• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Double Discount Sale US 40% Non Plus - 80% with PS+. Witcher 3, Hitman, Outlast 2

Fisty

That's a shame. RE7 in VR spoiled me, and now I anticipate every big budget horror game to emulate it.

Regardless, is Outlast 2 worth that price? I enjoyed the first game and DLC, hoping this ups the ante.

Yeah RE7 VR is some next-level stuff, definitely a game changing experience.

I haven't played Outlast 2 myself, but a friend of mine told me about one or two parts. Yeah, they definitely upped the ante, to say the least

Eusis

Hitman says complete first season for free. Is that the full game?
Probably just episode one. If you get that you'll need to buy the episodes individually but that comes out as a few cents cheaper than buying it straight out so it's not a huge deal.

Gator86

I fell asleep in the 8 hour opening cutscene for TPP, but here I am buying it to try again.

The game is terrific. The opening is absolute shit. I was considering a replay of it until I remembered I'd have to replay the opening too and that put me off of it entirely. If you can survive that, you'll have a great time.

jennetics

How is Jackbox Party Pack 3? I've never bought a Party Pack before so I'm not sure how it works. Also, are the games mostly/somewhat child appropriate?

CREMSteve

Bought Outlast 2, MGSV, Amnesia, The Bunker, Deadlight and Dead by Daylight. Saved $82 and get another $15 back for the spend 100 promotion, which is still on until midnight tonight. And I'm pretty sure I got the entire Hitman First Season for free.

Great value!

Aru

Man the only thing is miss from PS+ are the discounts.
I mostly buy during Flash sales since I'm not subscribed anymore now.
Some of these prices are great! I would have bought Exist Archive if the PS+ price was the normal price :(

How is Jackbox Party Pack 3? I've never bought a Party Pack before so I'm not sure how it works. Also, are the games mostly/somewhat child appropriate?
They're all fantastic local multiplayer games.
They rely on player input for the fun so as long as your group is clean, it's friendly to all ages!

Susurrus

You buy this....okay?

DCxpXgHUwAAipSm.jpg

WHY VITA VERSION NOT ON SALE.

Seriously...this is basically a book...

I saw the PS4 version on there and was scrolling hoping for the Vita version....then sadness.

Wood Man

Some of those SNK fighters look tempting. I had SamSho 6 and was maybe 4 or 5 characters away from beating the game with everyone. I got a data corrupt message and hung it up.

Always heard good things about Overcooked.

Fuck it. Bought Mighty Number 9. It'll be interesting to at least see what people don't like about it.
If you're not a complete pessimist, I'm sure you'll find some enjoyment out of it! It's not awful, just alright. But I guess some people got really upset over the fact that it didn't shake up the genre, probably due to it's pedigree.

Overcooked worth it if I'm only gonna be playing with two people?

I'm wondering the same but with the added element that my co-op partner is a 12 year old who can get easily frustrated.

Yes! It's actually a little easier with two people since it's not as chaotic. Though it's so much more fun when it's chaotic!

My 8 year old daughter loves the game though we're pretty far into the base game and it can get very challenging for all of us. The basic game play will be a snap for a 12 year old. My 12 year old son is quite good at it. The challenging part of it is the shifting environment and of course the urgency of preparing the orders.

But the basic game play is very easy to learn. It's like one or two buttons. Even my wife--who only plays Rock Band and the occasional Telltale type of game on console--can play the game. When we played four player, it was a complete blast. Definitely one of the best couch co-op games to come out this gen. I rank it alongside Towerfall, Helldivers, and Rocket League for couch co-op. But this is very kid friendly.

Easy to learn but hard to master, family friendly, delightful style and music, and very polished. Closest thing you can get to a Nintendo game on PS4.

Edit:

Here's me, my daughter, and my wife playing Overcooked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuxXjdiJeEI. We did the intro level as a refresher since it had been a while. Then we play level 3-3. It's a higher level (each stage has several levels), so it took us several attempts to get just one star on it. Not quite as creative or fun as some other levels, but will give you a taste of the game. ;-)

Found some beginner's tips for the game as well: http://www.rebootreload.com/overcooked-beginners-guide/.

I've had a lot of fun with it. If you want to give it a whirl before you buy, see if anyone's streaming it. You can usually join their game from your phone and play along. There's a solid chance you'll be playing with some racist assholes but even then you'll at least get a sense of the flow of the games. Then if you get the game yourself you can play with your own friends/family and have way more fun.

I should probably get it on PC, but was hoping for Prison Architect to finally go on sale.

It has some exclusive console DLC too... That game never seems to go on sale.

And Ill probably get XCOM 2 through Steam as I hear bad stuff about the performance on console.

Probably just episode one. If you get that you'll need to buy the episodes individually but that comes out as a few cents cheaper than buying it straight out so it's not a huge deal.

I have not run into this issue at all. I downloaded the free episode and was able to purchase the season with no hassle. I purchased from within the game if that makes any difference.

RSchmitz

I´ll likely wait for steam sales but between Stein´s Gate, Danganronpa and Zero Escape, which should I try first?

Never really played a visual novel before and I´ve already seen Stein´s Gate and Danganronpa season 1 anime.

Windup

Neo Member
What was the response to Steins;gate 0? As someone who enjoyed the first game but felt like the story was complete on its own, I was pretty hesitant to pick it up but $12 seems like a steal.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How is Amnesia? I thought SOMA was ok.

Creepier, more horror-focused while avoiding/dealing with monsters. It's pretty good for what it is, whereas in Soma the enemies really stifled the narrative flow.

I've not played the sequel.

LakeEarth

When do I get that $15 for spending $100? In time for this sale or no?

EDIT - already asked, not until July probably. I'll have to pick up a $20 card then.

jennetics

They're all fantastic local multiplayer games.
They rely on player input for the fun so as long as your group is clean, it's friendly to all ages!

I've had a lot of fun with it. If you want to give it a whirl before you buy, see if anyone's streaming it. You can usually join their game from your phone and play along. There's a solid chance you'll be playing with some racist assholes but even then you'll at least get a sense of the flow of the games. Then if you get the game yourself you can play with your own friends/family and have way more fun.

Thanks for the info, homies!

Eusis

I have not run into this issue at all. I downloaded the free episode and was able to purchase the season with no hassle. I purchased from within the game if that makes any difference.
Huh, swore I saw people having issues. Maybe that made a difference then?

Top Bottom