• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus - Vote to Play

Listonosh

Wow, seeing Armello being a potential free game (which I'm super stoked for!) and getting beaten out by Zombie Vikings.... This voting thing makes me sad

jackal27

Banned
Hey, this is neat! I could see it being really stupid though if you have a more obscure taste in games like myself though. It'll get people paying more attention at least though. I know a lot of folks who just have no idea what PS+ games are out and don't care to look.

Armello looks amazing, and has a near perfect score on steam. It should win. I hate this already Zombie viking might be legitimately good, but I feel people are only gonna vote for it cause "Zombies". I'd rather Sony chose honestly this is just gonna piss me off when what I want loses.

Xater

Wow, seeing Armello being a potential free game (which I'm super stoked for!) and getting beaten out by Zombie Vikings.... This voting thing makes me sad

Yup, I just checked that game out and I think it looks awful. Like a bad 2D hack & slash that only has it's art going for it.

Grow Home and Armello are such better choices.

Thankfully this isn't a real vote yet, but I can already see the general public voting for that game because "lol zombies".

Armello looks amazing, and has a near perfect score on steam. It should win. I hate this already Zombie viking might be legitimately good, but I feel people are only gonna vote for it cause "Zombies". I'd rather Sony chose honestly this is just gonna piss me off when what I want loses.

I just googled it after reading your post and wow it looks fun. A shame it probably won't win.

I hope that Sony forces people to view a trailer for each of the games up for voting, otherwise the winner will just be the one that people recognize first.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Never heard of Armello until this thread and it does look good. But ZV is not just Zombies, it comes from the makers of another very good and very funny game, so it does have potential as well. It does need a better name though.

Heel

Right, at this rate I'd rather not know. I don't know how smart it is to surface something that inherently leaves a percentage of people disappointed. Ignorance is bliss.

Knack is not a terrible game cmon. It could have been tweaked (random treasures, other Knacks only unlock at certain status of gems, disappearing enemies, a bit more variety) and polished more.

It got slammed in reviews but I am fairly confident they never played coop, played other Knack versions, or the time trials, or played on Hard at any point.

It's not a 10/10 but it's not a 3/10 either. I would have given it a 6.5 or 7 (as a launch game). It was certainly better than Ryse imo.

I platinumed it and my son is still playing it years later on a weekly basis. He only ever plays LEGO games like that.

Boke1879

I am all for this honestly.

People complain about the games for gold and PS+ offerings every month anyway. Let the gamers decide. Of course you won't get what you want all the time but it's nice the other games will be offered with discounts so if you're that interested you can still get it.

Hopefully with something like this game gifting becomes and option in the future.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Surely it can't be any worse than the selection we've been getting. Maybe no more boring indie games.

The only decent games from PS+ since PS4 came out have been Resogun, Rocket League, and First Light.

If Sony hadn't require PS+ for online then I wouldn't have bothered subscribing.

Megatron

Knack is not a terrible game cmon. It could have been tweaked (random treasures, other Knacks only unlock at certain status of gems, disappearing enemies, a bit more variety) and polished more.

It got slammed in reviews but I am fairly confident they never played coop, played other Knack versions, or the time trials, or played on Hard at any point.

It's not a 10/10 but it's not a 3/10 either. I would have given it a 6.5 or 7 (as a launch game). It was certainly better than Ryse imo.

I platinumed it and my son is still playing it years later on a weekly basis. He only ever plays LEGO games like that.

Even bad games will have some people who like it, kids particularly. In those cases, its better for those that want the bad game to buy it themselves, so the rest of us dont have a slot wasted on it.

TalonJH

Grow Fucking Home!!!

OT: Reading the PS Blog comments and PS Forum over the years, voting is going to get us whatever game is 3D and has the most violence.

Terrible idea. Providing three choices will create a lot of situations where most people are unhappy since their game didn't get voted in and the plus discount won't alleviate that. They've previously had votes for sales in the past and I remember I would be salty when the item I voted for that never went on sale before lost the vote to games that went on sale every two months.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Oooh, Grow Home is coming to PS4? I know where my vote is going.
We've got enough zombie related stuff anyway people.

I can understand people being tired of zombies (I am myself to a certain degree), but Zombie Vikings is not a zombie game in the traditional sense. The game isn't about killing zombies, but playing as zombies. That are pretty much human. And definitely vikings.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Don't like this, maybe for one of the games, but not all.

People have shit taste, they'd sooner take a garbage-bin retail title like AC:Black Flag over any truly promising indie title anyday of the week. The known franchises would get votes, the unknown but potentially amazing games get ignored.

N30RYU

As someone stated, the real problem with this is that only a few ppl will spend their money in a potencially PS+ game if it doesn't will the poll and will wait for it to be free.

We get to choose but also to discard potencially PS+ games in the future... so noone will buy them.

I need Knack to come to PS+ already

Not because I want to play it, but so that others can, and realize it's not a bad game. Play on hard people - infinitely more rewarding and enjoyable that way.

noooooooo

people have shitty taste in games
Is it bad that this was my first thought? :lol

I foresee a lot more shooters coming to PS+ in the future

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don't like this, maybe for one of the games, but not all.

People have shit taste, they'd sooner take a garbage-bin retail title like AC:Black Flag over any truly promising indie title anyday of the week. The known franchises would get votes, the unknown but potentially amazing games get ignored.

Great idea

hope its not for all the games though, just one of em

It is only for 1 out of the 6 it appears, with the two that didn't win to get a discount that month.

Walpurgis

Banned
This is great! I highly doubt that Sony will put any retail games in the running but at least we won't get anymore shovelware like Woah Dave.

I hope Grow Home wins. That game looks awesome. The nice thing is, if it doesn't win, I can buy it on sale and not worry about it popping up o PS+ the next month. I wonder if losing titles can ever pop up again in the future though.

That won't happen. Developers have deals with Sony for PS+. I don't see how voting would work.

Now their deals will say "let us do this big voting campaign, and if it wins we'll pay you for it to be the free game, if not it'll be at a discount with extra publicity". Pretty simple, no?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
This just decides one of the games for the following month so...
Ugh.
I don't like any of this. Everyone who doesn't win, loses. Unless this PS+ discount is insane. I doubt the voting pool actually knows what game they'd like to play beyond the title and an image. Literally judging games by their cover. Heck, I bet a majority of the voters won't even download the game they voted for.

Interesting tidbit. I just checked Armellos Kickstarter page and they announce that the game is coming to PS4 in september. Which would make sense for this to be included in the next update or something and for people to vote for septembers games

This is great! I highly doubt that Sony will put any retail games in the running but at least we won't get anymore shovelware like Woah Dave.

I hope Grow Home wins. That game looks awesome. The nice thing is, if it doesn't win, I can buy it on sale and not worry about it popping up o PS+ the next month. I wonder if losing titles can ever pop up again in the future though.

I really enjoyed Grow Home. Great surprise and spent wayyyyy too long playing that game to be fair.

styl3s

noooooooo

people have shitty taste in games
Given how steam sale voting ends every single time i never want people to have the ability to vote for anything.

Ugh.
I don't like any of this. Everyone who doesn't win, loses. Unless this PS+ discount is insane. I doubt the voting pool actually knows what game they'd like to play beyond the title and an image. Literally judging games by their cover. Heck, I bet a majority of the voters won't even download the game they voted for.
It would be cool if the 2 that didnt win were like 50% off or something

Hexa

I think it's a really good idea for devs. People will essentially be marketing for them by campaigning (lightly) for the game they want to win and that'll increase sales a good amount I think for them when they get put on sale compared to just putting them on sale normally. Especially for indie type games that don't really have any advertising budget to speak of.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Didn't they say that the ones not picked will get a discount that month too? It wouldn't be so bad if we get the option to pay what Sony was gonna pay them to have it as a plus title.

Usobuko

Banned
This is a system in place where majority would get what they want all the time, of course, assuming their taste are homogeneous across the board.

Top Bottom