• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rofl what is this? What team is relevant if CLG isn't? TSM, CLG, CLGeu, M5, Dig are the top 5 in the rest of the world, what else is left?
Losing by 15k gold at the 25/30 minute mark to Korean B teams is just CLG being their junky selves. Sometimes they'll have good games and lucky runs but most of the time they operate poorly as a team and are held back by limited champion sets.

I don't mean to say Korean teams are bad, but they haven't proven anything today. They still have a lot to prove in global tournaments on a game that has been dominated by EU and NA teams for the last year. I don't think M5 is a top team either, they just broke the new meta and lucked out. They're a bunch of scumbags anyways so it's probably for the best. They got crushed by Absolute Legends today.
Don't just leave us hanging, what happened?!
She did bad but her team carried her and won every lane and the game. They had a TF pick mid that made up for the lack of map presence she had. Riven on my team got crushed in her lane even though I ganked it multiple times and picked her up kills. There was an Ashe on my team who built Zeal first to "run away from Fizz", so she hit for nothing and the game just slowly went to the enemy team with map control.

How are people building Hecarim? I've trying early Trinity but it is such a big item I'm not doing much damage early-mid.

Beyond trinity it's:
Wit's end
Ionic Spark
BT

Late game he becomes a God getting there is the problem.

Achtius

How are people building Hecarim? I've trying early Trinity but it is such a big item I'm not doing much damage early-mid.

Beyond trinity it's:
Wit's end
Ionic Spark
BT

Late game he becomes a God getting there is the problem.

I got rape by a guy using BT, 2 PD, while playing as urgot on dom.

Blizzard

Banned
I think I have seen two pretty successful vayne's on my teams lately. One had IE in under 15 minutes. The other had three BT and an IE and got a pentakill. Might have been partly a cleanup kill but it was still nice. Then they spammed chat about the pentakill, promptly got instagibbed a time or two, and we nearly lost the game anyway. =P

This gonna be good.

edit: the results. Feels bad man.

We threw away an amazing early game with Lee getting fed 12/0. He had Merc Treads and Triforce by 12 mins FFS.

We somehow kept losing every teamfight after mid game.

Samyy

This gonna be good.

edit: the results. Feels bad man.

We threw away an amazing early game with Lee getting fed 12/0. We somehow kept losing every teamfight after mid game.

might be because lee sin isnt the strongest late game?
I usually try to feed the lanes instead of taking kills myself

Bkabw.jpg

Apparently M5 still haven't learned their lesson.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Niiiiice, Rayven.

Now I can play LoL even less and just spec all day.

EDIT: The time skipping thing is sorely needed in DOTA2 and I'm glad to see it here. However I noticed the omission of a player perspective camera view. Is that planned for the future or is it impossible with the way LoL is set up? I think player perspective is one of the best tools for learning from a good player.

JesseZao

It sounded like the directed camera was just an additional feature on top of what we already had in the beta. Very exciting news, can't wait to use it!

dimb

Looks great. I'm curious to see how many players it supports spectating games, particularly for featured games.

Rayven

aka surume
Niiiiice, Rayven.

Now I can play LoL even less and just spec all day.

EDIT: The time skipping thing is sorely needed in DOTA2 and I'm glad to see it here. However I noticed the omission of a player perspective camera view. Is that planned for the future or is it impossible with the way LoL is set up? I think player perspective is one of the best tools for learning from a good player.

What do you like about player perspective? When has it been useful for you?

Wait....spectator mode still isn't in the game? Jesus Christ how long has it been in development for? I just started playing again after taking off for four months. I thought it was in the game.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Wait....spectator mode still isn't in the game? Jesus Christ how long has it been in development for? I just started playing again after taking off for four months. I thought it was in the game.

It's been in a very limited form (2 spectators only, and only allowed to connect when creating the game) since quite some time, but now it's finally in a usable form for everyone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's pretty much my default camera option when I spec DOTA2 games and SC2 games (back when I still played).

The main point of it for me is to be able to see how a player is using his camera, where he's looking, how he's managing his creeps (not applicable to LoL obviously) and how he's controlling his champion's movement. Basically, I use it to learn to emulate what better players are doing on a deeper level than just item builds and skill builds.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I like seeing players clicks in DOTA2, especially ones much better than I am.

For LoL, I'll just like seeing my friends mess up and make fun of them for it while I'm waiting for them to finish up so we can queue together.

From a comment on reddit:

The implications for LoL in eSports terms are huge. Imagine tourny games being broadcast with a sort of picture in picture after a teamfight - on the main screen, we look through the teamfight that just happened in detail, in slow motion. Simultaneously, in the bottom corner a smaller picture from the other caster, or perhaps a seperate computer set to directed mode, showing the teams regrouping, farming, etc. during their downtime.

Simply put, League of Legends has what professional sports have had for a long time now: Slow-motion Instant Replay. This is huge, folks. Huge.

garath

It's pretty much my default camera option when I spec DOTA2 games and SC2 games (back when I still played).

The main point of it for me is to be able to see how a player is using his camera, where he's looking, how he's managing his creeps (not applicable to LoL obviously) and how he's controlling his champion's movement. Basically, I use it to learn to emulate what better players are doing on a deeper level than just item builds and skill builds.

I can second this. It's why I enjoy watching streams so much. You can learn a lot from a player by spending some time in his shoes. Things like how they move the camera and where they are clicking is a big part of that.

dimb

Wow, can't wait for it. Does Dota2 have the rewind/slow down feature?
There's no rewind in Dota 2. Once something has happened there is no way to go back because the replay system is based on very old/weird stuff.

I know this is a long way out, but I can't wait until we can spectate any match instead of a selected few. Would like to watch a few games of my friends while I'm just chilling but since they aren't streaming, I cannot do that.

y2dvd

Spectator mode will be great for tournaments to do slow replays on highlighted plays. 3 minutes is a bit of a delay though. Don't major tournies only delay it by 1 1/2 minutes?

Awesome!

Like others have stated, knowing what pro-players visually focus on and how they manage their screen real estate is something that is invaluable and can't be conveyed through builds, skill orders, rune/mastery setups, ect.

Finally, I dunno if you guys worked on it specifically, but I'm LOVING the new damage output counters. Seeing what's magic and what's physical gives me a much better idea of my actual damage output.

dimb

Spectator mode will be great for tournaments to do slow replays on highlighted plays. 3 minutes is a bit of a delay though. Don't major tournies only delay it by 1 1/2 minutes?
Ghosting is less of an issue in tournament play when everyone is watching the players.

Rayven

aka surume
Finally, I dunno if you guys worked on it specifically, but I'm LOVING the new damage output counters. Seeing what's magic and what's physical gives me a much better idea of my actual damage output.

That wasn't my team, but I'll let them know you like the feature :)

Color-coded damage numbers were pretty eye opening for me when I first tired them out.

Shouta

Been forgetting to poke my head in recently. I've started playing LoL pretty casually. I've only had 3ish PVP games but enough AI games to get me to level 10, lol. Still learning what gear builds/set-ups work well (and to my taste) for my characters but it's been progressing well. HP builds on tanks are killing me right now though, ugh.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Man...it's just mindblowing how big this game has become in this short amount of time. I wish Riot would branch out into Japan. I feel bad watching nicovideo users have 150-200 ping because they're forced to play on the NA server.

Been forgetting to poke my head in recently. I've started playing LoL pretty casually. I've only had 3ish PVP games but enough AI games to get me to level 10, lol. Still learning what gear builds/set-ups work well (and to my taste) for my characters but it's been progressing well. HP builds on tanks are killing me right now though, ugh.

Either use their strat, or build Kog with Madreds and Frozen Mallet. Laugh, and laugh hard. I bought Kog at the height of the HP TANK meta, especially at my low level.

I enjoyed those games.

Opiate

The spectator mode is really incredible in how fully featured it is. This is a big deal for esports, and it makes one wonder how Blizzard fell behind on all of this. They had it in the palm of their hand, and while they haven't completely fumbled the ball just yet, they've let several competitors (most notably Riot) catch them.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Hopefully replay will come next.

The spec is really nice, I can't think of anything else that I would want in spec mode. May be option to show their rune/mastery will be nice.

Shouta

Either use their strat, or build Kog with Madreds and Frozen Mallet. Laugh, and laugh hard. I bought Kog at the height of the HP TANK meta, especially at my low level.

I enjoyed those games.

I play ranged characters more often than not right now. Mostly Twisted Fate and some Sivir. I tried Graves too and I dig him but don't want to spend the cash to pick him up yet. I've played a bit of Garen though. Getting used to melee characters is rough without proper support when laning. =|

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The spectator mode is really incredible in how fully featured it is. This is a big deal for esports, and it makes one wonder how Blizzard fell behind on all of this. They had it in the palm of their hand, and while they haven't completely fumbled the ball just yet, they've let several competitors (most notably Riot) catch them.

It's sad really. A big company like Blizzard can't even offer us SC2 fans a reconnect option or even basic LAN. I hope LoL outgrows SC2 and forces Blizzard to step their game up.

Hopefully replay will come next.

The spec is really nice, I can't think of anything else that I would want in spec mode. May be option to show their rune/mastery will be nice.

I would like to see charts showing gold advantage over time, farm over time, that sort of thing.

I play ranged characters more often than not right now. Mostly Twisted Fate and some Sivir. I tried Graves too and I dig him but don't want to spend the cash to pick him up yet. I've played a bit of Garen though. Getting used to melee characters is rough without proper support when laning. =|

Then play Kog! If you are playing melee characters top, play people with high sustain or a great escape.

Boken

Banned
Holy shit. Fully featured spectator mode [minus first person view? D:]. And here I thought I was about to quit LoL. Nice timing Rayven.

Generally speaking, ranged characters will beat tanky HP characters because they'll have champions in front of them to protect them somewhat.

EDIT: directed camera on the player is close enough to first person view I suppose

Swig_

I haven't been able to keep up lately.. How are Hecarim and Fiora? I have 10K IP that I want to spend, but I'm not sure who is good and who would be a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom