• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

What determines the rotation of free champs? Seems like Cho/Zilean/Singed/Ash were just free recently. And this week we had Ahri which was free just 2/3 weeks back.

Blizzard

Banned
Lux isn't expensive, and surely she must have been free, but I'm literally not sure I can remember her ever being free in the last year. Maybe once or twice?

Achtius

What determines the rotation of free champs? Seems like Cho/Zilean/Singed/Ash were just free recently. And this week we had Ahri which was free just 2/3 weeks back.

Every rotation have a range ad, tank, support, assassin, ap.

But there is an unwritten rule that Ashe must be on rotation every other week.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Longest without a free week:

Kennen May 24, 2011
Tristana June 21, 2011 (available for free through Facebook)
Akali June 27, 2011
Udyr June 27, 2011 (Free this week)
Lux August 15, 2011
Evelynn October 4, 2010

Blizzard

Banned

Kennen May 24, 2011
Akali June 27, 2011
Lux August 15, 2011
Evelynn October 4, 2010
HA, I'm not crazy. I might have actually started playing right when/after Lux was free. She's probably the only champion besides a few of the very recent ones that I haven't played. That's weird though, since I thought I played Kennen.

Achtius

HA, I'm not crazy. I might have actually started playing righit when/after Lux was free. She's probably the only champion besides a few of the very recent ones that I haven't played. That's weird though, since I thought I played Kennen.

and I started the week after udyr/akali was on rotation... lol

inky

Kennen May 24, 2011
Akali June 27, 2011
Lux August 15, 2011
Evelynn October 4, 2010

Wow, this explains why I have never played Kennen, Trist, Akali or Evelynn. Udyr and Lux I bought.

They also said they want to keep easier to play champs in rotation more often.

Blizzard

Banned
Oooh, Hecarim. I wanted to try him so I guess I can soon. I've started playing Nasus too which is interesting.
Where "interesting" = "Q minions for 30 minutes" for the most part. ;p I mean you can get pentakills or whatever after that, but the farm man, the farm!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Where "interesting" = "Q minions for 30 minutes" for the most part. ;p I mean you can get pentakills or whatever after that, but the farm man, the farm!
Timing the Q to maximize last hits on as many minions as possible is fun for me. I love Nasus and wish I had the opportunity to play him more regularly. He is an incredibly fun and disruptive front line champion. His damage output is actually absurd. Like, if you look up what his ultimate can do you will be kind of shocked. It's just that he has such a hard time laning.

Shouta

Farming Q is hot but more than that, getting in and just going crazy with this Ultimate is fun.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Getting ganked by a gottagofast Hecarim from the bushes is absolutely terrifying.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I have more than enough free IP to buy any champ. Can't decide if I should wait for Varus or just buy whomever I want right now.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So I have more than enough free IP to buy any champ. Can't decide if I should wait for Varus or just buy whomever I want right now.

Buy Lulu. Good support, good AP mid, good fun.

Volimar

This gave me a chuckle.

qUQKF.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
This gave me a chuckle.
I know that feeling too well. =( I almost feel like DotA 2 is worse with the dark green and brown shades though, and I think I've heard HoN may be worst of all (I have no personal experience with that).

Even worse if Graves smoke is involved, of course. I hope that mechanic doesn't show up more often.

Pancakes

Is Leona worth learning as a support or should I stick to Janna/Sona/Soraka?

If you can land her skillshot, can initiate properly, and enjoy not being able to kill anything, go for it. I personally feel like the 3 that you listed are better choices than her though.

Ken

If you can land her skillshot, can initiate properly, and enjoy not being able to kill anything, go for it. I personally feel like the 3 that you listed are better choices than her though.

I just like her character design. Hopefully the Soraka remodel is good.

Blizzard

Banned
Leona is all about crowd control. If you know someone that is really good at pantheon or jarvan, you can have a hilariously deadly bottom lane combination. Just depends if you like the playstyle of her abilities...try her when she's free if possible.

Vanillalite

Is Varus tonight/tomorrow night?

I was assuming it's gotta be soon, but then again after last patch they might wait a week to make sure the bugs are ironed out.

Think I'll wait and get the new champ at release day. I haven't done that in a long while.

Ken

Leona is all about crowd control. If you know someone that is really good at pantheon or jarvan, you can have a hilariously deadly bottom lane combination. Just depends if you like the playstyle of her abilities...try her when she's free if possible.

I have her but I never really bothered to put much time into playing her. I know that there are way better supports, but I don't really play ranked matches yet so I'm kind of nonchalant about W/L.

She's only viable in kill lanes. If you don't get kills, you fail.

I prefer more consistent supports that get my AD carry fed regardless of whether the enemy makes mistakes like Soraka, Taric, etc.

I feel even Ali is more viable in a kill lane than Leona because a flash > pulv combo can be more than enough damage, though a full Leona CC combo is pretty much guaranteed death.

Culinary

I think I've played my last solo queue ranked game... This community feels poisonous and I felt like I've ignored at least 2 people per ranked game I play. I'm tired of being called some "cunt fucking retard" or some kind of variation every time a mistake is made.

However, I still love this game and want to get better. Is there any way to keep playing with good competition without having to suffer through this game's community? My summoner name is Ihavetwospoons if anyone would like to play!

Vanillalite

So I tend to win when I duo que with my buddy and I got Sona and he goes AD (Graves lately has been his choice) provided we don't just have a horrible other lane, afk, or dc.

When I try to go something else lately things just don't go well for me. :/

Pancakes

So I tend to win when I duo que with my buddy and I got Sona and he goes AD (Graves lately has been his choice) provided we don't just have a horrible other lane, afk, or dc.

When I try to go something else lately things just don't go well for me. :/

Grave's passive in conjunction with Sona's W or Soraka's W makes him very tough to kill. It's actually pretty funny to watch.

Ferga

Sivir

Boomerang Blade bonus attack damage ratio increased to 1.1 from 1.0

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA AHHHAHAHAHAHAH MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Time to bring sivir back into my ad carries rotation

And blasting wand replaces the amp tome in Wota. Damn... that is quite a price difference. Still good to get but it's going to be impossible to get it in the first 10minutes of the game now.

Inskipp

New option added: Show All Chat

Cross-team chat in all games is now hidden by default
Cross-team chat in spectated games will also be hidden by default
If you enjoy competitive banter, opt-in using the new toggle in the 'More Options' menu!
Second-best change included in this patch.

Had an epic Yorick streak today.

One particularly memorable moment was when an opposing Yorick and Lee Sin ganked me at bot. I killed Lee Sin and almost killed Yorick when Corki shows up and finishes me.

P.S. Corki hardcounters Yorick. Nothin' I can do there... :/

Shouta

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA AHHHAHAHAHAHAH MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Time to bring sivir back into my ad carries rotation

And blasting wand replaces the amp tome in Wota. Damn... that is quite a price difference. Still good to get but it's going to be impossible to get it in the first 10minutes of the game now.

1.1 now, eh? I play Sivir as my second secondary ranged character so it'll be nice to have a bit more punch with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom