• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Helznicht

Ran into an issue with drop-in/drop-out. Once you start a campaign, lest say with two human players, if you want a 3rd human player to join later, they cant use their own character, they have to use a pre-made NPC that has already been invited to the party. This became clear to me that this would be an issue as soon as I saw you cannot just create a pool of characters on your side to use for adventures. They are created at the beginning of a campaign (and only at the beginning of a campaign) and then are locked to that campaign series.

This method of locking characters to certain "saves" will really limit the whole aspect of creating your own adventures and playing as a Game Master/D&D Character. In PnP, GM has full freedom of who can and cannot join a campaign, who is available to play, etc..Unless they change this, I really do not see the GM mode going anywhere.

That said, they put much love into their own campaign, and its been awesome so far (still on
Joy
) . But I am now reliving it twice. Once with my son (when my daughter wanted to join with her character later but couldn't). And again with my daughter later (when son was unavailable). Should I really need to relive it a third time for the 3 of us to play together? What does it mean when they want to play and I cannot (they start the campaign yet again)?

Can a 4 player campaign have a different player who wasn't originally there drop in to replace an existing player who doesn't show up? Would love to try co-op but I know nobody who plays it/doesn't have a game going already.

Syder

Ran into an issue with drop-in/drop-out. Once you start a campaign, lest say with two human players, if you want a 3rd human player to join later, they cant use their own character, they have to use a pre-made NPC that has already been invited to the party. This became clear to me that this would be an issue as soon as I saw you cannot just create a pool of characters on your side to use for adventures. They are created at the beginning of a campaign (and only at the beginning of a campaign) and then are locked to that campaign series.

This method of locking characters to certain "saves" will really limit the whole aspect of creating your own adventures and playing as a Game Master/D&D Character. In PnP, GM has full freedom of who can and cannot join a campaign, who is available to play, etc..Unless they change this, I really do not see the GM mode going anywhere.

That said, they put much love into their own campaign, and its been awesome so far (still on
Joy
) . But I am now reliving it twice. Once with my son (when my daughter wanted to join with her character later but couldn't). And again with my daughter later (when son was unavailable). Should I really need to relive it a third time for the 3 of us to play together? What does it mean when they want to play and I cannot (they start the campaign yet again)?
Wouldn't be surprised if they patch this or a mod fixes it.

Taruranto

Joy

Can't you just respec the pre-mades? I'm not sure if you can change the race, though.

Helznicht

Can a 4 player campaign have a different player who wasn't originally there drop in to replace an existing player who doesn't show up? Would love to try co-op but I know nobody who plays it/doesn't have a game going already.

You can if you do not mind playing a pre-made NPC.

Looking around on reddit, apparently you can hire a merc of your choosing at the beginning of act 2 for 900 gold (why pay gold to let a friend play with us?). Then that merc can be respeced / edited in the mirror. Or if you do not mind being a dwarf, you can hire Beast and change his class and skills the same way for free. I do not know if this option is available throughout the entire game however.

Its just a really clunky way of allowing this, especially since there were mods for D:OS1 to allow just this type of thing.

Can't you just respec the pre-mades? I'm not sure if you can change the race, though.
Can you respec anywhere or only in specific places in the campaign? What happens when a person joins and takes over a pre-made NPC and then we find another that they would prefer being so we have to dismiss the premade he is controlling so we can hire his prefered, is he kicked from the game? Has to rejoin after we hire prefered?

Arkanius

Everything is level 6 and beyond in the Marches. How am I supposed to scale from Fort Joy to the after this?
Or am I straying from the path?

Taruranto

You can respect any time you want after chapter 1. I dunno about your other questions, but pre-made companions (Like the Red Prince or Fane) stay on the
ship
after act 1, once they are dismissed.

And yes, you can hire mercs from an NPC in chapter 2 too. Dismissed mercs disappear from the game, but they can be hired again.

Everything is level 6 and beyond in the Marches. How am I supposed to scale from Fort Joy to the after this?

What level are you? You can go back to Fort Joy and do the quests/fights you missed for extra exp, but you should be able to avoid the most challenging fights until you gain levels. Just explore everything.

JMY86

I think I was level 7 when I finished up Fort Joy and got into the Marshes and I'm pretty sure I missed some things. You may want to go back and make sure you did everything...

Arkanius

You can respect any time you want after chapter 1. I dunno about your other questions, but pre-made companions (Like the Red Prince or Fane) stay on the
ship

And yes, you can hire mercs from an NPC in chapter 2 too. Dismissed mercs disappear from the game, but they can be hired again.

What level are you? You can go back to Fort Joy and do the quests/fights you missed for extra exp, but you should be able to avoid the most challenging fights until you gain levels. Just explore everything.

Level 4, almost 5.
I can't beat Kneeles and I still have that fight on the topmost part of the Fort to do

valouris

Why is every single skill resisted by physical or magical armor? It makes battles begin as a damage slugfest until you take care of the enemies' armor, but then you usually have already won most of the time.

Zen Aku

what are your optimal characters class for each companion in your opinion?

I'm having a terrbly hard time deciding. I'm playing with Ifan, as a Ranger. But I cant decide on the rest.

Labadal

I'm having a terrbly hard time deciding. I'm playing with Ifan, as a Ranger. But I cant decide on the rest.
It doesn't really matter, imo. Me:

Red Price: Air, Water, Necro
Ifan: Huntsman, Geo, Poly
Fane: Warfare, 2handed
Sebille: Pyro, Summon, Necro

Dipper145

Any first timer tips for a newbie? I'm really into CRPG's but this seems like a monster with so many possible approaches.

Get all the utility skills like healing and teleport on every character, you'll have lots of points to spend and the bonuses from additional points in things for an extra 5% damage isn't worth missing out on a wider range of abilities to use.

I went with all the ones they said they already were. Sebille is a scoundrel, Ifan a ranger, red prince a warrior. But there's really no reason to dedicate specific classes to characters throughout the game as some of the bonuses from additional points instead of a wider ability selection isn't worth it. (Except warfare and its additional 7% health per point talent) Every character I use has healing, teleport, and haste available.

I think I was level 7 when I finished up Fort Joy and got into the Marshes and I'm pretty sure I missed some things. You may want to go back and make sure you did everything...

Whoa. I busted out of Fort Joy last night at level 4. I thought I'd left maybe 1 level on the table by not storming the fort to slaughter every magister, but damn... Guess I may be circling back sooner rather than later.

Why is every single skill resisted by physical or magical armor? It makes battles begin as a damage slugfest until you take care of the enemies' armor, but then you usually have already won most of the time.

There was some back and forth about this earlier in the thread. Seems to be a divisive change. I don't mind so much yet. Most of the enemies are relatively weak in one armor type, but brute forcing through the heavier resistance isn't such a crazy idea that combat comes down to a matching game, like in FFX. But I'm super early in the game. The main effect has been to remind me that I desperately need to armor up my characters.

Holy crap that Act 1 boss fight was TOUGH. I only survived on Classic because I went all the way to the left of the building and blocked all the ways up with oil whilst hiding behind the wall so most of the enemies wasted time trying to get to me.

Helznicht

ship

There is a mod (Nexus) that adds a respec mirror in act 1. If joining a campaign later, you can respec the premades. Still stuck with race and sex of the premades however.

Zen Aku

Get all the utility skills like healing and teleport on every character, you'll have lots of points to spend and the bonuses from additional points in things for an extra 5% damage isn't worth missing out on a wider range of abilities to use.

I went with all the ones they said they already were. Sebille is a scoundrel, Ifan a ranger, red prince a warrior. But there's really no reason to dedicate specific classes to characters throughout the game as some of the bonuses from additional points instead of a wider ability selection isn't worth it. (Except warfare and its additional 7% health per point talent) Every character I use has healing, teleport, and haste available.
I look up a guide that told me Red Prince would benefit more as a caster class, aka Wizard because of his racial bonus instead of a Fighter or Knight. So you're saying those little bonuses isn't worth it?

And like Louse seem better as a Rogue than Enchanter because of her innate talent.

For people who've gotten far in the game; Just *how* good is the story and characters? I've never played Baldurs Gate so I don't understand the comparisons. My first entry into RPGs was KOTOR, and so I've never gotten used to isometric games. They seem very outdated to me, but a good story is a good story, and I don't think a game should be dismissed because of lower production values.

I bought Torment. ToN, and I couldn't get into the story at all. I kinda fear it will be the same with Divinity- That's why I never played the first. I just find it difficult to really get immersed when its just a text book with far away character models that are not very detailed, compared to say a Mass Effect.
I heard that everything is well voice voice acted in DOS2 so that's a big allure thou. There is a big difference between production values in text-box adventures, and text box adventures with voice acting. The latter can add a lot of additional weight and emotion with good voice actors:eek:)

The game has gotten insane reviews, but most reviews I've seen talk about mechanics and combat, and not so much on story.

Sebille ranger seems like a perfect match, as she has Flesh Sacrifice which boosts her damage at the cost of the constitution, also grants 1 AP on activation. Therefore, she's better to stay at the back. Beast might be better as a melee fighter or frontline mage (like necro), because his Petrifying Touch's range is quite short. The rest seem versatile enough.

For people who've gotten far in the game; Just *how* good is the story and characters? I've never played Baldurs Gate so I don't understand the comparisons. My first entry into RPGs was KOTOR, and so I've never gotten used to isometric games. They seem very outdated to me, but a good story is a good story, and I don't think a game should be dismissed because of lower production values.

I bought Torment. ToN, and I couldn't get into the story at all. I kinda fear it will be the same with Divinity- That's why I never played the first. I just find it difficult to really get immersed when its just a text book with far away character models that are not very detailed, compared to say a Mass Effect.
I heard that everything is well voice voice acted in DOS2 so that's a big allure thou. There is a big difference between production values in text-box adventures, and text box adventures with voice acting. The latter can add a lot of additional weight and emotion with good voice actors:eek:)

The game has gotten insane reviews, but most reviews I've seen talk about mechanics and combat, and not so much on story.

You're right. Fully voice-acted dialogues in this game adds a lot to the overall enjoyment for me. Reading through texts needs more concentration and imagination; while hearing the characters and narrator in dialogues is more relaxing and immersive. The voice acting is also sublime on top of that which adds a lot to the quality of the characters. Even the narration and non-important NPCs are fully voiced and they're pretty darn good.

Did you play the first game? The story is much much better in this as they hired lots of new writers. It's pretty much a fantasy story with good twists here and there. The story is not really linear like in regular AAA games, so you may want to pay attention to even the smallest conversations and also read the journal. I haven't finished the game, but the story is quite unique as you're not a regular hero in this game.

Zen Aku

I'm not super familiar with this type of games outside of Dragon Age Origins and I'm not even out of the beginning area of Fort Joy. But man, the voice acting is top notch. Even for regular ass NPC you'll never see again after 1 mission. The main companions has a ton of personality. I don't think you'll be disappointed in that aspect.

Without giving anything away, what would you say are the main issues with it?

As generally as possible:

-The pacing is totally thrown off after Act 3. It's clearly leading you to the end game, but then Act 4 is like Nah, here's a big city to wander around in!
-The main story is pretty unclear here, or specifically how to advance it. You gotta' find a number of things before you even know where you're supposed to go to, let alone how to actually get there.
-The number of ways quests and characters can resolve/progress up to this point clearly hits its breaking point here. I got several references to "this character did that for you!" and I was like "No they didn't Game, that character is dead".
-End game sidequests that are obviously meant for one specific character are basically meaningless as another. To be a bit more specific: I hit a quest that was obviously very important for Red Prince, that played out almost nonsensically because I wasn't him and he was not present.
-My main character's story, Lohse, was resolved basically as a non-event. I really hope it was bugged and not intended this way, so other people don't have to go "Really? That's it? Just that huh? Spent most of the game building this up and... yeah okay moving on"

Overall I had a great time, and I'm looking forward to playing again as a different character. Next time I will also feel a bit less driven to move the story along in Act 4.

edit:
For people who've gotten far in the game; Just *how* good is the story and characters? I.

Having now beaten the game: Pretty damn good story overall. There are plenty of great sidequests, the main story is solid if a bit easy to break (characters will sometimes reference events or groups or people that haven't been properly introduced yet) but the companions (at least the ones I played with) are damn solid. They're all charming, funny, serious, angry, jolly at all the right beats and all have a pretty good arc if you put the time into them. Their attitudes and goals can shift depending on what you do/say to them, but they are very much their own people.

For getting the most out of the story, I strongly recommend either playing as Fane or having him in the party. He is the most linked to the main plot and has the most stuff going on.

About to leave Reapers Isle at L17 3/4 or so but I have some unanswered quests/questions. (spoilers ahead)

- A Man and his Dog - Got to the point where you meet the dog at the graveyeard and he says the memorial near the centre smells like the bad fish. Quest ends/stuck there.
- The Three Altars - Prayed at all 3 still no resolution.
- The Reluctant servants - Killed Ryker, told the gravekeeper, she's happy but the quest is still open.
- Speaking in forked Tongues - Has something to do with the chest in the fire but I think I did it out of order as I'd already picked the chest before I met the Salamander.
- Treated like cattle - Made a second potion, the 2nd cow takes it and nothing, no transformation, no quest over. Bug?
- The Law of the Order - I think I've completely broken this quest as I never found the evidence that the fishery was involved in weapon smuggling.
- Near the southwest (Near the Djinn) are 3 buttons around a caravan where some possessed dwarfs attack. Stood on all 3 and nothing, is there another button somewhere?
- Near there is a dwarf in a cave who wouldn't come out. Do I need a dwarf in the party or the shapshifter helm to get him to move?

Artdayne

I enjoyed Act 4 overall even though it had its frustrating bits. There were a couple quests where I was genuinely stuck on what to do but I definitely liked it more than Act 3. I did have Red Prince in my party though and the payoff is really cool.

About to leave Reapers Isle at L17 3/4 or so but I have some unanswered quests/questions. (spoilers ahead)

- A Man and his Dog - Got to the point where you meet the dog at the graveyeard and he says the memorial near the centre smells like the bad fish. Quest ends/stuck there.
- The Three Altars - Prayed at all 3 still no resolution.
- The Reluctant servants - Killed Ryker, told the gravekeeper, she's happy but the quest is still open.
- Speaking in forked Tongues - Has something to do with the chest in the fire but I think I did it out of order as I'd already picked the chest before I met the Salamander.
- Treated like cattle - Made a second potion, the 2nd cow takes it and nothing, no transformation, no quest over. Bug?
- The Law of the Order - I think I've completely broken this quest as I never found the evidence that the fishery was involved in weapon smuggling.
- Near the southwest (Near the Djinn) are 3 buttons around a caravan where some possessed dwarfs attack. Stood on all 3 and nothing, is there another button somewhere?
- Near there is a dwarf in a cave who wouldn't come out. Do I need a dwarf in the party or the shapshifter helm to get him to move?

Yeah, I hate it when I thought I have completed a side quest but it just won't get closed. I think that maybe some of the quests will be continued later, but sometimes I feel that they're just bugged or something. And now, I stopped paying attention the status of my side quests. The rewards aren't worth the stress anyway, they're mostly junk.

The story is really good.
Its start out focused on one element (The imprisonment of source users), but then in act 2 it starts to shifts the focus to this wider GoT style conflict for power.
In which the main cast are involved in due to race/secret history etc.

Well atleast that was my experience with Fane/Seb/Prince/Lohse. Dont know about Ifan/beast, although beasts story seems obvious.
Even in my own party, different companions seemed more relevant than others. The Lohse content seemed made for her, Seb/Prince content was so well done and signficant choices can be made, and Fane...... Yea does the story even make sense to people who arent playing with him?

For getting the most out of the story, I strongly recommend either playing as Fane or having him in the party. He is the most linked to the main plot and has the most stuff going on.

Even in my own party, different companions seemed more relevant than others. The Lohse content seemed made for her, Seb/Prince content was so well done and signficant choices can be made, and Fane...... Yea does the story even make sense to people who arent playing with him?

Man, I hope so considering I decided to save Fane for another playthrough.

I enjoyed Act 4 overall even though it had its frustrating bits. There were a couple quests where I was genuinely stuck on what to do but I definitely liked it more than Act 3. I did have Red Prince in my party though and the payoff is really cool.

If Act 3 and Act 4 just swapped places (and maybe if the isle were like half the size) that would eliminate a great many of my problems, I think.

edit:
Man, I hope so considering I decided to save Fane for another playthrough.

That might actually be an interesting way to see the story, depending on how the game handles it. You might be in for some extra surprise assuming you play as Fane next go around.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Act 1 and 2 are masterpieces imo. Act 3 and 4 kinda fall off a little bit and you can tell they were running out of time, but still not bad.

The story is really good.
Its start out focused on one element (The imprisonment of source users), but then in act 2 it starts to shifts the focus to this wider GoT style conflict for power.
In which the main cast are involved in due to race/secret history etc.

Well atleast that was my experience with Fane/Seb/Prince/Lohse. Dont know about Ifan/beast, although beasts story seems obvious.

About Fane
Didn't have him the first time and towards the final fight we learn exactly what his role was in the entire story. Now 2nd run he shall be my main bro

What's the cheapest low level mobility (ie Phoenix Dive, Tactical Retreat) spell in terms of investment in school level? I need to purchase something for my dedicated mage since she is the only one on the team that can't use one.

Act 1 and 2 are masterpieces imo. Act 3 and 4 kinda fall off a little bit and you can tell they were running out of time, but still not bad.

About Fane
Didn't have him the first time and towards the final fight we learn exactly what his role was in the entire story. Now 2nd run he shall be my main bro

So do they voidling
talk to you at all without fane? Like they start out guilting fane, then it ends up "sacrifice humans for us"

I have never, ever been a fan of isometric RPGs, but this game is just fucking flat-out amazing.

I only bought it because of the insanely high reviews. Playing with a controller is wonderful and makes all the difference for me. I never liked point-and-click movement, so having full control over my characters helps a ton.

I couldn't get into Pillars of Eternity or other isometric RPGs because they weren't immersive enough, lacking substantially voiced dialogue and dishing out lore-heavy stories that required just too much investigating and reading to fully flesh out.

That is not the case with Divinity: Original Sin 2. Every line of dialogue is voiced, and all the stories in the main quests and side quests have thus far been incredibly interesting and compelling. I've been moved, laughed out loud, and glued to this game since I started playing it.

It's a magical gaming experience. You feel like your actions have permanence in this world. Corpses of fallen enemies don't regenerate. They remain in their fallen states tens of hours later, complete with the elemental effects that felled them (electricity, fire, poison, etc.). Characters in the world respond to your decisions. The game is refreshingly off the rails and allows you to approach situations in so many different ways, each solution carefully calibrated so as not to feel slighted or dialed in.

It's a game whose world and characters are alive in a way that so few games I've ever played have accomplished. There is a genuine feeling of mystery and discovery around every corner, in every cave, or maybe just in the dirt itself (bring a shovel or lizard). The story shapes so cleverly around your actions and decisions, seamlessly.

Tactile is the best way to describe it. You loot items similarly to Skyrim. There are animations when barrels, coffins, or cabinets are ransacked. And every single item has a physical presence in the world and is used for decoration also. Bread, beer, grapes, carrots, weapons, armor, just everything appears as a physical thing that can be thrown, hidden, or just left on the ground to remain permanently unless you decide to pick it up again.

If you can't pick a lock on a chest, destroy it and its contents with actually come spilling out on the ground for you to pick up.

The voice acting and writing are top-tier and emotionally driven. The environments are beautifully realized with gorgeous graphics and stunning art direction. The combat is fantastic, and I'm not even a fan of turn-based games in the slightest.

Basically, this game has single-handedly made me examine my feelings on this genre as a whole.

I think it is a masterpiece and without question the best game I've played this entire year.

Nier: Automata is sublime. Breath of the Wild is messy and glorious but begins to show its limitations and seams after a while. Persona 5 is remarkable. Horizon: Zero Dawn is stunning. Destiny 2 is great fun but nothing more.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is something else. It's just pure gaming magic. You poke it, and it pokes back in unexpected ways, sometimes hours and hours after a previous decision or action. It constantly surprises and delights in the grandest and simplest moments. It unfolds in intricate layers and never cracks despite moving so many pieces behind the scenes to accommodate player agency and discovery.

It's the best game I've played since I can't remember when.

Seriously, check it out. I doubt you'll regret it.

Moff

What's the cheapest low level mobility (ie Phoenix Dive, Tactical Retreat) spell in terms of investment in school level? I need to purchase something for my dedicated mage since she is the only one on the team that can't use one.

both of these are level 2 (warfare and huntsman)
I don't think there are any others
there are nether swap and teleportation (both air magic 2) but they don't work as easy as the other 2

They're basically all level 2.

Huntsman 2: Haste + selfporting. Solid
Scoundrel 2: Pawn talent + cloak and dagger
Polymorph 2: Spread your wings (expensive, but stays for 3 turns) + cloaking
Warfare 2: Phoenix dive + Shield bounce because why not

I'd recommend either scoundrel or poly.

I have never, ever been a fan of isometric RPGs, but this game is just fucking flat-out amazing.

I only bought it because of the insanely high reviews. Playing with a controller is wonderful and makes all the difference for me. I never liked point-and-click movement, so having full control over my characters helps a ton.

I couldn't get into Pillars of Eternity or other isometric RPGs because they weren't immersive enough, lacking substantially voiced dialogue and dishing out lore-heavy stories that required just to much investigating and reading to fully flesh out.

That is not the case with Divinity: Original Sin 2. Every line of dialogue is voiced, and all the stories in the main quests and side quests have thus far been incredibly interesting and compelling. I've been moved, laughed out loud, and glued to this game since I started playing it.

It's a magical gaming experience. You feel like your actions have permanence in this world. Corpses of fallen enemies don't regenerate. They remain in their fallen states tens of hours later, complete with the elemental effects that felled them (electricity, fire, poison, etc.). Characters in the world respond to your decisions. The game is refreshingly off the rails and allows you to approach situations in so many different ways, each solution carefully calibrated so as not to feel slighted or dialed in.

It's a game whose world and characters are alive in a way that so few games I've ever played have accomplished. There is a genuine feeling of mystery and discovery around every corner, in every cave, or maybe just in the dirt itself (bring a shovel or lizard). The story shapes so cleverly around your actions and decisions, seamlessly.

Tactile is the best way to describe it. You loot items similarly to Skyrim. There are animations when barrels, coffins, or cabinets are ransacked. And every single item has a physical presence in the world and is used for decoration also. Bread, beer, grapes, carrots, weapons, armor, just everything appears as a physical thing that can be thrown, hidden, or just left on the ground to remain permanently unless you decide to pick it up again.

If you can't pick a lock on a chest, destroy it and it's contents with actually come spilling out on the ground for you to pick up.

The voice acting and writing are top-tier and emotionally driven. The environments are beautifully realized with gorgeous graphics and stunning art direction. The combat is fantastic, and I'm not even a fan of turn-based games in the slightest.

Basically, this game has single-handedly made me examine my feelings on this genre as a whole.

I think it is a masterpiece and without question the best game I've played this entire year.

Nier: Automata is sublime. Breath of the Wild is messy and glorious but begins to show its limitations and seams after a while. Persona 5 is remarkable. Horizon: Zero Dawn is stunning. Destiny 2 is great fun but nothing more.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is something else. It's just pure gaming magic. You poke it, and it pokes back in unexpected ways, sometimes hours and hours after a previous decision or Agron. It constantly surprises and delights in the grandest and simplest moments. It unfolds in intricate layers and never cracks despite moving so many pieces behind the scenes to accommodate player agency and discovery.

It's the best game I've played since I can't remember when.

Seriously, check it out. I doubt you'll regret it.

lNEg8.gif

Go polymorph, because bull does piercing damage so thats also a good skill to have. 2 points for eagle flight.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So do they voidling
talk to you at all without fane? Like they start out guilting fane, then it ends up "sacrifice humans for us"

They just call us thieves, invaders, etc etc. On the island one of them basically spells out that voidwoken = eternals, which felt super odd to me since he just kinda walks off after.

After Fane "dies" his spirit is basically all excited to study normal people.

I'd argue best mobility spell is the wings of polymorph. It's fantastic as a rogue as I can combine it with other mobility spells and just jump around the level backstabbing people.

They just call us thieves, invaders, etc etc. On the island one of them basically spells out that voidwoken = eternals, which felt super odd to me since he just kinda walks off after.

After Fane "dies" his spirit is basically all excited to study normal people.

I bet the blackpits is random as fuck aswell.

Sebille storyline was probably my favourite, did anyone finish without her?
Spoiler questions about her storyline
What happens with the elves and the lone wolves in act 2? And do you even know about the mother tree in act3?

R0ckman

Downloaded this during pre-release a good while ago and was not happy with character creation options, was trying to make a black barbarian like character and was struggling to make anything that didn't look weird, I think the hair options were really holding things back from what I remember. Were there any updates to this? I wanna say I did this about a year ago.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Where can you find a damn bedroll after missing the one at the very start of the game?

I'm just coming up on Driftwood now.

Arulan

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is something else. It's just pure gaming magic. You poke it, and it pokes back in unexpected ways, sometimes hours and hours after a previous decision or action. It constantly surprises and delights in the grandest and simplest moments. It unfolds in intricate layers and never cracks despite moving so many pieces behind the scenes to accommodate player agency and discovery.

This game is a magnificent example of what player-freedom can be in video games. It's that thought of I wonder if this will work responded by a resounding yes across all areas of design.

Can someone explain Netherswap? Is it bugged or is the text wrong? It says "Switch two characters position, one of the characters CAN be you". And yet every time I try to swap my caster with another PC, it gives me some error message. Am I just getting unlucky with the finicky terrain or am I not understanding this?

Moff

I have definitely noticed how important the levels of your characters are in combat, that is a bit underwhelming.
I did the "wrong" part in act 2 first and now I breeze through the part I was supposed to do first.

Vamphuntr

Menome

Is there a way to upgrade existing equipment beyond using runes? I've found my first rapier, and I don't want to have to discard it in a couple of levels' time.

Arkanius

Guys, question about transitioning to Act II

Do all the recruitable party members go? Even the ones outside your current party?

Top Bottom