• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick vs James Bond

John Wick vs James Bond

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop89

dTbcHfP.gif

Recent Bond is unbeatable. Even if John Wick puts a hole in Bond's head, Bond has recovered from hole-in-head and gone on to kill helicopters with handguns within a few hours.

I've always liked how in Skyfall Bond gets a serious shoulder injury, and then in the next movie headshots a guy from well over 100 yards with a SMG. With iron sights. After getting numerous holes drilled into his brain.

And then later snipes a moving helicopter out of the air from 200+ yards while in a moving boat with a handgun firing .380 auto (a fairly anemic round d that loses half its energy at 100 yards). At night, again with iron sights (which would be impossible to see against the night sky). Don't forget that the boat is in turbulent water and that helicopters keep themselves in the air by causing a ton of turbulent air movement.

Bond could probably shoot Wick in the eye with a paintball gun from three miles away.

Ways to kill John Wick:
  • Hire 3 Russian mobsters to infiltrate his alarm-less home and ambush him at night. Shoot him in the head to make sure he's dead.
  • Arm a team of henchmen with automatic rifles to capture him like the church scene in John Wick 1. Make sure he's dead.
  • Steal his car so that you make him take public transportation/walk to places.
    run him over, since he can't hear cars running toward him. Make sure he's dead.
  • Steal his car and let him know where to get it back.
    He's going to come for the car even if it's a trap and start the engine without checking if there are explosives. Make sure he's dead
  • Fire a bazooka into his house. Make sure he's dead
  • Have performing artist to shoot him in the back. Tell them to shoot him in the head and make sure he's dead

Bond would just snipe him from afar.
Bourne wouldn't make half of the mistake Wick make.

Oynox

Let's throw Bourne into the mix who would beat them both at the same time clearly. His marksman skills are great and in close quarters he could knock them out using anything.

Apt101

Let's throw Bourne into the mix who would beat them both at the same time clearly. His marksman skills are great and in close quarters he could knock them out using anything.

Bourne is unfair. He's fucking superhuman really. Especially book Bourne.

There is balance to life. All the points James Bond put on charisma John Wick invested in dexterity. Unless the fight involves getting laid or bluffing, Bond is at a disadvantage.

Newlove

When is a new James Bond expected? It feels like nothing is happening on that front.

Who is John Wick? Never heard of him.

John is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will... something you know very little about. I once saw him kill three men in a bar... with a pencil, with a fucking pen-seal.

thenexus6

Man Vincent was so cool.

I think Wick would wipe the floor with every Bond. I don't think Bond is anything that special anyway.

blakep267

Eh, debatable. Some interpretations of Bond are basically him as a glorified hitman that engages in light information gathering.*

* Or so I've heard.
I was watching spectre the other day and I feel like Craig even called himself an assassin/ hitman. He does much more killing than spy stuff

Wick's power relies on his plot armour- he lives in a flamboyant world of underground assassins so they never do the sneaky shit that ends in a simple bullet in the head. Meanwhile Bond really could just set up a trap. But he's not half the hand-to-hand guy or marksman that Wick is.

Kinda like Goku in a way. His ability is that he just doesn't lose, whereas Bond does.

Craig's Bond pretty much has Wick's cheat auto headshot too. Also seems stronger, but I guess his fights look easier because they're mostly goons.

d00d3n

James Bond would outsmart Wick by leading him into a large group of enemies. Wick would be stuck trying to apply his OCD gruesome head shots on everyone while Bond would cut his head off with the patented watch laser beam. Done!

Bold One

I think we need to separate our standard run of the mill assassins and contract killers from operatives and legit spies before pitting them against each other.

Nameless

Wick would shoot Bond in the head while he was distracted with whatever random super model.

Also he has better taste in cars.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Duke Togo would take down John Wick, every Bond, Jack Reacher, the Equalizer and Jason Bourne at once. No one fucks with Golgo 13.

Number_6

Wick will be killed sneakily, if ever. Break-in, car bomb, something like that. Head to head against Bond, Wick wins. Bond can pull a silly gadget, but Wick can pull a Dixon Ticonderoga. Wick has the focus, the will. Bond spends too much of that focus on ladies and one-liners.

John Wick's dog could kill Bond

The hotel guy (Lance Reddick) could probably kill Bond

don't fuck with the Baba Yaga

Wick has murdered thousands of hired henchmen and hundreds of assassins. Bond has mostly inadvertently murdered a bunch of women by sleeping with them and then acting surprised when his enemies kill them a few minutes later.

Kimawolf

Wick easily. Bond would be talking shit and get shot in the chest then face with a shotgun.

also
holy shit New York are all you motherfuckers assassins?! that shit in JW2 was crazy! from homeless people to street performers, almost,felt like i was watching the old Warriors movie.

James Bond has some wicked plot armour going on. He has taken down people who are more or less equivalent of John Wick many times throughout his movies. Not because he's better than them, but because he's the good guy and he's cooler than them.

John Wick is a better fighter and more efficient killer, but he's much more vulnerable.

Yep, this is something to take into consideration and what I basically came to post.

I skipped the last movie. I heard it was bad. Is that true? (Tom Cruise that is)

What movie? Collateral? Collateral is fucking awesome.

That pic is from Collateral. You might be thinking of Mission Impossible? In which case also no, because Rogue Nation is also fucking awesome :p

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
How would John Wick do vs. Captain America (from the MCU)?

My money is on Cap.

Aki-at

Recent Bond is unbeatable. Even if John Wick puts a hole in Bond's head, Bond has recovered from hole-in-head and gone on to kill helicopters with handguns within a few hours.

I completely forgot about this and now I think it'll definitely be Bond. Considering his physical evaluations in Skyfall and how his body reached peak performance in Spectre he must have some regeneration powers going too.

Hahah nevermind
I was thinking jack reacher 2 lol

Ohhhh. Yeah I didn't hear great things either.

It's actually kind of sad how Jack Reacher's logo is identical to Mission Impossible's, stars Tom Cruise and was also directed by the M:I Rogue Nation director. Off topic, just an observation.

peakish

I feel like this thread undervalues Bond as a killer. He's a great shot, extremely clever and has situational awareness like few others. In his universe he already took down the most lethal assassin (Scaramanga, the man who never misses his shots) while being very disadvantaged as he was hunted inside his opponent's home. In fact he is often at a great disadvantage to his opponents in straight up fighting skills but still finds ways to beat them. What would make this "John Wick" different?

... Anyway, in straight up movie universe crossovers no man would ever beat John Matrix.

John Wick is not better than Bond. we've just seen him do more impressive gunplay and fighting because of the particular directors involved and their emphasis on fight and gun choreography.

put that kind of work in a Bond movie and you'd get the same thing...but with a dude who also has shit like invisible cars and exploding pens lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom