• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick vs James Bond

John Wick vs James Bond

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSqueak

Banned
Oh golly! i wonder who would win between a highly trained, no nonsense assassin who even mobsters and other assassins shit their pants at the mere mention of vs the secret agent who gets captured in every single mission he's had and only lives due to how fucking clumsy his would be killers are.

m4st4

Why is this even a question? James Bond, of course. He's been around for a good while. John Wick will be over after part III. And I like the dude.

You mean

NSA Agents "Is that Jason Bourne! use the million dollar satellites to confirm if that is Jason Goddamn Bourne!"
I want you to know that, for some reason, I read that as if there were a million satellites that only cost a dollar.
Compare reactions? C'mon. John pops up in Rome and
his very presence makes others concerned the Pope is about to be assassinated.
This motherfucker is such a renowned, feared hitman that just
revealing himself to his target causes them to immediately accept death and commit suicide.
What reaction is possibly greater than that?

Edit: In case the spoiler tags weren't enough, FYI, this post contains Chapter 2 spoilers.

See, the vibe I got from the,
"Are you here to assassinate the Pope?" was that a lot of people come to Rome to assassinate the Pope, but it's a ridiculous task, so few go through with it. And the woman who killed herself (forgot her name) gave up because what the fuck is she going to do? She's not an assassin. It's very easily implied that she's a non-combatant.

Not to say that there's no weight to those examples, but it's all in context. Pretty much everyone knows John's a little rusty since he retired and they still don't want to fuck with him.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
um2N142.png

This just in; 84% of people have wrong opinions.

1) Google
2) Why would you make a post like this?
3) Have you lived under a bridge for the last few years?
Just making apoint here

James Bond is a classic characters whose name everyone recognize, and appeared in more than 20 successful films.

John wick appeared in 2 bad films that no one will remember in a few years. There's no room for comparison here.

Just making apoint here

James Bond is a classic characters whose name everyone recognize, and appeared in more than 20 successful films.

John wick appeared in 2 bad films that no one will remember in a few years. There's no room for comparison here.

I love James Bond, I'm one of 36 people who voted Bond in this poll, but what the fuck.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Rama from The Raid-series would beat them all.

SomTervo

I feel like Bond has developed "invincible legend" status over the last 40-50 years, more so than Wick. Like how superheroes never 'lose'. Bond would somehow pull through.

But nah, Wick is way more badass.

Bond, because he has the most powerful ability a protagonist can have, plot armor.

Put it more eloquently than me

I've watched every Bond film and even the best one isn't as good as John Wick 1 imo

Ensirius

Just making apoint here

I thought we were having a serious conversation here :(

Goldboy

Just making apoint here

I can guarantee you that people will remember the John Wick films in a few years.

John Wick would basically obliterate every other movie action hero with the exception of hand-to-hand experts like Iko Uwais from The Raid or Donnie Yen from Ip Man. Certainly there's no-one who relies on guns who's better than him, unless they have superhuman powers like Neo from The Matrix (wouldn't mind seeing Keanu vs. Keanu though!).

James Bond has always been tedious corny shit with sub par action set pieces.

It's only due to the Jason Bourne films eating it's lunch that the dinosaur has had to adapt.

It's amazing to me that this tired old franchise is still happily chugging along and continues to good business.

I'd take Wick and Bourne over Bond every time. Even though Bourne is starting to look a bit tired too.

Nameless

Fuck. Change my vote to John Matrix.

John Matrix = mindless button mashing, pray & spray, with infinite ammo against abysmal AI while playing on easy.

John Wick = precise technical gameplay with strict ammo management on hard with the aim sensitivity sliders turned all the way up.

Nameless

Yeah, but they would still kill him.

Bourne would demolish everyone here.

Are we talking about a car race or strict hand to hand? Even then I'm not so sure but I at least get the argument. But if weapons are involved, especially firearms, Bourne might as well be fighting Thanos. He doesn't stand a chance.

Bond has nonsense gadgets and cars that have missile launchers...
hes like a spy batman. Wick is cool and all but bonds comically overpowered (depending on which bond)

SpacLock

John Matrix = mindless button mashing, pray & spray, with infinite ammo against abysmal AI while playing on easy.

John Wick = precise technical gameplay with strict ammo management on hard with the aim sensitivity sliders turned all the way up.

So what?

He's two tons of pure muscle, so physically he's got them all beat.

Mentally? He's tougher then the other three combined. Some people don't even have the balls dump their significant other in a bad relationship where they constantly get shit on... But John Matrix looked his lover in the eye before ramming a steel pipe through his chest over some small shit.

lol, this is exactly on point

eso76

Wouldn't Bond gather Intel and use all his gadgets before actually confronting him ?
And if it can't be avoided he'd try to seduce him. No one can resist the Bond.

But I guess I am not familiar with action Bonds, in fact the Bonds I know were never especially good at gunfight.

Nameless

So what?

He's two tons of pure muscle, so physically he's got them all beat.

Mentally? He's tougher then the other three combined. Some people don't even have the balls dump their significant other in a bad relationship where they constantly get shit on... But John Matrix looked his lover in the eye before ramming a steel pipe through his chest over some small shit.

Matrix better end it in one punch because no way he has that the stamina for a prolonged scrap. That extra mass comes at a cost.

As for being mentally tougher, I don't think so. Aside from being remarkably skilled, Wick's whole deal is that his focus, will, and pain tolerance are off the charts. Mental toughness is essentially the man's super power.

John Wick has strict ammo management?

I don't think so.. he is precise but uses way more bullets than needed.

Relative to most action flicks I'd say so. The choreography doesn't shy away from him having to reload or change weapons often. Also I'd say he's about as efficient as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom