• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick vs James Bond

John Wick vs James Bond

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Duke Togo would take down John Wick, every Bond, Jack Reacher, the Equalizer and Jason Bourne at once. No one fucks with Golgo 13.

Truth. Don't stand behind him

Speevy

Banned
John Wick as the lone person set on the mission in Rogue One.

John Wick vs. Hacksaw Ridge.

John Wick vs. La La Land (I just want to see him shoot everyone)

TheTurboFD

John_Wick_1413993098423_jpg_cf.jpg

Vs

tom_cruise_Collateral_03_jpg_cf.jpg

Now this is a better comparison

Here's how I look at it, Wick took beatings and bullets and didn't lose much of a step. Bond takes a bullet to his shoulder and is out of commision for a year and can't hit a target on this side of the barn.

For those who saw JW2,
no way Bond survives the catacombs! He would have to call for backup and plot armour to save his ass.

Nielm

I think Bond would be beaten by Bourne and Wick. Craig hasn't really faced anyone with their abilities, Bond is more into outsmarting and finding cunning ways to overcome his opponents.

Bourne would probably beat Wick if it was 1v1 with no weapons, but Wick is an extremely skilled marksman, I would put my money on Wick in a 1v1 with guns.

Hex

Banned
Remember all those times that Dafoe had Wick in his sniper sights?
Yeah, I like Wick but Wick would be taken down.
Bond would not walk into a nightclub and go all Chow Yun Fat.

Remember all those times that Dafoe had Wick in his sniper sights?
Yeah, I like Wick but Wick would be taken down.
Bond would not walk into a nightclub and go all Chow Yun Fat.

That's because he woukd get murdered. Wick can headshot 3 guys in a club in the blink of an eye. Bond does not have that skillset.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
In terms of onscreen feats, I don't think any of them got anything on John's stuff in JW2. Legitimately terrifying one-man army.

Sicario spoilers

what if wick was the one who killed Alejandro's wife's and daughter
Probably a coin toss.

What makes Sicario scary is that his character is far more believable than Wick.

Sicario is on the same page as the real-life serial killer/hitman The Iceman.

A man who you don't want to cross.

TheTurboFD

I think Vincent is meant to be more of a 'realistic' assassin. He's an ex-military guy who has got a varied skill-set, and is obviously very dangerous.

However, Bourne and Wick are more like one man armies.

idk man

200.gif

and the night club scene in collateral too

thefro

I think Bond would be beaten by Bourne and Wick. Craig hasn't really faced anyone with their abilities, Bond is more into outsmarting and finding cunning ways to overcome his opponents.

Scaramanga is the world's best assassin who never misses a shot and has perfect aim.
Jaws is an indestructible giant who survives everything.
Baron Samedi is literally a supernatural voodoo spirit

Oddjob literally no-sells every punch Bond throws at him. Red Grant is a really tough assassin. Mr. Hinx is basically a combination of Oddjob & Red Grant with some more size.

006 and Silva are both highly trained MI6 agents who would be equal to Bond/Bourne/Wick.

I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Nielm

Scaramanga is the world's best assassin who never misses a shot and has perfect aim.

Oddjob literally no-sells every punch Bond throws at him. Red Grant is a really tough assassin. Mr. Hinx is basically a combination of Oddjob & Red Grant with some more size.

006 and Silva are both highly trained MI6 agents who would be equal to Bond/Bourne/Wick.

Scaramanga is a perfect shot, but I can't see him beating Bourne or Wick with his fists.
I can't imagine Silva doing that either, he is more of a planner. Bourne and Wick are are special, especially Wick, who takes on top assassins and Bourne, who faces off against the best agents and comes away without any serious injuries.

Strictly

Bourne is literally a superhuman. There is no equalling that.

Wick would smoke Bond in a gunfight. Wouldn't even be close. He would also take Bond hand to hand imo.

Thing is Bond is smarter and has more tools at his disposal so it really depends on the situation they are in. If their is time for Bond to be prepared and have a plan he would probably win. If it was just a fight they were both thrust into with no warning Wick kills him.

That said Jason Bourne beats both of them probably. Especially if it becomes a hand to hand fight

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Bourne would destroy Wick and Bond working together.

"Do you know where your dog is? Really? Because I'm giving this good boy a belly rub right now"

:headshot:

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Jason Bourne with a rolled up magazine vs John Wick with a sharpened No. 2 pencil. Go

Unit 33

On second thoughts, Bond would recognise Wicks' superior combat abilities and resort to use his irresistible charm and seduce him.

This would eventually lead to Wicks' death as all Bond love interests must die, it is the law of the universe.

Soemone write this fanfic please.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Golgo 13 can take down all of them with his eyes closed!!!

I'm fairly sure there is a Golgo 13 about something like this actually happening. Then again nothing tops when he dyed himself black so he would be arrested by the unknowning racist American Cops he had a hit out on. Luckily he had a really big dick when they stripped him down so that convinced the suspicious cops that he was indeed black. Yes this actually happened in the manga.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
idk man

200.gif

and the night club scene in collateral too

I've seen this gif a number of times, and the movie at least a dozen times. I know this is supposed to be the ultimate way to take down two assailants from a holstered position, but everytime I have to wonder if Vincent would have been dead if the second guy wouldn't have flumoxed his draw.

cftrooper

Hard to compare. Bond is a super spy and Wick is an super assassin. But I guess in a gun fight? John Wick would probably win. Fisticuffs is a different story

Zakalwe

Banned
It's hard to compare these things. Wick is more superhuman in his ability to clear a room, even if he's as vulnerable as the rest. When he gets his flow with a pistol it's hard to see how anyone listed here could even hope.

The times he gets fucked up in the film he's either exhausted already or injured (first, not seen the second yet).

Hand to hand he'd get murdered by a few of these listed, but with a gun, focused, fresh... no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom