddone is the only tsm stream i can stand (chaox is alright, but rarely talked last time I checked his stream).

Crumbz(nyjacky)/Scarra are still the best though.

Edit: Never really watched Ocelote, guess I'll check him out next time nobody is on twitch.

Pancakes

No love for Ocelote? Pretty decent taste in music and he does try to help noobies at times.

Telaso

Banned
Dyrus is such a downer when he duos with oddone. Even though he gets a bit silly, oddone is the only tsm stream i can stand (chaox is alright, but rarely talked last time I checked his stream).

Crumbz(nyjacky)/Scarra are still the best though.

Edit: Never really watched Ocelote, guess I'll check him out next time nobody is on twitch.

Sounds cliche, but HotShot is my favorite streamer, just for the random comments he makes.

The best was when he sang the "I have baron, and i'm coming for you" song while playing Nidalee. He wasnt laughing or making it sound like a joke, just improving while chasing someone down.

Edit: I hope tickets to the world championships have VIP passes, and they dont sell out in like 30 seconds, because I'd love to get in on that!

Blizzard

Banned
I watched one of the show games (with Dyrus etc.) and there was some really bad freezing when big teamfights were happening, but at least you can rewind later.

Ferrio, were you whispering to me from inside the spectator mode? Or did you exit first and then whisper.

Rayven, I have a request -- can we please get a button to toggle the gold display? I see the icon to toggle it, but it would be nice to have a mappable button that switches back and forth if I want to have a quick glance at everyone's gold.

Pancakes

Huh, apparently LoLRecorder is saving the games that I spectate. Very interesting.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is Malphite a good jungler? I see him played as one a lot.
He is really good versus certain team comps. If they enemy team is heavy reliant on attack speed he can destroy. This is a good week to play Malphite because everyone is playing Heracim.

Nothing like winning a game because the other team was worse than yours. Good lord.

6zDtx.png

Right off the bat we have Trundle AFK. Xin and Hecarim go bot, and don't reply when I ask if I could go instead (I had already bought my items and shit). Urgot went mid. I wound up having to go solo top against Nunu, and Trundle didn't come back until I was level 5 or 6.

Anyway, these guys would not listen to me. I would ping towers, but they'd go after the enemy as soon as they appeared out of the fog of war a good ways away. I also had to be the one to constantly go top and clear minion waves from turrets. Bah. Luckily I was making a lot of money to buy wards en masse.

I was expecting a loss as soon as the game started. Yay to being wrong.

bjaelke

I don't play Urgot, but Randuin? I thought he's supposed to stay away from fights.

Urgot is a tank/ad carry. He's ultimate lets you swap position with an enemy - preferably their ad carry - which puts both of you in dangerous positions. Frozen Heart and Banshee's Veil are not uncommon on him although there are quite a few different builds floating around.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Big IP banking.
AcZfe.jpg

Nerf Mundo harder next time Riot.
Seriously though the nerfs kind of hurt his early game.

MultiCore

Dear Riot,

I really enjoy LoL. I want to keep playing it. However, I'm often in a warzone for months on end, with terrible satellite internet as my only means of reaching the outside world.

I can connect to League's servers in each region; however due to the nature of sending internet signals into space and back, my ping is in excess of 800ms, and my connection just isn't reliable; it will often reset due to the volume of traffic our site sends/receives.

When I'm at home, I'm stuck working at a place where I can't bring in my personal computer, and I can't get on the League servers from work. (They're blocked.)

I know I can't possibly influence policy decisions, but I just want to stay sharp, at the very least.

Can we get some kind of offline mode? I just want to play... It would be great to have League for our local LAN out here too. There are at least a few soldiers that I'm sure would love to play with me out here.

I just want to play Riot. I can barely deal with beginner bots at 800ms.

Sincerely,
SelfDeception (US servers)

Viktor's laser feels great to land, but it seems a bit random sometimes. It won't reach where I think it will reach, and sometimes it barely comes out. I've been using him in Dominion for practice.

I got a painful game in a while ago. We won, but it was painful. I was Taric, of course. Team synergy was lacking, both in Champions and players. We had no AP, and our Renekton would just go by himself. Everyone was all over the place, but at least we won most team fights.

That said, the more I play, the more I realize I'm probably only going to be decent as support D: I would have bought Lulu, but Viktor looked like a lot of fun--and he is! I'm really liking him. I just need to get used to being quicker and accurate with the laser.

Oh, and I spec'd your game, Ferrio :D I recognized three of the names only, though. You, the jungler, and top. Pretty good game.

garath

I love the 2 sales a week thing but really I'm mystified how more of the champs I want aren't popping up:

Akali
Ezreal
Miss Fortune (fortunately she got voted in for this week)
Morde
Talon
Fiora
Vlad

Those 7 will make me a happy man. Especially Ezreal and Vlad. I want those two the most.

Vlad will fill out my top role as well as my favored mid. I got stuck on top a couple times recently and went with the nerfed Irelia. Got pretty crushed. Of course I'll have to see how she holds up now after this patch.

Blizzard

Banned
Big IP banking.

Nerf Mundo harder next time Riot.
Seriously though the nerfs kind of hurt his early game.
Haha, you're only around 1200! *insert other generic elo comments*

The IP boost was nice. I'm pretty sure I got all 10 of my wins on normal games, not bot/custom, so I jumped up like 4000+ IP.

Avinexus

I love the 2 sales a week thing but really I'm mystified how more of the champs I want aren't popping up:

Akali
Ezreal
Morde
Talon
Fiora
Vlad

Those 7 will make me a happy man. Especially Ezreal and Vlad. I want those two the most.

Vlad will fill out my top role as well as my favored mid. I got stuck on top a couple times recently and went with the nerfed Irelia. Got pretty crushed. Of course I'll have to see how she holds up now after this patch.

Why waste RP on 3150 champs?

Ferga

WOWWWWwwwww at the azubuu semifinal 5th game

MiG frost was down by 7k gold and was almost about to lose BUT THEY DIDN'T GIVE UP!

Just when xenic was about to finish off the nexus turrets with only 4 of MiG's members up(their shen got caught out of position), MiG comes back with a single sona ult. Their sona support carried the entire team in the end with perfect flash ults to initiate 3 fights in a row. I am shocked at that comeback. It looked as if MiG had no chance, they were being pushed around all game, losing all the early dragons and the first baron.

All 5 games were just so intense to watch. GG korean teams. Really hope MiG frost and blaze are able to participate in major tournaments in the future. It's been unreal watching them play.

Volimar

WOWWWWwwwww at the azubuu semifinal 5th game

MiG frost was down by 7k gold and was almost about to lose BUT THEY DIDN'T GIVE UP!

Just when xenic was about to finish off the nexus turrets with only 4 of MiG's members up(their shen got caught out of position), MiG comes back with a single sona ult. Their sona support carried the entire team in the end with perfect flash ults to initiate 3 fights in a row. I am shocked at that comeback. It looked as if MiG had no chance, they were being pushed around all game, losing all the early dragons and the first baron.

All 5 games were just so intense to watch. GG korean teams. Really hope MiG frost and blaze are able to participate in major tournaments in the future. It's been unreal watching them play.

Yep, good matches. Too bad about the lag for viewers though.

Samyy

Akali
Ezreal
Morde
Talon
Fiora
Vlad

Picked up Ezreal and Vlad at full price, never looked back, extremely fun champsions (my current favourites). I even got the legendary skin for Vlad, I think they're worth the full price :/

garath

Why waste RP on 3150 champs?

More money than time. I only get ~10-12 games a week. Runes are very expensive and I'd rather pay a few bucks for an on sale champion than waste the IP I could spend on runes.

Picked up Ezreal and Vlad at full price, never looked back, extremely fun champsions (my current favourites). I even got the legendary skin for Vlad, I think they're worth the full price :/

I've debated Ezreal full price a bunch of times. I just keep thinking he'll be the next sale though... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom