• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Santar

Got a draw online in a cement match. Guy spent from the 6 minute mark to the 14 minute mark getting counted out then climbing up the ring and back down. Incredible, I asked why? "So you didn't win". Sigh.... Then on top of that my last 3 victories have been count-outs with people giving up mid fight, then complaining about lag in the chat.... The regular input lag...

Nobody cares to try and get the timing up. Me and Santar had some matches and the first 2 went terribly for me because I couldn't get the timing down. 3rd match I got it down but he used an OP Bane against Naito to beat me :p. But at least I attempted, then eventually I got the timing down.

I've actually checked the points on Bane now and it's only 238, I don't think that's Overpowered?
I just picked him at random, calling him OP just comes off a bit salty I think.
Looking forward to the patch, hopefully it improves things.
I really hope they can improve the lag, it just varies so much from game to game, I've only played one match that felt pretty close to offline.

Slizz

I've actually checked the points on Bane now and it's only 238, I don't think that's Overpowered?
I just picked him at random, calling him OP just comes off a bit salty I think.
Looking forward to the patch, hopefully it improves things.
I really hope they can improve the lag, it just varies so much from game to game, I've only played one match that felt pretty close to offline.

I put the :p there on purpose :lol. The Naito I've been using is 168

H1PSTER

So who are the best CAW makers so far? I fear downloading characters I like because I think the AI and movies will be bugged/suck

Nezzhil

Another old wrestler from FPW Returns, Poison Sawada.

3380F4B5F6DFF1F750DBB247D4A2966274B70A2C

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1083663230

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
New patch went up

[7/21][PATCH NOTES]Version 0.9002 Published
20 JULY - SPIKE CHUNSOFT
Version 0.9002 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

Please keep patch-related comments to this thread so that we may better track your feedback.

[ONLINE MODE]
Fixed issue causing loading screen to freeze when using certain wrestlers.
Fixed issue causing matches to freeze due to packet loss with data-heavy edit wrestlers.
Fixed matching error that allowed users with different versions to be matched.
No longer displays “OK!” when you select a wrestler, then cancel your selection.
Fixed issue causing menu to freeze if guest joined room when host closed room.
Improved accuracy of host’s Internet speed detection for matching.

[OFFLINE MENU]
Fixed issue causing victory message to display in Mission Mode results screen if you played Mission Mode after a tournament.
Fixed text displayed when a Battle Royal ends in a tie.
SWA Rules Match and Gruesome Fighting results screens now show the round number.
V-Sync settings now save between play sessions.

[EDIT MODE]
Changed “Opp.Down Near Corner” logic options from “Sml Dmg” / ”Lrg Dmg” to “Lrg Dmg” / “Opp. Condition Critical.”
Grapple (BIG)
Fixed move typing for Grapple (BIG) move Victor Cross Kneebreaker
Create Team Mode: Fixed issue preventing names from updating.

[MATCHES]
CPU logic category [Post (SML)+(MED)] is now working properly.
CPU logic category [Rope Slingshot Outside the Ring][Running to Outside the Ring] is now working properly.
Added commentators.

[ MISCELLANEOUS]
Fixed Critical settings for default wrestlers.
Various text revisions.

[MOVE SET]
Added new Stand (BIG) move: Leaping Cutter.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Nice, I was wondering why none of my CAWs weren't doing anything when an opponent gets tossed out of the ring. I hope we'll be able to interact with the commentary table, was that a thing in previous Fire Pro games?

Is anyone else making generic wrestlers just to mess about with the CPU logic? I could never be skilled enough to faithfully recreate any real wrestlers, so I just made some random CAWs and put them in their own federation. What number of stat points is a good average? I've been giving them all 224 and none of them seem to be monsters of jobbers.

Foffy

Banned
What's RKO?

I haven't tried the patch to see what the commentator stuff does.

Randy Orton's cutter move. There's been one cutter move and people have used it between the likes of Satoshi Kojima, Karl Anderson, and Randy Orton in prior games, but assuming the patch is referring to that cutter, it's probably Orton's variation which has more of a "tug" to it compared to the other guys who use cutters.

How fun is this game to actually play if someone doesn't have much interest in watching simmed matches?

I have never and will never sim a match since I have no interest in that. This is a great playing game once you get used to it.
This series and the AKI N64 games are really the only wrestling games I like

I spent forever trying to figure out why I couldn't find the RKO. I thought it was a grapple, rather than a melee attack. I haven't tried using it in a match yet, is the hitbox hard to nail or is it one of them where the move can be done directly after picking up an opponent?

Does anyone know if the following moves exist or if not what the best alternatives are?

Yoshi Tonic
Flatliner / Reverse STO
Superplex
Orton's Rope-Hung DDT
Orton's Stomping of body parts
Thesz Press Punches Combination

I thought the Thesz Press with punches is in but I wasn't looking for it.

Even with the large list as it is, there's certainly a lot more moves that could be added to the game. I'm dreading the eventual redo I'll have to do when I change my first created wrestler's style.

Yoshi Tonic - Yes
Flatliner / Reverse STO - Yes
Superplex - Yes
Orton's Rope-Hung DDT - Nope
Orton's Stomping of body parts - Not like Orton / Garvin does it. Have to just put a normal head stomp and body stomp.
Thesz Press Punches Combination - I know the Press is in, not sure if there is a follow up with punches. IIRC, it goes into a pin but I could be wrong.

Yoshi Tonic - Yes
Flatliner / Reverse STO - Yes
Superplex - Yes
Orton's Rope-Hung DDT - Nope
Orton's Stomping of body parts - Not like Orton / Garvin does it. Have to just put a normal head stomp and body stomp.
Thesz Press Punches Combination - I know the Press is in, not sure if there is a follow up with punches. IIRC, it goes into a pin but I could be wrong.

Thanks. I spent half an hour trying to find the first 2 with no luck (Flatliner for Mil Muertes and Superplex for Orton). Is the movelist limited by the Fight Style?

MYeager

Thanks. I spent half an hour trying to find the first 2 with no luck (Flatliner for Mil Muertes and Superplex for Orton). Is the movelist limited by the Fight Style?

Not limited by fight style.

Flatliner is the Pull Down Face Buster.

Superplex is the Top Rope Brainbuster

This might have been answered upthread, but if say I download a collection, and wrestler X is in that collection. I create an in-game promotion and put wrestler X into that promotion.

I then download another collection and that same wrestler X creation is in the new collection. Am I able to put Wrestler X into a 2nd in-game promotion?

This might have been answered upthread, but if say I download a collection, and wrestler X is in that collection. I create an in-game promotion and put wrestler X into that promotion.

I then download another collection and that same wrestler X creation is in the new collection. Am I able to put Wrestler X into a 2nd in-game promotion?

Is it the identical CAW? If it's the identical upload it won't download again. If it's someone else's version of that wrestler yeah of course.

I have like 8 different Jerichos lol

Is it the identical CAW? If it's the identical upload it won't download again. If it's someone else's version of that wrestler yeah of course.

I have like 8 different Jerichos lol

Yeah it's the identical CAW in two different collections. I know that it'll only download once...but my question is can that CAW be in two different in-game promotions? I'm guessing not.

Brandwin

This looks fucking incredible.

Do we have any sort of indication or timescale on the PS4 release?

Hopefully within the next few months. I am sure I will double dip. I was really surprised my PC would even run it. Speaking of that, is the select wrestlers menu a little slow for anyone else? It's the only lag I feel like I receive.

Hopefully within the next few months. I am sure I will double dip. I was really surprised my PC would even run it. Speaking of that, is the select wrestlers menu a little slow for anyone else? It's the only lag I feel like I receive.

Yes, the select wrestlers screen is pretty bad.

atomsk

Party Pooper
The workshop continues to deliver!
Amzing what you can find on there :D

I had an awesome time livestreaming a sim tournament this weekend of WWE vs Nintendo.

The finals ended up being Brock vs Waluigi
Brock totally beat the shit out of him

The Stig

tip for mission 32.

you can throw your opponent outside, tag your partner in and keep the legal man outside. otherwise your partner is utterly useless and WILL. NOT. PIN.

Slizz

Online seems a bit better.

Made my first CAW today, damn it really is satisfying. I happened to pick one of the easier wrestlers to make visually though :lol

Any tips for Cage Match in Mission Mode?

If I even accidentally exit the ring, the other fat ass starts climbing the cage and it's impossible for me to catch up to him.

Is there a way to drag him off the cage?

Foffy

Banned

If I even accidentally exit the ring, the other fat ass starts climbing the cage and it's impossible for me to catch up to him.

No. The AI is like in Returns.

Think like programming. If X (you leaving the ring) then Y (AI will forever try to escape).

Really need to work on this. It's probably the weakest match type in the entire franchise, and to be fair, they only had one prior time even trying this; Fire Pro usually focuses on Japanese wrestling, so these cage matches are usually never done there.

Blizzard

Banned

Cage match and tag missions are terrible because of the mechanics and AI.

You can shake the cage, but that stops working after a bit, and the AI is so fast that they'll almost instantly be back on the cage. The controls are so wonky that they'll almost certainly climb faster than you too, or you'll press a slightly different direction from the wall diagonal and simply not climb. Once someone reaches the top there's nothing you can do. If you climb first, they'll probably shake you off (even though you can try to hold the direction of the fence or whatever to hang on).

The only effective strategy I found is:
Beat up the enemy a bit, then throw them into a corner pole so they're slumped there. Then race for a side and you'll hopefully be near the top before they can shake the fence.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Bought the game yesterday and downloading a few caws from workshop. Decent game, 2 questions

Title match 1v1, says not enough participants when I select two people and I'm controlling one?

Also, how do I hit a finisher? And can you run diagonally?

Santar

I'm very curious about how they are going to handle sharing created wrestlers on the ps4. I really hope they manage to hook it into the steam workshop somehow. It would be an incredible shame if the pc and ps4 communities would be separated.

The Stig

I'm very curious about how they are going to handle sharing created wrestlers on the ps4. I really hope they manage to hook it into the steam workshop somehow. It would be an incredible shame if the pc and ps4 communities would be separated.

my guess is they will be separate workshops.

damn, I'm having trouble making a decent devilman lady. oh well, can not win them all. I did however create that kid from the sting sprite commercial. why? well, the better question is why not?

also, I downloaded jason voorhees and he killed butthead with a critical....

Top Bottom