• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Here's a statement from the Deus Ex Twitter account about the PC release

CqgKdcqWcAAMWJ4.jpg:large

This really smacks of "this port is fucked"

It really does. Nothing makes sense about this.

Chabbles

My SimplyGames order hasn't arrived either. Never had an issue in the past but it's VERY rare something sent first-class doesn't arrive in 3 working days. If it's not here tomorrow I'll be fucking miffed.

Saying that I ordered the PC version because I am weak. 6 hours to go :D.... :(

When GTAV released for PS4, SimplyGames sent dispatch emails to people on friday evening around 5pm stating dispatched, even though they were out of stock. The game was releasing the following tuesday (just like this release), and had they not sent dispatch emails out to people, they would have gotten alot of cancellations over the weekend. They're dodgy.

Wish I could feel exicted about Deus Ex: MK on PC, but weird unlock times, Denuvo inclusion, so-so reviews where some of the concerns, not the scores, worry me, and a season pass that I can live without but makes me shake my head, takes a lot of enthusiam for the release away.

Oh well, will be there later I guess. Hope the OST is added to Spotify soon. The OST for HR is so good to listen to at work.

Tovarisc

This really smacks of "this port is fucked"

It really does. Nothing makes sense about this.

Watched Dansgaming play PC version for several hours yesterday. I wanted to see how fucked port is like that one benchmark paints it as. It's very solid port with good performance. Cutscene stuff after completing prologue caused Dan few CTD's when he had SLI enabled, disabling SLI for that cutscene allowed him past it and after that was able to play with SLI enabled.

For him SLI increases performance while for some SLI decreases performance in MD.

Port isn't fucked.

4jjiyoon

Watched Dansgaming play PC version for several hours yesterday. I wanted to see how fucked port is like that one benchmark paints it as. It's very solid port with good performance. Cutscene stuff after completing prologue caused Dan few CTD's when he had SLI enabled, disabling SLI for that cutscene allowed him past it and after that was able to play with SLI enabled.

For him SLI increases performance while for some SLI decreases performance in MD.

Port isn't fucked.

port seems fine to me. i have faith in nixxes. sli causes a lot of problems day one.

nOoblet16

I am now playing this game from start again but this time trying to do the objectives before I am even told about them. Let's see how many of them get acknowledged by the characters.

SJRB

Gold Member
GVdqH8P.jpg

2-disc extended soundtrack releasing 30th of September, supposedly. Not sure why it's not coming alongside the game and we have to wait a month, but o well..

Fordy

So I'm going non lethal first time. I'm guessing I can sell all weapon and ammo except for the
Stun Gun and Tranquilizer Rifle? I guess EMP Pistol counts too?

Pixieking

Banned
So weird to read posts like this in OT and even posts that are just huge blocks of spoiler tag when game isn't even out for everyone to play. I get it this isn't story critical stuff or maybe not even side-quest, but same time would love to find this stuff by my own. If there isn't spoiler thread for discussion about story and solving stuff like this I guess I should bail from OT.

Yeah, considering the game isn't even out for one of the release platforms for another... 4 hours, having even minor story/character/location spoilers out in the open is bizarre.

Also, all "the port is fucked" talk is a bit much, too - reviews have been out since Friday. We'd know if the port was fucked, and, aside from SLI and certain settings on High and Ultra tanking the frame-rate, it isn't fucked. Unless the Day 1 PC patch screws it over.

Port isn't fucked.

Yeah, I've been reading that as well, but it doesn't make any sense to delay it by 18 hours, no matter how good/bad it is.

It just gives a bad vibe. If it's a good port, have a simultaneous release and be done with it. If it's broken, delay it and try to fix it. Don't count on me being a beta tester for your game and tell me you have to have all teams ready in order to release the game. It shouldn't be of my concern.

Regginator

4 hours left! I'm not too worried about the PC port. Everything on High presets and then work my way up or down when appropriate. SMAA going all the way down, shadows probably medium, and hopefully textures on ultra. 40/45fps target on a 280X.

gdt

Can't wait to get home and play. Been away all weekend though so I gotta download first :/. That'll take an hour or two.

Ulysses 31

One thing I wished for is that they'd tone down the kinda OPness of the one button take downs:

• if you manage to sneak up on an unalerted guy, take downs would be 100% guaranteed
  • if you move head on and they see you coming, the enemie has a chance to dodge/counter/push you away when you attempt the take down.

GVdqH8P.jpg

2-disc extended soundtrack releasing 30th of September, supposedly. Not sure why it's not coming alongside the game and we have to wait a month, but o well..
Extended edition? So, is there like a regular edition releasing early or something?

My 1070 died and I'm waiting on a replacement from Amazon, so I likely won't be playing for a couple of days anyway (well, I'll see how it runs on my old 2GB 670 just for funsies :p). Hopefully whatever issues there are with the port get ironed out by the time I can play it. The Nioh beta will hold me over until then.

So, I'm going with my aging i5 2320 / GTX 670 over Xbox One, as I think I'll still be able to get equal quality as consoles with higher framerate.

Any impressions yet from lower end pcs?

nOoblet16

People would have actually spoiled themselves by watching official videos because they show two locations in the game, actual missions, a very important conversation, and new powers that people might like to figure out on their own and as such have been avoiding. Would you say nothing gets posted about the game itself at all then?

I have finished the game for a while now and I have more posts than anybody in this thread, and I have been extremely careful about spoilers even the ones unrelated to story and side story. So I do know a thing or two about what would count as a spoiler and what wouldn't and thst picture isn't. But in my opinion some people are a bit too sensitive and over react to even the most inconsequential things. It happens in every thread and all I'll say is that you cant please everyone when it comes to things like these and if you are that sensitive then you are better off not visiting the thread at all

I mean just to give you an idea of how inconsequential this is, it is the first shop and adjacent to Jensen's apartment. It's one of the first things you see in the game and people have spoiled themselves by watching ore release media 10-15 hours into the game.

Infact I am pretty damn certain I am actually looking at a bug more than anything else.

Lima

Wait why does the game have an achievement for I never asked for this but no trophy? That seems weird. I didn't ask for this.

Hixx

When GTAV released for PS4, SimplyGames sent dispatch emails to people on friday evening around 5pm stating dispatched, even though they were out of stock. The game was releasing the following tuesday (just like this release), and had they not sent dispatch emails out to people, they would have gotten alot of cancellations over the weekend. They're dodgy.

I would hope that is not the case this time as I pre-ordered quite a while ago... not saying it would be acceptable even if I hadn't, but still.

Anyone in the UK who ordered form Simplygames not get their copy today? Mine is yet to arrive, boooo.

Quite a few in this thread and more on Facebook. Does seem too common to be Royal Mail issues.

Yu Narukami

I like RPG's, I like shooters but I really hate stealth games. This game looks interesting and I haven't played a shooter in ages. Can I kill everything without penalties? I want to shoot things and play without thinking too much.
Is there an easy difficulty?
Sorry for quoting myself. But I need to know before buying this.

Tovarisc

People would have actually spoiled themselves by watching official videos because they show two locations in the game, actual missions, a very important conversation, and new powers that people might like to figure out on their own and as such have been avoiding. Would you say nothing gets posted about the game itself at all then?

I have finished the game for a while now and I have more posts than anybody in this thread, and I have been extremely careful about spoilers even the ones unrelated to story and side story. So I do know a thing or two about what would count as a spoiler and what wouldn't and thst picture isn't. But in my opinion some people are a bit too sensitive and over react to even the most inconsequential things. It happens in every thread and all I'll say is that you cant please everyone when it comes to things like these and if you are that sensitive then you are better off not visiting the thread at all

I mean just to give you an idea of how inconsequential this is, it is the first shop and adjacent to Jensen's apartment. It's one of the first things you see in the game and people have spoiled themselves by watching ore release media 10-15 hours into the game.

Infact I am pretty damn certain I am actually looking at a bug more than anything else.

My post wasn't aimed at you as personal attack or otherwise. Just me pondering if I should eject from OT in case poster surfaces that forgets to tag some more serious than minor location stuff. I know you have been careful and playing it very well when it comes to posting impressions, none of that "Well it's just side-quest spoiler, chill" stuff that I have seen in some OT's on day 1 or 2 after release.

I appreciate it that you post spoiler free impressions.

Peff

Sorry for quoting myself. But I need to know before buying this.

It's technically possible and there is an easy difficulty, but it's not really much of a shooter and I'm not sure it'd be all that exciting considering the downtime between missions, sidequests and whatnot. Have you tried Doom yet? If not, you should absolutely get that instead.

gossi

I like RPG's, I like shooters but I really hate stealth games. This game looks interesting and I haven't played a shooter in ages. Can I kill everything without penalties? I want to shoot things and play without thinking too much.
Is there an easy difficulty?

You probably want Fallout 4 or Doom.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Seeing 8gb of ram as minimum spec has me a bit worried as that's what I have.

If my CPU is an i5 4460 3.2ghz and my video card is a GTX 970, I'm still going to be able to have good performance on high settings and 1080p right? I don't expect a constant 60 FPS, but if it stays in the 40s-50s, I'll be happy enough.

Paasei

I'll just wait for the PC performance thread/replies. I have 3 weeks to complete this game should I get it.

But the port isn't fucked. This is known.

As I've said, I can believe that–and I've been reading good things as well–but I'm not going to assume anything until I can play it myself.

Especially since they are telling me they need all teams ready before they are willing to hand me the product ...

Tovarisc

What was the canon ending?

afaik they took all three endings and mixed them into one.

Edit: they talked how they didn't have systems in place in HR to track player choices so they would transfer into MD. MD has those systems and tracks your choices for possible 3rd game.

Lyriell

Why can I not stop using the telescope...?! Is this a bug or am I having a Zeus moment?!?

Nevermind must have been a bug... after 10 minutes it exited

Pixieking

Banned

Okay, so my post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I have seen at least a couple of incredibly minor spoilers posted in this thread, and considering the Review Thread had people requesting that the names of the hubs were Spoiler Tagged, it just seemed weird to me that people weren't as careful here.

Secondly, I'm not saying nothing should get posted. If someone clicks on a link that is explicitly referred to as gameplay footage or a trailer, then it's their own fault. However, happening across un-tagged spoilers in the first few pages of an OT (when the PC version isn't even unlocked) is not their fault.

Thirdly, I myself haven't watched any trailers/let's plays/video reviews since I watched one of the first trailers in... March, I think it was? And I've only skimmed written reviews. I don't mean anything by this except to comment that not all of the people reading this thread will have been exposed to vast amounts of info.

No offense meant, in any case. :)

Top Bottom