• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mountain Dew Xbox One Promotion - www.every2minutes.com

I am a custodian at a university, so I expect to collect many unused codes. Winning this is about the only way I would get an Xbone for quite a long time.
Thats how i won my 360, on cleanup one saturday in the factory collected 20 caps, went home, entered them all, won.

Lost half a toe in the factory the day before it got delivered in an accident lol

I got alot of use put of that xbox for 5 months

Jamix012

So is anyone actually doing this? Gotta scout out my competition here. I've currently got 6350 points but have probably another 2000 points waiting to be cashed (but am waiting to have equal parts mountain dew and doritos to maximise effectiveness.)

i'm in canada, can't find the doritos or mountain dews with this promotion on the label...anyone else in the same situation?

So is anyone actually doing this? Gotta scout out my competition here. I've currently got 6350 points but have probably another 2000 points waiting to be cashed (but am waiting to have equal parts mountain dew and doritos to maximise effectiveness.)

I am , but I only have 500 points so far. Nowhere around here has the Xbox one dew... I'm also the only person in my family that eats doritos, so at this pace I'm probably not going to win.

That being said, if anyone is willing to donate some codes in Pm I will be forever grateful!

Jrs3000

I am , but I only have 500 points so far. Nowhere around here has the Xbox one dew... I'm also the only person in my family that eats doritos, so at this pace I'm probably not going to win.

That being said, if anyone is willing to donate some codes in Pm I will be forever grateful!

I haven't seen any promos at all for this in my area.

All the convenience stores I've been to have older bottles, but Walmart has the Xbox One bottles in the coolers by the checkout lanes.

Jamix012

Without sounding too over-confident I think I'm on track to potentially win an Xbone from this one, so if I do I'll donate the rest of my points elsewhere.

Holy shit, 149 xbones a day up until november?
In addition to like three other giveaways?

MS can easily get like a 10k boost in numbers from this giveaway alone.

FHIZ

So do you bank points and "bid" with them on auctions? or do you enter codes and hope you get picked? Because if it's bidding with the points, then nah, I'll save myself the diabetes.

Mr.Speedy

Banned

Are you serious?? How do you have so many points??

On a related note, I can't find any Mountain Dews with the promotion. All I see are old bottles. I see the Doritos everywhere though...Has anyone else had this same problem? I'm in Texas if that matters.

Fox Mulder

Are you serious?? How do you have so many points??

On a related note, I can't find any Mountain Dews with the promotion. All I see are old bottles. I see the Doritos everywhere though...Has anyone else had this same problem? I'm in Texas if that matters.

it just takes time for the new bottles to trickle out, which depends how fast stores sell through the older stock.

Bsigg12

How in gods name have you managed this? The most you can get with any combination is 650 and that's buying a 24pk and a Gamer Doritos thing and entering it at the same time.

cevansdust

Neo Member
I'm doing this as well, but I don't have anywhere near that 6,000. I just hope for the sake of my sanity the auctions show real time points of those betting. If it's a blind crapshoot then I'd rather not even waste my time.

Bsigg12

I'm doing this as well, but I don't have anywhere near that 6,000. I just hope for the sake of my sanity the auctions show real time points of those betting. If it's a blind crapshoot then I'd rather not even waste my time.

You'll be better off in the basic auctions and not the crazy prize auctions though the Ryse package sounds fucking awesome.

Triz

I'm doing it but only have 1300 points banked. It's hard to find full size packs out here so I've made dew (get it?) with the 20 oz. dew and random Doritos sized bags.

I'm in it. Pack it up. It's all over. :p

cevansdust

Neo Member
You'll be better off in the basic auctions and not the crazy prize auctions though the Ryse package sounds fucking awesome.

Yeah I completely agree. The Ryse package does sound awesome. Be sweet if a gaffer won it and posted pics from the trip.

Jamix012

How in gods name have you managed this? The most you can get with any combination is 650 and that's buying a 24pk and a Gamer Doritos thing and entering it at the same time.

I'm at 7325 right now, with still probably at least 1500+ of unclaimed codes in doritos. Basically i'm a student and we have a dining halls. However we also have a convenience store where we can use our lunch meal swipe for $8 of stuff there. Since about the 26th of Sept or so (when coded packs of doritos appeared) I just used my $8 every day to buy Doritos/mountain dew.
I also have a job at my college's night time cafe once a week so instead of eating all of them I give a lot of them out for free in a bowl on the counter (I keep the bag.) Everyone wins. For reference $8 of Doritos can get you 550 points if you get 6 bags of 2 1/8 OZ and 1 bag of 3 3/8 Oz. That doesn't include any bonus points you'd get from banking with Mountain Dew.

Jamix012

So an auction ends every two minutes? Or do they just randomly choose a new winner every two minutes?

The former (but only from 9pm to 2am from Nov 5th.) I'm not sure whether I should shoot for the regular bundle or the "advanced" one. I would love to get the Xbox HQ one where you get to suggest a game but I'm pretty sure one would need 100,000 (the maximum allowed amount) to get that one.

Bsigg12

I'm at 7325 right now, with still probably at least 1500+ of unclaimed codes in doritos. Basically i'm a student and we have a dining halls. However we also have a convenience store where we can use our lunch meal swipe for $8 of stuff there. Since about the 26th of Sept or so (when coded packs of doritos appeared) I just used my $8 every day to buy Doritos/mountain dew.
I also have a job at my college's night time cafe once a week so instead of eating all of them I give a lot of them out for free in a bowl on the counter (I keep the bag.) Everyone wins. For reference $8 of Doritos can get you 550 points if you get 6 bags of 2 1/8 OZ and 1 bag of 3 3/8 Oz. That doesn't include any bonus points you'd get from banking with Mountain Dew.

Wow, well what prize pack are you aiming for? I'm hoping in the marketplace they have a launch games pack or something cool like that.

FluxWaveZ

Damn, dude. Heh, you'd hope with that kind of plan you'd be guaranteed a free Xbox One.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I might see if I can make friendsies with the people at work who operate the soda machines. This has worked for me in the past.

border

The former (but only from 9pm to 2am from Nov 5th.) I'm not sure whether I should shoot for the regular bundle or the "advanced" one. I would love to get the Xbox HQ one where you get to suggest a game but I'm pretty sure one would need 100,000 (the maximum allowed amount) to get that one.

I going to guess that you'll be at the maximum within a few weeks anyway, if you're already at 7,000+ points. I guess you will probably have to buy a fair amount of Mountain Dew though.

I wish I had some weird scam like yours -- feel free to throw me any extra points if you hit the cap :p

Jamix012

I going to guess that you'll be at the maximum within a few weeks anyway, if you're already at 7,000+ points. I guess you will probably have to buy a fair amount of Mountain Dew though.

I wish I had some weird scam like yours -- feel free to throw me any extra points if you hit the cap :p

Beleive it or not my calculations say I won't reach it at all :( Depending on what I think my chances are close to the auction of the Xbox HQ I may buy some wholesale. Probably not but still considering it.

4Scarr

Banned
I am at 5000 points now this is between finding caps, drinking and having friends give me theirs. I would be happy with the base prize :) Also I have had 3 bags of doritos with 2 codes in them each so that helps :)

LastNac

You gonna be destroyed, son.

4Scarr

Banned
This is a good point i naturally assumed it would show real time bids if not you could waste all your points in one auction!!!

Gestault

vRiLJ6K.png

Fox Mulder

Just topped 1000!

I'm gonna be crushed, right?

Your belt will.

But there's still plenty of time to get points before it starts, and people consume tons of Mountain Dew and Doritos. I imagine people will have crazy amounts of codes when it goes live.

I've easily got 1000 points just from rummaging through the trash at work for caps and empty bags, no shame.

E92 M3

Knowing the craziness people take these contests to, it's just easier for me to pay 500 dollars than worry about collecting caps and bags.

Jamix012

I mean, free in the sense that while I pay no additional money to what I'd already do, I exchange a mediocre lunch meal for a shitty one of diet mountain dew and a pack of Doritos. I've reached 10650 points. Still going pretty strong.

Just a few tips, although one of them may unfortunately be too late:
Get the 75 point Dorito Packs, they are much more likely to have 2 codes on the inside than the 100 or 200 points ones from experience. I'd say maybe 1 in 8? Conversely I havent' had 2 codes from a 100 point pack after having banked probably around 20-30 of them.
I signed up to the dewsletter and recieved an extra 100 points last night. Though it may have been that you had to sign up prior to last night...
Strangley if you're looking for $/point efficiency, the cheaper packs of either product is the better bet.
Commonly known but: remember to bank doritos and dew together for an extra 50 points.

4Scarr

Banned
Didn't know about the dewsletter how did you find that out? I just signed up now did they send you an email about the 100 points?

Jamix012

Didn't know about the dewsletter how did you find that out? I just signed up now did they send you an email about the 100 points?

Yes, I got them in an email. There was a little thing on the long list of rules that said they could distribute points through other mediums which weren't packs of Doritos and Dew bottles and cited the dewsletter as an example. I figured they'd do that.

border

I bought my first pack of Doritos last night, and while I haven't emptied the bag, there doesn't seem to be any code at all. Is it supposed to be printed on the inside of the bag, or is it a separte insert? Yes, it is a "specially marked package", and claims to be worth 200 points.

I signed up to the dewsletter and recieved an extra 100 points last night. Though it may have been that you had to sign up prior to last night...
Strangley if you're looking for $/point efficiency, the cheaper packs of either product is the better bet.

Just as a heads up the rules state that you can only have 1000 Codes "and/or" 150,000 points. So if you are only entering low point value codes then you may hit the maximum number of allowable codes before you hit the maximum number of allowable points. Though I'm not sure if anyone is really planning on buying 1000 bags of Doritos in the next couple months :)

The rules also state that you can be sent a free code for every self-addressed stamped envelope you send to the contest's address. Have you tried that yet? Any idea how many points that gives? Assuming that you can get 100 points for the price of two stamps, that would be the most efficient way to collect points.

Bsigg12

The rules also state that you can be sent a free code for every self-addressed stamped envelope you send to the contest's address. Have you tried that yet? Any idea how many points that gives? Assuming that you can get 100 points for the price of two stamps, that would be the most efficient way to collect points.

You don't get any auction points with the post cards. All you get are entries into the sweepstakes.

Top Bottom