• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uhh, that Crash remaster is looking pretty fucking good.

Ashtar

Jeez this thread is terrible in all the right ways truth be told it's pretty hard to tell the difference between trolls and people mocking trolls.
I'm looking forward to these never played the originals but I need something new

SgtCobra

People are allowed to think what they will, as do I. You don't like how I choose to express my opinion? Should I give a fuck about that?
If acting like an ass to others is voicing your opinion then you're pretty bad at it. Looks like people are hitting nerves here, it almost seems like if you care.

It doesn't look as bad as the naysayer shitposters say it does and it doesn't look as OMFGWTF sad the crash religion says.
That's my take basically.

lm not sure if that is possible with LCD screens which can have 30-150ms of lag. l dont actually know how platformer designers account for that. Maybe that is why platformers aren't as popular post wired controller + CRT.

I dunno, but Mario and other platformers have excellent and very responsive controls, so it should be possible.

PaulloDEC

what the actual fuck?

What the actual fuck is this? My eyeballs must be purged from existence. It's the only way.

crash_nightmarev8uci.gif

The developers of thr game call it "remaster plus"

Not a remake or a remaster. So there ya go.

2 trailers of the game run at 60fps for some reason. The game is 30fps (ps4) unless there is a day 1 patch coming to add it but who knows.

Personally i think it looks great!!

Edit: also hope they remaster crash 4, crash bash, and crash team racing.

nynt9

The "crash was never good/popular" brigade of weirdos is out full force again I see. It's funny because it's just not true, as it's been demonstrated in every other thread every time this happens. Regardless, I think these look pretty great and I'm glad the franchise is getting another chance, and I hope this is successful enough to lead to a CTR remake.

The originals were great. They were really bright and colorful, with lots of great environments. Honestly, the first two were the only times it felt like someone had made a Nintendo like platformer.

But this doesn't seem to capture that color, still it looks great, and I am definitely going to get it. Should tide me over till Mario Odyssey.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I think it looks very mediocre but i don't have any nostalgia for it. Gameplay looks extremely dated even compared to games of its time.

For fans it will certainly be excellent.

rtcn63

... The Ratchet remake at 30fps wasn't bad, mostly due to the complete lack of frame-pacing/time issues. Still, the original was 60...

Rellik

It looks more like a remake than remaster to me.

I'm getting it, but only at a nice discount later.

It's £25 for 3 games.

Are you waiting for free?

The "crash was never good/popular" brigade of weirdos is out full force again I see. It's funny because it's just not true, as it's been demonstrated in every other thread every time this happens. Regardless, I think these look pretty great and I'm glad the franchise is getting another chance, and I hope this is successful enough to lead to a CTR remake.

Yeah it's really boring now.

You had to either not been living back then or living under a rock to not see how popular Crash was. And as I always say, Crash 1-3 and CTR still sell on PSN to this day. And they sell more than any other classic including GTA and Final Fantasy.

valkyre

Well I am waiting for those sales numbers...

People have been crying for crash content, so there it is, now lets see how many are actually willing to buy it... i am willing to bet its going to be disappointing, but hell, I can eat crow happily.

entremet

I'm very excited about this collection. Would've preferred 60FPS, but still quality games with a nice new coat of paint.

Top Bottom