• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 21 |OT| 'member Self-Contained Episodes?

I don't think I actually laughed at last nights episode once. I didn't dislike it, but I think I spent way too much time looking for the real world parallel instead of just enjoying the episode.

I still feel like I'm not 100% sure what the parallel was.

ChazAshley

Gold Member
I don't think I actually laughed at last nights episode once. I didn't dislike it, but I think I spent way too much time looking for the real world parallel instead of just enjoying the episode.

I still feel like I'm not 100% sure what the parallel was.

If I had to hazard a guess, it had something to do with gun rights/control. (One bad example makes the entire group bad) It was an okay episode. Loved Cartman's facial expressions though. :)

i enjoyed the episode but agree that i didn't laugh as much as the past several episodes. i did laugh out loud when craig's dad goes "and i got the crack!"

The Hermit

I never though I would ever sympathize with Cartman in my whole life, but my gf take ages to get dressed up too.

I feel you buddy

WaterAstro

Caught up to the three episodes I haven't watched since the game came out.

The episode last week was pretty weird. The Trump stuff was completely separate from the Heidi stuff. They didn't even work them together. Separately, they're pretty good, but they didn't mix in that episode. Anyway, I like the rip on the Republicans.

The latest episode was kinda all over the place, but it was funny to see Cartman getting his own medicine in a way.

comedian

Caught up to the three episodes I haven't watched since the game came out.

The episode last week was pretty weird. The Trump stuff was completely separate from the Heidi stuff. They didn't even work them together. Separately, they're pretty good, but they didn't mix in that episode. Anyway, I like the rip on the Republicans.

The latest episode was kinda all over the place, but it was funny to see Cartman getting his own medicine in a way.

The Trump and Heidi stuff are linked. Similarly to how people who supported Trump have entrench themselves in their positions when everyone around them tells "told you so. told you it would be a disaster", when Heidi is confronted by her friends who make her for liking Cartman she returns to him. Nobody likes people called an idiot and mocked, so rather than admit fault people will push back to convince themselves they weren't tricked.

Grinchy

Banned
This season has fucking sucked. They're getting way too obtuse with their current events references, and even if you happen to be in the know, it's not even funny. It's almost not even a comedy anymore.

This season has fucking sucked. They're getting way too obtuse with their current events references, and even if you happen to be in the know, it's not even funny. It's almost not even a comedy anymore.

I'm fine with it being obtuse because it being related to current events is only a small portion of why I watch it and have watched it for the past 20 years. Frankly, if it doesn't do it I'm fine with it, too, because t wasn't really as focused on mocking current events early on. If anything it feels worse at times when it's blatantly obvious because that doesn't really say much other than "me too!" even when they're the fastest to the trigger.

Top Bottom