• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Vamphuntr

The scaling for the gear is so bizarre. Going from Level 17 to 19 attack power of weapon is doubled and it's even weirder for shields. Went from a 200/500 shield to a 500/1450.

Even the damage you do seems to follow the same, All my AoE spells pretty much do 1000 damage+ right now. With Onslaught and Arrow Spray you can easily reach 10k damage.

The scaling for the gear is so bizarre. Going from Level 17 to 19 attack power of weapon is doubled and it's even weirder for shields. Went from a 200/500 shield to a 500/1450.

Even the damage you do seems to follow the same, All my AoE spells pretty much do 1000 damage+ right now. With Onslaught and Arrow Spray you can easily reach 10k damage.

True. This is why I found myself keep upgrading my gear even if it's only a level worth of upgrade.

I have a pretty bad habit while playing this game. After leveling up or playing for a couple of hours or so, I go back to the town to check new item from the vendors. And it doesn't stop there as there are so many vendors in the game. From the Driftwood square, I proceed to the vendors in undertavern, then the ship, all the way the vendors in the forest including the paladin outpost. I end up upgrading my gear very often, but I still have lots of gold to spare. I enjoy it though so I'm not complaining. However, this habit of mine seems contribute to a lot of my playtime.

NPC's switch stuff they sell after 1 hour being away or after you level up. so it's kinda a trap

plenilune

To make the first fight easier, you can go out the side door and kill the patrolling guard without attracting the others.

For the fight against the judge, I found it to be a lot more manageable if you use one of your characters to start a conversation with him and then engage with the rest of the guards while they're talking. It'll keep the judge and one of the others guards out of the fight.

Thanks for the tips. Tried the side door but the Paladin dies too soon that way. I'll try the convo trick on the judge.

So as many others are pointing out, the massive amount of freedom you have in the game is backfiring somewhat with the way quests are coded. I'm still only in Act 2, but I've teleported/Teleport Pyramid..ed my way into some crazy random shit by just exploring around. Then suddenly I find myself in a situation I clearly was not supposed to find until later.

Look - if you put an item like the Teleport Pyramids in the game, and put plenty of physical barriers that are super easy to just teleport across, then sequence breaking is going to be the inevitable result. The problem is the quest log and game code isn't taking this into account.

Some examples of stuff I stumbled into without any prior knowledge and became very confused:
I stumbled across Gareth's house by approaching from the North -
I didn't even know his family was dead. I convinced him not to kill...someone? Then he ran off. Apparently I also found the friggin end-of-act quest target for The Red Prince by teleporting across a gap or two. Prophesied who what now? Entered the lumber mill from the very northern end and stumbled across Elf from Act 1. Then saw a big bad in an evil mirror. K. No idea whats going on.

Eventually the pieces all fell together as I continued to explore, but I feel the game could try to better balance to awesome freedom it gives you with the quest structure.

Unrelated: How in the world do you handle this Act 2 fight?
The burning corpse of the witch in the Cloisterwood BEGINS the fight by nearly one-shotting the entire party, she deals massive physical damage every turn to boot, and has adds! How did you possibly handle this!? I'm on easy for goodness sake

So as many others are pointing out, the massive amount of freedom you have in the game is backfiring somewhat with the way quests are coded. I'm still only in Act 2, but I've teleported/Teleport Pyramid..ed my way into some crazy random shit by just exploring around. Then suddenly I find myself in a situation I clearly was not supposed to find until later.

Look - if you put an item like the Teleport Pyramids in the game, and put plenty of physical barriers that are super easy to just teleport across, then sequence breaking is going to be the inevitable result. The problem is the quest log and game code isn't taking this into account.

Some examples of stuff I stumbled into without any prior knowledge and became very confused:
I stumbled across Gareth's house by approaching from the North -
I didn't even know his family was dead. I convinced him not to kill...someone? Then he ran off. Apparently I also found the friggin end-of-act quest target for The Red Prince by teleporting across a gap or two. Prophesied who what now? Entered the lumber mill from the very northern end and stumbled across Elf from Act 1. Then saw a big bad in an evil mirror. K. No idea whats going on.

Eventually the pieces all fell together as I continued to explore, but I feel the game could try to better balance to awesome freedom it gives you with the quest structure.

Yeah that can happen, this is why I prioritize reading the Journal logs when they are notified on screen. Journal logs pick up anything relevant to moving the multiple story threads forward, and I mean anything. Some note you found that didn't make sense at first glance so you stored it away? Might've been a journal log there to give you more context.

Thanks for the tips. Tried the side door but the Paladin dies too soon that way. I'll try the convo trick on the judge.

You should be able to pull the guard that's on the side without initiating a fight with the rest of them. Start the fight by teleporting him as close to the door as you can and it should keep the others from joining in.

Yeah that can happen, this is why I prioritize reading the Journal logs when they are notified on screen. Journal logs pick up anything relevant to moving the multiple story threads forward, and I mean anything. Some note you found that didn't make sense at first glance so you stored it away? Might've been a journal log there to give you more context.

I always make sure to read them when they come up, the problem is now they get disjointed and out of order. Log 1 may say "We should go talk to Billybob", then after some shenanigans Log 2 says "Billybob was a Sith Lord all along - we killed him for good". Then you talk to someone in town and you get Log 3: "Jimbo says Billybob is at home playing XCOM, we should find a way into his house."

This actually seemed to be the reason I left Act 1 with a lot of quests "Failed".

Vamphuntr

For the burning corpse on the cross fight : She use her AoE nuke only if the characters are grouped together. Unchain and split the characters far away and she won't nuke you.

It's nice to see Divinity 2 still going strong in its 2nd week, similar number compared to the first week.

KgYb8Qj.png

Which probably means that most people are glued to the game and not leaving it after the first Act or two like the first game.

Cross-posting from the Steam thread.

NPC's switch stuff they sell after 1 hour being away or after you level up. so it's kinda a trap

Yeah, and I'm the perfect victim for such trap lol.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Really terrible at the combat in this game - still just ~3 hours in and only fought a few groups, and struggle every time. Tried to take out the crocs you find on the beach like 3-4 times and finally did it, but still had to burn two resurrection scrolls to do so.

Thinking about bumping it down to easy and just enjoying the ride.

I understand the "CRPG way" is to simply... find a way. Pickpocket or simply find some gear. Swap out skills. Or just wander in a different direction. But damn it doesn't feel like a default party with default skills should get wrecked when wandering in the obvious direction to wander.

For those crocs I tried to keep Ifan back and ping them with arrows from afar, but one teleported into his face and killed him same-turn. All Lohse can manage is to tickle their Magic Shield a turn or two before the croc is in her face, too. Fane I specced as a Rogue and he gets 1-2 turns of good dmg in but then takes face dmg. Red Prince is the only one that absorbed any shots and also has my best CC with his knockdown.

IDK... it's one thing to be bad or to need to learn systems better. It's another to just feel very limited by the tools in my toolbox.

Really terrible at the combat in this game - still just ~3 hours in and only fought a few groups, and struggle every time. Tried to take out the crocs you find on the beach like 3-4 times and finally did it, but still had to burn two resurrection scrolls to do so.

I understand the "CRPG way" is to simply... find a way. Pickpocket or simply find some gear. Swap out skills. Or just wander in a different direction. But damn it doesn't feel like a default party with default skills should get wrecked when wandering in the obvious direction to wander.

For those crocs I tried to keep Ifan back and ping them with arrows from afar, but one teleported into his face and killed him same-turn. All Lohse can manage is to tickle their Magic Shield a turn or two before the croc is in her face, too. Fane I specced as a Rogue and he gets 1-2 turns of good dmg in but then takes face dmg. Red Prince is the only one that absorbed any shots and also has my best CC with his knockdown.

IDK... it's one thing to be bad or to need to learn systems better. It's another to just feel very limited by the tools in my toolbox.

Early game is definitely merciless, especially if you don't pay attention to your gears and skills.

Gears do matter a lot in this game, a seemingly small upgrade would make an impossible battle possible.

Bread

Banned
Anyone else’s frame rates way lower after act 1? I went from stable 144fps at 1440p to 30-60fps in Driftwood. Playing on a 1080.

A-V-B

In Act Three as Lohse, seem to have encountered a bug (one of many, but this one especially confounding)

I've been with Jahan this whole time. Now as I go into the rainforest, I check my log and is it says I've declined Jahan and I'll go to Arx to hunt the demon for myself. The fuck is this? I never declined him. I've been able to stomach all the weird incomplete quests that should've actually been complete, but this is something else entirely! Anyone else know what's going on?

That initial portion of Fort Joy is trying to teach you that there is no set order to how to do things in the game. You will happen upon situations that you are quite clearly outmatched for so there is no shame in either retreating or finding an alternate way through.

Every level counts in that area. If you aren't ready for combat then focus on doing the quests that don't require it- you can get a lot of XP doing quests with no battles required. Don't be shy about sneaking and, above all else, don't be shy about pick pocketing.

Stevey

Anyone else’s frame rates way lower after act 1? I went from stable 144fps at 1440p to 30-60fps in Driftwood. Playing on a 1080.

I've gone from 144fps at 1080p to like 80ish in Driftwood, also using a 1080, what CPU do you have?
I have an i7 3770k @4.1ghz

Mothman91

Question about act II arena....

So party of 4, did the Murga inital fight with blindfold, won.
Now we are fighting her, first time I chose original idea was to fight her. Won, never got the key for the hatch.
Reloaded, different answer to kill the voidling......same thing, no key. Even with fighting between each other to get the title for The One(?) nothing came up to receive anything..

Any help is appreciated

Question about act II arena....

So party of 4, did the Murga inital fight with blindfold, won.
Now we are fighting her, first time I chose original idea was to fight her. Won, never got the key for the hatch.
Reloaded, different answer to kill the voidling......same thing, no key. Even with fighting between each other to get the title for The One(?) nothing came up to receive anything..

Any help is appreciated
the key to the hatch is not with
Murga
but who you go talk to for the arena and has all the items for sale

Mothman91

the key to the hatch is not with
Murga
but who you go talk to for the arena and has all the items for sale

Yeah the problem is he isn't giving me the option to finish it. I found out we can pickpocket to get the key but my own play through without my friends I did it correctly without hassle.

Yeah the problem is he isn't giving me the option to finish it. I found out we can pickpocket to get the key but my own play through without my friends I did it correctly without hassle.

i've only ever pickpocketed it off him and did all the stuff down the hatch so i wouldn't know how to get it otherwise

_Clash_

Any first timer tips for a newbie? I'm really into CRPG's but this seems like a monster with so many possible approaches.

Dig in, take your time, you'll have access to a respec after 10 hours

Be aware of which elements/ statuses you have, and which are around you in the environment. Try and combo statuses and elements with the environments statuses and barrels for success.

Sanctuary

Interface and camera are almost identical. Depending on how much you disliked this aspect of DOS1, DOS2 may not be for you either. Don't feel bad about it - not every game clicks with every gamer.

But for what it's worth, I couldn't get into DS1 and DS2 has me hooked so far. I still find it slower and clunkier than something like Pillars of Eternity, and (this is just a personal preference thing) I like POE's pre-rendered art more.

But where DOS2 really shines is in your ability to actually roleplay. What you're wearing, things you've said, what's in your inventory, the order you do things, how long it takes to do things... all of this comes back up in really surprising, unanticipated ways.

I loved the way PoE looked, and I also loved how Tyranny looked (what there was of it anyway). I actually find this game to be better than both of them in terms of graphics and aesthetics more often than not (Larian really made a huge improvement to both). What I don't like however is the camera. It's annoying and way too close even at "max" distance. I also can't stand the navigation in this game. Moving around to specific points on the map shouldn't be this damn cumbersome, and you have waypoints for fast travel, on top of potentially having three custom waypoints.

On a different, but kind of related note: the writing in this game has dramatically improved over the previous one so much that it's kind of hard to believe it's the same team. Not just how it ditched most of the cheekiness (while still offering it as welcome relief than more of a focus), but in general and especially the companions. The companion interactions in the previous game were decent to good, but they are stellar here. They are so good that they make me think of Mass Effect 2 and even Baldur's Gate 2 levels of refinement. I know that Chris Avellone was said to have only written a very minor bit for Fane, but it just feels like he influenced way more than that.

The end of act 1/beginning of act 2 is really strong.

By this time in the first game, I'd mentally checked out. Really HELPS its not written like ODDFACE MCZOMBIEPANTS wants me to fetch the QUIRKY WHIP OF ODDMENT from THE LAUGHING SLIME OF THE LIGHTHOUSE, with a torrent OF SNARK SILLY DITZY OUTRAGEOUS dialogue in-between.

What a sequel. Ya did GooD Larian.

Yep. I didn't actually dislike it as much as many seemed to, but I prefer what they've done here by far.

This is only true early on. Basically in act1, Thievery > Lucky Charm, you can't get many levels in Lucky Charm and stuff and Thievery lets you get all these spellbooks you need.

In act2 and higher though, Lucky Charm > Thievery. Lucky charm generates a ton of items, and these items can be sold to generate gold to buy everything you need from vendors anyway. I'm near the end of act2 and still haven't used Thievery on any vendor(used it to steal keys from random npcs and what not, just nothing valuable), and I'm like 100k gold up from what I had when starting act2, while buying literally anything that's even a slight upgrade.

The fact that it generates additional items makes it way better than Thievery. It's a lot of items considering it's like one purple/pink every 7-8containers, and it counts everything like bookcases, skeletons, crates, barrels, fish stacks and whatever else.

Only starts kicking in at like 4 or more though, before that it felt meh, after that it felt really strong. Unsure if it scales past 6 unlike first game or whatever though, I just have 7 or 8 and keep it like that.

In the first game it was pretty crappy, but in this it's probably way too OP. If you have to pick only one skill I'd say it's the best, combat wise. Thievery doubles as exploration utility though, can open doors and chests and steal keys or quest items, but it pales in comparison to lucky charm for gearing up.

Whoa now. Either you're seriously lucky with how often and what it procs for you, or that's a bit hyperbolic. I've kept Lucky Charm on my Ranger, since he's the one who scouts ahead anyway due to Wits and mobility options, but I'll go what seems like hours at a time where all I end up getting is some random garbage blue item that no one would want to use. There's no way you've been getting thousands, upon thousands worth of items in such a way that it becomes better than what you can do with Thievery. I've probably stolen 200K worth of books, items and gold. At least. You aren't the first one to claim how strong it is either, and I'm not having a similar experience. Then again, some are also claiming to keep an out of combat Lucky Charm set too for when exploring, but that's too tedious to me. Doesn't help either that the RNG doesn't seem to want to drop every item that can come with it for Finesse either.

What do you mean about it being good for combat though? Combat effectiveness through RNG outside of combat?

fuck the spell book you can find near the
elf camp
called
Appropriation

It's too late now, but is it buried? Also, what makes it any different than simply using the Teleport spell? Do NPCs not notice when you use it, like they do with Teleport?

kionedrik

I'm pretty sure I found the most annoying bug in existence otherwise I'm blind and wasted the past 20 minutes on a wild goose chase.
Has anyone crafted resurrection scrolls? I crafted it and they simply vanish, they never show up in any member's inventory or bags, no matter who crafts them and where the ingredients are. So am I missing something or is this a bug?

Finally managed to finish the final boss without a bug/crash being trigged.
( Dont use the
Flight
skill on the
dragon
summon, since that seems to instantly crash the fight. )

The ending is super rushed, and the epilogue scene doesn't even make sense in the slightest for some of the choices. And the game seems to want to set up for that
Malady
sequel so bad, that it completely compromises any impact the choice of
sacrifice
should have had.

Act 4 in general felt super rushed, theres very little effort put into "Playing your way", you are railroaded into doing what the game wants you to do, because the game is not offering you the choice to do logical things. You'll spend a ton of time investigating, but you wont be able to do anything with the information, except a few specific things.

ValfarHL

I'm starting to get pretty frustrated... Killed everything I possibly could before the final boss of act 1 and still only level 6.

I get utterly steamrolled every time I attempt it. Right now my ranger (ifan) has his story-related epic wep so he's pretty good DPS but my others (warrior, battlemage and enchanter) all hit like wet noodles.

Think I may have to start over. This game can be legit fun but wasting 6+ hours bashing my head against a wall isn't my idea of a good time.

Positioning is everything. I barely took any damage in that fight.

Place everyone except tank outside the entrance, then
teleport Alexander to them. With a rogue and ranger he can be killed/stunned in one turn. When the big worm appears get your party up the stairs while the Magisters fight him. When he's dead you enter to fight again to do some easy cleaning

Always always always use the terrain and teleports to your advantage.

Chaos17

Found the turtles (they're level 2) outside of the Fort, they will bump your level and don't hesitate to kill lonely patrol magister whenever you're at the level.

Also for early game I advice you to have 2 mages that you specialize, specially get a wizard for the second I will let you the choice but personally for me summons do help a lot.

I went through a similar curve and my experience after restarting a few times is that the early game is all about the character builds and knowing where to put your points. At Classic difficulty and above, Act 1 is really unforgiving if you dick around with your scarce points too much. It's not a game that you can go in blind, it requires a lot of metagame knowledge which skills are available from which vendor at which point and how abilities synergize... that's not a criticism really, it's where a lot of depth and replayability comes from.

Many people have been playing around with the Early Access and don't realize how much knowledge they've internalized so it feels straightforward and easy to them, whereas complete beginners get easily lost in the weeds.

Stick with it and don't be afraid to back up to early saves or even restart in Act 1. There's a tipping point where your experience begins to turn battles that seemed impossible in earlier attempts.

Arkanius

Fucking hell
I'm still on Act 1 and Tactician, but my party is composed of:

1 Cleric Melee Necro/Hydro
2 Wizards Geomancer/Pyro
1 Dual wielding rougue

Take a guess? Eveyrone has huge amounts of Physical armor so my Rogue and Cleric do jackshit, and I have to kill everyone else with the Wizards.

I have absolutely no crowd control other than the slows with the Geomancer boulders.

I don't know how to keep progressing. I managed to fight my way out of the fort, but I don't know if I can keep progressing like this.

ValfarHL

Fucking hell

2 Wizards Geomancer/Pyro
1 Dual wielding rougue

Take a guess? Eveyrone has huge amounts of Physical armor so my Rogue and Cleric do jackshit, and I have to kill everyone else with the Wizards.

I have absolutely no crowd control other than the slows with the Geomancer boulders.

I don't know how to keep progressing. I managed to fight my way out of the fort, but I don't know if I can keep progressing like this.

I'm at the start of act 2, and in my experience act 1 is much easier if you prioritise physical damage. A rogue and ranger can do so much damage.

Maybe try that then respec into more magic use when you get to act 2?

Tovarisc

For the burning corpse on the cross fight : She use her AoE nuke only if the characters are grouped together. Unchain and split the characters far away and she won't nuke you.

You mean crucified witch who endured unjust and cruel death in hands of Magisters so she turned into tormented being / soul? She may have been witch, but how she became that... thing is still sad.

GAF.

I'm disappointed.

You told me that the Aetena fight was ridiculous.

All I did was Tac Retreat Sebille and I two-shotted her.

Just because you are using broken / unbalanced class in your party doesn't mean fight isn't difficult :D

Rad-

Fucking hell

2 Wizards Geomancer/Pyro
1 Dual wielding rougue

You could respec that first party member into magic damage. That way you have 3 magic damage dealers + 1 rogue for enemies that have fewer physical armor. Or maybe on top of that change the rogue to ranger because rangers are the best class in the game atm and a ranger keeps away from those mage nukes. Even a single ranger can kill fools without needing much help.

That actually sounds like a fun team build. 3 magic damage dealers + 1 ranger. Just nuking shit from a far. Just give the mages a shield.

Though if you want to make the game much easier, a team build of 3 physical damage guys + 1 magic damage is the best imo. 1 of the physical guys also has summons so you can summon magical damage dealers to help the mage. But that 3 mages + 1 physical probably works well too.

Fucking hell

2 Wizards Geomancer/Pyro
1 Dual wielding rougue

Tactician is not suitable for first time divinity players, which i'm guessing you are?
Anyway, your party is a bit mess.
  • Dual wielding rogue has to jump into poison/fire/oil then inevitably get exploded when those two elements meet.
  • The cleric doesn't need to be melee if you are not getting points into warfare, so give them a shield/wand, and thats one less person going into a mess battlefield.
But at that point the rogue is shredding armour for no one, and you might aswell commit to full magic. If you want CC, focus that cleric on melee-warfare or give it some Ice spells.

because rangers are the best class in the game atm.
Na necromancy exists. It only requires 2 points+point in hydro to become ridiculous. And it scales perfectly with either warfare or int,so you can have two in your team with no sacrifice to split damage. Anddddd yea its physical damage on your mage, so they are flexible.
- Nuke enemy's with blood sucker
- Burst heal allies with blood sucker
- Make allies unkillable for 2 turns
- Major armour buff
- Summons
- Stop enemies healing
- Full hp revives
- Shackles of pain shenanigans
- Weaken enemies with disease. (Which also does damage for some reason....)
- Ranged life drain

Tovarisc

Tactician is not suitable for first time divinity players, which i'm guessing you are?

I'm first time Divinity player and I have no issues with Tactician difficulty sooo... not some rule that is written into the stone.

Edit: You could say "first time in cRPG" more than "first time in Divinity" as latter has somewhat less to do with understanding and getting decent team comp rolling

I don't recommend dual lone wolf melee, otherwise you're fine.

It's funny, me and my friend started a tacticion run and basically struggled with 4 people in the party. But a dual lone wolf melee run? We are absolutely destroying that playthrough so far.

I'm sure it'll get insane later though.

Llyranor

I played through Div1 on Tactician the first time and it was fine. 2 seems to be a similar difficulty.

My party which seems to be effective so far. Just got out of Fort Joy. Certainly some tough fights so far, but nothing impossible.

1) Undead polymorpher/necro as the 'tank', recently starting to branch more into warfare. Mainly physical damage. One point in water to gain access to blood rain and healing.

2) Fire/earth mage

3) Air/water mage. Going to add a bit of summoning as well. Will eventually add some earth for more undead healing.

4) Summoner, starting to branch out into huntsman.

So, a magic-heavy party, with one tank to deal physical dmg. Him being undead allows me to spread poison liberally, necro helps keep him alive, and polymorph is incredible mobility.. Necro and summoner seems to be sufficient summoning to help tank as well. Summoning is also incredibly useful for dealing physical OR magic damage, depending on the type of enemies. As for magic, I feel having access to all elemental schools is really important in a party build, but more importantly for sheer fun.

The party's served me well. I'll make some minor adjustment on respecs, but overall I'm quite content with the general party build.

I do like that it's easier to multiclass. Ability leveling-up not being cumulatively/prohibitively more expensive makes a big difference. So, then, it becomes a tradeoff of power vs versatility (main attribute vs memory, other abilities vs boosting your main ones). Bear in mind you can get the majority of skills with only 2-3 points in an ability, with the max skill only requiring 5 lvls (and summoning benefitting the most from 10 lvls)

I'm first time Divinity player and I have no issues with Tactician difficulty sooo... not some rule that is written into the stone.

Edit: You could say "first time in cRPG" more than "first time in Divinity" as latter has somewhat less to do with understanding and getting decent team comp rolling

What i mean is "Larian dont think you should start on this difficulty".
They also give a warning when playing undead, which is a pretty OP talent in 2, so what do they know :p

Sarcasm

It's funny, me and my friend started a tacticion run and basically struggled with 4 people in the party. But a dual lone wolf melee run? We are absolutely destroying that playthrough so far.

I'm sure it'll get insane later though.

I have a single player tactician dual lone wolf melee build which is turning into a numbers game. Really need to squeeze out as much EXP possible and buy/steal everything.

While my CoOp tactician dual lone wolf magical build is breezing everything. Earlier today pulled over 7 mobs in one fight, easy peasy.

For a new person I still don't recommend the melee one.

Arkanius

You could respec that first party member into magic damage. That way you have 3 magic damage dealers + 1 rogue for enemies that have fewer physical armor. Or maybe on top of that change the rogue to ranger because rangers are the best class in the game atm and a ranger keeps away from those mage nukes. Even a single ranger can kill fools without needing much help.

That actually sounds like a fun team build. 3 magic damage dealers + 1 ranger. Just nuking shit from a far. Just give the mages a shield.

Though if you want to make the game much easier, a team build of 3 physical damage guys + 1 magic damage is the best imo. 1 of the physical guys also has summons so you can summon magical damage dealers to help the mage. But that 3 mages + 1 physical probably works well too.

I can't respec in Act 1 can I?
I was thinking of making my Rogue into an Archer. My Cleric would stay at the front. His Necromancer skills only work when there is no more Physical armor so... I still need to make it go down.

Anyway, your party is a bit mess.
  • Dual wielding rogue has to jump into poison/fire/oil then inevitably get exploded when those two elements meet.
  • The cleric doesn't need to be melee if you are not getting points into warfare, so give them a shield/wand, and thats one less person going into a mess battlefield.
But at that point the rogue is shredding armour for no one, and you might aswell commit to full magic. If you want CC, focus that cleric on melee-warfare or give it some Ice spells.

Na necromancy exists. It only requires 2 points+point in hydro to become ridiculous. And it scales perfectly with either warfare or int,so you can have two in your team with no sacrifice to split damage. Anddddd yea its physical damage on your mage, so they are flexible.
- Major armour buff
- Summons
- Stop enemies healing
- Full hp revives
- Ranged life drain

I played Divinity one, and was not expecting this Physical/Mage armor thing. It foiled my plans completely lol.
Anyway, the Rogue is supposed to be sherdding the armor for my Necro to use his skills since they only connect after the armor is down. But the Rogue is way too squishy for it to work correctly.

Taruranto

lol, you can have two death spiders? One is already hella broken, I'm surprised they haven't patched it.

Not sure how the death spiders get terrorized, tho'. It seems like an oversight.

Pholy is also very good, especially the spell to switch surfaces, but also Medusa + Fly.

Artdayne

Fucking hell

2 Wizards Geomancer/Pyro
1 Dual wielding rougue

Yeah not the best party composition for a first time tactician run, I definitely struggled with tactician when I first started and started over on classic and beat it that way. I'm now on my second playthrough on tactician again and it's going a lot better.

It doesn't seem that you have a tank and nothing that is on the overpowered side in your group either. Maybe your cleric does some tanking? What kind of weapon is your cleric using? Summoners are super strong for early game tactician and make it much easier.

- Major armour buff
- Summons
- Stop enemies healing
- Full hp revives
- Ranged life drain

This is quite similar to what I'm doing, my second run I am playing the Night King from GoT, heh. One point in warfare, 2 points in Necromancy and I'm maxing out Hydro. I use a staff that does water damage so I hit hard in melee and also have hard hitting spells.
I have a summon, loads of cc with hydro spells and two knockdowns from warfare. Of course I'll start putting more points in warfare and necro later but I'm still in act 1.

Arkanius

Yeah not the best party composition for a first time tactician run, I definitely struggled with tactician when I first started and started over on classic and beat it that way. I'm now on my second playthrough on tactician again and it's going a lot better.

It doesn't seem that you have a tank and nothing that is on the overpowered side in your group either. Maybe your cleric does some tanking? What kind of weapon is your cleric using? Summoners are super strong for early game tactician and make it much easier.

The Cleric Wooden mace and wooden plank shield lol

Tovarisc

lol, you can have two death spiders? One is already hella broken, I'm surprised they haven't patched it.

Not sure how the death spiders get terrorized, tho'. It seems like an oversight.

Pholy is also very good, especially the spell to switch surfaces, but also Medusa + Fly.

You can have 4 if you want to. Every character in party can have 1 summon (kitty, spider, incarnate, plant...) in battle at any given time. I would say having Summoner + X and Summoner + Necro is enough summoner stacking for party comp tho.

What i mean is "Larian dont think you should start on this difficulty".
They also give a warning when playing undead, which is a pretty OP talent in 2, so what do they know :p

I don't remember what warning said, but tad arrogant if they say new Divinity players shouldn't play on Tactician. DOS2 isn't that different from other cRPG's out there when it comes to party based combat now days so maybe if you are new to genre as a whole.

Also how undead is broken? Because you can't bleed?

Arkanius

I'm so happy, managed to beat the Arena on Act 1.
Level 4 party I said above.

Every victory I manage I fucking cheer like I just won a football game.

Also how undead is broken? Because you can't bleed?

I wouldn't say broken its just really strong for a talent slot.
- Heal from posion, necromancy, blood sucker
- Cant heal from normal healing

But since necromancer is arguably broken, if you take 1/2 necromancers your undead is gonna have all the healing it will ever need.
So this is really strong because you are free to use your healing spells on either other party members or decaying/undead enemies.
And there is are alot of undead enemies, so the more heal spells your caster has available, the more versatile that caster becomes. Having a hydro/necro that can one shot enemies through armor, deal damage to armour and magic armour is extremely powerful.

Top Bottom