• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NFS Most Wanted on PSVita footage eases all my concerns

Real Racing 2 :)

Real Racing 1 is the most awful racing game I ever played.

At least Asphalt doesn't take it self seriously and can actually be fun.

that game lasted 20 minutes on my ipad 3 what a waste of money and space

I see 2 isn't any different then.

Can't you just wait until the game actually comes out or until we actually get some proper footage before you start judging the resolution of the game based on a blurry off camera YouTube video?

I'll make my final judgment on the game then, meanwhile I can make my judgement on the video. Otherwise what's the point of this thread?

Syriel

Why are they not showcasing this game more? We only have two PR shots, and they look glorious!

VITA_NFSMW13scrn_gallery_post.jpg

VITA_OUTRUN_COPS_gallery_post.jpg

There's a preview embargo on NFS:MW (all versions) that lifts this week.

EA had a hands-on event last week.

https://twitter.com/worthplaying/status/253100734546063360

dreamfall

I love my Vita, as much as any other Vita GAF member. But I don't understand- this video didn't highlight anything for me. It's 23 seconds of what exactly? It's off screen footage that doesn't seem to illustrate much about the game.

Part of me wonders why EA doesn't market it better- official videos of the Vita version, some developer commentary on how this is NOT a shoddy port, detailing of Online features, etc. I'm hoping, much like the OP, that it does turn out magnificently. But this video doesn't really do much of anything to assuage doubts that it was mishandled. I hope I'm wrong!

Massa

I love my Vita, as much as any other Vita GAF member. But I don't understand- this video didn't highlight anything for me. It's 23 seconds of what exactly? It's off screen footage that doesn't seem to illustrate much about the game.

It's 23 seconds of the game running on a Vita, which is sadly something EA hasn't been able to provide yet.

Carl

Part of me wonders why EA doesn't market it better- official videos of the Vita version, some developer commentary on how this is NOT a shoddy port, detailing of Online features, etc. I'm hoping, much like the OP, that it does turn out magnificently. But this video doesn't really do much of anything to assuage doubts that it was mishandled. I hope I'm wrong!

It's exactly what it shows, and that's exactly why it's a good thing. Shows that the game is the same on Vita as on the consoles.

And yeah a developer did say it isn't a shoddy port http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487097

All of the online modes from 360/PS3 are on Vita, too.

dreamfall

It's 23 seconds of the game running on a Vita, which is sadly something EA hasn't been able to provide yet.

It's really frustrating that they aren't doing more! I mean, the game is out in less than a month and we've seen an off-screen clip. What the hell could they possibly be doing? Why can't Criterion give us a developer diary or something detailing it further?

How is it different from the Console/PC versions? I want more information!

Can't you just wait until the game actually comes out or until we actually get some proper footage before you start judging the resolution of the game based on a blurry off camera YouTube video?
Dude. Look at the shutline of the boot/trunk of the Cobra as it reflects the sunlight at certain angles. Same again with the R8 around the rear lights and just below the rear wing. That is obvious aliasing, that has nothing to do with the video quality. The fact that it is so easily spotted in such a blurry video just goes to show that it can't possibly be running at native resolution. The PPI on the Vita is pretty high, so if that game was running native res, the aliasing on the reflective edges like that shutline would be so much less noticable, to the point that it would be nearly impossible to detect in a video of this quality.

It's not a big deal, and is to be expected in most ambitious games on Vita, but it is quite clear to see, and therefore totally reasonable to point it out. It's not being unfair, it's just stating the obvious.

dreamfall

It's exactly what it shows, and that's exactly why it's a good thing. Shows that the game is the same on Vita as on the consoles.

And yeah a developer did say it isn't a shoddy port http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487097

All of the online modes from 360/PS3 are on Vita, too.

Thanks for linking that- I think I remember when those shots came out and the excitement concerning the Vita version. I think it'll be great (as I trust Criterion with their game development) but is it wrong to want more official video?

I don't think it'll be a shoddy port at all. I just want a little bit of reassurance in the form of an official trailer or more developer commentary with the game coming so soon.

Carl

Thanks for linking that- I think I remember when those shots came out and the excitement concerning the Vita version. I think it'll be great (as I trust Criterion with their game development) but is it wrong to want more official video?

I don't think it'll be a shoddy port at all. I just want a little bit of reassurance in the form of an official trailer or more developer commentary with the game coming so soon.

No, we all want more previews and footage.

Apparently EA had a preview event for NFS not too long ago, so hopefully we'll hear something from that soon.

Corto

I'll get it and it will consume me for a month or two, but watching that video just had me imagining a full fledged portable Gran Turismo on Vita. It will be glorious.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Had such a deja vu.. I'm like WTF?

I read the same thing but with Ass Creed WiiU like a couple hours ago

Well played Massa

I was gonna say wasn't this thread about that lol

Marz

Good portable racing games in the last 2 years:

Wipeout 2048 (Vita)
Need for Speed: The Run (3DS)

Sooooooooooo yea.

Massa

Almost zero other cars on the road. And people are impressed?!

Honestly I take that as positive. My only complaint with Burnout Paradise was having my races ruined by traffic. And the lack of actual people means the world feels dead already anyway.

Had such a deja vu.. I'm like WTF?

I read the same thing but with Ass Creed WiiU like a couple hours ago

Well played Massa

I was gonna say wasn't this thread about that lol

;)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lol, do your ios have something comparable in graphics, content etc?
Haven't you seen the latest mw trailer? There's close to zero cars in certain parts. But obviously people notices things like this only when it comes to vita, i really don't understand why... or maybe i do.

Seems like the textures take their time to load as you are driving, or it's probably just the quality of the video, but it certainly doesn't look on par with what we've seen of the PS3/360 version. Hopefully it has online.

Carl

Seems like the textures take their time to load as you are driving, or it's probably just the quality of the video, but it certainly doesn't look on par with what we've seen of the PS3/360 version. Hopefully it has online.

All the same online modes as on consoles.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
But seriously: good graphics on a handheld in 2012? Does that really impress people still?
Maybe not when it's good, but surely when it's best? This is by far the most impressive handheld racing game I can think of, not just in terms of visuals (where it's still best even compared to something like Real Racing 3 where you just go around single tracks) but in terms of being practically identical to big version of the game, massive open world and all.

What I find impressive is Criterion seems to have image based lighting running on Vita.
I'm really looking forward to this, have it on pre-order already.
Any word on Cross Play??

lantus

What I find impressive is Criterion seems to have image based lighting running on Vita.
I'm really looking forward to this, have it on pre-order already.
Any word on Cross Play??

I think EA said they were looking into it. So yeah, you might have to switch pre-orders to the PS3 version if you want to get both.

VanWinkle

No, there is clear aliasing on the back of the Cobra. It's not native. It was never going to be native, come on now.

The problem is, you're corresponding aliasing to resolution. A game can be native resolution and still not have AA, thus have aliasing. You have no clue whether the game is native resolution. Now, it could end up being sub-native when all is said and done, but don't act like you know something when you don't.

True open world, solid framerate, and true analog stick controls meaning accuracy over tilt/touch controls ... it's everything I want in a handheld racer.

Disclaimer: I'm likely buying this Day 1 on Vita, because it's basically Burnout Paradise 2 on a handheld. I like that.

This video doesn't show anything.

I can't recall if Criterion handled the PSP versions of Legends and Dominator, but those were solid as hell - especially the oft-forgotten Dominator, which was the closest we ever got to going back to the best Burnout
Burnout 2: Point of Impact

It bodes well for the Vita version.

Top Bottom