• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
I like Fiora because she's stupidly simple to play. Can't personaly comment on hecarim, though my friend says he's fun in team fights. He should be free soon though.

I like Fiora because she's stupidly simple to play. Can't personaly comment on hecarim, though my friend says he's fun in team fights. He should be free soon though.

Tell me how to play her. I think she's fun but I'm too stupid to figure out how to actually play her.

Shouta

Generally speaking, ranged characters will beat tanky HP characters because they'll have champions in front of them to protect them somewhat.

EDIT: directed camera on the player is close enough to first person view I suppose

Yeah, it's easier with someone helping out but oh god running away from one can be scary when you don't have someone covering in front of you, lol.

y2dvd

iX3kR.jpg

This game had all the signs of us losing. Whenever I get a duo queue on my team, I lose 90% of the time. We had a duo queue. Team is fighting from the start. Leblanc goes ad runes and gets mej and refuses to leash for our Lee. Thankfully, the duo queue held their own and Lee did a great job ganking. I eventually was behind in cs vs Udyr but I was also busy gankingf.

One more win to 1800s!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am very impressed with the spectator mode if it works as well as advertised. Is there really no delay in rewinding like shown in the video?

Blizzard

Banned
Broke my 7-game winning streak, went 14/5/15 katarina and still lost the game. Had a 14/8/15 fiora on our team too so we were just beyond horrible in teamfights.

I truly don't understand some people. Our AD carry, ashe, had absolutely no defensive item of any form. Okay, it's Ashe. But then she had nearly the lowest minion kills on the team, aside from support. Okay, maybe they're just bad. Then they died 12 times. Okay I understand maybe they're really bad, that happens. But when the top players on your team are going mid and begging you to at least come with them when we could win the game, and you run off to solo dragon late in the game when we don't need it?

You'd think even if they were bad they could at least play along with the people who were doing well. :p

And I mean I understand, I'm horrible elo, I'm bad etc., but I've played 251 ranked games and have NEVER had more than 11 deaths. It's almost bizarre how some people go over that.

This game had all the signs of us losing. Whenever I get a duo queue on my team, I lose 90% of the time. We had a duo queue. Team is fighting from the start. Leblanc goes ad runes and gets mej and refuses to leash for our Lee. Thankfully, the duo queue held their own and Lee did a great job ganking. I eventually was behind in cs vs Udyr but I was also busy gankingf.

One more win to 1800s!

Your Lee Sin was impeccable today.

Ferrio

Banned
Ugh I hate when your internet goes out when playing a game.

Because you ripped the cord from the wall and threw the modem across the room in anger.

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh I hate when your internet goes out when playing a game.

Because you ripped the cord from the wall and threw the modem across the room in anger.
Calm down there cowboy. My favorite disconnect was my team's after I lost the kat game. I wanted to go mid, someone else took Anivia. Might have died early. Then promptly disconnected for 5-10 minutes.

They finally came back, and when asked why said something like "im brazilian and this fk riot disconnect me". In retrospect, maybe they meant Riot, but I had this brief image of an angry mob cutting this guy's network cable.

I was playing jungle warwick and had a good game for once...held mid after anivia left, went 14/2/7, and might have had two triple kills in the same game. Ended up winning with Anivia back.

Blizzard

Banned
LeBlanc 0/5: SHACO SO OP.
Me: buy wards
LeBlanc: wards are a waste. you just need to be good.
Yeah, and one of my other favorites is people being all "wards are the support's job" (meanwhile the AD carry or AP mid is buying wards while begging them to do the same).

Ken

Had a great game as Urgot going 10-4. Of course, we lost because the Ashe on my team thought it was best to build defensive items right after her Phantom Dancer (and no IE).

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Kiunch is a dirty leaver.

Sorry my internet died for an hour, ended up finishing some steam game instead =p.

One more win to 1800s!

Stop making me wanting to play ranked, I would drop back to 1600 so quick =/

broz0rs

I played a game where our jungle Maokai warded both top and bot brush. I was in disbelief. lol

he ended up going 5-1, and allowed me to easily win bot lane. After the game in chat, I let him know his warding allowed us to win.

Somax

Why do I keep looking at the lol community boards?
I can feel my respect for humanity getting lower and lower with every page I read.

Anyway, the new spectator mode looks nice, and I'm looking forward the next patch mainly for the item changes... the new Morello's tome seems quite cool.

Q8D3vil

Why do I keep looking at the lol community boards?
I can feel my respect for humanity getting lower and lower with every page I read.

Anyway, the new spectator mode looks nice, and I'm looking forward the next patch mainly for the item changes... the new Morello's tome seems quite cool.

LoL is not the only game with that kind of community, every moba games have that kind of attitude and even 1v1 games like sc2

Pjodor

Neo Member
Yes, the new spectator mode look awsome :) great way to kill time when you wait for your friends that is in a match atm :)

Blizzard

Banned
Had a Garen who insisted on jungling so our Fiddle got forced to mid. Thought he was trolling. Immediately went 8/0/4.

Mind = blown
The Garen or the Fiddlesticks? Fiddlesticks mid can be sort of decent like Soraka, I think, depending on the matchup. I think anyone with silence mid is supposed to be semi-reasonable (sometimes Talon, for instance).

Blizzard

Banned
I need to work on my psychicness. I'm like, I think I should do well against this team, maybe I should build mejai's for once...nah I'm not doing well early. Then I ended up going 19/5/10 katarina.

Of course I was dying too much against fizz early, and they had a ridiculous AP nidalee who was murdering our team with mobility boots and one defense item, but other than that we did okay and won.

Samyy

Anyone else play on a 13inch MBP (2011)?
The fan runs really loud and its really laggy after a game, im just scared im damaging the computer.
I have to wait like 1-2mins after a game is done to even open a new chrome tab

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anyone else play on a 13inch MBP (2011)?
The fan runs really loud and its really laggy after a game, im just scared im damaging the computer.
I have to wait like 1-2mins after a game is done to even open a new chrome tab

I play on my laptop too, though I use one of those little fan bases that you put under the laptop. Might not be a bad idea to invest in one.

Telaso

Banned
I dont understand this game. Just how inbalanced it all is for ranked.

First game, got a ori/twitch bot. They fed 6 kills by level 4. The nidalee top fed 2 kills by level 5. I was jungling, the reason they died was not ganking, just losing the lane.

Second game. Lee sin and Maokai both left after they failed ganked top twice. Spiraled out of control after that.

Just every game I play ends up like this....

y2dvd

Your Lee Sin was impeccable today.
Thanks! My Lee is pretty random. Sometimes I'm terrible. Sometimes I can own like in that game. Wish we had Spectators mode for that game lol. Had me blushing with all those high regards. ;P

Yeah, and one of my other favorites is people being all "wards are the support's job" (meanwhile the AD carry or AP mid is buying wards while begging them to do the same).

If anyone has the gold for it, get wards. As jungler, I get a few. In top lane, I always make sure I carry a ward. In mid, I usually ward a side and hopefully my jungler could ward the other. Bot during laning phases is where I'd expect the support to do all the warding, but mid/late game if the carry can afford one, I expect him to get one also.

Stop making me wanting to play ranked, I would drop back to 1600 so quick =/
That's my biggest fear. I've dropped huge elos before, but I've been pretty consistent lately. Gotta keep climbing on up!

Blizzard

Banned
I dont understand this game. Just how inbalanced it all is for ranked.

First game, got a ori/twitch bot. They fed 6 kills by level 4. The nidalee top fed 2 kills by level 5. I was jungling, the reason they died was not ganking, just losing the lane.

Second game. Lee sin and Maokai both left after they failed ganked top twice. Spiraled out of control after that.

Just every game I play ends up like this....
That's basically how it is a lot of the time, especially in ranked. People will be afk in lobby, or afk under their turret, or afk at spawn, or disconnect because their computer exploded, or ragequit after dying 3 times, or stay ingame but die 14 times, all the while calling you racist slurs. Ultimately it's a good bit of a crapshoot which team ends up with the griefer(s), and the team with fewer griefers or horrible players should win.

That's my biggest fear. I've dropped huge elos before, but I've been pretty consistent lately. Gotta keep climbing on up!

I just dropped from above 1500 to below 1400 because I was playing while I was really sick/half delirious. Holy hell people below 1400 are horrible haha, I easily carried games where I wasn't even playing that well. Back up to mid-1400s.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
It's sad really. A big company like Blizzard can't even offer us SC2 fans a reconnect option or even basic LAN. I hope LoL outgrows SC2 and forces Blizzard to step their game up.
LoL and SC2 aren't even competing, one is an RTS and one isn't.

Judging by how sad Blizzard DOTA looks, MOBA's aren't a genre Blizzard considers worth competing in.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
LoL and SC2 aren't even competing, one is an RTS and one isn't.

They don't have to be the same genre to compete for viewers. I'm talking about live events like MLG, IPL, and Dreamhack. Halo just recently got dropped from the main MLG circuit (more than likely because of SC2's growth and MLG picking up LoL).

You may not have heard but there was a big debacle recently at IPL when an important SC2 match was (arguably) over but one player disconnected due to Battle.net and they had to regame. The player that was behind in the first game ended up winning. The crowd was pissed as all hell and started chanting "we want LAN" while Blizzard's CEO was sitting in the audience. And yet, there is still no sign of Blizzard giving a crap. Stuff like that hurts the legitimacy of all esports.

I agree with you on Blizzard DOTA though. I doubt that game can seriously compete against LoL and DOTA2.

Blizzard

Banned
kat_2lpxrd.png

That may have been the most uneven ranked game I've seen yet. Renekton and possibly others started trolling near the end, just suiciding into our team, but early on I think they were at least trying. Mid lane was pretty even against ahri, but she was farming without mana, and I decided to try buying mejais + hextech revolver when I went back to base.

I ended up with 20 stacks. I'm not sure I've ever even bought a snowball item in ranked before...notice that pantheon had one too, lol. We killed the nexus at like 22 minutes.

Also, since I started learning katarina and playing AP mid a good bit instead of just solo top/jungle, I've jumped up 150-180 elo or something. It could just be luck, so I hope it doesn't end soon.

Ken

Not sure how we won since we were losing the entire time until the first and only Baron fight where we took out 4/5 of them and 3 turrets and an inhibitor. I was also doing terribly in the jungle as their Shyvana kept stealing everything.

windz

Only been playing a month and did a lot of co-op AI to start, but am focused on normal games and learning now. Feels good when I have a game like this :)

ahri.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
200+ elo increase since I started maining katarina mid instead of riven top or other champions jungling. I think I did well as riven, but just wasn't good enough to carry with that compared with katarina and/or I didn't try to help mid lane enough. I think Riven is at maybe 55% wins, kat maybe a bit over 60%, but that may go down if my luck breaks and I start getting griefers/afk people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom