• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

I have over 250 downloaded wrestlers now (mostly WWE, Lucha Undergound and NJPW) for my hybrid promotion (and some Legends for exhibition matches). But many of the uploaders have been a bit lazy with their research so I'm spending a lot of time editing body sizes and moves.

My #1 request is a flexible sorting system. Even categorising by male, female, babyface, heel, tag team etc. it's hard to quickly find the wrestlers I want. I would like 3 options: Default order, Alphabetised and Custom order for Stables, Workshop and Movelist screens.

Also a way of merging parts of a wrestler to a duplicate. Some CAWs have a good movelist, good appearance or good Logic or Stats, but rarely has someone nailed everything. So it's always a compromise because it takes too long to combine the best parts.

Also, what's with the deal with Hardcore matches and Titles? I debuted my Hardcore Title in Cage Deathmatch but if I want to defend it in a different mode I have to reset the belt :(

Nezzhil

Another CAW ported from Returns from a petition on Steam, Super Uchu Power:

BF88A607760469300ADB2A012D01BFE9BAFC06B0

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1087252355

IronLich

It seems that regular attacking is just a recipe to get grabbed. The hit detection still feels non-existent for the most part. I just wait for them to throw a punch, and walk right in to a grapple. Even running attacks feel kinda clumsy.

Was away the last few days, maybe a week, any new great WWE, TNA or Indy wrestler creations that we didn't had before? Or any new creations of already available wrestlers that are way better and that I should replace?

MYeager

Punching and hitting with weapons is so awkward, both I and the AI constantly miss

It seems that regular attacking is just a recipe to get grabbed. The hit detection still feels non-existent for the most part. I just wait for them to throw a punch, and walk right in to a grapple. Even running attacks feel kinda clumsy.

Knowing the distance required for the strike is key, too close it'll miss, too far it'll miss. On you know you can keep backing up to maintain the correct distance and land them all day long.

Wow, I can't believe my laptop can actually run the game! Based on my specs it said I couldn't run it but it runs perfect! It's a little slow when picking characters but in game it runs smooth. So much fun. If you're waiting on the PS4 version cause your PC or laptop is too weak maybe give it a try and it'll work fine :)

Tensketch

Ive been looking at the top collections on the workshop to download characters, but are there any absolutely essential collections out there that have quality, real wrestlers on there?

The Stig

So I use a 360 controller and am enjoying the game so far. One thing I really have trouble with is the over the top rope move (RB + Y). Is the timing different compared to regular moves? I have a tendency to just put them under my arm and carry them round (RB only).

Any tips on how to do it consistently?

Santar

Is it just me who find it a bit annoying how seemingly 80% of CAW creators don't appear to know you can tone down the sinyness of the wrestlers clothes?

Blizzard

Banned
Is it just me who find it a bit annoying how seemingly 80% of CAW creators don't appear to know you can tone down the sinyness of the wrestlers clothes?
How do you do that?

And side note, has anyone figured out what the weird numbered boxes on the right side of clothing layers do? You can click them.

Blizzard

Banned

You just answered your own question with a question. The numbers affect the shinyness
That's literally the first time I've heard anyone mention it and I've been playing the game and following the thread and reading the manual since release. :( I even asked about it in the thread.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Shininess goes from N (not shiny) to I think H4(?) which is really shiny.

I wish I had known this earlier. There are a few UI quirks that need polishing or better explanation. For example: When editing the size of body parts is there a significance to the percentages that are in red?

I wish I had known this earlier. There are a few UI quirks that need polishing or better explanation. For example: When editing the size of body parts is there a significance to the percentages that are in red?

I think that going into the red it moves the size of the part out of the category range it's in or something.

The Stig

Oh wow. I just hit my first critical.................. in a mission where I'm supposed to lose and get an 80% rating. I have to keep quickly picking him up even after a chop lol.

Santar

About 9.5 hours from your post.

Thanks, I've never quite gotten the hang on all those different time zones :p
Guess I'll have to watch the archive tomorrow then as this is in the middle of the night over here.
Hopefully there will be a archive.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Summary of stuff they talked about:

1. They are looking at adding more filters to the workshop. Things like Fantasy/Real, Moveset, Logic, and maybe even filter by edit points.

2. Patch coming tomorrow that is going to fix some issues with the workshop, they weren't overly specific as to what.

3. Tables. Probably won't be able to do freely manipulated tables, but they might be able to add a table smash as an off the top rope move. Position your opponent on the turn buckle, enter the move and your tag partner or second pulls a table out and you jump through.

4. They are looking into adding more post match options for story telling possibilities. Things like handshakes, hugs, slapping the guys hand away and so forth.

5. Asymmetrical edits. Currently an engine limitation, would require a ton of work to change this, possible but unlikely. It would take a lot of time and wouldn't have much payoff. He joked if they sell a million copies overnight they'll get right on it.

6. Stance on mods. They are all for it, but aren't currently in a position to add any official support. They are open to suggestions from modders to make things easier.

7. Adding skirts to the edit parts. With the way the sprites are rendered it's tough to pull off convincingly, he wants to add them though and they are looking at it. Same with long hair.

8. They are working on lots of the more obvious edit parts like glasses and the like.

9. They are also working on adding more female parts and well as some new stances that look more natural for women.

10. They are looking at improving the selling of moves, make it more convincing when landing big finishers and the like.

11. Story Mode. 2 options they are looking at: Scenario mode like in Fire Pro Special (the Suda51 one), this would be limited by their 30 wrestler roster. Other option is to include a toolbox to create your own stories, if they go that route it would be much much further down the line. Obviously budget limitations keep this from being something major. They also mentioned that Suda51 would probably be down to writing a new story if they do go that route.

12. GM/Promoter mode. A promotion mode is coming, most likely will be based on the GBA management of the ring mode. They are looking for input on what people would like to see in that mode. They want to stress that it hasn't started development yet and they are on a tight budget, so it's not coming for some time.

13. Re-confirmed that custom MP3 support is coming for entrance themes and for in match music. Should be coming sometime in early to mid august. They may also let you change the music in the menus if people want that.

14. In regards to them working with promotions for official character/move packs. They are completely open to it, but the promotions would have to come to them, not the other way around.

15. Instant submissions when opponents are severely damaged. Probably not going to change, suggested you modify your CPU logic to not use weaker submissions when oppoennt is in critical.

16. Entrance belts. Would be very very difficult to have them come out wearing them, however they might be able to have them holding them in their hands, similar to how weapons work. Could then also have them at the ring and usuable as weapons if they go that route.

17. Pre-match fighting during entrances and the like. They are looking into it, but it's tricky.

18. Gradients. Due to splitting everything to multiple layers this would be a pretty insane amount of work for them (more than story and GM mode combined they say), so it's highly unlikely that they are coming. They are however looking at adding a transparency slider to layers, not sure if they can get it working, but they are looking into it.

Hoping they add roster sorting in game and being able to select multiple wrestlers at once for moving.

I noticed CWs I unsubscribed from before the first patch weren't removed from my game and had to be manually deleted, they fix that?

Jamie OD

11. Story Mode. 2 options they are looking at: Scenario mode like in Fire Pro Special (the Suda51 one), this would be limited by their 30 wrestler roster. Other option is to include a toolbox to create your own stories, if they go that route it would be much much further down the line. Obviously budget limitations keep this from being something major. They also mentioned that Suda51 would probably be down to writing a new story if they do go that route.

I say go ahead with using the stock roster for a story mode. There are already players who took to guys like Steel Johnson in the game so who knows, they might establish some new favourites with it. Bring back the Blazing Tornado roster while we're at it!

I downloaded someone's save file the other day but now I don't want their wrestlers clogging up my feds now. How do I get rid of it and start all over? Thanks!

I had only played the game using keyboard before as my brother was staying here in the room my PS4 is in when the game released, and I didn't want to take the charger cable for my spare DS4 in case he'd need it.
I played it for a bit the other day, and holy shit it's amazing with the DS4. Feels just like playing FPWR as a PS2 Classic on PS3, only better if anything.
Aside from not yet having every CAW I could conceivably think of, as I had loaded on the virtual memory card on my PS3.
Bret Hart is the only one I've actually bothered to put in so far as I've mostly been playing mission mode. I hope there's eventually a way to bulk add CAWs if there isn't already.

The only thing I can nitpick about with this game (aside from maybe the hit detection for strikes, but that itself is a Fire Pro staple...) is how laggy the menu is.
Scrolling down to choose a wrestler feels extremely slow/tedious. Not sure if it's like that for everyone?

Nezzhil

The only thing I can nitpick about with this game (aside from maybe the hit detection for strikes, but that itself is a Fire Pro staple...) is how laggy the menu is.
Scrolling down to choose a wrestler feels extremely slow/tedious. Not sure if it's like that for everyone?
Yes, it's a bit slow right now.

I'm unfamiliar of wrestling, so the story mode and the promotion mode sounds great to me. These modes could make me maintain interest in the game in a long term.

Santar

I really hope they go with the "release story mode tools" route, it would add so much replayability to the game.
I can just picture it now, people recreating storylines from all kinds of stuff. Somebody NEEDS to do Kinnikuman! :D

Sinatar

They actually talked about this a bit before I started taking notes on the stream. Apparently what it currently does is every time you scroll over a wrestler it reads the edit data and kind of builds the wrestler on the fly. It doesn't save premade pictures of them or anything.

They are aware of the issue and are working on a fix, they also said they are going to completely overhaul the UI before the game leaves early access.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man they really need to make sorting wrestlers easier. Individually putting over a hundred guys into the proper categories, especially with how laggy the character select menus are right now, is a huge pain in the ass.

Sinatar

Patch is live, Notes:

Patch Notes said:
[ONLINE MODE]
Fixed issue preventing thumbnails from generating when uploading items to the Workshop.
Can now select alternate wrestler costumes.

[OFFLINE MENU]
Fixed issue preventing you from assigning players with Tornado rules on in a Single Match, Tournament and League.
Can now assign player to a slot before selecting wrestler.
Can now press Start button to begin a match.
Can now remove a wrestler from a slot by moving the cursor over a slot and pressing X (Xbox) / Square (PS4)..
Can now clear all wrestler slots in a Single Match and Battle Royal by pressing Y ((Xbox) / Triangle (PS4).

[EDIT MODE]
Fixed issue where game would freeze if you deleted an edit wrestler created before a wrestler won a championship title, then tried to play a title match with the champion wrestler.
Renamed moves now properly displayed on match result screen and CPU logic menu.
Team Edit now properly recognizes wrestler weight class.
Improved stability of Team Edit Mode.
On the Moveset Edit/Move Rename menu, holding RB (Xbox) / R1 (PS4) speeds up the menu by 10x.
Improved preview playback in Moveset Edit/Move Rename menu.

CPU LOGIC
Fixed CPU logic where a wrestler would taunt instead of performing a rope slingshot attack.
Slightly increased CPU range of tolerance for diving attacks to outside the ring/slingshot attacks.
[Rope Slingshot Outside the Ring][Running to Outside the Ring] attacks.
Made setup action for diving attacks to outside the ring/slingshot attacks look more natural.
Wrestlers no longer climb corner post unless they have an appropriate post move set.
Fixed issue preventing wrestler from performing a diving attack from a corner post against an opponent dazed in the top or bottom corner.
Fixed issue where a wrestler would attempt a run-up corner post attack against an opponent dazed in the top or bottom corner.
Fixed issue where a wrestler would continue to hold a weapon between rounds if the weapon was held at the end of a round.

[OTHER]
”Signature Move” changed to “Finishing Move,” (Noted by a “F”) “Favorite Moves” changed to “Signature Moves.” (Noted by an “S”)
Fixed issue in Move List where Defense parameters were displayed instead of Offense parameters under Compatibility.
Added “clean pause” and frame-by-frame playback function to Pause menu. Press Y (Xbox) / Triangle (PS4) to use.

New Move
Added corner-to center attack (BIG): Canadian Destroyer

Top Bottom