• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 21 |OT| 'member Self-Contained Episodes?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This Marcus character is the worst

Ogodei

This episode seemed a bit on-the-nose. The topicality was more appropriately subtle, but the metaphor of the old-folks home was too blatant to work.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Damn.

That wasn't the level of power I was expecting from those figurines lol.

This was a good episode.

Bersi

hqdefault.jpg

This will never not be funny.

Great episode,i hope we see more of that marcus kid in the future.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
The Marcus kid was pretty funny. Was he Columbo or something? Not sure what the exact reference is

Jackpot

Banned
Doctors bit seemed tacked on at the end, considering if you want to do anything relevant on opioids you need to mention the pharma industry working in concert with the government to push drugs.

Well that was surprisingly dumb in a good way. Felt like old South Park with an actual plot.

Also that moment you realize it is an original song.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The rap songs always make me laugh. I can't stop laughing every time Cartman uses the whistle too.

Another classic alt-right South Park episode about the exploitative nature of the Pharmaceutical industry.

And for what it's worth I assumed Marcus was supposed to be J Edgar based on his face and odd way of speaking.

Kaizer

Banned
I just saw the Zuckerburg episode & yeah.............. I didn't get what they were going for at all. Anytime Zuckerburg was on screen it was just dull.

I just saw the Zuckerburg episode & yeah.............. I didn't get what they were going for at all. Anytime Zuckerburg was on screen it was just dull.

Yeah, I was in the same boat. I had no idea what the fuck bad martial arts movie dubbing was supposed to be a metaphor for.

I did laugh since I'd already played Fractured But Whole and knowing how the super hero stuff was going to end up.

Audioboxer

I thought last night's episode was really solid, and arguably the best of the season.

Yeah, it was better than last weeks. I think my favourite is still Holiday Special.

In news related to South Park

You get the sense South Park wants to be more progressive than the show's structure allows, which again calls into question why South Park is being used as the vehicle for these jokes at all.

I get why people still watch the show, and by extension, want to play this game. It's goofy and ridiculous and quite often, there are really funny jokes that don't come at the expense of anyone. The world's in a bad spot, and justifiably in many cases, everyone does suck. Despite being on the air for 21 seasons, South Park feels like the kind of show that could punch back in a satisfying way. But every time I revisit the show, whether it's on TV or through a video game, the ratio is off. For every joke that lands, another one makes me feel uncomfortable, even if I end up chuckling along the way.

I'm not asking for people to stop watching South Park, or even to pass on playing The Fractured But Whole. Part of the reason I'm continuing to play it, and the reason I'll finish it, is because I'm interested in my reaction to it. All I'm asking is that if you, like me, have enjoyed South Park for a long time, it's worth examining why you're laughing at certain jokes—and whether you would be if you were the butt of them.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...the-same-identity-crisis-as-modern-south-park

I really don't understand why people on this side (politically), keep falling over themselves in 2015~2017 (PC Principal really kicked off the anger in 2015 for the left, season.... 19) to act and behave like the Conservative right of 10+ years ago. I guess history just repeats itself sometimes.

The bolded is precisely the point. It seems nearly everyone is okay with South Park till it jokes about them and then it's crossing a line. Have more damn conviction and confidence in your own beliefs than to get bent out of shape the second anyone satirises or jokes about what you hold close to you. Especially an animated cartoon that airs on broadcast TV.

Real Hero

PC Principal really was a big moment for people turning on the show which is funny when in the entire arc of the season where he is a good guy. People seriously underestimate how self reflective that season was by Matt and Trey on where south park fits into the modern world. A lot of people who I side with politically choose to focus on it in a vary surface level way unfortunately

Audioboxer

PC Principal really was a big moment for people turning on the show which is funny when in the entire arc of the season where he is a good guy. People seriously underestimate how self reflective that season was by Matt and Trey on where south park fits into the modern world. A lot of people who I side with politically choose to focus on it in a vary surface level way unfortunately

Well, that, combined with the waves of people who claimed the show was pro-Trump (and still try to) really showed some asses for who actually watched season 19 and 20.

JaVNuwq.gif

rBB17l6.gif

WJRkORU.gif

pKJVOhK.gif

turvVBX.gif

DvKnFyf.gif

iPntIJG.gif

Basoes

so the episode last night, wasn't as good as the previous ones but it's nice to see a Halloween episode, feels like we haven't gotten one in awhile

Top Bottom