• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
6E0ck.jpg

I'm soooo happy.

Blizzard

Banned
Ability that goes invincible and pentakills the other team? Sounds OP, Fiora needs a nerf etc. :mad:

I still haven't gotten over quadra (probably Riven).

So what's the general consensus on Hecarim? Is he built pretty much like Skarner?

Our region just got updated and I have ~8k IP sitting. Unsure if I should blow it on him or just MS quints since I only have gp10 quints right now.

Ryan_

So is this game still worth getting into? More and more people I know are playing this but I'm not sure. Will I get a fair chance or should I just wait for Dota2?

Boken

Banned
Haha I think you'd have more of a fair chance here than in DotA2 - especially if you haven't played games of this genre before.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They're both worth playing. LoL has the advantage of being easier to get into, but makes the transition to DOTA harder if you used to LoL. DOTA is difficult to get into, but has the advantage of making you a natural at LoL.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow played a game with a friend who initially forced me to start playing this game. Hadn't played with him since I was sub 30. The normal elo he's in isn't so hot. Went 23/1/8 with ashe without even trying. The enemy team was Blitz solo top, annie mid, jax/singed bot, and jungle yi.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow played a game with a friend who initially forced me to start playing this game. Hadn't played with him since I was sub 30. The normal elo he's in isn't so hot. Went 23/1/8 with ashe without even trying. The enemy team was Blitz solo top, annie mid, jax/singed bot, and jungle yi.
You have traveled back in time to 2009 LoL beta.

Ryan_

At the end of the day, just play the game your friends are playing. Most people dislike playing by themselves.

Yea, this is very true. All of the best times I had while gaming were the ones that had me teaming up and playing together with friends. I might give this game a shot but one more question, though. Is it rewarding for new players or do you get the feeling you are dumbed down or kept small?

Boken

Banned
Is it rewarding for new players or do you get the feeling you are dumbed down or kept small?

I don't actually know what you're asking....
New players generally get to play with new players (unless you're too good for new players). Progression is personal as a player, but there is also metagame progression (account level, runes). Personal progression is much more important in the end.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
PBE changes. Some reference the last PBE and not the live build.
Dr. Mundo

Burning Agony
Damage decreased: 40/55/70/85/100, to 35/50/65/80/95.
Disable Reduction decreased: 15/20/25/30/35%, to 10/15/20/25/30%.
Sadism Cooldown increased: 65 seconds, to 75 seconds.

Irelia:

Damage increased: 56.3 (+3.3 per level), to 59.3 (+3.3 per level).
Health increased: 515 (+85 per level), to 546 (+90 per level).
Health per 5 sec increased: 6.5, to 7.5.

Lee Sin:

Safeguard/Ironwill Cooldown increased: 8 seconds, to 9 seconds.

Master Yi:

Alpha Strike
Old: Master Yi leaps across the battlefield striking up to 4 enemies, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+1) magic damage to every target. If the first target is a minion, it will be dealt 200/250/300/350/400 magic damage, and every additional minion target has a 20/30/40/50/60% chance to be dealt 200/250/300/350/400.
New: Master Yi leaps across the battlefield striking up to 4 enemies, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+1) magic damage to each enemy with a 20/30/40/50/60% chance to deal 400 bonus magic damage to minions.

Shen:

Stand United Range increased: 5,000, to 25,000.

Soraka:

Astral Blessing Armor Bonus decreased: 25/50/75/100/125 bonus Armor, to 25/45/65/85/105 bonus Armor.

Talon:

Rake Mana Cost increased: 50/55/60/65/70 Mana, to 60/65/70/75/80 Mana.

Udyr:

Turtle Stance Shield decreased: 60/100/140/180/220, to 60/95/130/165/200.

Warwick:

Hungering Strike
Percent Damage increased at early levels and decreased at later levels (late game nerf): 6/9/12/15/18% of the target's maximum Health, to 8/10/12/14/16% of the target's maximum Health.
As someone who plays Soraka this really hurts. Mundo changes hurt too but they aren't bad enough that I can't deal with them.

garath

I guess the bright side of not getting to play your best role is you start to branch out more. Since I picked up graves I've been working on my AD carry. Getting better with it. AP mid is still my best role but it is pretty satisfying having 250-300 CS and mowing through the enemies in teamfights with auto attack lol.

I really have to work on my early game with AD bottom though. I think I get too aggressive and I don't really have the best handle on the matchups yet.

I'm really interested to see Varus in action. He might be the first new champ released that I'm going to buy. I was REALLY tempted with Fiora but I didn't for some reason. The only thing I'm not really a fan of is it looks like his base movespeed is really low. I hate slow champs.

Ken

Dat frost.

More like her body looks really small and short relative to how big her head is and where her bottom starts. I just woke up though so my mind might be having trouble making sense of it.

I'll probably end up buying most of those skins anyways though. :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Well the artwork was pretty bad when I started playing.

There is still some weird artifacts and proportions in some of the character art. But Riot has been getting better at it.

Blizzard

Banned
PBE changes. Some reference the last PBE and not the live build.

As someone who plays Soraka this really hurts. Mundo changes hurt too but they aren't bad enough that I can't deal with them.
That's totally what we need. I was just thinking, the other day, "Irelia is too wimpy. What she needs is a bit of a buff." >_>

Also lol at talon's mana change going the opposite direction from the other patch notes...I guess we'll have to see what the final result is?

There is still some weird artifacts and proportions in some of the character art. But Riot has been getting better at it.
The Bunny Riven art apparently drove some people nuts because of the both breasts + both buttocks visible at the same time thing. Presumably you can't have that unless you're a contortionist.

Hauk

Neo Member
Three days ago I bought Kennen with my hard earned, just-started-on-new-region lowbie IP, and already got a pentakill when rushing in to save a teammate who's being chased by the whole enemy team. Pop ulti, activate W and BOOM, corpses, corpses everywhere. Soon after they surrendered even though they weren't doing so bad. Felt so damn sweet :)

This will surely be my new main account from now on. On EU-West, Ossh as my name. Now to just get flash :d

Ferrio

Banned
You have traveled back in time to 2009 LoL beta.

It just blew my mind.

When I remarked:

me: "Wow this must be low elo"
enemy team member: "WTF is elo"

There was weird stuff... like our ryze had teleport/ghost. Our skarner built weird too, Latern and hextech gunblade. I guess not terrible items, but never seen a skarner build them.

There was a also tons of "faggot" talk.

FUUUUUUUUUU. One day I'll get a penturkeeeeeyy!

Luckily our random Nautalus was a nice guy. He stopped attacking even though I was at 50hp just so I could get the penta.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Getting matched with people who have 1500+ wins whereas I don't even have 100. Is this a good thing?

2/8 in the last 10 matches... 7 lose streak.

:(

After I lose 3 in a row I usually just call it a night. Helps keep my sanity in check.

Blizzard

Banned
After I lose 3 in a row I usually just call it a night. Helps keep my sanity in check.
The correct action is presumably to take at least a 2-hour break if you lose 2 games in a row, but I'm usually too dumb to do this.

I think I had some surreal ranked games recently, where there were things like a top lane person on the opposite team who was eating food, so they were barely able to do anything besides die under their turret.

Boken

Banned
Getting matched with people who have 1500+ wins whereas I don't even have 100. Is this a good thing?

Means you're good, or you're playing with level 30 buddies.

or maybe those people really suck

Pancakes

Means you're good, or you're playing with level 30 buddies.

or maybe those people really suck

Probably the latter and a bit of the spoiler since I just run around facerolling my keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom