• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Sony Spider-Man spin-offs: Black Cat and Silver Sable

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
TWO super-powered females talking to each other for more than 10 minutes!?

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... Is that even allowed?" asked the almost decade-old Marvel Cinematic Universe.

That's be fantastic. Which I why I doubt Sony of all studios, will have the courage to do it.

And what powers do you go with Black Cat, the Bad Luck powers or the cat powers she got because her Bad Luck powers were killing Spiderman?

let's be honest here, she's going to be catwoman in a silver wig. Just pray it's Michelle Pfeiffer and not Halle Berry.

The amount of deadpool comics and merchandise is completely insignificant next to that box office gross, and your explanation does nothing to explain what happened to GoTG which had neither an ongoing comic nor any merchandise. The deadpool movie audience weren't fans to begin with- they BECAME fans through strong marketing and word of mouth that the movie was good.

Guardians had Marvel's good faith.

Sponge

Banned
What's even the point of Spidey in the MCU if Sony is just going to make spinoff movies and tire audiences out of his villains yet again.

The one that revealed that Peter is really her bastard child, that her married sister adopted?
If that's what this is.
Marvel_Trouble_1.jpg

Guardians had Marvel's good faith.

so does Iron Fist.

What's even the point of Spidey in the MCU if Sony is just going to make spinoff movies and tire audiences out of his villains yet again.

we haven't seen the smallest fraction of spidey's villains yet.

You got Green Goblin 3 times, Electro once, A horrible, bastardized Rhino for 30 seconds, Venom once, Ock once, Lizard Once, and Sandman Once.

Blader

So all of the shit they were planning around the ASM series and promptly cancelled after those movies wiped out is suddenly back?

BumRush

I know nothing about comics but just googled silver sable. A hot mercenary that goes after war criminals. It...could work ..

guek

Banned
I know nothing about comics but just googled silver sable. A hot mercenary that goes after war criminals. It...could work ..

If it's set in the MCU, I'd love for Widow and Hawkeye to be third party agents trying to take her down.

It'll never happen though.

If it's set in the MCU, I'd love for Widow and Hawkeye to be third party agents trying to take her down.

Borys Kit, who wrote the THR article, took to Twitter to make clear that neither Venom nor this Silver Sable and Black Cat movie will be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe where Tom Holland now plays the webslinger.

they're not going to be MCU characters, and we probably won't even see Holland.

Marvel revived so many heroes no one ever gave a fuck, so why not Sony try with this Silver guy?

Silver Sable is a woman.

We'll have a 4th marvel universe where none of them interact besides SHIELD begging for scraps

Movie verse
Netflix verse
Tv verse
extended Spider-Man verse besides Spiderman himself
could be a fifth Inhumans verse depending on how that pans out

That's so weird.

It is, but I can see a justification for it. Sony owns a LOT of characters under the spider man umbrella, and they need a more reliable string of hits outside of the Spidey and Bond films they do.

Marvel probably doesn't want to confuse the MCU more than it already is, so anything Sony decides to do with it's side characters will be separate.

IrishNinja

i mean, id prolly watch both

She'll be a mob boss. The movie will be her taking control away from Hammerhead.

not that there's a lotta Felica arcs id point at & say they should be first, but if it was this one/?
pass. it's not even all that interesting in the books

Platy

Not exactly the girls I would choose for the women lead spider-man spin off ...that would be Araña or Spidey Gwen, two awesome designs that look awesome in real life

Silver sable ...meh

Not exactly the girls I would choose for the women lead spider-man spin off ...that would be Araña or Spidey Gwen, two awesome designs that look awesome in real life

Silver sable ...meh

Spider Gwen's origin is so problematic that you will NEVER see that one on screen. At best it will be someone else (Spider Woman?) using her costume.

Slayven

Silver sable ...meh

I would sell Dalek's soul for an Arana movie,

What the fuck is Sony even doing?

C'mon, man, wait til after Infinity War and you can do anything you want and tie it into the MCU. But rushing shit out the gate and making it standalone is a recipe for disaster.

I legit feel bad for Garfield. .

don't. dude has worked with Mel Gibson and Scorcese last year. got nominated for best actor too. and speaking of the scorsese movie that arguably might be the director's best movie of the century.

he's killing it and is in demand by some great talent, with the it follows director casting him as the lead in his next movie.

lol this post sounds like I'm working PR for him, but i'm just saying his career seems like it's at a far greater high creatively than just playing a superhero.

Sony can have something big with Venom... but knowing Sony they will probably fuck it up. The world wants a R rated Anti-Hero Superhero film and Venom can be that film but I have no trust that Sony can pull it off without direct help from Marvel Studios. Now they are pushing for these other movies? Come on Sony just do it one step at a time and do some decent world building...

these spinoffs all sound like they'll be varying degrees of garbage. but I would pass out in hype if they announced like an "elseworlds" Spiderman 4 with Raimi/Maguire/Dunst back. and he has a kid too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom